Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homage Auctions

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
So as many of you guys know I'm really big on auctions. I love going on quests to recover old unused items or canon artifacts and then selling them at auctions to you guys for whatever reason you might want them.

But these auctions take time to put together, between my personal life, submissions, and the actual threads themselves to acquire the items. It takes a fair amount of time usually. So I don't want to stop doing these because they're fun for me, I just want to be able to host a few more smaller auctions here and there to make sure people can get their marketplace on. The marketplace here on chaos is one of the funnest features here and I just want everyone to share the enjoyment I get out of it.

So I had an idea that's easier for me to give you guys quality items while also giving me time to put together my main headlining auction items. That idea is "Homage Auctions" or themed auctions you could say.

We're all fans of something outside of Star Wars, let's be honest. So what I want to do is create quality factory items that are references or pay homage to other properties in both name and image. Just subtle references to things we all enjoy.

For instance we could have a Lord of the Rings themed auction with items like a force imbued Ring of Sauron that uses force cloak. There's really no limit to what I can use. Cowboy Bebop, World of Warcraft, H.P Lovecraft, Breaking Bad, Samurai Champloo. I'd love to do something like this as smaller auctions for fans of the properties or just people looking to play around with the marketplace.

What do you guys think?

I love it. [member="Miss Blonde"]

85VeE.gif

[member="Miss Blonde"]

Believe me I'd probably get hyped to attend some. 'Specially if something akin to anything from Soulsborne came up.

I'd go hard if a moonlight greatsword-like weapon could be imagined, not gonna lie. Pretty translucent blade, sword beams/big boom explosions, mmm...

My nerd is showing, I'll just excuse myself. But seriously would be game for this kinda thing.

[member="Miss Blonde"], The only problem I foresee with all of this, is the judges denying your subbed items as they are "ripoffs" or recreations of non-starwars items into the Star Wars universe just for the heck of it.

I would say to tread carefully with what you create, and how close it is to the real think from whatever it is, but I know you to throw caution to the wind. So go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom