Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hibridium Cloaking Devices

I'd like to suggest, given their many detrimental effects compared to stygium cloaking devices, that hibridium cloaking devices be exempted from the Semi-Unique limitations of the factory regarding such technology. Given the current ruleset, there is literally no reason to ever use hibridium cloaking tech when one can either buy stygium off someone or dev thread it and get a ship/piece of technology with all the advantages and none of the disadvantages hibridium cloaking tech has to offer. I feel it effectively renders an interesting piece of canon technology worthless and never to be used on any submissions given the current ruleset where there is something wholeheartedly superior available.

Comparing the two:

Stygium:
Requires a dev thread
Max of semi-unique items
Can only be seen through crystal grav-field trap or magnetic signature(if the ship is magnetic)
Cloaked ship can jump to hyperspace with no issues
Cloaked ship has full use of its sensors
Cloaked ship has full use of its weapons

Hibridium:
Does not require a dev thread
Max of semi-unique items
Can only be seen through crystal grav-field trap or magnetic signature(if the ship is magnetic)
Cloaked ship will blow up if it jumps to hyperspace
Cloaked ship must decloak in order to use its sensors
Cloaked ship can only blindly fire at enemies, which it cannot see or detect

The semi-unique restriction seems unreasonable for hibridium cloaking devices given the glaring disadvantages of the technology compared to the equally restrictive rules for stygium tech.

Makes a ton of sense to me. Hibridium is really tricky stuff to play with. Simplest thing would be to clarify the rule as 'stygium cloaking devices or equivalent stealth technologies', or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom