Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, Hey!

SPIRA
CORE WORLDS

Spira had always been a popular destination for tourists.

The sun, the beaches, the lush forests where you could hike for days without encountering anything truly deadly, the mountains you could climb and the oceans you could dive in. It was the perfect world to relax, to just settle down for a bit and not worry about anything; in a galaxy constantly torn-up by war and suffering?

Those places were most definitely rare.

Hay sighed softly as he backspaced furiously and removed about three paragraphs that simply did not want to work with him here. It was annoying, but the book wouldn't write itself and if there was one advice that every hobby author on the HoloNet gave? It was that you just had to keep cracking at it, until it finally fell into place. The breeze was pleasant at least, it brought the scent of the ocean with it and briefly Hay wondered if they would go for a swim later in the evening.

That could be good.

He scribbled it down in one of his notes: "Convince Chay to give the water a try." and then nodded in satisfaction. At least something that he didn't have to edit sixty times, before it felt right.

[member="Chayil Kiani"]

Hands moved over his shoulders, her chin coming to rest there a moment later.

"Just got clearance, no one's gonna impound the Zephry while we're out."

Kissing his cheek she tipped her head, dark eyes scanning over the screen for a moment before refocusing on him. She tried not to read over his shoulder too much, or, if she did, have the courtesy to pretend she hadn't. Sometimes he offered her a portion to read, and then she did so gladly, but until he was ready to share a piece, she gave him, well, peace.

Leaning there against his back, Chay smiled. More to herself than anything else. She liked the life they'd built. The traveling, the new places tied together by the familiarity of their ship. Even the occasionally job, so necessary to keep their rear ends in the air after all. It was comfortable, they were comfortable. It was a good life.

She did arch an eyebrow when she saw his scribbled note however.

"Is there something I should know about the water that means you need to convince me?" She asked, tone suddenly dubious.

[member="Hayden Kiani"]

[member="Chayil Kiani"]

"Mhmm, that's good, hun." Hay mumbled in that tone that suggested he was listening, but was also about two layers farther from paying attention to the situation and would presumably say okay to anything suggested at this point. Up to and including ballet lessons or something similar. The kiss caused him to tilt his head slightly, give her wider access, but that only tipped him off that her attention had slipped. He didn't mind her reading along, not really, but after a few more tries and deletions of the six-word sentence Hay called it a day.

His hand brushed up, stroking forearm up to shoulder, before pulling her a bit closer so he could plant a kiss on her jaw.

It was a good life, all in all.

Sometimes they had some close-calls with sudden expenses; repairs costs, trip to a hospital, things like that. It was surprising how much they wanted off of ya for a simple bulletwound patch-job. That was one of the things he did miss working with the Republic.

Bacta for days.

"Oh." He chuckled softly. "Well, last time I dunked you underwater and you didn't stop pouting 'til the next morning."

"Figured I'd need to convince you this time around."

A soft tug of her hand was all that was necessary for her to come around and sit down by his side, settling down against him. "Mmm, is good."

"I didn't pout. I was righteously indignant and chosing not to speak to my betrayer," she teased. "You eventually apologized, so until you brought it up, I thought I could trust it wouldn't happen again." She side eyed him with an exaggerated dubiousness that took any real sting out of the words.

She settled up against his side, cheek resting on the side of his shoulder.

"But nooooow......" one side of her mouth quirked up into a smile against her intention. "Now I might need you to convince me, you're right."

Tilting her head up, she kissed him with a promise. An invitation. And then smiled against him mouth, wide and smug. Standing up again, she tugged on his hands, pulling him up after her.

"With breakfast. Come on Hay, I'm starving and we're running low on supplies that aren't instant noodles. Feed me and we'll call it even, deal?"

[member="Hayden Kiani"]

[member="Chayil Kiani"]

It was with amusement that Hay listened and watched her slowly string him along with the little web she wove.

Every word pulling forward, until the reason was declared and shown into the light. "Breakfast, huh?" Hay said equally smugly if not more. But the man did raise himself up and followed her along, leaving the scribbling behind for now. It wasn't like it was going anywhere and it wasn't like there was a time-table or something, nooo, not at all, it could presumably stand to wait for a little while longer.

For as long as it needed to wait.

"I think I can do that, yeah." Rising up by her tugging he kissed her softly, before packing up his stuff. The tablet, little pieces of flimsiplast, all the stuff that wasn't a safe thing to leave behind while they walked back to the hotel. It was a small one, pleasant, hiding away in a nook of larger resorts and huge public beaches. This beach was private, secluded.

Didn't mean it was any less insecure to leave your crap hanging around.

The journey through the lobby was uneventful, as was settling in the elevator. The door almost hissed shut, when out of nowhere an arm reached out and interrupted the sliding motion. In came a Rodian, scarred, clothing wide to hide anything that was going on underneath. He didn't so much as acknowledge them, before ticking one of the floor signs on.

Hay exchanged a glance with Chay.

In her head, Chay was having a whole, pre-emptive conversation with Hay..... in case he was going to pull the 'breakfast? I'll give you breakfast, com'ere,' line once they reached their room. Of course, that conversation ended with him on his ass, her sauntering away playfully and ordering room service- they were on vacation after all.....

But the arrival of the Rodian put a pause on that.

Not a Rodian specifically (though Chay would admit to a bit of bias, since she hadn't known one yet that wasn't, at best, pretty sleazy), but it was the way he ignored them hard, the choice of dress, the tightness in his shoulders. It was a person with no good intent on their mind, the only question was if it was going to be aimed at them or not.

Their eyes met and the barest trace of a nod from her as she let go of his free hand. With the other carrying his duffle of writing works, he'd need that one. Normally she walked to the left and he to the right- it let them hold hands but keep their dominant hands clear. It wasn't something they'd ever talked about, but something that had just been a natural state for them when they'd started dating.

It was nice to have someone to got you and didn't need to have that kind of thing explained.

It wasn't until the Rodian turned around to face them that Chay realized exactly what was about to happen. His hand slipping into his pocket, causing the fabric to bunch slightly around the outline of a small holdout blaster. He was going to try to rob them.

He didn't even get a chance to open his mouth when she cut him off.

"Are- are you serious? Let's not be entirely stupid, friend."

"What?"

"Robbing us would be the worst mistake you've made all week."

"How did you- never mind. Credits. Jewelry. Whatever's in that duffle bag. I've got a-"

"A gun, I know sweetheart. It's adorable. You really want to do this?"

The rodian blinked in confusion.

[member="Hayden Kiani"]

[member="Chayil Kiani"]

When you were a soldier, ex or not, the world was a different place.

It looked different anyway.

Someone who kept glancing your way wasn't just a curiosity. It was potential danger wrapped around infuriatingly ambiguous human behavior. The press of something in a pocket wasn't just a telephone, it had the potential of being a gun, a knife, worse than that. There were dangers around every corner that you didn't notice, until you had gone through hell and back.

It was difficult to explain, much less simply understand unless you had gone through the same thing.

Maybe that was why Chay and him had such an easy time with each other. They didn't need to explain things to one another (for the most part). A nod, a glance, touch of a hand, that was enough.

The moment the Rodian stepped into the tight space Hay knew.

It wasn't paranoia if they were actually after you, after all. The glance they shared spoke volumes and by the time the Rodian had turned around to do the thing he had come to do they were ready. The smirk pulled at Hay's mouth the moment Chay started talking. "Should listen to the lady, pal, she ain't one to play around." The Rodian was about to interject, the gun barrel already pressed tighter against his coat pocket.

But Hay shook his head just so slightly.

"No, really, I am married to her. Believe me- you don't want what she got to offer." Hay blinked and then realized what he had just said. "Oh, hun, I didn't mean it like that, you are amaz-"

The Rodian had enough of it.

From one moment to the next the blaster was almost pressed into his eye, only half an inch away from actually touching his head.

"Shut the kark up and give me everything you got."

Hay sighed. "You heard him, darling, everything you got."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom