Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home again, home again. [Jared]

Coruscant
Upper Levels
"The Sterling Platter" - Restaurant / Bar / Private Club
@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

For all the things a woman must do in her life, one of the few things she might put off for the sake of others, for the sake of things bigger than herself, is find her way home. Nearly a year had passed and the "Living Goddess" Inari had grown so home sick it was starting to affect her life.

The moment Soliael and Vascious returned from their latest expedition, Amorella made her intentions known: she needed a break and she was taking it.

Her sojourn back to Kuat lasted several days. Naturally, the return of their Crown Heiress from her schooling was cause for celebration. With the mask and robes of Inari the Reviver half a galaxy away, Amorella was free to greet her people, to speak and act as her heart truly commanded.

When the parties calmed and her visit with family slowed back to what had once been a normal pace, Amorella made for Coruscant and her old stomping grounds: The Sterling Platter. She arrived as she always had - with an entourage of red-armored Kuatian Royal Guard and her own personal noghri body guard, Kefka. Dressed in a dark blue evening gown, the Princess was received to the bar area with great enthusiasm. She greeted old friends and familiar faces with kisses and fond embraces, feeling her emotional resolve waver just as it had during her time on Kuat.

For a moment, just a moment, while speaking shortly with another young nautolan woman, Amorella considered not returning to Wild Space. Never donning that silver mask and set of robes again, and the thought caused her to lose her smile.

Would it really be so terrible?

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Coruscant
Upper Levels
"The Sterling Platter" - Restaurant / Bar / Private Club​

When he was a little kid hustling and dealing in the Understreets there had only been one thing that had kept him going. The idea that there would come a day where he was free from it all. A day where he would live rich and prosperous in the Upper Levels of Coruscant, frequenting all the exclusive clubs and bars. Interesting enough that day had come, but now that it had arrived he was not as happy with it as he had always imagined he would be. Jared caught himself missing the run-down, sleazy bars where he had spent his youth. At least there you know what you could expect from people, there were no fake smiles or pleasant meaningless exchanges.

The Lord of the Fringe entered 'The Sterling Platter' with no entourage of his own, the moment he needed someone to protect him and hold his hand? Would be the moment he truly deserved to be assassinated. With the stride of a predator he walked over to the bar and ordered himself a drink. “An Appletini, easy on the tini.” Some people would care about the appearance they made by ordering a less than manly drink, but they were not Jared. Icy blue-eyes that pierced the soul, a jawline that was almost chiseled out of marble and an air of danger radiating from him, made it so that few people ever dared to make fun of his drinks.

Today he did not wear his standard Master Robes, instead he wore a modern business suit fashionable because of its simplicity and plainness. The suit told you everything you needed to know about the Lord of the Fringe, the fact that he loved retro vintage without the distasteful flair of the nouveau riche. That he did not like to exaggerate or flaunt with his money or power, while never forgetting his own station in life.

While sipping from his girly drink he did not fail to notice the appearance of a Force User in the establishment. Though she might not have been flaunting with her abilities, the fact of the matter was that when you are not actively masking your talent.. you are like a burning torch amidst darkness. Regardless of her nature, Jared did not rise to greet her. Today was a day of drinking and having fun, for some reason he doubted that she would be able to provide him that.

@[member="Amorella Mae"]​

Despite what she might've envisioned for this little sojourn, for one of her stature your friends were only as good as you paid them. This didn't necessarily equate to monetary value, though Amore's closer companions did enjoy a fair amount of spoiling under her name. Exposure within the media was another. Today, however, the media had been tightly locked out, and so without a chance of attaining a few minutes of fame at her side, it seemed the interest in maintaining a conversation had waned. Amore took this all in stride. None of these people were truly friends - simply acquaintances of similar tastes and diplomatic facades.

So when the nautolan woman excused herself, the Kuati heiress nodded her goodbye and turned towards the bar. This was what she'd come here for, after all. This was the premier place on Coruscant to get the best imported-

"Whiskey," the woman said to the bartender with a smile.
"Ice?"
"And water it down? Shame on you," Amore's wry smirk split wider at the man's chuckle, the faintest hint of gleaming fangs shown before she pursed her lips in thought. There was a man a few seats down who looked ... bored. Perhaps even a little lonely?

Neither of these things would do.

Thin brow lofting, the woman pressed down to the stool by him and without so much as a second thought slid herself onto it, "nice choice," the words followed her very obvious glance to his drink, "the female bartender, Sera, makes a martini called the 'Effin Mother-in-Law that is, frankly, amazing. I highly recommend you try it if she shows up for the evening shift."

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
In reality Jared was not lonely nor really bored, the fact of the matter was that he had always felt comfortable being alone with himself. That did not mean that he did not enjoy the presence of other people, he felt alive when being in a good conversation or while drinking with real friends in a bar. It simply meant that the Lord of the Fringe was a man with two sides, extraversion and introversion.

There was some surprise noticeable on his face as he turned his face towards his.. visitor. Seemingly the woman had had enough from her 'friends' and decided to take a drink, though why she would want to bother him; he had no clue. Jared took a sip from his drink and studied her for a while. “Effin Mother-in-Law?” his eyebrow arched slightly at that. “I think I will stick to 'Between The Sheets', the former seems too.. serious for my taste.”

He extended his hand then. “Jared Ovmar, well met.”

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

The woman smirked and sipped at her whiskey after it was graciously served to her, "Fair enough."

Not that she had any experience in dealing with mother-in-laws. One had to be married first. Her own mother, however, was also quite the serious matter.

Amore placed her much more delicate hand in his, a brilliant deep-red gemstone ring glimmering in the process. His physical connection to it would tell him enough - it was a very powerful Force Amulet.

"Amorella Mae Darke," she replied, neglecting to mention her royal title. What good would it do her here?

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Her hand almost vanished in his, as he carried it to his lips and carefully placed a kiss on the back of the hand. Manners were important and it seemed this woman was someone important. Though Jared had never heard of her, then again it is to be expected in such a big world. After planting a kiss, he released her hand with tact and gave her one of his charming smiles.

“A pleasure, my Lady. Tell me, these people seem all to be quite enchanted by your presence. What is it you do, outside of giving strangers advice on alcoholic beverages?”

His drink was in his hand again, almost without him noticing it. What he -had- noticed was the very very very powerful Force Amulet the woman was flaunting with. Not that Jared was hiding his own Force Sensitivity, he had never understood the need of that.

But maybe he had just been lucky with his affiliation to the Fringe Confederation, the Fringe never seemed to be that occupied about its Force Population. In any rate, it seemed prudent to ignore her Force Presence for now. Giving away your cards, before the game even started was never a smart move.

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

"You mustn't underestimate the power of good alcoholic advice," the woman replied with a droll smile. She chuckled, casting her gaze around momentarily as she pondered the proper words to describe just what exactly it was she did.

"Well, I help people. I'm a student of the medicines, and also for aeronautic design and engineering," all true, for Amorella was extremely hard pressed to tell a lie. But, as a man once told her, there was a difference between being honest and telling the truth. They did not always go hand-in-hand.

"You might say that I'm a bit of a business entrepreneur. What is it that you do?"

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
It seemed the girl was proficient in talking, but not saying anything. Though there seemed to be more depth to her, then the countless others roaming around in this place; hoping to catch a shimmer of attention from people they counted as their superiors. It was an existence without hope, smiles without meaning and conversations without a point.

Jared had to chastise himself. The woman was not at fault here, she was not the reason for his depressed mood and there would be no point in taking it out at her. At least she was trying to make a pleasant conversation, least he could do was return the pleasure.

“You.. could say I am philanthropist. I busy myself with figuring out what people need and then.. give it to them. But enough about me, an entrepreneur you say? What kind of ventures have you started? it looks like you have done.. well for yourself.”
@[member="Amorella Mae"]​

"I'm currently working on the construction of some very special drive yards and space stations, actually," Amore intoned, imploring him with a look of deep interest and a svelte smile. She sipped her drink as though sprinkling their conversation with the flavor like one might dash a bit of zest on a meal. The woman glanced down at her glass, expression turning droll for a moment, "I suppose I have done well. I am alive and healthy, so much I can account for my own time. But I cannot take credit for all that was afforded by my mother. Bless her, so generous for bringing me into such opportunity."

The woman's brow rose and then quickly furrowed as she took another, longer, drink this time, "So how does one go about figuring out what people need?"

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Special Drive Yards.. Space Stations.. he was not sure why that rang a bell to him, but for some reason it did. After this was all done he would have to recheck to be certain.. but maybe.. just maybe there was profit to be had here. At any rate that would be business for an other time, when she started talking about her mother Jared's face darkened a tad.

Mothers... touchy subject for our renegade hero.

Then his face cleared itself, as if it was the sun shining after a heavy storm. Now this was a difficult question to answer, because how does one explain what he did outside of drinking appletinis in bars and hitting on girls that were not interested anyway?

“Very simple, my dear. You sit alone in a bar, brooding and menacing. You wait until a beautiful woman approaches you and then order an appletini, mayhaps not exactly in that order. You exchange a couple of quips and then ask her what it is she does, hoping she will be honest and truthfully with you.”

As he finished that last paragraph, Jared took a sip from his appletini and smiled radiantly. It seemed the man really liked his apples.

“You listen to what she says, in contrary to just watching her lips move. So you can actually continue the conversation in an intelligent manner, instead of stammering like a mentally-impaired ape. Eventually, you ask her another question and.. maybe just maybe would get a positive answer. Then again, mayhaps I would keep that question for another day, so we will have something to look forward to.”

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

Amorella's brows rose as she listened and a bemused expression settled into her smile.

"I see," she blinked, considered this, then looked around, "fascinating."

When she looked back to him there was a hint of intrigue there, "How utterly simple. Do you only do this with beautiful women? What if she were ugly, or perhaps stupid? What if it were a man?" Her grin was toothy, exposing double sets of fangs for the briefest of moments. Clearly she was enjoying this.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
...he took a large gulp and just like that his glass was empty, for a while he considered if he would refill it, maybe later. There was still so much to do this night, and getting loaded at the first sign of dusk was not the way to start. The Lord considered her question and answered a bemused expression with his own.

It was a well-put question, Jared had to concede, for wherever he went... it seemed he was surrounded by beautiful women. Almost as if this was virtual reality were people wished to play out something they were not. Pretend they were beautiful and powerful and wealthy, whereas in the real world they were plain and insignificant and poor.

A frightening idea for sure, but one that surely held no root in the reality of this galaxy.

For a while he continued to contemplate the question... and then decided to be honest. If you wished to hear genuine words, sometimes you had to start yourself.

“Every woman is beautiful in her own way, only the simple or the simple-minded look at the surface, without bothering to discover more. Stupid women.. now that is a phenomena I have never had the privilege of experiencing. Most of them seem to run at least three cons at the same time.”

His hand gestured towards the bar.

“An Effin..Mother-in-Law, dear Sera. I hear they are amazing.”

Jared gave her one of his smiles and then winked at the.. interesting woman he was talking to.

“Men are different creatures all together, miss. Amorella. We are... simple-minded and have only simple needs. A drink or two, some companionship, maybe a friend and sometimes a word of advice. Uncomplicated, plain and straightforward.”

The fangs were an interesting addition to the usual dental-work of a Lady, though he deemed it unworthy to question it. Vampire or not, the woman was amusing at the least and maybe charming at the best.

“Tell me more about those space stations and the.. very very special drive yards. You have my undivided attention.”

He brought the glass to his lips and savored the taste of the drink. Excellently made, he would have to remember giving the barwoman a tip or two.

“Excellent suggestion, if I may add. You have a talent for picking out drinks.. maybe consider opening a consultation agency? I would surely hire you on.”

@[member="Amorella Mae"]

Amorella listened and as she did so her lips spread into an appreciative smile. Naturally her quip had been in jest, but it wasn't unusual for people to take such things seriously. She didn't mind a serious conversation, after all, she was well practiced in them.

"Well said, Mr. Ovmar," the woman raised her glass to him and took a drink, "but I would contest your sum of the male counterpart with a great deal of passion. Naturally I cannot speak for yourself, but I would argue men are far more complicated than they let on. They want much more than the bare necessities of life, especially those of any intelligence. I know of no man who is content with the status quo, but perhaps I speak ahead of myself, for I certainly have not met every man of this galaxy," she regarded him with a quiet air of pride. Amorella Mae Darke was not a woman who came from simple stock and she knew first hand just how complicated the male psyche could be.

"It is good, isn't it?" the corners of her lips pulled into a bracket of sly knowing, "I count it for luck on my part. The last person I recommended it to spat it out on the first try. Hm."

Tipping her head coquettishly, Amore folded one leg over the other and gathered her hands in her lap, leaning towards the man at his inquiry of her career path, "Would that I could, but I am leashed by laws of confidentiality. Privatized projects, very hush-hush," she smoothed her dress over her knees, "it's all rather boring anyways, even if you would want to hear about it, I'll fall asleep talking about it. Certainly even for mentioning it to you I've put your life in danger. Those big wigs are so protective of their brainchildren." She grinned, another apart jest.

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Amorella Mae"]

Perhaps I had just been joking, or maybe I liked to drop in edgy comments and see how a woman would react to it. For instance, a lot of members of the female gender were thrilled with the notion that men were a simple folk.

Only busied themselves with a drink, a plate, and a women on their lap, maybe it made them feel better about themselves.

Or perhaps they truly believed in such things.

Either way, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Lady in front of me, was not a staunch defender of that school of thought. It was refreshing, to say the least.

At any rate, I nodded in acknowledgement.

“You might be right, hmm. My standpoint might have been a tad too drastic. Point to you, my Lady.”

Ah.. but there she spoke my language, I didn’t blame her at all. I knew the bane of those laws, and the contracts that bind CEOs to them. Still, couldn’t blame me for trying anyway.

“I have always felt Danger to be a necessary component of any interesting conversation, or an adventure for that matter. Life would be so boring without it. What value has life, if no risks are there to plague it?”

By then I finished my drink, and flashed her one of my lazy grins, as I ended my point.

"Of course," came her reply, soft and simple, "what would water be without a glass of wine?"

Her drink finished too, Amore held the man's gaze, still curiously marveling at how very familiar that facade was. Denying a moment of strained sadness at the prolonged absence of family in her life, the woman delicately looked away, cleared her throat, and gently tapped a hand at the counter for the bartender. She ordered two glasses of a very fine red and took up the crystal like one might hold an egg.

With great care and expectation.

"Do you have family, Mr. Ovmar?"

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Amorella Mae"]

I blinked.

Family, it was a word unknown to me. My father had left us when I was a little babe, some kind of gambling addict or whatever. Never knew him, mom died when I was about six or seven. Can’t really remember how old I was, but I remember the look on her face as she died of an overdose.

When my mom left me, I was alone. Still am, I guess. It’s easy to ignore, but when it’s thrown into your face as a question.. well ain’t that easy to come to terms with.
Gratefully I took hold of the glass, and took a long gulp. Savoring the taste of the.. well whatever the hell it was made of. Finally I spoke.

“Father left us right after I was born, mom died when I was six. All alone since then.”

Ain’t no way I was gonna lie about that. Too painful, too real. You don’t lie about things like that, it cheapens you. I swirled the glass around, looking into the miasma, and then took a more careful sip.

“What about you?”

Most people would have replied with condolences or expected notes of remorse and empathy.

A frown did crease Amorella's expression, but the woman could not openly offer either of those. She'd never lost anyone close to her like that, she couldn't possibly relate. It was a tragic, awful sort of story, but he didn't need her telling him what he already knew.

"My mother is the head of a very old, large, and powerful company and my father heads the R&D department. My brother is an archeologist, archivist, and scholar. One of my cousins is ... well, I'm really not sure, but whatever it is - she does it quite well; the other is a scientist. My Uncle is a retired war veteran who enjoys regaling me with his stories and I enjoy listening," a warm smile was offered as perhaps a means of comforting the man beside her who had never the chance to experience these things. Fleetingly, she wished she could share them with him, but such galactic powers were beyond her.

"You've no wife or children?" she queried gently. The answer to this seemed somewhat obvious - would he be here, talking to her, if he did? Perhaps he would, though the absence of a ring or other symbol of such connections made her believe he had none.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Amorella Mae"]

A soft smiled appeared on my lips as I listened to her talking about her family. I wasn’t a guy who would be malicious, when one did have a warm feelings and good experiences. Wasn’t in me, a part of my sadness went away right there and then, and got replaced by joy.

Simple joy that not all people experienced what I had to experience. Hey, what can I say, I ain’t completely an ass.

Then she started talking about wives and children, I laughed softly at that.

“My life is a bit too.. hectic for a wife or children.”

I think my eye got a wicked glint, when I spoke the following words.

“What about you?”

"No," she smirked, "no wife or children for me either," Amore ended with a chuckle. She looked down at her wine, smiling in the way one does when they think of fond memories. Mostly she thought of Gidgeon and his curious breathing apparatus that had always heralded his presence and accompanied them on dates. Theirs had been pleasant evenings on Kuat and they had ended so quickly.

Amore wished she couldn't remember how long it'd been since last they'd spoken but the truth of the matter was she knew exactly how long it had been, and that stung more than it should. She supposed it always would.

"Plenty of suitors, but nothing more than that." By now she'd barely made herself comfortable within Moross. She no longer suffered the company of Kuatian noble sons seeking her approval. Now she filled her days seeing to her people as a God.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Of course at that point in time I had no clue the woman I was talking to was a.. God? Seemed pretty arrogant to me, but hey what do I know. Would be actually pretty cool, being considered a God. Might be I would do something with that later on.. I filed it away in the: “Maybe Plan”-cabinet.

With another gulp, the wine was gone and once again I found myself at an impasse. I ain’t a Kuatian noble, but I know my way around women. So, here goes all or nothing.

“It seems I have reached that state of drunkenness, where I can take a chance to make a fool out of myself. How about we let these admirers stay here, and I will show you my spaceship?”

Yeah.

Best pickup line in the history of pickup lines.

Sue me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom