Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Highly Modified YT-2400 Celestial Bishop

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_0005_zps1ae449ad.jpg

Image Source: Scale Model Addict
Affiliation: Personal
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation (CEC)
Model: YT-2400
Modularity: High; all weapons may be changed out for something of the same damage value; torpedoes and Mines are armed on a sliding scale; interior may be changed.
Production: Unique
Material: Matrix Armor, Ship parts,
Classification: Unique Light Freighter
Length: 21 meters
Height: 9.5 meters
Width: 30.61 meters

Armament: 16
>>Twin blaster Gimball turrets
>>Forward Missile/torpedo launcher (Ammo: 4/)
>>Aft mounted mine launcher (Ammo: 3/
>>Forward Ion Cannon
>>Forward Blaster Cannon
>> Forward Flack gun
>>Underbelly E-web blaster (Anti-personnel)
Defenses: 14
>>Advanced Deflector Shields
>>Matrix Armor

Squadron Count: Unique YT-2400--N/A

Special Features:
>>Docking ring
>>Scanner Jammers
>>Comm Jammers
>>Advanced Sensor array (Doubled Range--at very close range, doubled sensitivity)
>>Crystal Gravfield Trap
>>Advanced Navi Computer (Does not require hyperspace beacons)
>>Encrypted long range Comms
>>Longrange comm laser
>>Re-enforced Matrix Hull armor
>>Advanced Security System (onboard)
>>Retrofitted Astromech socket in cockpit
>>Advanced Power Generator (pulled from a vessel much larger than the Celestial Bishop, this has a larger than expected amp output)
>>Force Cage (x2)
>>On board armory
>>Speeder Loading bay (With hatch for rapid deployment/loading)
Maneuverability Rating: 1.5
Speed Rating: 3.1
Hyperdrive Class: x.9 Back up: x9.1

Strengths:
>>Adaptable: The Bishop, like all YT-2400's is very versatile, and able to be changed to fit the needs of the mission.
>>Ease of Repair: Even a monkey with a wrench could fix this thing.
>>Common Ship: To the rest of the world, there isn't much to this ship. It looks like a well kept classic, but certainly not a warship or really a contender in a fight like a 70's Chevy pickup isn't a contender in a race against a Lamborghini sports car. However, this Chevy has some secrets under its hood...
Weaknesses:
>>Strange Arcs of Fire: The real down fall of the Bishop--the firing radius of the YT-2400 has some serious blind spots.
>>Less than half the cargo space: The upgrades had to go somewhere--so the cargo capacity has been greatly reduced.
>>Mine/Torpedo payoff: the is able to carry more mines or more proton torpedoes--but at a cost. For every mine carried, one less torpedo is carried, and vice versa. The total either way may not be more than the original total. This means the user has to think ahead and be aware of what their choice should be before they load their ship for war.

Description:
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimum Crew: 3
Passengers: 2
Prisoners: 4 (2 in force cages)
Consumables: 2 months
Escape Pods: 2
Cargo: 55 tons

On the outside, the looks like your average YT-2400 with very few exceptions. Most people would look at it and dismiss the ship with little more than an appreciative eye for a well-kept classic, though it does show some signs of wear and tear over the years. Post-production red accents cover most all of the hull and a retrofitted comm/scanner dish has been attached to the side. Inside, it becomes apparent that the ship has undergone a great deal of modification. A lot of the interior has been remodeled into a very modern look and several of the decks rooms have been entirely re-purposed. The massive amount of onboard security begets the notion that is not entirely wrong--the ship belong(s)/ed to a mercenary.

The flew a rather indistinct service for many years as a normal junk freighter. For years it was passed from hand to hand and owner to owner before falling into the hands of the killer, Dameron Smith. Smith wanted a vessel he could upgrade to a virtual gunship that would fall under most radars. As a result, he revamped it almost entirely. The plating he removed for Matrix armor, the guns he upgraded, everything was amped up to whole new level. With it he flew many missions as a killer--some for hire, some for fun. Only when he had a rather early demise did the ship fall into the hands of his look-alike cousin, Brent Smith, who used it to infiltrate a Drug Lord's Lair known as Fat Frank and assassinate him. When the mission had been completed, Brent became attached to the ship and decided to keep it as a part of his armory in service to the First Order.

Development Thread: Identity Theft
Intent: To make a ship for Brent Smith
Who Can Use This: Brent Smith, those he allows to do so.
Primary Source: YT-2400

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

This is a beautiful submission. Can you expand in your description section about what makes certain features advanced? (For example, does the "advanced sensor array" have some sort of special or rare sensors? Upgraded range or resolution? etc).

Brent Smith said:
>>Crystal Matrix Scanner
I'm not familiar with what this is. Can you tell me a little bit more about this? Or can you provide a link or reference to it elsewhere?

[member="Gir Quee"]

Thank you very much! I worked on it for a few days, reading others and seeing how to do it right. :) I gave the link and changed its name, I got it wrong, my memory was a bit fuzzy for what I was thinking of. Also, I put it right under the sensors--which I noted has a doubled range. If that is too far I can totally change it down :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom