Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

History Is A Touchy Subject

Linori presses her head against the cool, solid foundation of the library door. She had closed for the night, and what a day it had been. The miraluka slips the keys into her scholarly robe and pulls her cloak about her shoulder. The moons of Naboo shone bright, lighting the steps as she started on her way home. Ever since Graxin had left the archives, her mind had been on the past visions she had received of the wayward jedi. What was truth, and what was simply dream, eluded her, and she couldn't help but fear for the worst.

Fear clung at her heart and soul like a heavy blanket, as though the Force had never presented itself so strongly before her. The more she worried, the heavier this burden felt.

"What if he has come to kill me?" She whispers in the dark of the night, slippers padding against the ground as she sped up her walk. Yes. What if that was true? A loose end of some kind? "No," Linori sighs raggedly, shaking her head. The scholar takes a shortcut through the residential district, weaving her way through sleeping homes.

The Graxin she remembered would have never harmed her. Yes, he was powerful, and a very challenging foe to those that proved a threat. But never could she recall a time when he had raised a hand towards her. And yet...

And yet.

Linori stops dead in the middle of the walkway, her eyeless gaze resting on the sky. It had been months. If her vision had come true, he was no longer the Graxin Rade she remembered. He was someone, something, darker, stranger, and more powerful than she could ever even dream.

It was very well plausible he was on Naboo to finish the job.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Linori had run from him, and Graxin wanted--no, he needed to know why. He had always treated her well, taught her what he could of the force, kept her fed and safe. Why was he such a monster to her now. The Knight had slipped out of the palace in the night. His mother would have an annurism if she knew one of her servants had stolen his attention in such a way, but he truly did not care. Before he returned to Ession, he needed some damned answers.

What he was doing was a social taboo. Following after someone in the dark did not exactly look like they had good intentions, but what choice did he have? Graxin would be gone by morning, and then they might not ever speak again. She would find out whenever he came to visit, and then avoid him like the plague. The only option the Knight had was to pursue.

And pursue he did.

Each time she turned around a corner, went down a walkway, stopped to think, he followed a few paces behind. He was shrouded in his robes now, the dark hood he wore hiding most of his features and keeping him anonymous among the night time denizens of Theed. He just had to know.

He stopped as she stopped. This was as good a time as ever. Subtely, he influenced the force to keep anyone from coming near. It was a simple trick, a mental one that he could withhold for quite some time. Then, he drew back his hood, revealing an older and far wiser face. His lips pressed into a thin line, and he stepped out under a street light hands held up in surrender.

"Why are you running from me Lin? I just want to talk, that's it. I swear on my duty as a Jedi."

[member="Linori Pryde"]

Linori spins on her heel, and quickly trips over her own feet and plants herself on the ground. She grimaces, though the pain quickly subsides and is replaced with a new feeling; that familiar presence from earlier. She breathes heavily, unseen gaze staring his way. It couldn't be, surely. But the outline of his person shone a bright blue in her vision, whereas long ago it had differed. Deep down, perhaps she knew what it meant, but she couldn't believe it without knowing. The miraluka pulls her cloak about her person and presses herself against the wall, still settled on the ground.

"You want to talk about what? There is nothing to talk about, Graxin. I know everything that you've done!"

Well, kind of. It was a bit of a white lie, considering she doubted the believability of her own visions.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
The Knight lofted a brow. He lowered his hands, and approached. For a moment, it looked entirely like he planned to just cleave her in two; do exactly as she seemed to think she intended. Instead, he offered a hand, the one without the glove on it. "Then why do you run from me? I know splitting from the main Jedi Order was a bit brash, but we all had good intentions. We still do." Graxin answered, completely getting it wrong in the process. He knew Linori had visions, but as to what they were exactly, he had no idea. Only she was privy to her gift as of late.

Hopefully, she would calm down. Then they could actually talk this out instead of looking like some kind of domestic abuse to anyone looking onward. Luckily, the street was empty. They were, after all, near the edge of Theed. He could see one of the four grand staircases that led down to the ground from the top of the plateau that Theed was built open from where they stood. The Knight offered what he hoped was a comforting smile.

"You've never been afraid of me before. What did I do?"

[member="Linori Pryde"]

Linori looked at the hand as though it were a sword. She had little choice. At this point, were she to run, he could catch up with her. And it was very plausible that if he had wanted to kill her at this point, he would have, considering the empty walkway. Her thoughts were going wild, as they normally did. Many times, it was all she had considering her eyesight was normally of little use. The miraluka's only true power rested in her knowledge, her database, and the small strands of connection she had with the Force.

Linori Pryde takes the hand and grips it tight, pulling herself to her feet. She looks up, silvery strands of hair resting in front of where eyes would normally be.

"I am afraid of..what you have done," Linori breathes. "O-or what you might have done, I do not know."

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin said nothing for a long moment. He understood now. She had seen more visions since they had last departed each other's company. Before, Graxin had always helped her through them when she would allow him, encouraged her to take them with a grain of salt. Without him around, they must have been let free to ravage her mind. To make her accept false realities and things that simply were not, nor could they, be real.

He didn't let go of her hand. Rather he squeezed it, and lowered his voice to a soft whisper. "Linori. You know I would never hurt you, nor have I before." He began, leaning forward as he spoke. He was putting up no act, not this time. His voice was taut with raw sincerity, and perhaps with a bit of hurt. He had missed her, and after Corvetta rejected him, even more so. Perhaps that was a cruel thought. Perhaps he had allowed Linori to become some source of comfort as a backup of sorts, rather than who she truly was. Perhaps he had allowed his mind to twist who she was into some kind of goddess that would accept him with open arms once he found her again.

He had been wrong.

"You've had your visions while I've been gone, haven't you? I can sense your fear, Lin. You're letting it consume you." He paused for a moment as a slight rain began to fall. It was really nothing more than a weak trickling, but it was enough to send whoever remained in the streets scurrying indoors. Except for Graxin. "Don't let it. Conquer it. These things that you've seen, there's no guarantee they've happened. Your visions are always possibilities, never facts. Look at me, past the fear, look at me rationally. Would I hurt you?"

[member="Linori Pryde"]

"You killed him," Linori argues, quickly looking away. The vision was starting to replay in her mind once again. Graxin, with the blood-red lightsaber plunged into Vulcanus' back. The never ending line of Jedi and assassins behind him that yearned to take his place, along with the firey pit and waste that remained along them. The miraluka froze and clenched her teeth, fear controlling her actions and holding her in place. "Vulcanus. How do I not know you are the new Emperor, Graxin Rade?"

Again, a bit of a lie. That had been one of the first visions she had received of him. There had been many more after, some clear, some incredibly obscure. But none of them could remove this vivid memory from her mind, the one that had seared its way through her brain and settled in her heart. She had never pledged a specific loyalty to anyone, seeing as Jedi tended to scare her regardless, but having been acquaintances with the Sith Lord's 'son' was probably not the wisest of choices.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
There was really only one him Linori could have possibly been referring to, and Graxin knew him all too well. She spoke of Darth Vulcanus, both his father and mentor. Former Lord of the Graug, and a literal monster in every sense of the word. Graxin had faced him down on Utapau, and brought his life to a swift and dramatic end. Linori knew, of course, from her visions. It seemed she saw far more than she had ever led on. Graxin refused to relinquish his hold on her hand, and leaned forward to leave only an inch or so between them. His words were quiet and intimate, intended for Linori's ears alone.

"Yes, I did. He took the Graug to Utapau and slaughtered thousands. I and two other Jedi rose up to challenge him. They almost died, and I barely took him down. So yes, you're correct, I killed my father to save lives. The galaxy is free of him now, he is no longer a threat."He whispered somewhat harshly. He stared intensely into her mask; whether she had eyes or not, he always looked at her as if they held constant eye contact. After all, they did in a way. "If I was the Emperor, I wouldn't be here. If I was the Emperor I wouldn't come home to see mom every other week. If I was the Emperor I wouldn't care so much about making you care."

A cold silence filled the empty street. The quiet patter of rain falling down on the sidewalk and on the top of their heads was all that broke it. Graxin held that intense stare, and finally sighed. "I've missed you Linori. Don't push me away again, alright?"

[member="Linori Pryde"]

Linori grimaces at his words. They cut deep, but they were true. Her reason had been clouded by fear, as he had said. She'd been too terrified to think otherwise. Her other visions began to make sense, and as he spoke, the truth and the lies started to fall into place. Linori stares back, the rain soaking into her eyewraps and falling down her fair cheeks.

"I do not remember ever pushing you away. I don't know if you remember, but you did kill my boss..."

Linori tries to manage a more..light-hearted..tone. At least tries. She pulls her cloak tight around her body and looks down at her feet, feeling his breath hit her delicate skin. It was late, but there was much to speak of, especially in terms of where the pair had been in the past few months. Well, at least for her side of the story, it was a bit easier."So you are here to see her?"

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin breathed a mental sigh of relief. Linori had seen sense, thankfully. He pulled back partway, not wanting to crowd the Miraluka. He relinquished his hold on her hand, though he did remain close to her--and was she joking? She had never joked, not once in the entire time Graxin had known her. It wasn't exactly funny, but the change in her speech from something fearful to the opposite was enough to make him snicker. "I did. She's my birth mother, and we've made up for lost time. Now though, I'm here to see you."

He reached up to run a hand through his hair, and frowned. The rain was beginning to pick up, and the two were starting to become rather soaked. "I only killed your boss because...yeah, I killed your boss. A long time ago. I'm a different man now." The Knight stuffed his hands into the pockets of his robe, and tilted his head out toward the street. Should he just take his leave now that things were at least somewhat resolved?

"And you were just pushing me away, and earlier too. With the whole threatening me with a mop thing. I can definitely tell your skills have grown. Wit h the mop I mean. The mop you use as a weapon." Graxin cracked a wide grin that he didn't even know he was showing. He looked down to her shoes, and slowly trailed his gaze up her form to rest on her mask. Did she always look like that?

It occured to Graxin that Linori was not just another one of the guys, nor was she a simple datatech. She was a woman, one with her own dreams and aspirations that had never revolved around his own, and he and Kelios had tried to push the force on her. A pang of guilt shot through him.

"We should get out of the rain. You'll catch a cold." He mumbled quietly, biting down on his lower lip.

[member="Linori Pryde"]

Linori huffs, blowing some stray hair out of her face. Was he mocking her mop? She folds her arms over her chest and looks around, unable to find any other nearby essences. They were, in fact, alone. In the rain. Great. Before she could comment, realization struck. Graxin Rade; ex-Sith Jedi and total somewhat jerk was the son of the Queen? That was one of the visions she had been certain was a lie.

Figures, doesn’t it?

The miraluka’s breath hitches in her throat, gaze locking onto Graxin’s. Her essence seemed to spike, and surprise coated her words. “Y-you’re the d-daughter—I mean s-son of the queen?! Oh my goodness,”she hissed, turning around and holding her head. No, no. Of course he couldn’t just be the step-son of the Sith Emporer, he also had to be the legitimate son of a Queen. Of course.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin was a very special snow flake. It seemed that his parentage only served to further upset Linori--a lot of things upset Linori. Graxin breathed a heavy sigh and clamped a hand on her shoulder. "Kidding about the mop thing. It was funny. No need to pout." He smiled big and wide, and let his arm fall away. Why did she have to turn around?

The Knight lofted a brow at her upstart. It wasn't really that big of a deal, to him anyway. He'd met a lot of royalty in the past, and Graxin was not technically royalty himself. That only spread to his mother's immediate family. To most of the galaxy, Cyril Greyson died of disease as a young infant, and had not been taken and renamed by Sith Lords. "Yes, I'm her daughter--son. I'm her son. It's not important, really. It's a secret. Don't tell anyone." He pleaded silently. He cast his gaze all around--the road was completely empty.

The hour was growing a bit late, and people would start to think things if they saw him out here. Then again, it was the edge of Theed. Law enforcement wasn't much of a thing this far from the center, which was fine. Crime didn't exist in Theed. "I missed you too." He stated abruptly, offering a crooked smile even if she wasn't looking. "You don't have to say it, but I know you miss our little adventures."

[member="Linori Pryde"]

“She doesn’t come in the library a lot, but I’ve seen her before.”

Oh. Too late. Linori seemed to just disregard everything he had said. The change between them and the atmosphere drastically took a turn as well. She smiles as she spoke, life in her voice as she went on about this new change in events. “She’s so young, too! That is incredible, our major leader having a son. This changes everything, surely, despite the non-hereditary forms of our society. But you could definitely hold political influence if you wanted to try! You could do so much here, just because of your blood. I know they say it is purely political, but so many families stay within political offices for such long periods of time…”

Linori goes on for some time, practically striding back and forth in her place. It was only when Graxin’s words wracked at her brain did she pause and look up at the human in a confused manner. Did she miss their adventures? Life had truly not been the same since returning home. There was an entire universe out there, that perhaps secretly, she still yearned to explore and learn more of, not confined to the walls of the archives.

Linori rests a hand to her chest and opens her mouth to speak, but no words come out. Had she truly missed Graxin and the others, there was no way she would ever admit to it. Perhaps she didn’t even know. She takes a deep breath, and exhales slowly, simply sitting in the rain.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Ah, politics. Graxin had missed the way Linori would drone on about the simplest of things. She was a living encyclopedia on a myriad of matters. There was a lot to catch up on, and for whatever reason, Linori Pryde had not taken up Graxin's offer to find somewhere dry. There were plenty of diner or clubs or even the palace, but she chose to remain out here. "Heh, I wouldn't want to endanger mom's position though, you know? Having a child that she gave away as an infant might look bad to the public. Not to mention my duties to the Jedi Order. I just can't be tied down to one place...I'm leading the Jedi Reformation. We broke away from the Republic to save our Order from falling further into decadence....I'm also the governor of a world called Ession."

He blinked. The Knight had just blurted all of that out with little time taken to breath. For once in his life, Graxin Rade found himself flustered. He'd missed Linori, more than he really should have. Now she seemed to be struggling with the right words.

He took the initiative, and leaned forward, pressing his midriff up against hers. "You know if you want to kiss me you can just do it, right?"He challenged as the rain picked up, utterly soaking him now. It fell in a steady downpour, but Graxin didn't seem to care. His cheeks had taken on a rosy hue, and his eyes narrowed partway as he reached for her hand. Little did Graxin know that he was likely very, very wrong in his assumptions. "I felt something before you left. Maybe it was the force, or the conversations or...I don't know, but I felt it. I like it when you talk on and on. I think its cute when you pout. I...I don't know."

[member="Linori Pryde"]

The force that urged her forward made her question everything now. Her thoughts clouded as he tugged against her hand and pressed himself close to her. Where was this coming from? His words seem to confuse her, but as usual, most of her expression was hidden behind her facial wraps, now soaked by the pouring rain.

The thick layer of blue that surrounded Graxin’s avatar in her vision seemed to blossom as he spoke, as though his words sparked his essence in an entire new way. Were she some Jedi master, she could probably read well into it. Unfortunately for her and many others, she was just plain, old, Linori.

The miraluka tilts her head to the side, droplets of water falling from her chin and strands of white hair. Logically, she responds probably in the oddest of manners one could hope to do so after a good friend asks for a kiss.

….

"What?"

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Shab.

He's done something stupid, again. Graxin's luck with women did not exist. Each time he had developed feelings for someone it had come to bite him in his shebs. Things never went well. It seemed that it must have been happening again, he'd assumed things, and Linori had not felt the same way. His face lit up, but not with affection, rather it was immense embarrassment, He just blinked, and stood there for a moment. Linori felt so very warm and soft wholly unlike the cold rain that fell on both of their heads. His stomach flip flopped on itself, and his gaze fell down to her boots. Was he wrong here?

"If you hate me or want me gone, I will leave, but I can't let it drop without seeing first." Graxin whispered quietly. He knew Linori was confused. He knew this had likely never been a thought to her; she was an introvert, always keeping to herself and keeping out of the way. Romance was likely as important to Linori as the events going on across the galaxy--very little.

Without awaiting a reply, he laced an arm around her midriff, drawing a bit of amusement as to how small she felt compared to himself. His other hand, the gloved one, rose to gently caress her cheek. His eyes squeezed shut, and he leaned forward to press his lips against hers.

[member="Linori Pryde"]

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Linori froze, completely taken by surprise. This feeling was alien to her, much like whatever feelings Graxin had for her and she for him. She had sworn she had seen this in a vision at some point in his absence, but was quite positive it had been someone else in her place. As she’s pulled against his chest, her slender hands rest on his chest, and she’s forced to stand on her tiptoes to meet with his lips.

She could feel her damp, cloth mask press up against his face. She felt the smooth indents of his face, his closed eyes and taut expression, something she could normally not feel, but hear in his voice. Linori wasn’t quite sure how to react. She had taken in all the small things first. His body, the feel of the jedi against herself, it was all something completely new. And she wasn’t sure how she felt.

It was overwhelming, this feeling, the firm arm wrapped about her midsection. It was calming, but her mind continued to go at a million miles per hour, as though she couldn’t quite comprehend what was happening. She shivers, pulling her lips away from his for a moment. Linori breathes deeply, sighing against his mouth. There was no telling what she was about to do next, be it scream in his face, or perhaps lean back up against to return the favor.

But being the narcoleptic she is, her body decided it was probably a great time to pass out. Lets be honest here, there’s also a great possibility she just sort of fainted. The miraluka relaxes against his body, going limp in his arms. Well, that went well.

Placeholder 0123

P
She didn't pull away. That both surprised and infinitely pleased Graxin. All his thoughts and reservations were cast aside in that single moment as his lips played across hers. He ceased to feel the rain, and found every sensation to be explosive. She felt so very soft and fragile in his arms, as if the slightest tap might make her shatter into a thousand little pieces. She was precious, and perfect, and for a moment, she was his world. He thought of a billion different things at once, but the most prominent was his desire for the moment to last forever.

He brushed the wet hair from her face as she pulled away. He found himself grinning like some lucky di'kut who'd won the keys to the Royal Palace. A shiver ran down his spine as her breath expelled against his lips, pulling him further under her spell. For that short moment, Linori Pryde was his--and then she was not.

"Lin?" He asked worriedly as she went limp. Graxin recalled her bodily issues from the time they had traveled together. She was having an episode. Gently, Graxin took her up in his arms bridal style, and cast his gaze over every dark corner, dim street light, and cobblestone on the damned road. Nothing. He had nowhere to take her, save for his ship.

That was exactly what he did.

It was a short walk to his private hanger. His speed was helped with the force and a primal urgency to simply keep her safe. He shut the doors quietly as they came up the loading ramp, dripping wet like some pitiful couple from a holodrama. The ship was utterly empty, save for his medical droid. The Knight whisked her away to his private cabin, a small out of the way room, dimly lit with a queen sized bed and a dresser. He gently set her down, and turned about to the medical droid.

"Take care of her. Put her in one of your gowns before she catches a cold." He snapped to the droid as water trailed down his cheeks and dripped from his chin. He cast a single worried look toward Linori, and exited. The droid would go to its work, and when she awoke, she would find herself in a simple tan night gown that stretched down to her ankles. Graxin settled outside in the lounge, flipped on the holovision to one of the cartoon channels, and allowed the soft pitter-patter of the rain to distract him.

He was determined to be here when Linori awoke, for better or worse.

[member="Linori Pryde"]

[member="Graxin Rade"]

ASBdfMf.gif

He’d been sent there to die. She sat in front of him, watching the realization cross his face. His brow furrowed, and he looked up slowly, blood seeping from the cuts on his face, hair a disheveled mess in front of his eyes. His essence glowed a bright blue…no. It was the sabers, surrounding him one by one. Robed figures raised their weapons over their heads, five jedi creating an arc around the broken man.

But even that wasn’t correct. She sat up straight, sitting opposite him in this man-created prison of lightsabers. He looked up slowly, a new life, a new goal reflected in his gaze. For a moment, she thought he was staring directly at her, but it was clear he could see straight through her very being.

In unison, the lightsabers pierce the man’s back, and a scream wakes Linori from her nightmare.

It was her. And she was not where she had been when she had fallen into her vision. The miraluka gasps for breath, shouting every other syllable she could spare. A robotic servant scurried away from the bedside where she rested, holding her…robes?!

Linori claws at her body, as though feeling the very lightsabers from her vision pierce her skin. It was then she realized that she was wearing something completely different. The gown clung to her like a second skin, the complete opposite of her scholarly robes that not drifted away as the robot moved to get help. The panicked miraluka rose to chase after, but found her body frozen in place, as though it had yet to awaken itself. So she did the next best thing, and screamed for help.

Placeholder 0123

P
Something was wrong. Graxin had waited quite some time for Linori to awaken, ever the patient pup. He had resolved to try and meditate while she slept, to focus on something other than that stupid decision he'd made hours ago. It seemed that Graxin had a knack for stupid decisions. It was clear now, looking back on things, that Linori did not share his feelings. Once again, he was the one wanting, and once again it had only brought about trouble.

Graxin, now dressed in casual night clothes consisting of pajama pants and a sleeveless black shirt, shot upward. He felt a pang in the force not unlike the feelings he received when an enemy was taking potshots at him. Except, this disturbance was not centered around himself, but Linori. Then he heard the scream, and the hairs on the back of his neck stood up. A chill ran down his spine, and a knot of worry tied itself around his heart, forcing out any other thoughts for the present moment.

He did not open the door. Rather, the Knight burst through it, breaking the wooden hinges of the makeshift wooden door as he came through. The wood splintered his shoulder and cut into his arm, but he paid it no heed. In one swift motion, his yellow blade was ignited in his hand, expression taut with worry. He cast a quick look around the room for any assailants, and to his surprise found the room barren save for Linori in the droid. He quickly waved the door away, and doused his lightsaber, clipping it to his belt.

"Lin." He breathed worriedly, half-walking-half-sprinting over to the Miraluka. He came to a stop at the side of the bed, and held out a hand, though it stopped halfway, as if he was afraid she might strike out at him if he tried to touch her....which was probably true.

"It's okay. You're on the Mephirium. You passed out and I was afraid you were going to catch something. I didn't know anywhere else to take you..."

[member="Linori Pryde"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom