Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home, and death await me. (Circe Savan)

Staring out of the viewpoint from orbit, Saran looked in abject horror at the planet. All that had happened, and still it remains a desolate, empty world. Dead in the force. A shell, stripped clean of it's life, now a ruin of the past. "Put us down, Jacobs." She said to the pilot, who nodded. He was a good man, and probably Saran's only friend. And now she was here.

Home. Or so it seemed. The Drast family wasn't from here, not entirely. Most of them had been on Alpheridies. But one, Visus Mar, was from here, it's only survivor. And she led to Saran, in the end. The last survivors of the cataclysm. Her sister of long past, a Jedi, had survived the death of a planet. She had heard about it, but to see it, was shocking. The Force just wasn't here. Everything was gloomy, as a normal being may call a greyscale. She couldn't see as she could normally. But she emmited a presence, detectable on the barren would, that any skilled force-user could find. She was exposed. Stepping off the ship, she sighed. This was home, for now. The Zealot, although it was in fine condition, was staying on the ground. It's owner.needed the time here. Sitting down on the hard earth, she meditated.

A ship entering orbit startled her. Someone else was here.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Katarr. Once a planet teeming with the life of millions of Miraluka, destroyed by Darth Nihilus. Few went to the planet, and even fewer came back. But there was much left on the world, many Miralukan treasures stored there from over the years, and Circe intended to acquire herself some. Little did she know that another person, far more deserving of those, was already on the ground. Landing her ship, she slowly stepped out onto the landscape and was immediately touched by the aura of death.

"What a wasteland..."

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran watched the decent of the ship, trying to tell what it was. No luck. The lack of the Force here was hampering the Miraluka's sight, and she could hardly make out an outline. Still, someone was here. "Jacobs, we may have company." She called back. The man's head popped into view on the on-ramp.
"Friend?"
"Not sure. Can't tell what it is." She stared in the direction of @[member="Circe Savan"]'s landing site. Who would come here? A sister, another one of her kind, honoring the memory? Or someone else, for reasons far from that? She knew not. But she would find out soon enough. Standing, she walked to where the ship had landed, Jacobs soon following with a blaster drawn.

The senses of the Miraluka would detect Circe's presence, alright. Force Sight did have a habit of doing such a thing. The soft smile of the woman would go unnoticed as Circe eyed over the landscape. But as she herself sensed Saran, the Force signature marking her presence would slowly disappear, enwrapped in the White Current. Assuming that Force Immersion would hide her from the Miraluka, as it did most other Force users, she began to slowly move towards Saran, eager to meet this woman.

After all, Force Sight was quite the unique skill.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

While we're talking about unique skills, White Current is rare indeed. As the woman faded from view, Saran stopped. If she could do that, she was powerful. And from the fading, she assumed that they were no Jedi. Hopefully they were not enemy. But they weren't someone to be trickled with. "Jacobs, get back to the ship. It's to dangerous." Nodding, he left, but stayed just on the edge of blaster range. I can't win this, can I? She asked him telepathy. No response. Sighing, she stepped forward. If they remained like this, she would be oblivious to @[member="Circe Savan"], no matter how close they got.
Even right next to her.

Smiling as she stepped ever closer, Circe smirked from her immersion as she moved to look at the Miraluka woman. While an advantage of being able to see with the Force was that you could detect a target anywhere, even behind walls, the downside was that you couldn't sense people hidden from the Force or dead to the Force. This made picking up a Yuuzhan Gong or a Fallanassi quite difficult.

Carefully, she positioned herself behind the woman before taking her hands and placing them on her shoulders. Saran would soon find herself brought into the White Current by Circe, given a chance to be fully immersed in the Force. How it would look to her, Circe didn't know.

"Hello there."

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran jumped as she felt @[member="Circe Savan"]'s grasp and everything around her changed. The planet was there, as was everything else, but two things were new. One, the woman behind her, she could now see, slightly. Secondly, the whole of reality around her began to swirl, spinning and flowing like one great river. Relaxing her tensed muscles, she spoke. "What is this?" She asked in wonder. It was almost surreal, like nothing she had ever seen. The world was passing by, and the flow of it seemed to wrap around the woman behind her. She seemed a spiraling white vortex amid the flow of the river. Somewhat like you would expect of a whirlpool. And yet, the "water" kept going, passing around her form and moving into the distance.

"This is the White Current." She smiled. "The Force in its true and pure form. As a Fallanassi, I not only can enter it myself - I can bring others in. As a Miraluka, I knew you would appreciate such things, though it likely makes you feel blinded."

She smiled, gently embracing the woman from behind. "Here to pay tribute, I assume?" She cocked an eyebrow in curiosity.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

A bit surprised by the embrace, and the change in her surroundings, she was slow to respond. The world swirling around her, she stated as whirlpools seemed to come and go. "Yes. My ancestor was the only survivor of this place." She sighed. Although it wasn't pretty, Saran wasn't sure how bad of a home this would make. If she could get a mechanic, and perhaps a healer, she could live out of here, maybe try and bring life back to it. It seemed impossible, but then again, so did this. The planet was empty, but it may yet have hope.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"That's terrible." She sighed, continuing, moving her arms down to give her new friend a wonderful embrace from behind. "My name is Circe Savan, Empress of Serpena and Princess of Falleen. What's your moniker?" This woman seemed most intriguing, certainly someone whom the Sith wished to work with. Perhaps she could even be pursuaded to work with Circe, were she sufficiently enraptured by the White Current.

"I would be willing to teach you more about what you like."

@[member="Saran Drast"]

The Miraluka was.surprised at this, being held, and the currents surrounding her. "Saran Drast. Knight-Errant." An old term, from when ancient warriors would roam, seeking enemies and doing what they did best. A wanderer. And that was the path Saran had chosen. A monad of the stars. And she came here to see her past. Why @[member="Circe Savan"] was here, she wasn't sure. And who this woman was seemed just as big a question. "Why are you here? I don't think you came to honor those who have gone to see death."

"Artifacts. I'm an archaeologist, here to recover what technology was left unscathed after Nihilus's dark deed. Not to mention a notorious playgirl with an appetite the size of all the inhabitants of Zeltros." She smirked, though it quickly fell off. "It's... unfortunate, what happened here. No species should suffer such a drastic act of genocide as what the Sith Triumvirate did here. It's disgusting."

Good thing no one like Nihilus existed nowadays...

@[member="Saran Drast"]

"In the end, one can only show honor. They died not in vain." The girl bowed her head, silent for a moment. This place was, in truth, the last remainder of what could happen if the Sith become to powerful. "So you, in a way, came to loot." Although, that wasn't a bad thought. Respectfully, the treasures here could be called a certain inheritance. "What do you expect to find?"

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I suppose so." She paused, thinking for a moment. "The Miraluka use the Force to see things via sight. I'm looking for any technology that can, with the Force's help, allow people to have the same ability you have. A sort of night- and infrared-vision, superior to those currently on the market. If any species had ever developed it, it was yours." She smiled, nodding in happiness.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

"So you want to find something that will make you one of us. Here. On Katarr." It seemed unlikely, as she had never heard of such things on Alpheridies. And if such a thing existed, then how would it be found on this planet? The presence of the force here was strange, almost twisted. Not even after thousands of years did it recover. "How do you intend to find these artifacts?"

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Only technology that can assist me in creating such a thing. I don't need that tech specifically. I merely need help making it, only what can go into it." She paused. "Despite the life forces of all planetary inhabitants having been devoured in a tormentuous swirl of dark energy, the Force signatures of the artifacts remain, barely visible as a tiny pebble in the corrupted current of the Force."

She smiled, pausing and thinking over how things were going to go. "Which is where this comes in handy."

@[member="Saran Drast"]

"Then why am I here?" The girl asked. She had come to rest, remember, and be at peace. Now, @[member="Circe Savan"] had cut into.that, and she was being held by a self-proclaimed "playgirl". This day just kept changing. And Saran wasn't sure if it was for better or for worse. "If what you need is this current and the technology, which the likes have never been seen on Alpheridies, why are you holding me?" " If she needed Saran, though, perhaps, the Miraluka could make a deal with her. The current, it was just so.... beautiful. The flow of the force was like nothing she had ever seen. But she knew this wasn't all there is to it. The Force was seen different by so many, from the Jedi order to her own people.

"Well... I know that what you feel right now is amazing. For someone who's only form of visibility is that of using the Force, being so completely immersed in it is like being shoved right into a rainbow - surrounded by beauty and purity, the likes of which you probably have not seen before. I would be willing to teach you more about how to access and manipulate this power, were you to assist me with my work." A simple enough trade, though perhaps it would lead Saran down Visas' path.

But without having her eye sockets ripped out, or being tortured.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran mearly nodded, still marveling at the White Current. It was so amazing, so beautiful. How could she turn it down? She wanted to learn more about the force, and see what all there was to see, to know, about what surrounded her. "What do you need me to do?" Her lips formed into a smile, as she stared into the Current. She could learn this, to see this! It was amazing. She wondered if anyone in the order knew this. Maybe. But this was spectacular. @[member="Circe Savan"] certainly had her attention.

"I need you to come with me. Be a companion of mine. Learn to use the White Current as only one who sees the Force can. And in exchange, you will be shown things beyond your wildest dreams." Circe could only give an ethereal smile as she continued to stand behind the Miralukan. She was no Nihilus, but she still had an air of authority around her. Perhaps Saran would be willing to join her.

If not, that was still fine.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom