Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Hirona Hellfighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narses

N
Intent: To provide the Siel Manta rebels with a unique unit of shock infantry troops that are a cut above the average rebel in terms of training, firepower and ferocity. OOC they serve as a means to flesh out the Siel Manta and provide an interesting unit with a cool backstory to boot.
Image Credit:
y04C1p9.jpg

Credit to https://www.deviantart.com/nicholaskay/art/Faith-and-Fury-349950016

Role: The Hirona hellfighters serve a certain niche in the Mirialan rebel faction, serving more of an aggressive role in combat where their rank and file counterparts usually rely on defence and hit and run. They also add a dangerous element to the faction as they are not merely badly armed rebels, but an elite(relatively speaking) unit with a professional military background.

Links: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/132159-narses/

GENERAL INFORMATION
Unit Name: 42nd Mirialan infantry brigade 'Hirona hellfighters'
Affiliation: They owe their loyalty to their colonel Narses, and formerly the council of Mirial as they used to be in the military prior to revolting during the invasion of Mirial.

Classification: Shock troops/assault troops

Equipment: -

Originally equipped with the standard gear that the Sith provided Mirialan troops, the Hirona hellfighters came to use several types of guns and weaponry over time.
https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DLT-19_heavy_blaster_rifle

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A-300_blaster_rifle

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Valken-38x

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DL-22_blaster_pistol

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vibroblade( I will be submitting a unique knife/machete for the Hirona hellfighters, using the Bolo knife for inspiration so this merely acts as a placeholder for now)
COMBAT INFORMATION
Availability: Unique

Deployment: Minor deployment: Hellfighters are typically deployed in companies and platoons to support larger rebel forces in battle, although battalions being employed in battle is rare it isn't unheard of.

Strengths & Weaknesses:
(+) Ferocious combatants: This unit earned a brutal reputation under the command of colonel Narses during fighting against the Primeval with the name 'Hirona hellfighters' being bestowed upon them by holonet news for their dogged determination. It is said that some of Narses men sported necklaces made of severed ears collected from dead Primeval cultists, the most famous account coming from an aid worker who witnessed men of the 42nd desecrating cultist corpses on the battlefields outside of Hirona.

(+) Psychological warfare: Their colonel introduced the practice of scalping enemy dead as a means to tally the brigades kill count and also terrify enemy soldiers, also making extensive use of booby traps and ambushes to wipe out enemy forces in the highlands of Mirial.

(+) Veterans: The Hirona hellfighters have fought with Narses throughout the Primeval war, the night of the dead and against Sith forces during the planet wide battle of Mirial. Forging them into a battle hardened unit of Mirialan men and women with a savage reputation.

(+) Fanatical zealotry: They firmly believe in the cause they fight for and their commander, and will go into combat no matter how difficult or unlikely that they will survive; to them the ends justify the means.

(-) Limited numbers: The brigade has been understrength since the battle of Mirial, leading Narses to use them in a more conservative role until the rebels gain sufficient strength in numbers. As of recent events the Hirona hellfighters number at 2,000 strong with pre defection numbers being as high as 6,000 though many died in fighting against overwhelming Sith and Mirialan collaborator forces.

(-) Archaic equipment: The Hirona hellfighters lack in the latest blaster rifles and equipment, especially in comparison to their foes in the Sith empire and the Silver Jedi to the south.

(-) No anti air protection: A lack of artillery protection against Sith bombers during the battle of Hirona coupled along with the fact the brigade had to abandon much of its tanks and apcs led to heavy losses during the SJO Mirialan invasion. The changing face of combat against the Sith has led the hellfighters to deploy nightfighting tactics and surprise attacks to compensate against Sith bombing runs.

Description: The 42nd Mirialan infantry brigade 'Hirona hellfighters' originated in the later stages of the Primeval conflict on Mirial, belonging to the 3rd Mirialan field army. They came to be commanded by colonel *** ********* later known by the alias 'Narses' of the Siel Manta whos methods to combat the cultists was seen as unorthodox and brutal by many, nevertheless it was effective and many overlooked the brigades brutal antics against prisoners of war. The hellfighters employed barbaric tactics not only to defeat their foes but install fear in their hearts.

Like many other units in the Mirialan army, they had basic training like everybody else but ultimately their extensive combat experience and long period of deployment gave them the edge over their counterparts in terms of fighting ability.

[member="Narses"]

Apologies for the slight delay on this one.

Love resistance units, and tying it into Chaos history is a nice added touch. Just a few things to address here, first let's get the housekeeping out of the way. Are you able to locate an online source for the artist of the second image? You can use search by image, or if you know which Games Workshop sourcebook it comes from you could link to that.

Second, let's address your weaknesses. The first, limited numbers, is pre-built into their status as a unique/minor deployment unit. I don't have a problem with you keeping it in there, but given that your second technology weakness is a little subjective, I would ask for at least one additional weakness to balance these dudes out.

Narses

N
Sure! I'm more than happy to remove the second image as I have struggled to find the original artist. I guess the zealotry could count as both a strength and weakness? Either way I'll still add an extra weakness.

Thank you :)

[member="Narses"]

Minor thing, I'm going to need you to resize your image or put it in a spoiler, as it is larger than Codex standard.

Deployment: Minor deployment: Hellfighters are typically deployed in companies and platoons to support larger rebel forces in battle, although battalions being employed in battle is rare it isn't unheard of.
​What in your mind constitutes a battalion? Standard definition kinda varies, but this seems larger than 'minor' deployment. Let me know what you think so we can match up intent and phrasing here. We can possibly tweak wording just to make sure it's clear.

Narses

N
My apologies i was going off the 800 man size for a battalion, which in comparison to the rest of the Siel Manta forces. Isn't really a lot of men. But i'm happy to make alterations :)

Btw, how would i put it in a spoiler? i'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to things on here.

[member="Irajah Ven"]

[member="Narses"]

you can add this code: {spoiler} image {/spoiler} - only with [ and ] instead of the { (Don't want to spoiler my own explanation).

Yeah I'm seeing anywhere from 300 to 1,200 for battalion sizes, which is a HUGE range and I'm sure you can see my concern with a minor deployment. If you want to keep the 'occasional battalion' thing in there, could you add that this is the majority of their numbers in that case if you are aiming toward the 800+ numbers? I have no issue with that being around the whole group, so long as you aren't, even rarely, doing multiple battalions with them and we can make that clear in the entry that would be great.

Narses

N
Of course i get you, some people can take advantage of that definition looseness. Yeah at the moment they lack numbers to field multiple battalions, hence why the actual brigade is understrength and consists of two battalions 800+ at the most. If it helps i can change the deployment type?

Thanks btw

[member="Irajah Ven"]

[member="Narses"]

No, I think that minor is fine. I see your intent here, which is why I wanted to ask. With the understanding you won't be fielding multiple battalions and it will indeed be rare, I am okay with this as it is.

I really enjoy seeing subs based on Chaos events, so good luck and enjoy!

Approved.

edit: whoops ahead of myself- still need you to spoiler that image ;) If you are having issues you can also give me permission here and I can go in and make that edit for you quick.

Narses

N
I'll get on it now and thank you :) the invasion of Mirial was such a good read and i got inspired to make a mini rebel faction from the hypothetical scenario that a few Mirialan rebels escaped to wage further war.

[member="Irajah Ven"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom