Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hilal's Horrible Hunt

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
Current Outfit

ogas-cantina-star-wars-galaxy-edge-disneyland-disneyworld%2B%252819%2529.jpg

"Where is he?" Hilal sipped her glass of Jawa Juice while she intently stared at the data pad before her. A week ago, she took on a contract to take out a Gran Spice Dealer named: Elog. A couple of drug lords on Malastare didn't like how Elog aggressively expanding his business and pooled their credits to hire a Bounty Hunter to get rid of him. And they REALLY wanted to get rid of him judging on the bounty on his head. "80,000....." Hilal mumbled rolling her straw between her teeth. "I could buy a mini armory with that, in fact after I finish with this contract, I'll need to invest in my store back home."

Hilal sighed she hadn't been back on Kresti in ages now, she was covered in contracts that she felt obligated to complete. Hilal was not only a Forgemaster (in fact the youngest Forgemaster in Mandalorian history) but she was a full-fledged Bounty Hunter. The first thing that Hilal needed to build on was her reputation and the best Bounty Hunters are ones who are reliable and get the job done with no questions asked. Besides, she had all of the stuff she needed for Bounty Hunting on her ship but it was best to keep her shop going even though she left the job to her Droids. Hilal stared at the datapad again, the current job was tricky, Elog was a cautious Gran and would only come out personally if there were someone who had big pockets. Hilal pulled a few strings from her contacts in the underworld and they helped her set up a meeting with Elog. Hilal knew that Elog would get suspicious if she came to him, a small scrawny girl like her wouldn't make for a convincing buyer. She needed help and Hilal called in an old friend Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal .

Her watch began to beep and Hilal immediately looked down to see that her Droid companion: DVA had informed her that Thonn has arrived. "Good," Hilal spoke to her watch. "Send my coordinates to him."

Last edited:
Thonn received the message, and stared at it for a moment. Hilal needed help shopping again, and Thonn had been called in to assist. There was a touch of apprehension. He remembered what had happened on their last trip, when what should have been a simple errand turned into a conflict with the local Daimyo, over a specific part she couldn't obtain anywhere else. Thonn might be a reckless sort, but even he was unprepared for the energy and impulsiveness Hilal brought upon them.

Especially when she had gotten herself into dealings with another troublesome character. Thonn was needed to look tough and mean, she said. Oblivious as Thonn usually was, the potential for this deal to end horribly was not lost on him.

He was a touch reluctant given that, but ultimately he wouldn't leave her without the assistance. Looking at it another way, had he not been there then the worst might have happened to her. And he could empathize with her, to an extent. He was not the brightest youth. He still wasn't the brightest adult, but he was wiser with guidance of older Mando'ade. It had done much towards his development, and more importantly had seen him survive to become the warrior he was today. Well, dead people don't usually make such good fighters.

Thonn might not be a patient man, but he was careless enough to throw away his concern and resolve to help her.

At least, he'd know what he could be in for this time.

Prepared, perhaps overly so, Thonn prepared his ship, entering directions into his ships' computer and set a course for the meeting place Hilal had given him. On landing down on the surface, it was a short travel to get there, aided by his jetpack to cover more ground.

Soon, he was close, and by the time Hilal requested his coordinates he wasn't far away.

Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

Current Outfit

"Come on...." Hilal impatiently tapped her finger on the counter while she furiously sipped on Jawa Juice. It was good to see Thonn again but he was taking his sweet time walking over towards her. Though cloaked, DVA looked at Hilal worried about her demeanor. "I know you're staring at me DVA," Hilal muttered taking another sip of Jawa Juice. "Make sure our target is on his way, we have one shot at this and I don't want any mistakes."

While DVA scurried through the dance floor, Hilal shook her head already fed up with Thonn's slow and laborious steps. She immiediately got up from her chair and rushed towards Thonn. "Hey come on!" Hilal growled grabbing his arm. "We need to sit down and talk about the mission time is money and I love money!"

Well, she did have a couple of major crushes namely Hex Hex and Thonn despite Hilal being irritated with him. Underneath that helm was a ruggedly handsome man. Though she didn't tell that to his face.

With one big heave Hilal attempted to drag Thonn to her table. "Damn Thonn," She said. "You gained weight since we last saw each other?! And besides don't you have any casual clothing?! If my target sees you armed to the fracking teeth, then it's game over for me!"

Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal

He had arrived fully kitted out with weapons and armour, including his rotary cannon in a cylindrical case, prepared more for battle than shopping. He knew the former well, but he didn't much know shopping. Most of the buying he did tended to involve weapons, anyhow.

"I got here as quick as I could." Thonn remarked, which was a half-lie. He'd taken his time getting ready, but this was about as fast as he moved for anything that didn't have much to do with combat. Thonn was always prepared for that, and could deploy out for battle within a matter of minutes when he needed to. Disorganization may have been drilled out of him in that sense, but not elsewhere.

This guy could be a weapons dealer, but this wasn't the same sort of trip where it'd be acceptable to come loaded with enough blasters to fight off a small army. Impulsiveness might have been a trait she had, neither subtlety nor nuance were traits of Thonn.

"Yeah, probably. Been in my bulking phase." He replied, oblivious to the backhanded nature of the remark. Hilal continued to fuss over the way he was dressed and to the degree that he was armed, which threw him off a bit.

"So, wait. I gotta go meet someone from the underworld that I need to look intimidating for... But I'm not supposed to have guns?" He remarked incredulously. As far as he had figured, guns were they way to go. They were always the way to go, as far as Thonn figured. He supposed this was meant to be far more peaceful, until Hilal used the word 'target'.

"Wait....target? I thought you were buying stuff off him?" He asked with surprise.

"...What is the plan for today?" He asked.

Current Outfit

"What?!" Hillal shot Thonn a quizzical look while she dragged him towards her table. "No! You need to look unassuming like you're some smarmy rich guy!"

Hilal plopped down on the seat and slowly rubbed her temple. "Seriously didn't you read the message I sent you?!" She moaned. "We're not buying Spice from Elog, we're trying to lure him into a false sense of security before I make the kill."

Sometimes Hilal wondered if there was a difference between a Hunt and an assassination. This contract definitely felt like the latter, but as long as Hilal was getting paid and it passed through Bounty Hunting Guild regulations, she didn't care. The young woman slid the contract displaying Elog's face on it. "80,000 creds are on the line for this Bounty. The clients don't give two chits if he lives or dies in fact, they're actually charging 100,000 creds if he's killed, and we bring his eye stalks to them!"

She took a sip of Jawa Juice. "That's insane right?! What kind of client charges double if the acquisition dies?!" Hilal laughed. "Though it's far from the most brutal contract I've done in my short time as a Bounty Hunter!"

But the matter at hand, Thonn didn't look the part not at all. How the frack would Thonn pass the sniff test. "All right!" Hilal said. "We're going to have to find you some fancy clothes! I really wished you would've read my message Thonn!" She moaned getting up and staring at her watch. "DVA," Hilal whispered. "I need a location for the nearest clothing store specifically one for tailor made clothes."

A half second later, DVA relayed the location to Hilal's watch. "Cool!" Hilal whispered. "That's a five-minute walk, by the time you're ready we'll still have time to spare!"

The young woman gave an airy sigh, looks like things we're going uphill after all. "If you're finished," Hilal said. "Get up and follow me."

"...I'm not sure you got the right guy for the job." Thonn replied. Smarmy was pretty far from his nature, and unassuming was something he always had trouble with. He was prepared to just stand there and look menacing, which is what the helmet was for. That and not getting shot in the head, which he had to admit was pretty important, too.

"...Uh, of course I did." Thonn said, which was another half-truth. He'd gotten the co-ordinates and the time to meet, but he just scrolled forward until she got the the details on what he actually had to do. He could always read the rest of the message later, he figured. But as always, later never came. He put it off and forgot about it at least a half-dozen times until he decided to simply have a listen on the ship. Which he never did, because he forgot to bring it with him. Thonn was only ever diligent when he believed he had to be.

"You were meeting...this guy for.....something." He explained everything he knew, which wasn't much.

When Hilal spoke of killing, his face lit up beneath his beskar helmet. Now, that was the sorta stuff he was great at.

"More money to kill the guy than capture him?" Thonn remarked, withdrawing his disruptor pistol. When Hilal mentioned bringing back the target's eye stalks, Thonn paused before dejectedly putting the weapon back in his holster. Well, he still had plenty of other guns.

"We're going to have to find you some fancy clothes! I really wished you would've read my message Thonn!" Hilal remarked.

"I read it! ...some of it." he sheepishly replied.

"...So we are going shopping then? So I was right!" He quipped, oblivious as ever. He then followed Hilal to the coordinates of the clothing store her droid had picked out.

Current Outfit

"You ARE the perfect person to do this!" Hilal replied when Thonn complained that he didn't look the part. "You definitely have the look of a rich guy!"

"A tall, powerful, and perfectly sexy guy." Hilal thought closing her eyes shut while her cheeks flushing red with embarrassment. Hilal quickly snapped out of it gave a brief look at Thonn. It was good thing he was wearing his helmet. Otherwise she wasn't sure how she would be able to get it together looking at that ruggedly handsome face of his.

"Focus!" Hilal thought as she waltzed through the sea of patrons dancing. She ignored Thonn lies about reading the message she sent him. It was pretty obvious Thonn didn't. Hilal just didn't like the fact that she developed feelings for him back in Tatooine when he helped her retrieve the repulsor pack needed for her armor it didn't hurt that he looked good. "Why am I always distracted like this?" Hilal thought. "Why can't I be like other Mandalorians and not let emotions take over my work?!"

"So!" Hilal sighed as they exited the building. "How have you've been Thonn? It's been some time since we've last saw each other."

"I do?" Thonn replied in befuddlement, unsure how she got the idea that he resembled wealth in the slightest. "How do you figure that?" He asked next. He was curious to know, given that he had no clue how she got such an idea. There wasn't really anything he could think of that could be a reason for the notion.

"So, what's the plan? Just shoot the guy on arrival?" Thonn asked, his mind ever on the subject of his next task. He may not have been organized, but taking contracts was the one matter he could handle with professional finesse. Now that he had a target, killing him remained his entire goal. Which, oddly, involved heading into a clothing shop to purchase expensive clothes. He could only assume there was good reason for it, but he'd only remembered half the plan.

Maybe she mentioned more in her message. Thonn now wished he had read it when he had the chance.

"Uh, I've been alright." Thonn responded with brevity. "Yeah, it has been a while." He added, in awkward response to small talk that he'd hardly expected. His mind on the mission as the two walked towards whatever shop Hilal had in mind.

She had the task planned out, at least.

Current Outfit

Thonn was a little slow at picking things up but it made him a lovable teddy bear that Hilal can just cuddle up against and-

Hilal shook her head frowning. "There I go again," She thought. "I need to stay focused on the mission!"

"
So, you've been keeping up with bounty hunting?" Hilal asked trying to remain calm and forget about her crush for Thonn. "How many contracts have you completed?"

She nervously brushed a long lock of her brown hair over her shoulder. "I've changed a lot," Hilal said her heart continued to beat rapidly. "You know I've became a Forgemaster! The youngest in Mandalorian history I believe! There wasn't any fanfare and all that, I just got my mark and there are many Mandalorians who come to me for repairs."

It felt to earn respect, Hilal had been yearning for it for years and now it was coming to fruition. She was still awestruck about becoming an official Forgemaster. To be part of a legendary group of master smithers was a great honor. "I get to be like the Quartermaster," Hilal said airily looking up at stars. "But I don't I'll ever match her talent you know?"

The two finally arrived at the clothing shop a dull metal building that displayed models wearing expensive clothing. "We're not going to shoot the target just yet." Hilal explained. "We're going to have to first lull him into a false sense of security. I've studied his habits, he likes to meet his client in the VIP section of the club. Specifically, a room just for himself that same room has window that leads to cliff where I can take snipe from him above."

jaesik-gil-ss-ashop-13.jpg

She turned to Thonn. "I need you to lead him to that window," Hilal said. "And then I'll kill him and you collect the proof of bounty and we're done!" She smiled. "Now come on!" Hilal said. "Let's pick you some clothes!"

"Uh...I'm not even sure. I stopped counting a while ago." Thonn replied. It had been well over ten years since his very first bounty, and he'd long lost track of how many he'd taken since. "I lost count somewhere between twenty and thirty, and that was five years ago." Thonn added, trying to estimate just how many he'd taken. He'd been a bounty hunter for over ten years by now, over which he'd frequently take on missions. Partly for the thrill, but largely for the money, which Thonn was far from wise with. As were social signals, as he remained oblivious as to why Hilal was asking, or why she was so particularly bright and cheery.

"Oh, well congrats! You're smart like that, I'm not so surprised. Nice job!" He replied to her news. Tinkering and forging had always been her focus, as far as he knew.

"I get to be like the Quartermaster," Hilal said airily looking up at stars. "But I don't I'll ever match her talent you know?" Hilal remarked.

"Yeah, that is a lot of talent to look up to." Thonn answered, a bit more sombre at the memories he had of the Quartermaster. Hilal was right that it was unlikely they would have another forgemaster quite like her. Though the Enclave continued, things hadn't been the same since.

It was so more than Thonn was even aware of.

When they arrived, Hilal explained what they job would entail. They couldn't just burst in shooting, she needed Thonn to lure him into position. Which, would be the purpose of buying himself far fancier clothes than he'd have ever spent his money on. He never had a big clothing budget – his creds almost always went elsewhere.

"So I need to dress nice to head in and..."

"Room with a window overlooking a cliff. Huh. So, I gotta get him over to the window then, yeah?"
Thonn asked, oblivious to why there might even be a cliff in the first place. An odd detail for Hilal to include, but Thonn spoke nothing of it. Sounded like a simple enough job. Lead the target to window for the sniper, then get the kriff out.

"Uh, let's buy some clothes, then."

Current Outfit

Hilal gave Thonn a smile, he was always cute when he tries to compliment her. "There I go again," Hilal thought as she grabbed his massive hand and pulled him deeper into the clothing store. "Let's see......" Hilal said. "We have about 30 minutes before the target comes so we're short on time."

The Bounty Hunter furiously tapped her foot looking over the racks of clothing before her. Just then, a Twileak woman approached the two of them with a smile. "Hello," she said. "And welcome to-"

"Yeah, yeah we don't need help!" Hilal snapped. "Now leave us alone so I can think right now!" The shocked Twileak slowly backed away while Hilal fumed. "All right!" Hilal said to Thonn. "You need to lead that our target to the window so....." Hilal grabbed the nearest suit from the rack and threw it at Thonn.

"Try this on!" Hilal said. "Quickly now! we don't have much time!"

"Thirty minutes? Yeah, that's not a lotta time at all." Thonn remarked in agreement, nearly stumbling as Hilal pulled him by the hand and lead him further within the shop. She busied herself browsing all the clothes, while Thonn simply looked around. He'd no idea what he was doing here really, these were far from what he usually bought. Still, but Hilal had a plan and she clearly knew the job. Best to go along with it and be quick, get the bounty and go.

Another lady approached, and Thonn returned the smile. But before he could decline, Hilal had tersely shooed her away. Thonn looked at the Twilek, and then Hilal.

"Yeah, yeah, to the window. Got it."
Thonn replied, caught off guard by the suit suddenly thrown against him. Fumbling a bit, he caught the suit and looked around for a place to change. Finding one, he looked the suit over. It was strange, the size of the shirt was a number. Thonn tried it on, and would see if that number meant the same thing as a 'large'.

It was a little snug, so probably not. But, it was mostly good. The pants fit a bit easier, and the jacket seemed to suit him alright. It wasn't the greatest fit, but Thonn didn't know the difference. He got the clothes on, so clearly the fit as far as he was concerned. It wasn't wrinkled, so he supposed that was good.

"I think we're good to go?" Thonn asked, stepping out to confirm with Hilal. He hooped they were – they had to hurry and get this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom