Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech HMR-A1

Status
Not open for further replies.
M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
jakuta___perspektive_by_peterku-d5s0ti0.jpg
Image Source: Peterku - Deviantart
Intent: To create a standardised rifle for the Monster Hunters Inc. that can be used for hunters protections on hunts, or used for hunting in general. To provide a heavier alternative to the HMR-16.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Monster Hunters Incorporated
Model: HMR-A1
Affiliation: Limited to PC's, notable NPC's, and NPC hunters within or sponsored by the company.
Modularity: Limited (Scopes, Camo types)
Production: Limited
Material:
  • Rubber
  • Aluminium
  • Durasteel
  • Duraplast
Classification: Heavy Slughthrower Rifle
Size: Handheld,
Length: 80 cm
Weight: 4.5 kilograms
Ammunition Type: Slugthrower
Ammunition Capacity: 10 rounds per Mag
Effective Range: Personal, Battlefield,
Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic,
Special Features:
  • Very heavy, and powerful slugthrower round
  • Goes boom
  • Reflex sight -OR- Thermal scope
  • Bipod attachment
  • Flashlight and laser attachments.
  • Rubber grip, and butt stock can be added.
Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
  • A very powerful slugthrower type. Meant to pierce the thickest of animal hides, and even some heavier armors when necessary.
  • A very strong, and built frame, the A1 was built with tough environments, and tough game in mind. Built to pierce through bull rancor bone, and armor.
Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
  • Everything about this gun is heavy. The round is heavy when carried in various mags, the rifle is heavy itself. Sure, recoil is less than what it could be due to the sheer weight of the gun, however this weapon is not for the weak of upper body strength. Holding is fine, but carrying this on a hunt, for kilometer after kilometer can cause even the more stronger species of the galaxy to have some difficulties with the weapon.
  • Recoil is a pain in the shoulder, and in the rear. Without knowing how to hold this weapon, and not expecting the kickback of this weapon can cause damage to the user that can range from a bruised finger, all the way up to smacking yourself in the face with the scope and falling flat on your bum.
Description:
A slugthrower built for causing as much damage as possible. A heavy rifle that was built to house the large caliber of a round that can pierce bone, and armor. The use of this gun is to have at least one of these within every group of hunters. To be used for self defence against larger creatures that may want to eat the various hunters, or even used to hunt down much larger game to be mounted on your wall.

The rifle has various attachments to reduce the weight when carrying the weapon such as a hollow buttstock, rubber on the buttstock to reduce the recoil, and even using aluminum for the initial covers, and smaller portions of the frame.

This rifle was built for larger game in mind. However, this can be used on the field of battle to some degree. The lower magazine size, and heavy weight makes it a little harder to throw this weapon around.
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Zephyr Carrick said:
Weight: 2.7 kilograms

Zephyr Carrick said:
the rifle is heavy itself. Sure, recoil is less than what it could be due to the sheer weight of the gun, however this weapon is not for the weak of upper body strength.
I'd bump weight up to around 4 - 5 kilograms to reflect the description. At 2.7 kilograms, this is much lighter than today's light-weight assault rifles.

Otherwise, this looks solid.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
[member="Gir Quee"], I was thinking around the weight of the Barret. I went ahead and changed the weight. I also added in the weakness the amount of recoil that the rifle had. I was half baked when I submitted this and didn't think about how much recoil even the heavy rifles that fire this round had. So having it in a more compact size with the same weight would do some damage to the faint of heart.

Thank you for judging my submissions again man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom