Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holoshroud for Starships (WIP)

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a holoshroud for starships.
  • Image Source: n/a
  • Canon Link: n/a
  • Permissions: n/a
  • Primary Source: Holoshroud
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer:
  • Affiliation: Company:(Force-Tech)
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model:
  • Modularity: Any datacard with ship imaging of the same basic size and shape can be added. The system is compatible with any starship computer system.
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel Holographic Projectors, Agrinium, Circuitry, Software Data
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Holoshroud: Holographic projectors project a stored image of a starship over the starship onto which it is installed.
  • Agrinium: Agrinium lining helps protect the projectors from EMPs and Ion damage.
STRENGTHS
  • This system can make one starship look like another.
  • It's really useful if you frequently want to change the color of your ship but don't want to spend precious time and Credits on a paint job.
WEAKNESSES
  • This is not a cloaking device and thus will not mask your ship presence and will not make the ship invisible.
  • The system must have image data loaded in order to project an image.
  • The starship image to be projected must be roughly the same size and shape as the actual starship on which it is mounted.
  • Like any electronics, EMPs and Ion damage can potentially disable the system.
  • If the computer system to which the holoshroud is linked shuts down or restarts for any reason, the holoshroud will shutdown as well.
DESCRIPTION
(Pending Description)

Hello! Your thread is marked with the "Feedback" prefix, and if I'm understanding that correctly that means other members can comment. If I am mistaken I will kindly butt out! Hahaha..

You may be interested in the holographic shell, which is similar to what you're proposing. At the least you can use the tech in your submission - hope that helps.

- Roth

Hello! Your thread is marked with the "Feedback" prefix, and if I'm understanding that correctly that means other members can comment. If I am mistaken I will kindly butt out! Hahaha..

You may be interested in the holographic shell, which is similar to what you're proposing. At the least you can use the tech in your submission - hope that helps.

- Roth
Yeah that's pretty dang close. Though I want a more refined version. Well, one that works better anyway. Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom