Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Sweet Home

Zion Krayt

Z
Tython,
Fringes of a Forest
Tython-p2.jpg
He hadn't seen the planet of Tython for quite a long time. Since he had met with Darron Wraith, the Headmaster of the Tython Jedi Temple. It didn't bother him too much though, he still knew what it looked like. He knew that the world wasn't being attacked by the Sith, and he knew that his homeworld wasn't going anywhere. But sometimes it was nice to just go home every once and a while, even when you weren't missing it, right?

That's why he decided to just return home for a while. Maybe for relaxation and to feel nostalgic.

Upon the fringes of a forest near the Jedi Academy, Zaren Bouqi found himself wandering in the middle of a field, and he only came back to himself when he realized that he was standing some place familiar.

In only the smallest ways did it look familiar, but based upon how he was feeling, he was standing directly upon the location where his home would be built in the future. The place where he would have grown up before he went to the Jedi Academy with his father and uncle and try to make them proud. He had never hated leaving home, because he knew his mother would always be near, and his father would be in more danger than her for he was the one who went on the dangerous missions.

It was early morning, he had plenty of time he realized, so he took a seat in the place that would become his home in a few centuries, crossed his legs, and lost himself in the Force.

Several hours later when he opened up his eyes again, he knew it was the same day, and he was happy because of that. He didn't want to have been found sitting there days on end, that would have been horrible. Zaren loved to eat.

So the Protector of Tython got to his feet, and began the trek back to some place that he used to visit as a Padawan. There were waterfalls nearby that were nice to just listen to and be near. When he was there, he felt as if there was some sort of connection between him and the planet.

The Protector simply stood next to the waterfall and looked at it from the top, and let his eyes trail downwards, taking in every single sight.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Tython, it was one of those planets that had a lot of history that people usually forgot about. Mostly the Jedi, of course. Origins of both the Dark and the Light originated from those that first arrived on Tython and these ancestors of the Force were Spencer's teachers. Emerging from a cave, the young woman dusted off the ultrachrome armor that Rave had crafted for her. It was something new and different – meant to utilize her specialty with Tutaminis. The sun above Tython reflected against the ultrachrome casting a flicker light to anyone in the region. Getting used to the armor was going to take time and Spencer needed to make sure she utilized the time as much as possible. Force only knew when another attack would happen.

Coming out on the bank of the waterfall, Spencer was quick to catch another presence in her area. Her mind was open to the area around her – she did so that she would be able to catch if someone had followed her down into the ruins of the Je'daii. Once she was able to locate the direction the calming presence was coming from, she quickly locked up her mind protecting her self from the calming aura turning into something menacing. A lightsaber she rarely used on her side she wrapped the cloak around her slender armored frame and made contact with the presence of what it seemed to be another Jedi.

“Excuse me? Uh hi, can I help you with something? You lost?” Unlike a typical Jedi, her presence in the Force held no color, no definate side – Spencer like always was in complete balance, something she learned from studying the Je'daii; who believed in being balanced from an era free of the Republic.

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]

Zion Krayt

Z
There were few things going through his mind at the time of contact with the solitary person, so when his mind alerted him to someone nearby he hadn't expected it, and when he looked to see if there was indeed someone there, by the time he caught sight of them he couldn't sense them in the Fore anymore.

Why would she hide herself? And so he shook his head in reply to her questions. "No, I am not lost." It was polite enough, right? "I'm just..." Revisiting my home. "Wandering around. The Jedi Academy isn't too far, I can find my way back." He replied, still in that polite tone that he assumed when he was meeting strangers. Especially strangers that didn't seem hostile, but concealed themselves from light siders!

"Can I help you?" He inquired lightly enough. She seemed...Tense at most, or at least cautious of him. He wasn't sure why, but he certainly wanted to find out.

The Master made quick note of body language and did her best to relax her own frame. He reacted like he was supposed to, suspicious and curious. Couldn't blame him for it though, she did just come out of a restricted zone on the planet and had in her pockets holocrons she created to store the information that she had found in the cavern. Shoving the small bag behind her she folded her arms the best she could against her chest as she shook her head.

“I've been studying the ruins out here since I returned to the Order. The pilgrims that arrived here fascinate me and honestly the galaxy could use some reminding on their teachings as well as some Jedi.” Spencer was brief and she continued to walk along the bank of the small river the waterfall flowed into. She continued to move towards the Knight as she kept herself well aware of the shift in the Force.

“Are you unsure if you can trust me or not?”

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]

Zion Krayt

Z
He noted the bag that she bore, and how she had pushed it behind her back and he made sure to not let his gaze linger upon it for too long. He wondered what was in the bag, but refrained from utilizing the Force to retrieve it, or try and discern what was in it with a force sight. That wouldn't look too good with someone he had just met, even if they were worthy of his suspicion and caution.

"Would I be correct to assume that you won't show me a few of these reminders...Now?" It didn't hurt to be safe. He didn't know why she was upon the planet, but he wouldn't harm her if she showed no harm, or left after causing a scene.

"I am suspicious of everyone I first meet." He replied with a smile complimenting his features. "I will trust you more if you sat down with me." He indicated towards the floor, and raised his eyebrows as if he was challenging her to force him to not trust her. But she seemed like a trustworthy person, once you got past the...suspicion. And so he sat down, and crossed his legs in front of the woman, waiting for her to do the same.

"My name is Zaren Bouqi. Only one person in the galaxy knows that, and now you are the second." He continued.

Lucky me. Spencer thought quietly as she clung tightly to the bag which was now behind her. He seemed interested in what she was doing and was doing his best to convince her to show him especially by asking if she would show him. Spencer never trusted anyone off the first meeting, the last time she did, she found herself being the living entree for a Garhoon. Spencer adjusted herself in her armor and continued to walk away from the cave she emerged from. The artifacts in her pouch were temperature sensitive especially since they were hiding in the cave.

“It seems we both like to have secrets. So why are you so willing to give me your name, yet no one else knows it?” She passed him and then stopped, her nose wrinkled as her curiosity got the best of her mostly she wanted to know why he was on Tython away from the comforts of the temple. Turning back she moved to where she was and sat down in front of him. Keeping the back secured and away from him, she raised an eyebrow.

“So you study at the Temple here? I haven't made my way there yet, I avoid the temples the best I can. Never been a fan of them, I grew up in the Temple on Coruscant.” Pausing, she nodded and then spoke again. “My name's Spencer.”

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]

Zion Krayt

Z
She almost walked away from him, and he was unsure as to what he should do. Part of him was going to pull her back through the Force if she was going to continue walking, and the other part wanted him to think that she would come back. This time, it looked as if the part of him that wanted her to stay had lucked out.

"I did so to keep you here just a little longer." He said softly. "I could have lied of course, but I didn't. I'm certain you took note of that." He wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. He didn't know who she was, what she was capable of, or why she thought that she could take things that seem to be quite important, without making anyone else aware of it.

"No, I don't study at the Temple here, but I visit sometimes when I find enough free time. I avoid the temples too for the most part, performing my duties alone is easier I find." He took a moment to roll her name around in his head before speaking again. "Thank you for speaking with me, Spencer." Zaren took another moment to think of what he was going to say next before he saying, "I grew up here, on Tython. My home is in a plains nearby." If she did know the nearby area, then it would be clear that there were no places to live in the nearby plains due to the lack of houses.

"Do you truly mean to make the teachings of the Je'daii Order public knowledge?"

Spencer looked towards the direction of the plains, she knew most of the planet and decided to not call him on his comment about the plains. There weren't any homes there which meant either he was telling the truth about being from Tython and he was trying to stray her from something or he wasn't from Tython was just being silly. Though pointing out the fact would just sour the already tense meeting. She rested an elbow on her knee so she could prop her head up. Spencer was quiet when she listened to him speak of the temple, she felt the same, but her loyalty was to Eshan and the Fringe above the Republic.

“Interesting, you prefer to be alone. So I'm assuming you haven't taken a student then. The Order does enjoy pairing people up with students as soon as they're knighted. I have a special agreement with the Grand Master, she knows to only send people my way for specialized lessons. I'm rather picky with my permanent students. Learned that from my Master.” Spencer smirked as she nodded. “As for the secrets and lessons of the Je'daii, I don't plan on making it public knowledge. To me, knowledge is sacred and those that are willing to look for it or willing to learn and really learn are worthy of it. Of course I'm not the judge to say who is worthy for knowledge.” Spencer paused and sighed softly she started to sound like an old Master of her's, a whiphid – who she knew was laughing in the Force at her comments.

“I'm only the keeper of knowledge, I collect and preserve. I create holocrons of my own knowledge so that if these primary sources become damaged – there will be a source for a seeker of knowledge to find.” The more she spoke, the more Spencer realized she was becoming more and more like Velok and she wondered if he was still around if they could revive the Blackguard.

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]

Zion Krayt

Z
While she spoke the Jedi Knight nodded his head at some points. "I do prefer to be alone, yes, but I still have a Padawan, only one. He is a handful at the moment." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. She seemed like the sort of person to be experienced with Apprentices, maybe even having multiple at once but they were only assumptions. A rule that Zaren had was to not make his assumptions vocal unless they were truly important. Simple curiosity was hardly a reason to make a possibly rude assumption.

He nodded when she spoke of her specialized students. It was curious to say the least. "What do you teach these students then, if you don't mind me asking?" Her sentiment about knowledge was truly an interesting one, in fact, it was so interesting that he actually believed that himself. The simple nod of his head was enough to show that he agreed with her. "Holocrons?" He asked softly. Now this is... Thin ice is the saying, right? He blinked, and he paused for a while.

"Three sources of this knowledge would be more beneficial, don't you think? A set that you create yourself, the ones that you have gathered yourself, and one for the Jedi Order to keep within it's Temples. That assures that those who truly wish to know more, would be capable of finding it easier rather than having to be sent across the Galaxy to find you and get these lessons from you." He said with a smile. I had handled well, right? It sounded... Smooth.

Spencer did her best not to chuckle at the thought of giving information to be kept safe with the Jedi. She knew the security that was lacking with the Order, mostly because had been one of the few that had helped with Velok and Valik with robbing the place of holocrons and other relics. Deciding that wasn't a good answer to start with, Spencer sighed softly and shook her head. Knowledge was valuable and it was better that she kept it safe and as sad as it made her – away from the Jedi. Once more, she rested her hand on the back and kept it farther from the man in front of her.

“As much as I'd like to agree with your ideas, I feel the Order isn't safe. I remember hearing about a raid in the archives and things were lost – some never recovered again. As for having to travel the galaxy to find me so that one could learn...” A smile spread across her face as she nodded remembering how some of her students had found her and vice verse, “If you're willing to go through any means necessary to gain knowledge I feel that is a lesson within itself.”

Leaning back slightly, she rested against her back and looked up towards the sky of Tython. She sighed softly and enjoyed the energy that resonated from the planet – the origins of the Je'daii. “People forget that the best knowledge you can get is from experience. Life is about the journey not where you end up. Which is why I let the Force guide me – its the will of the Force that you meet people, like us today.” Hazel eyes looking back towards Zaren, she nodded. “I'm a trained Master in mental manipulation, healing and a rare skill called Tutaminis.” Never being so blunt with her specialties Spencer shrugged, “I had many teachers along my journey, light, dark, neutral everyone had something to teach”

[member="Zaren Bouqi"]

Zion Krayt

Z
Zaren wasn't pleased to hear that.

He hadn't heard that Tython's Archives had been raided, but that was most likely because it had happened so long ago and the Jedi Knight had only recently been awoken by the Grandmaster, so in that regard he supposed he could let that slide, but when he was done here he would make sure that the protection in Tython's Archives and Temple was bettered. He had some ideas considering that in his time the Sith Order had raided the Jedi Temples countless times.

In his time it was almost as if the raids had been a game. He remembered a long time ago when the Jedi hadn't been able to hold their Temple, and the Sith had entered the Temple's Grand Hallway and he had lead the Jedi to the planet of Tatooine to hide, and when they had landed their ship the Sith had been close behind. He had never found out whether they had sent a detachment of Sith to chase after their escaping shuttles, or if they had simply wiped out the rest of the Jedi soon after they had left and still had enough time to track the direction they had gone in and determined they had gone to the Republic world of Tatooine. How they had figured that out so long ago, still plagued him occasionally. The Sith's resourcefulness was impeccable, and he had yet to see something as unique in this time.

He'd hope that he didn't let the Sith Order last long enough to find a Sith's plan unique.

"As much as I'd like to argue that you must make a copy for the Order, or one for me, so that I, as the Protector of Tython can safeguard them, I know that you'll simply decline again. I understand your reasoning, and I hope you believe me when I say that the Sith will never find them." He took a moment, and he exhaled almost sadly. "But, I understand." There was no other reason to continue trying to convince her in making a copy for the Jedi Order, or him for that matter, but he had to try. "Instead of being one lesson, I'm certain travelling throughout the Galaxy for a single lesson, teaches multiple lessons." He shrugged his shoulders in an awkward way in his sitting position. There was nothing else for him to say on the matter, he figured what he had said was wise enough.

When she had leaned back, his back felt as if it straightened a bit more in response, but then he lowered himself into a more comfortable position. In fact, what she had said about experience reminded him of a Jedi Master that he had spoken to when he had only been a Jedi Youngling trying to get into the Cells to see how the Sentinels and Investigators interrogated their prisoners. The Jedi had guided him out of the Cells and then he had asked him, 'what's the difference between you and I?' At the time, Zaren hadn't understood and said the obvious answer of, 'you're a Master.' At that point, he had only understood that the Jedi was only a 'higher rank' than he was. But he also knew that in his current age that Jedi don't particularly believe in such things as that. At least he didn't think so. However, when he had given his answer, the Jedi Knight had asked him another question, and that had been, 'why am I a knight, and you're not?' And to that, it was another simple answer of him being older than the young Zaren at the time. And the Jedi Knight laughed. He didn't see why, it wasn't a mocking laugh, more like a laugh that he couldn't help holding in and then he had explained in a handful of words.

The difference between you and I, is experience.

Then he had urged off the young Zaren and he had frowned to mull over the words of the Jedi Knight and left the Cell Block of the Jedi Order to think upon it within the Archives, as if datapads could help him. "The difference between you and I, is experience." He said quietly, not even realizing that he had said that aloud, and he hoped that she hadn't heard him and simply continued with what she had said. "I let the Force guide me as well, I do not think there is a better guide in this world."

Finally they had gotten down to what he had been wondering from the start. "They taught you all of your special abilities?" He asked with an obvious interest. Zaren loved learning things, and he believed that a Jedi should be a sort of philosopher as well as a warrior. When he heard the title of 'Force Warrior,' that's what he thought of. Philosophical Warriors.

"Perhaps one day I'll seek you out to learn this rare skill of Tutaminis." Then, for once, he laid down upon his back and looked up into the sky. It was relaxing to be on Tython.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom