Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Holler for a Holo

Snacks loaded up and a datastick in hand preloaded with a few of Brandyn's favourite new holofilms, the young Padawan had a rare few hours to spare. What with the Gala coming up, Cybelle being on Hapes, the New Way investigation and his Jedi training there was not a lot of spare time anymore. With Cybelle off reconnecting with her heritage, Brandyn thought there was only one thing for it: spend time with his favourite sister.

Outside Blaire's door, Brandyn didn't hesitate to press the button for access. The identity confirmation process was quick, and the door slid open for him. As soon as the door cracked open the music inside was audible. And. It was loud. Brandyn didn't know Blaire liked Glimmik.

"B-b-b-laire," he called out as if his voice were an electric guitar, "I got snacks, a holo...and 3 hours to kill!"

There was no answer. And no B-b-b- laire. He glanced about the living space, before deciding to check in another room.

"Hey Blaire!"

A dozen minutes or so had passed since Brandyn had walked in on Blaire and some random guy. There was some joke about her working undercover that Brandyn couldn't quite nail. Oh, nail...maybe there's a joke there too.

The door slid open with a hiss, and a tall, typically attractive Hapan man in the deep green of royal security stepped out into the hall. He saw Brandyn and met the green of his clothes with an equally deep red face.

"I certainly hope you are off duty, officer," Brandyn said in a fake reprimand.

"Yes. Yes sir I am."

"Good. Good. Now off you go," he said, his tone a clear impersonation of his father's.

The man simply nodded, unsure as to if he should be concerned or not.

Brandyn turned to his sister who had arrived at the open door. Brandyn offered a simple fist bump in acknowledgment of the situation.

"Snacks and a flick?" He said with a slight smile before entering her apartment.

Blaire_Header.png

arrow.png

Blaire_Frame.png

A shower would be nice. She thought just a touch irritated at the interruption.

Blaire however was not able to stay annoyed for more than half a millisecond when it concerned Brandyn, she never had been.

“Did you say you brought snacks?” She asked plopping cross legged on the couch next to him.

“Did you bring any Ryshcate?” She asked, eagerly leaning toward him to give his snack choices a once over. “I had some bomb ryshcate when I was out one night with Jaa. He brought me to this authentic Corellian pub. You wouldn’t believe some of the scoundrels that have come through. Ruffians the lot of them, lots of soldier types, though I couldn’t tell you who they’re soldiering for because it definitely isn’t Hapes.” She told him, a little curious at what he would think to learn that she spent her nights in seedy bars with her bodyguard.

“Oh, don’t worry, Bran. Jaa, keeps me plenty safe.” She laughed when she saw her brother’s face. She knew Bran and Jaa didn’t get along. When they were little, Bran was ten and Jaa was fourteen and much bigger than Brandyn there was a scuffle, Bran got his nose broken but had also used The Force and threw something at Jaa who came out of the scrape with a black eye and a cut over his eyebrow. Jaa had told her that his dad punished him pretty bad for the incident and ever since then their relationship had been, well nearly nonexistent.

“What holos did you bring?” She asked reaching for the datastick.

Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren
datapad_elements.png

[/code[/spoiler]

BranPrfo5.png

DivSilver.png

BranProf4.png

Tag: Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren

With a waggle of the eyebrows, Brandyn opened a small box with a half dozen Rythscate pastries inside.
"You know I got ya, Blairey," he said, also knowing how much she despised the nickname. There went the browny points.

"You spend an awful amount of time with Jaa these days," he said of the man that was, of course, security for the non-Force wielding triplet, "I sure hope he is as good at his job as you say he is...if anything happened to you..."

He almost made a joke about going full-Dark-Side, but that seemed just a little off colour. He tried to limit discussion about Jaa though. He was sure they would get along well enough now. They were both older, more mature now, but Brandyn had enough on his plate without having to unnecessarily resurrect friendships. That was a good Jedi attitude, right?

He held up the handful of datachits.
"Talmaz Goes to Coruscant...comedy...a bit on the raunchy side, so I think you are probably already sorted in that department, um...The Lost Ruins of Arnak...adventure holo based off this fictionalized version of an archaelogist that was actually rather dull in real life...and of course I had to include the old favourite...Dox Martingskies and the Khyber of the Vale...been ages since I watched it."

DivSilver.png

Blaire_Header.png

arrow.png

Blaire_Frame.png

"You know I got ya, Blairey," he said. She stuffed a pastry in her mouth with exactly zero grace and slugged her brother on the arm for the audacity to call her by that name.

"You spend an awful amount of time with Jaa these days," Bran said, "I sure hope he is as good at his job as you say he is...if anything happened to you..."

“Well there is no one else around here any more.” She said, Brandyn and Briana had both been gone for ages doing their Jedi stuff, even Luric was gone now, again doing that dang Jedi junk and Blaire was here, at home, or now her new home but still, it was just her on this planet that had no interest in her or worse active disdain. Jaa and his little group of scoundrel friends were rough and uncouth but she had fun sharing brandy and listening to some of their stories.

“And honestly, I can’t think of anyone else that would do the job as good as Jaa,”

When he was interested in doing it. She let out.

“Other than you or Daddy and obviously I’m not gonna have you two follow me around even if I could. You show up for fun today and look at what you walked into. I doubt you’d wanna put up with that all the time.” She teased her brother.

“Sometimes, Jaa is too good at his job. One time,” She turned on the couch to face directly toward him. “We were at that bar I mentioned before and this guy was trying to pick me up. He was cute but I wasn’t that interested, anyway, the guy said something nasty when I turned him down and Jaa, who I didn’t even know was there, I had saw him go into a back room of the bar with the owner and a couple other guys.”

Jaa had a habit of secret meetings. Most of them hardly lasted more than a few minutes but she would roll her eyes every time they would go someplace and he would end up sneaking off.

“Anyway this guy insulted me or whatever and Jaa grabbed him by the hair and slammed his head into the table a couple of times. The guy’s beer was in the table and Bran, when I say I’ve never seen something so disgusting,”

She meant it and she had helped on a few amputations and wartime surgery in her volunteer work.

“His face was covered in glass and he was bleeding fething everywhere. Me and Jaa got into the biggest fight after that. It was only words and Jaa went and mangled the guy, it’s no surprise that he got booted from the military with a temper like that.”

She stuffed another pastry into her mouth.

“Let’s watch the last one then. Oh! And let’s…” She got up from the couch, disappeared into her bedroom for a moment and came back with a bottle of corellian brandy. “...enjoy ourselves.” She poured a glass half full and handed it to Brandyn not allowing him to say no.

“So, Bran…you bringing anyone special to the gala?”

datapad_elements.png

[/code[/spoiler]

BranPrfo5.png

DivSilver.png

BranProf4.png
Tag: Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren

“Well there is no one else around here any more.”

Brandyn frowned slightly. There was always this lingering, nagging feeling in the back of his mind that he had somewhat abandoned Blaire when he ran away. He had figured at the time that she still had Bri, still had Breha...mom and dad. But then Bri followed as well, leaving just Blaire as the lone triplet staying in the families orbit. He and Bri had gone off on their adventures. What had Blaire had?

He did not say anything. What could he say? Sorry? Was it too late for that? They still had a good relationship in spite of everything. Why jeopardize it?

“And honestly, I can’t think of anyone else that would do the job as good as Jaa. Other than you or Daddy and obviously I’m not gonna have you two follow me around even if I could. You show up for fun today and look at what you walked into. I doubt you’d wanna put up with that all the time.”

She paused for a moment, and Brandyn wondered if there was something she was leaving out. Once she started up again, he almost immediately dismissed the thought. "Hey...I'm just glad you are getting some, sis," Brandyn said with a shrug, "but yeah...all the time...that would get a little old."

"If I didn't have so many plates spinning, Blaire-Blaire,"
he said leaning on her shoulder, "I would totally be your bodyguard. Might filter out some of the riff-raff you let into your bedroom too."

He braced for a push, punch or worse...an attempted smothering.

“Sometimes, Jaa is too good at his job. One time. We were at that bar I mentioned before and this guy was trying to pick me up. He was cute but I wasn’t that interested, anyway, the guy said something nasty when I turned him down and Jaa, who I didn’t even know was there, I had saw him go into a back room of the bar with the owner and a couple other guys.”

Brandyn shrugged in sympathy. "Yeah...pretty good thing I wasn't your bodyguard in that moment."

“Anyway this guy insulted me or whatever and Jaa grabbed him by the hair and slammed his head into the table a couple of times. The guy’s beer was in the table and Bran, when I say I’ve never seen something so disgusting.”

Brandyn's eyes grew wider and his head tilted to the side to show his surprise at what had played out. "Whoa...that...is extreme, Blaire," he said, actually concerned about what this meant. Perhaps he did need to talk to Jaa, he wasn't super pumped about it, but if this is how he was behaving he was going to start damaging the family name.

"Blaire...that is...really bad," Brandyn said, leaning forward a little, "did he get arrested? That sort of thing..."

He knew how much she hated hearing about the sacred 'family reputation', so he left it unsaid.

“His face was covered in glass and he was bleeding fething everywhere. Me and Jaa got into the biggest fight after that. It was only words and Jaa went and mangled the guy, it’s no surprise that he got booted from the military with a temper like that.”

He did not like it at all. Breathing in deeply he went back to the selection of vid that Blaire had chosen. The conversation would have to be had again, and perhaps Brandyn could pull some strings without her knowing. Jaa needed to be reprimanded, pulled into line.

"Great choice...I am glad I made it sound like the vid I wanted to watch!" He said before lifting the datachit into the air with the Force and floating it over to the console, where it clicked into place. He offered a little waggle of his eyebrows to add impact to his showing off. For some reason, Blaire seemed to be more OK with him doing this sort of thing than Briana, but he still knew it bugged her a little.

"Ah...I am working the Gala. Security, for the Queen. But," he said, "you remember Cybelle Elyance?"

She would be familiar for various reasons, being one of the children that they were allowed to play with when they were younger and of course from the fateful event that spurned his commitment to his running away.

He didn't say anything more beyond this, but allowed the contented smile that accompanied Cybelle's name do the speaking for him.

DivSilver.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom