Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship HMC Light Shipping Cruiser Supercarrier Refit

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nw7og6bN2x1tg6fxfo1_1280.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Hansol Mining Corporation
  • Model: Mark-1
  • Affiliation: Outer Rim Coalition, Open Market
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Light Cruiser
  • Length: 850 meters
  • Width: 300 meters
  • Height: 270 meters
  • Armament: Low
  • 2 sets of dual long range turbo laser cannons
  • 50 Point defense cannons
  • 50 turbolasers
  • Defenses: Moderate
  • Heavy durasteel armor plating
  • Military grade particle shield generator
  • Military grade ray shield generator
  • Hangar: Extreme 7 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: Low
  • Hyperdrive Class: Moderate: 1; backup: 15
SPECIAL FEATURES
Special ray shield that can be deployed if the main container is breached
Strengths:

• Heavy Armor: Relies on defense for protection, military grade shields have been upgraded from base model
  • Fighters up the Wazzo: The carrier can hold many squadrons of fighters for its size
Weaknesses:
  • Little Offence: Very little ways in defeating ships larger than light corvettes without help from its fighter compliment
Description
A variant of the HMC Light Shipping Cruiser, this is designed as a carrier for the CIS. It was designed to be used in groups of two or three, and is meant to stay back, not to engage in close fighting. If it was caught in a large firefight with ships of similar size it would be severely outmatched and easily taken down.

Travis Caalgen

T
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Travis Caalgen

T
Galven Hansol said:
Hangar: 7,916 12 size squadrons
Alright, here is a major issue here.

This ship physically cannot fit 94,992 starfighters, even droid. At the current number, it is 6300% (If my math is correct) the complement of a Lucrehulk-class Droid Control Ship which is three times the size of this vessel.

With the ratings that you currently have, the highest hangar rating you can achieve is 'Very High' which, according to the cruiser template here, is 6 squadrons.

Please balance this out.

[member="Travis Caalgen"]
I've always felt a little wishy washy about the templates, because according to the rules a star destroyer carrier with a very high squadron count is 16, yet the Venator had 35, 12 size squadrons, even though it was considered a fairly balanced, and small, star destroyer, plus its hanger was as long as this ship's, yet it was about a half as wide and a quarter in height, so I could see reducing to about the same as a Venator, but I would prefer not going down to 6, but if you want, I will agree.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Galven Hansol"]

The difference is is that with canon/legends vessels they are either grossly under armed or ridiculously overpowered. Even if you were to use a Venator-class Star Destroyer during fleeting maneuvers, you are expected to abide by the balanced ratings for that ship lest someone reports you.

Not to mention the fact that this is classified as a cruiser while your examples are star destroyers. Reduce the squadrons to 6 or this submission is denied.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Galven Hansol"]

No, the maximum at 'Extreme' is 7. If you want to have it 'Extreme' then please lower Defense to 'Moderate'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom