Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hide Yo Kids, Hide Yo Wife

Liliane

L
Lilin was clearly not a Sentinel type of a person. She was not trained to locate young Force Users and she was just horrible at using any Force Sense abilities. But none of that mattered this time, as it seemed, as she had been sent to grab a kid and bring them to the New Jedi Order.

Well, yes, things weren't that simple. A Sentinel would have been sent instead, but the NJO didn't have any available ones at the moment and the kid was also kind of hunted by criminals.

What had the kid done, one could ask. The kid himself had done nothing. However, his father was so in debt to the local criminals that his own head wouldn't do suffice anymore and even his children were hunted down now. They'd ended up on a Galactic Alliance planet. On a not very well protected one, that is.

She knew bounty hunters and criminals and other outlaws, as well as Dark Jedi and even Rogue Jedi had been sent after the little boy. That is why they needed a serious fighter and not a sentinel who worked in the shadows.

Huh. Yet Lilin was still sitting in the shadows in the corner of a clearly non-remarkable city, waiting for her chance to shine. The kid she was looking for was supposed to go past her in a while, so she was waiting for that moment in the corner. She could grab him, talk a little bit to his parents, and then get out of there.

Sounded simple in theory.

But the point was, she knew her enemies were all around. So it may have not been so simple after all.

[ [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] ]

He shook his head at the man, pounding his fist on the table.
"Dammit, I need to know where this man is, he's my bounty! Do you know how many crimes that man has committed?" Things were starting to make him mad, but he knew that the child of the man was now on the hit list, and that kid didn't deserve to die because of his fathers actions, and he was here to try and prevent the boy from becoming fatherless like he did.

Standing, he shook his head and pulled his cloak around his shoulders, making way to the door. He didn't need this man to help him, he would do this himself, the old fashioned way. Dark and Light Force users would be searching for the kid alike, but he hated both, but the Sith more than anything. Pushing the door open, he pulled up his hood, stepping down onto the street.

He sensed the boy before anything, but he was far, still down the road, not for another ten minutes at least, so he walked throughout the crowds, he was quite obvious, standing 6'8", he was at least two heads taller than the rest of the crowd, and the hilt of his vibro-sword over his shoulder was even more questionable.

[member="Lilin Imperieuse"]

Liliane

L
Lilin was wearing her maroon Jedi robe that day, not bothering to wear the standard Hound robe. It would have affected too many unwanted people and would have definitely gotten in the way during any fights. She preferred easier clothing like leather jackets and skin-tight trousers. These didn't make her movements jerky or anything, so she loved to use these instead of any armour.

Of course she had her standard weaponry with her -- a simple blasters, her Covenant lightsaber and her personal lightsaber. Yes, it was her first time she could use her new lightsaber and try dual handed fighting, or Jar'Kai, like people often called it.

She was not good with two sabers. She had not used two before, nor had she had any training on utilising that style. But she did think it had some benefits. Yes, she couldn't defend herself that easily anymore, but she could use more aggressive and active attacks in her battles, so she had that going for her.

Taking a peek around the corner, she tried to see if the kid was coming. There didn't seem to be anybody there, but she could start to feel a slight Force presence around her. There was somebody nearby. Somebody whom she couldn't really consider an ally nor an enemy.

Interesting.

He hated being so... obvious, even a little conspicuous, with all the looks he was receiving, but besides that, he swore he was being watched, not a good start to a "low-key mission". Only thing he knew about his observer, they were force sensitive, nit very good at using it, and a female that is nearby. Instinctive impulses told him to start torching the surrounding buildings and demanding for them to show their face, but that wasn't very polite, too much collateral damage anyways.

Searching the sea of faces before him, he caught a glimpse of the boy.With his parents, and his hopes soared; he wasn't too late. But, alas, he spoke too soon as a black robed figure spoke to his parents, and then took the boy in hand and ran off. "What? Argh! Fethin'..... damn it!" Force pulling out his saber staff, he ran after the boy, jumping over a couple of box's and a homeless man. Things were about to get interesting, and by that, he meant he'd have to probably kill this robed figure to keep the boy safe.

What a day it turned out be, sunny, with a chance of bloodshed.

Liliane

L
Lilin had to act fast. She could hear a person shouting and then she could see the boy, along with his parents, on the street. But they were not alone -- there was a person in a black robe trying to grab the boy.

The Jedi Master burst into a run to the street around the corner, approaching the parents (and thus the black robe as well). She would have wanted to go faster, but sadly she couldn't do that. She had her limitations and even though she was a Jedi, she still couldn't run like an athlete. The Force couldn't really help her either because of her poor connection to the mystical power.

At times like these, she hated that she couldn't really use the Force to the fullest like most other people could. At least she as a good fighter, though.

"Stay still!" the woman shouted at the figure. She couldn't leave the planet without the boy. She just couldn't fail a mission like this, especially if it mattered to the family so greatly. Yes, the man may have been a criminal, but his son shouldn't have had to suffer from that.

She would do her best to bring the man to justice and the boy to the New Jedi Order. Yet like she knew too well, she was not the only one trying to chase the kid down. She could see a person running in the very same direction. One with a saber staff.

His eyes narrowed as he saw a woman, also in a robe, take off down the street, heading straight for the kid. Having to jump over a land speeder, and then run through the crowded streets, he had a fear of being too late. But he wasn't, and he found the kid, the hooded figure, and.... a blonde.

"First, that kid, is my responsibility, so I suggest you give him back." He pointed at the figure, before smiling at the kid. "How about you come and stand by me?" Now his gaze rested on the woman, and he sized her up, noted her confidence, and knew she was at least remotely close to being a warrior. "Second, please don't tell me you're here to take the kid, and bring the dad to justice." Now he had two people here for the kid, and he didn't know who he was going to have to attack first, but the black robed figure did it for him.

The man swung out at Nate, the saber scorching his arm. He wasn't sure what he expected, but it defiantly wasn't this. The kid was trying make a run for it, and he gave the woman a glance, but he couldn't figure on her too long, for another swing was coming right at. him.

Liliane

L
Lilin couldn't reach the kid before the other man. Goodness, now she had to deal with two opponents, both of very different intents unknown to her. Judging by the way the two looked, she could easily tell neither of them was going to bring this individual to the New Jedi Order, not even speaking of bringing the man to justice. But it had to be done, for the good of the galaxy.

"I believe it's none of your concern what I am here for. But this man is a criminal and this child is a Force-sensitive, so they must be brought to the Alliance," the Jedi Master spoke, her blue lightsaber ignited and ready for an attack.

She did side with the more talkative man, though, as he fought against the man under the hood. She did not like the aura he was giving off, even though she couldn't tell for sure if the person as a Force user poorly masking their signature or if they were just a non-Force sensitive with a really high midi-chlorian amount.

The girl would block one of the attacks the hooded figure made in the direction of the man.

"I am Lilin, by the way," she muttered to the temporary ally.

He heard her remark, and grunted. A Jedi, he had no problem with them, but she was taking the child, without his say in the matter. Watching her blue blade come at him, he then started to understand why he hated Jedi before. But then, she blocked the incoming strike at him from the hooded figure, and all of his resent towards her vanished. "Hmph, yes, but did you ask the kid where he wanted to go?" Taking the opportunity given, he in turn sent the hilt of his saber-staff to the hooded man's head. "Nice to meet you, I'm Nate."

With that, he took a step back, watching her closely. Her intentions were clear, but he couldn't tell whether or not she thought of him as a threat, or an ally. The child was cowering behind a nearby crate, eyes wide. Deactivating his saber, he approached the child, kneeling down to speak to him. "Its all done and over with now, you can come out." The child peeked around the corner, regarding them both. "She is... a Peacekeeper, here to ask you to join her...uh...team." He glanced over his shoulder at her, noting her still activated saber. "And I'm....a freelancer, but a good one, like her...but you know your..dad has done some things to...attract some unwanted attention, and you are now in that picture too... but we are here to protect you. Okay?" Standing, he gave the woman a meaningful look, they would have to keep the child under their protection until they came to a solution, because he wasn't about to give this kid up.

"Isn't that right, Lilin?"

Liliane

L
"Your safety means the most to us," Lilin added to Nate's speech. She really cared for people's welfare and lives, as a good Jedi should. Much unlike those who aligned with the Darkness or those who found the Jedi to be enemies.

The Jedi Master had to note, though, that she would not have killed the hooded figure like the freelancer had done. She believed in mercy and sensibility -- two things a lot of people in the galaxy didn't believe in. But at the moment there was no time to mourn the death of this person. She would have to do that later on, after finding out who he was.

"So, Nate. What are you going to do now?" she asked, turning her lightsaber off and attaching it back to the belt. "Bring the man to whoever put the bounty on his head?"

She didn't really know much about bounty hunters, but she did know that the Alliance needed this criminal.

"The Alliance would pay you at least double the money you'd get from that contractor, just saying."

However, she needed to ensure the safety of the kid, meaning there was no time to focus on the bounty. The child was about to lose his father to whatever the punishment was, and if that wasn't enough, he was then going to be brought to the New Jedi Order.

Ugh how she hated such terrible events.

The man groaned on the floor, holding his probably druised head, as Nate had no intent of killing the fellow, just let him lay on the floor, dealing with blunt force trauma to the skull. The kid approach them both, craning his head back to look up at him, then glancing over at the woman. Before turning to look down the alley. Hearing something along the lines of "where's my dad?" He squatted down to hear the child better.

A grimace on his face, he rose, taking the child's hand in his much larger one. "I'm taking the kid to his father... Then I'll decide on whether or not I'm turning the man in." His voice low, he lead the kid down the alley, pulling the child up onto his shoulders so he wasn't getting trampled in the crowd. "If you want the kid you might want to come along."

Thinking, he focused on the dad, sure, the man had done some things, and he was there to take the man in...but the child would never see his father again, and on top of it be moved into the Alliance and won't even remember his old family. That was the part that got him, after his family's death, he was alone for a very long time, no one there for him. The kid would have his master and fellow learners, but that wasn't real family.

[member="Liliane Lancaster"]

Liliane

L
Lilin did not like being above the whole matter, not to the slightest. But she couldn't just grab the kid and bring him to the Order. He had to be tested, his parents had to be talked to, he had to be prepared for that. And all of that was going to take time, as well as probably a Jedi Recruiter's presence. She was only a Guardian, so her knowledge of the whole process of bringing a person to the Order was lacking.

"I'm coming," she decided. However, the man on the ground was still a huge issue for her. She still thought him to be dead, or at least too severly injured. Whatever the case was, she just couldn't leave him there. If he was alive, he had to face trial. If he was alive, he would have to be moved out of there.

Ugh, decisions like these were difficult, and there were too many things going on at the same time.

But she did know that there were some other Jedi on the planet. She knew that they could have probably come to grab the man right away if she contacted them.

She would do that on the way, though.

Practically stepping over people in the crowd, he finally made his way to the father, who instantly went to DEFCON when he saw Nate, tacking a few steps back and making a move towards his waist. In a flash, his hand struck out, a small knife in hand, as the man clearly had plans to kill Nate and take his child back.

The point of the knife halted a few inches from his chest, as his wrist was currently being held, preventing any further movement. Tightening his grip, the man cried out as the tendons in his wrist were crushed against the bone. "I'm here to bring you back your child, and you draw a knife on me? How do you think I would've reacted if your son wasn't here?" Increasing his iron grip even more, the father feebly tried to pry his wrist out his grasp, as he waited for his blonde companion to catch up.

[member="Liliane Lancaster"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom