Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private HNN Presents: 60 Holo Minutes Episode 2

LIVE:

"Hello I am Holly Starstorm reporting for HNN. Tonight we continue a special series called 60 Holo Minutes. On this program we delve deep into some of the galaxies most pressing issues. Each sixty minute piece will feature new stories, new people, and new questions that our viewers are dying to have answered. In our second episode we will be interviewing a former Jedi Shadow and current member of The New Jedi Order Valery Noble Valery Noble . Master Noble will be explaining the war efforts and how NJO is handling strained relations with The Alliance after recent events. Keep those holo screens tuned in for the exciting second episode!"

NOT LIVE:

The cameraman gave Holly the signal and she stepped away from the camera and picked up her water bottle. She took a few sips, trying to work around the audio tech who had come over to fix her mic.

"Where is Master Noble? Is she being prepped?"

"Yes Miss Starstorm. She's in the backroom now getting her mic and wardrobe approved. She will join you shortly."

Last edited:

Objective: Be interviewed
Appearance: Link
Tag: Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

Within the backroom of the HNN studio, Valery stood in front of the mirror to make sure she was ready for the interview. It was her first time doing anything like this, but she hoped it would help bolster morale within the Alliance and offer citizens a better look into the life of the Jedi who helped protect their safety. For this reason, she came to the studio as a Jedi — she wasn't wearing any fancy clothing or portrayed herself any differently than she normally would.

She stood in the same outfit she took into battle, and the make-up she had on was applied by people here to compensate for the brighter lighting used in studios. There was nothing overly fancy about any of it.

"I think the mic is secured..." she tapped it a few times for an audio check and nodded when she got the thumbs up. Everything seemed to be ready so it was almost time to go live and talk about some of the bigger ongoing topics.

"Alright, so I join her when she calls for me, right?"

A deep breath was taken and with some simple mental techniques she learned as a young Padawan, she made sure she was calm, focused, and ready for any question Holly had prepared for her.

"I'm ready."

NOT LIVE:

The assistants showed Master Noble to the sound stage where two seats had been set out semi facing each other for an interview. There were two bottles of water on a small cheap table in case it was needed. Holly stood up and shook Master Nobles hand when she arrived.

"Master Noble it's so good to meet you. Thank you for doing our show. I'm sure legal has went over all the technicalities with you and reminded you that you have the right to end the interview at any time? It's important to know that we are nonpartisan so we are not here to make the Jedi look good or bad, I'm simply going to ask questions the galaxies citizens want to know. It's best if you answer with detailed answers so we can really understand your position. Do you have any questions for me before we start? "

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Stepping into the sound stage, Valery took a brief moment to look around before her eyes settled on Holly. She then took the woman's hand for a firm handshake and offered her typical smile in greeting, "A pleasure to meet you as well, and thank you for having me." Valery said before her gaze shifted to the chairs and equipment again.

She had agreed to this interview because it was going to be as honest as one could get, and she really hoped that it would give her the opportunity to clear things up or make people feel even just a little bit better about the ongoing war efforts, the Jedi and the relationship between them and the Alliance.

"Everything seems clear to me, and I'll do my best to answer with as much detail as I can," Valery assured the woman before she sat down and readied herself for the interview. She looked for the camera she was supposed to look into when they went live, and waited for the signal.

Everything seemed in order and before long the floor manager was giving Holly a countdown.

LIVE:

“Greetings! I am Holly Starstorm representing HNN in our new segment Sixty Holo Minutes, a show that digs deep into the various areas of the galaxy and brings citizens the information they need. Today I am joined by Master Jedi Valery Noble. Master Noble it is nice of you to join us today. I think the galaxy is all still a little wary of the ongoing strife between the Alliance and the Jedi. Could you shed some light on the atmosphere right now?”

Valery took a deep breath as the floor manager gave the signal, and watched the green-lit board with the word "live" on it activate. She immediately made sure to sit properly and allowed Holly to start things off with a brief introduction.

"Today I am joined by Master Jedi Valery Noble. Master Noble, it is nice of you to join us today."

"Thank you for having me," Valery said with a charismatic smile before the first question was asked. It's one she had expected to some extent, given all the trouble that came from the tension between the Jedi and the Alliance. But a lot has changed since the attack on Coruscant and its aftermath, so she hoped to put some minds at ease.

"I made my return to the Galactic scene around the time the tensions started, and it sparked a lot of debate on both sides. The war suffered from the lack of trust between the two groups, but I believe the Jedi stepping out of formal Alliance positions has helped a great deal. It's how I'm personally used to serving as a Jedi — it allows us to cooperate and protect within the boundaries of the law, but without getting too deeply involved in politics."

"Now, I'm quite sure there is still some strife but I've personally not felt it much anymore. The war with the Maw and the rising tension with the New Imperial Order demands our focus and cooperation, and I can say without a doubt that we've been on top of that. We've made a lot of progress against the Brotherhood of the Maw in particular."

"These words are of great comfort Master Jedi. Many citizens are wondering when this war with the Maw will end? Can you shed any light on what the citizens of the galaxy should expect in terms of what the war is going to look like in the future? Naturally even Coruscant isn't feeling safe these days, given that disastrous attack our planet suffered."

The first question was covered, and she felt pretty decent about the answer — now she just had to get into the flow and hopefully, everything would turn out quite alright. Then, the next question came.

"Can you shed any light on what the citizens of the galaxy should expect in terms of what the war is going to look like in the future?

"It's not an easy question to answer," Valery admitted, which she knew was not the answer people wanted to hear. They wanted to feel like the war was nearing an end, and that they would be safe in their homes. But the reality was that things were far more complicated.

"After Coruscant, the war has mostly gone well with our defense of Jedha and the successful battle at Adrathorpe, but the Maw is still expanding and growing in danger. Both the Alliance and Jedi have shown that Coruscant didn't bring us down, but there is much to do before this threat is fully behind us."

"So I ask the people out there to remain strong, hopeful, and to help each other. Support those who risk their lives in the war, and respect those who spend their time keeping the Alliance protected. As long as we keep morale up and don't grow apart, we'll get through this."

After answering a few difficult questions, Holly followed up with one that made Valery smile instantly. If there was one thing in the Galaxy that she felt truly proud about, it was her family, and Vera being born was a highlight of it all. The woman's expression did nothing to hide just how happy her daughter made her.

"While the pregnancy was really... difficult, Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble and I do feel blessed with our daughter Vera. Raising her and watching her grow have brought me only fond memories. And to have a family helps one understand the gravity of the war and how it impacts daily lives throughout the Galaxy as well — it's a reason to worry like those who aren't involved in the battles at the front, but it's also a great source of strength."

"Whenever things get difficult, and when you feel like you might be reaching a breaking point, nothing helps more than a supportive family. My husband and daughter are my everything," she said whilst beaming a bright smile towards Holly and those who were watching the broadcast.

Being a Jedi, and fighting in this war, it must mean sacrificing so much and the galaxy is truly grateful.

Those words briefly made Valery's smile fade into a more serious expression, and she nodded. Jedi were selfless protectors, and that naturally meant great sacrifice. Valery's life as a Jedi was no exception — she had lost many people close to her and walked the line between life and death more times than she could count.

But there was always a light at the end of the darker tunnels.

"Balancing it has been the most difficult thing. My husband is a Jedi as well, so we try to take turns with who is taking care of Vera and who is out in the Galaxy. But we have friends helping whenever we're both busy too, and I recently got a more fancy nursery droid for on-board our ship."

"But it's certainly demanding and very tiring at times. Rewarding though, and I can't complain about it really — I wouldn't trade my situation for anything,"
she chuckled and that charismatic smile was back again, bright as always.

LIVE:

“I am sure families can take strength from your example during these times. Most of the galaxy has a very outdated view of the Jedi. Many do not realize that Jedi are no longer monks who forgo attachments. As someone who has served so long ago, and someone who serves now, can you speak to how the Jedi Order has changed over times? Perhaps you could tell our viewers the tale of such a long career as a Jedi. I am sure most don’t realize your past.”

Valery nodded and for a brief few seconds, she thought about where to start, "Well, my path as a Jedi started in the days of the Old Republic, only a few decades after the treaty of Coruscant. Around the time of the Battle on Onderon, I ended up in a long stasis that brought me here, right around the time the Sith Empire collapsed. Between then and now... a lot has changed, but a lot has also remained the same," she began.

"The core of what it means to be a Jedi hasn't changed much — we're still protectors of the peace and follow the same code. Many have taken a different stance on attachments, but it's still something we should be careful with. In my opinion, the bigger difference is that there are far fewer Jedi now, and many are much younger and less experienced. The very traditional ways are largely behind the Jedi, but I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily."

"The Jedi have simply adapted to the time, as they should. I'm mostly glad that the Jedi no longer hold positions within the military and aren't too ingrained in Alliance politics. As a separate order again, the New Jedi Order can focus on what it's supposed to do; protecting the people of the Alliance."

LIVE:

“That is a well reasoned way to look at things. Do you think things are different in the regard that there are several Jedi Orders now? When we think of the Jedi of old we think of one unified order. Is that belief wrong? Today we see different groups. Why are they divided? The average citizen could probably use a clearer view of the various Jedi groups.”

Another interesting question, and one that Valery had asked herself when she first stepped into this new future as well. But with time, she figured out an answer for herself.

"In many ways, the Jedi are still united — we cooperate and there's no conflict between us. But there are two main groups; the New Jedi Order, which I'm part of, and the Silver Jedi Concord. The former is less traditional than the latter, but both still firmly stand behind the Jedi Code and our way of serving the Force."

"The major differences I've noticed revolve around their focus. The New Jedi Order is most involved in the war with the Maw, while the Silver Jedi have fought extensively with the Bryn'adul, and are still dealing with their remnants to some extent,"
she explained before briefly pausing.

"As long as all Jedi work together and help each other when it's most needed, the lack of a single order that contains all Jedi should never be a problem. Perhaps there are even some benefits to it, with not all Jedi concentrating their efforts on one evil, whilst neglecting another."

LIVE:

"Thank you Master Noble. I think that will help ease a lot of the citizens worries on the fractures in the Jedi Order. It is good to hear that both sides cooperate together. I would like to open our interview now and allow you to talk about any of those topics you think the galaxy most needs to hear about. This is your chance to address citizens and give them words of wisdom, or to tell a story you want the rest of us to know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom