Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitching a Ride.

QwyYzDh.jpg

The decrepit and dimly lit streets of The Works showed signs of a once great industrial city, now lost to crime and left in a state of disarray. The search for a pilot had landed her here. In front of her stood an old Cantina, a dimly lit sign inviting her to enter. The doors opened with a screech and Sigourney allowed for her eyes to adjust in the ill-lit bar. It was busy, though, not as lively as it had been in her past visits. Some tables were occupied by obnoxiously loud and drunk gangs of smugglers, presumably planning their next illegal shipment of goods, or celebrating a successful one. She had never liked them much, though bounty hunters and smugglers were almost one in the same. Some tables sat the lonely single patron, enjoying a solitary drink. The cantina was filled with a plethora of criminals, gamblers and alcoholics. There had been no sign of what the Zeltron had come for. She took a seat at the bar and waited. The perfect pilot and ship combination were bound to present themselves.

[member="Pollux Alrai"]

[member="Sigourney Xanthius "]

"Some booze and girls. That's what I've been waiting for all day!" Jax, Pollux's friend and co-pilot, exclaimed as they entered the cantina. Pollux smirked slightly, following behind his friend into the Cantina. They had just finished a cargo delivery to Corellia, and they had decided to come into the cantina for a drink, to celebrate their successful cargo run. Especially with the ongoing tensions between the major factions in the Galaxy at the time, clients were paying quite well to get precious goods delivered from Coruscant to Corellia, which were each within opposing factions.

The pair of pilots each took a seat at the inadequately-lit bar, waiting to order some liquor. "How 'bout some Corellian Ale today? I'll pay for you..." Pollux suggested to his friend. Before long, Jax was quite drunk. Pollux, not being much of a heavy drinker, simply let his co-pilot snore away at the counter, redirecting his attention to other people in the room to socialize.

A Zeltron female caught his eyes, and Pollux stood up, walked over to where Sigourney was, and took a seat next to her. "Good evening, miss." the Kiffar man said as he sat down. "Why would a pretty girl like you be here for, out of all places?"

Two rowdy men walked through the automatic doors. Sigourney rolled her eyes as one them loudly exclaimed, "Some booze and girls. That's what I've been waiting for all day!" The Zeltron's black eyes scanned the new arrivals. One stood tall, almost six foot and dressed in typical smugglers gear with a holster at his hip. Sigourney focused her attention on the strangers. They may just be her ticket to cashing in on bounties. She listened to their general banter while sipping her drink in an effort to not draw attention to herself. It hadn't taken long at all until the loud one fell asleep with his head on the bar. "Cheap drunk" Sigourney thought to herself. She thought of how much she hated those who drank too much. Excellent physical condition was required for her line of work and that was something she wouldn't compromise for a big night. Not that she had an awful lot of invitations anyway. One of the pilots addressed her, drawing her attention, "Good evening, Miss." Sigourney nodded her head in response, "evening." "Why would a pretty girl like you be here for, out of all places?" Sigourney was too smart to tell him exactly why straight away. She wanted to know what brought him here first, "just looking for a friend, and you?"

[member="Pollux Alrai"]

@Sigourney Xanthius

"Just looking for a friend, and you?"

Pollux smirked slightly in response. Thankfully he wasn't very drunk tonight, otherwise he would have started calling the Zeltron girl some very degrading things, a bad drinking habit he had picked up a while back. "Oh me? Well I came here with a friend, to celebrate a little accomplishment of ours. Looks like my friend over there had one too many bottles of Corellian Ale, though." Pollux added with a grin, pointing over at his passed out companion. "You know, this is a rather strange place to come looking for friends. There's not much positive influence that's gonna rub off on you here." the Kiffar male remarked, referring to the several pirates and drunkards around the cantina. "Corellian Ale?" he asked, offering her an unopened bottle of the alcohol.

The stranger replied to her question, "Oh me? Well I came here with a friend, to celebrate a little accomplishment of ours. Looks like my friend over there had one too many bottles of Corellian Ale, though." Sigourney glanced towards his friend. He was well and truly out cold. It crossed her mind that he would wake up in an awful amount of pain in the morning. She smiled back at the man beside her. "You know, this is a rather strange place to come looking for friends. There's not much positive influence that's gonna rub off on you here." Sigourney couldn't tell whether he was interested in her intent or in her. She was an attractive Zeltron, although, almost of all the species were. They were known for their beauty. Sigourney replied, "I'm no stranger to places like this, trust me. " He held out an unopened bottle of alcohol, offering it to her. Sigourney wasn't a big drinker but she wasn't about to say no to somebody who she needed something from. It wasn't exactly like his company was unpleasant, either. Curious, Sigourney asked "what little accomplishment are you celebrating?"

[member="Pollux Alrai"]

@Sigourney Xanthius

"I'm no stranger to places like this, trust me." Pollux grinned. Something about the girl did tell him that much, at least. The party-hard Zeltrons were a common sight in more lively districts, after all. "What little accomplishment are you celebrating? The Kiffar pilot didn't reply for a few seconds as he first handed the girl the bottle. "Well, just another successful cargo run... I'm a pilot, you know." Pollux added, as if that couldn't be more obvious. With that, he took a gulp of his beverage before speaking again. "So you come here often?"

Sigourney poured herself a drink. The stranger continued, "Well, just another successful cargo run... I'm a pilot, you know." The Zeltron replied, "I noticed that as you sat down. You only do cargo runs?" Sigourney sipped her drink purposefully as he asked, "So you come here often?" Unsure of whether he had been hitting on her, she allowed herself a small chuckle and smile before answering almost literally, "Not here exactly.. I'm a bounty hunter, you see. It's sort of in my line of work to hang out in places like this."

[member="Pollux Alrai"]

@Sigourney Xanthius

"I noticed that as you sat down. You only do cargo runs?" Pollux shook his head. "Passenger travel, combat, whatever a mission might call for." he said simply. He glanced at the Zeltron girl when he heard a chuckle, followed by the comment that she was a bounty hunter. "Ah, a bounty hunter. I see." the Kiffar man remarked, feeling amused for some strange reason. He had never run into a female Zeltron that was a mercenary before. Typical Zeltrons were usually more of the partying type, not the fighting type. Still, there were always some atypical individuals in the Galaxy. He liked those types of people, he found them unique. "You've got quite an interesting profession... so what exactly do you gain by hanging out here?"

"You've got quite an interesting profession... so what exactly do you gain by hanging out here?"

Sigourney could tell that he was curious. Good. She might be able to persuade him to be her pilot. If he didn't want to, she always had certain charms that she could use to help convince him. She smiled, answering him, "I'm looking for a pilot. I'm currently lacking in the transport department." The Zeltron hoped for an offer of help from the stranger. Realising that he had barely spoken about himself she prodded, "I haven't even heard a name yet. I'm Sigourney. Sigourney Xanthius."

[member="Pollux Alrai"]

@Sigourney Xanthius

"I'm looking for a pilot. I'm currently lacking in the transport department. I haven't even heard a name yet. I'm Sigourney. Sigourney Xanthius." Pollux grinned as he realized why the Zeltron had been inside the cantina. "Well nice to meet you, Sigourney. I'm Pollux, Pollux Alrai." The Kiffar pilot extended his hand to offer a handshake. "You know, that's funny, cause I was looking for a new addition to my companions for my YT-1300, too. Is it that you need a pilot for a specific mission? Or perhpaps you're looking for a companion too?" he asked hopefully.

Pollux extended his hand, Sigourney took it in her own and shook on their introduction. The pilot responded, "You know, that's funny, cause I was looking for a new addition to my companions for my YT-1300, too. Is it that you need a pilot for a specific mission? Or perhaps you're looking for a companion too?" The last question raised a level of hope in his voice. A YT-1300; not a bad ship at all. A light freighter that would be perfect for smuggling her bounty in and out. She answered, "I may need you for more than one mission. I suppose the company also couldn't hurt." Sigourney wondered what the last comment would evoke in her new-found pilot. She offered him a smile, "Guess it's lucky we bumped into each other."

[member="Pollux Alrai"]

@Sigourney Xanthius

Pollux smirked as he listened to the Zeltron girl's reply. He was lucky indeed. There were a very few pilots or smugglers in the Galaxy that could boast having a pretty Zeltron female as part of their crew. "So let's get this straight..." the Kiffar man stated, leaning back on his seat, with arms crossed. "You will be part of our crew, right? So far it's just you, me, and my buddy Jax, with the entire YT-1300 to ourselves." Clearly the Zeltron did not have the money to buy herself a ship, so naturally she had come looking for one. As good looking the Zeltron may be, there would be little reason for her to be onboard their ship unless they were working closely in cooperation on missions as a group.

"So let's get this straight..." Pollux started to relax, though crossed his arms, not usually a sign of trust. He continued, "You will be part of our crew, right? So far it's just you, me, and my buddy Jax, with the entire YT-1300 to ourselves." Sigourney mulled this over in her head. An indefinite time alone in this ship with only her pilot friend and his drunken friend as company. For a moment, she thought of getting out of her seat, turning around and running out of the cantina. Pollux wasn't the issue, his friend was. A man who cannot hold his liquor was never a man Sigourney wished to associate herself with. Still, they were going to be her ride and she hadn't enough money to buy herself a ship. Nor did she have the experience required to pilot it. At least she had the comfort of her persuasive abilities when she would be onboard. That should help her sway the minimal crew in her direction. Hopefully this wouldn't be a one mission run. She planned on cashing in a lot of bounties and would need a get away ship to do so. Sigourney smiled and responded, "I'll be a part of your crew as long as you're willing to have me on board. If that's okay with you, of course." The Zeltron realised she should elaborate more, "If you were up for it, we would run bounties and of course you would both get your share, in return for cooperation."

[member="pollux alrai"]

@Sigourney Xanthius

"I'll be a part of your crew as long as you're willing to have me on board. If that's okay with you, of course. If you were up for it, we would run bounties and of course you would both get your share, in return for cooperation."

Pollux grinned. It was just what he had been hoping to hear. "Cheers to our new partnership!" he said, holding up his bottle of Corellian Ale. Whatever first impression that Sigourney had gotten of Pollux and Jax would not matter. In the field, Pollux and Jax would prove to be one of the most capable pilots and fighters that anyone would be glad to call an ally or a friend.

"Would you like for me to show you our YT-1300?"

The clinking of Sigourney's glass and Pollux's bottle chimed in a new partnership between the two. Pollux made a toast, "Cheers to our new partnership!" Sigourney hoped that this wouldn't rove to be a bad decision. She needed a pilot and crew as much as the new bounty hunter regardless of how small it was. Maybe she had been wrong about the pilot's friend. He might prove to be hospitable after all. Sigourney drained her glass and smiled at Pollux while he asked, "Would you like for me to show you our YT-1300?" Sigourney stood up, preparing herself to be led to the ship. She had seen a lot, although they never quite looked the same. A characteristic attributed to their being so easily modified. Sigourney replied, "I would love nothing more, let's go."

[member="pollux Alrai"]

@Sigourney Xanthius

As soon as the Zeltron girl agreed, Pollux quickly paid the bar tender his due credits before standing up as well. He led Sigourney out of the cantina, only pausing for a few seconds to sling his friend Jax over his shoulder. "We can't just ditch him, now can we?" he said with a smirk, grunting slightly as his snoring friend's weight was placed upon his shoulder.

millennium_falcon_ep4.jpg
Soon, they reached the docking bay where Pollux's YT-1300 was. Admittedly the ship needed a new exterior paint job, but as the saying went, it was never fair to judge a ship just by its outside appearence. "So what do you think?" Pollux asked, as he dropped off his friend at a nearby couch inside the ship. "It's a little messy, I'll admit that." he remarked, eyeing the scattered playing cards over the table, as well as variety of clothing articles tossed here and there.

"We can't just ditch him, now can we?" Pollux looked towards his friend and draped his arm over his shoulder. Sigourney hadn't liked the guy but she wasn't about to just leave him at the bar. She joined Pollux in carrying the snoring stranger. She draped his other shoulder over hers and began to walk out of the cantina. Sigourney was strong and had no issue in carrying the pilot's friend, but she still hoped that he'd be thankful for it in the morning.

The first sight to greet Sigourney as they walked into the hanger was the image of a YT-1300. It wasn't up to the best standard that it could be. It wasn't new and clearly needed some tender loving care and a good fix-up. The appearance of the ship wouldn't matter much, anyway. The only important thing was that it would do it's job and fly right. Sigourney needed a reliable ship to get her to and from collecting bounties. She couldn't get stuck in a place watching over a dangerous prisoner. She sighed, hoping the engine ran better than the outside looked. "So, what do you think?" Pollux asked. Sigourney smiled at him, hoping it to be convincing, "It's nice, but then again I don't know a lot about ships." The two steed inside while carrying the other. They placed him down on a gritty couch within the ship, letting him continue his sleep. Sigourney was excited to see what the morning would be lie for him, if it'd be as bad as predicted. Sigourney looked around, "It's a little messy, I'll admit that." Pollux commented. He hadn't been kidding, either. Her eyes caught on the state of the floor, there were clothes strewn around and bottles of alcohol scattered in various places, along with a table full of cards. This ship looked like it had seen it's fair share of parties. Apparently it was merely a result of two men living on it together. She hoped they wouldn't expect her to clean, she was a resilient bounty hunter after all. They would get their fair share of the reward and that should be enough, she wasn't going to offer them house cleaning, too. "I hope that this is the messiest part of the ship. Wanna show me around your humble abode?"

[member="pollux Alrai"]

[member="Sigourney Xanthius"]

"I hope that this is the messiest part of the ship. Wanna show me around your humble abode?" Pollux grinned, shaking his head. Sigourney would soon find out that their cabin area was one of the cleaner parts of their ship. "Well, you're going to flip out if you think this is messy... wait until you check out our 'humble abode'..." With that, the Kiffar man led the Zeltron woman to where him and his crew slept. It was literally four rather un-comfortable looking bunkers, another set of playing cards carelessly thrown in one of them, and a wallpaper featuring a barely clad Twi'lek dancer posted near one of them. The smell wasn't very pleasant, either. "I apologize that we can't accomodate a five star hotel in here. Look, you can sleep here if you want." Pollux said, motioning towards the relatively clean bunk bed, apologetically. "We do stay in hotels from time to time, though." he added.

"Well, you're going to flip out if you think this is messy... wait until you check out our 'humble abode'..." "Oh no" ran through Sigourney's mind at top speed. She should have known. Two male pilots who live by themselves on a ship were going to make a lot of mess. It would not be her who cleaned it, no way. She followed Pollux into the cabin area. Four bunkers inhabited the dim and dank quarters. Sigourney had never been one to focus on cleanliness or having her privacy. Sharing a room would not be an issue. The poster on the wall would be, however. She hadn't expected a poster of a Twi'lek to be hung in the room. Twi'leks and Zeltrons both had one thing in common; they were highly sexualised. Sigourney hoped this would not be the way that they would see her. If so, she was willing to prove them wrong.
Pollux spoke, "I apologize that we can't accomodate a five star hotel in here. Look, you can sleep here if you want." Sigourney stood across from him and replied, "I've never been one for luxury. I'll hitch a ride wherever I can. I've also never been one to require my privacy. Although, I do hope you guys will tidy up sometimes."
"We do stay in hotels from time to time, though." "That's perfectly fine. Hotels can be costly so I wouldn't mind staying on ship. As long as you guys don't mind sharing a room with me. I am a bit of a snorer."

[member="pollux Alrai"]

[member="Sigourney Xanthius"]

Pollux smirked as he stood leaning on his bunker, listening to the Zeltron female. He was debating whether or not he needed to explain to her that the poster was not his. "Don't worry, we do tidy up every now and then." He grinned when Sigourney mentioned snoring. "You think you are a bit of a snorer? Wait until- actually, you already heard Jax snore, haven't you?" the Kiffar man remarked.

"Alright.. so where do you want to go? Maybe go on a mission?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom