Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rimward Trade League

A better, brighter Outer Rim through commerce, cooperation, and diplomacy

Share This Faction

Quick Overview

Category
Major Factions
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

"Hero" Ships

So, yeah, we're definitely a space/interstellar society-focused faction. Hopefully, everyone was aware. If not, now is a chance for everyone to know. But this is based off some stuff from the Empire at War: Forces of Corruption mod, Awakening of the Rebellion. We have a lot of space-based and logistics-based threads because that's... kind of our thing and it's what my mind tends to go to at this point. :p But in the mod, the Rebel Alliance has some unique hero ships- the Liberator (a refitted Venator) and Rebel One (a refitted Providence...?). They're both very unique and are homebrew units meant to reflect RPG characters.

In other words, ships perfectly reflect characters. And that's something I had an idea to do with the League. Not necessarily super-powered ships, per se, because in many ways these ships are part of the character. They capture some part of their essence and are closely identified with them- The Millenium Falcon, The Moldy Crow, Home One, The Fondor, The Razor Crest.

And, it can be a useful way to help everyone stay involved in stories that are often space-centric. For examples, here's some of mine that are essentially "hero ships."

Aeshi- The Requiem: It's a light freighter with boosted speed, maneuverability, and ability to travel off-hyperspace lanes, reflecting her fast temper, quick instincts, and the fact she can punch harder than most people expect.

Mya- The Dream of the Rim: Yeah, Mya's "hero ship" is a ten-kilometer cruise ship. Elegant, ambitious, technically impressive, thoroughly impractical and an absolute rejection of the norm for most political types. Unarmed, heavily guarded, it's practically an embodiment of Mya's personality.

Roth- The Knightmare: A corvette sized pocket-carrier from several decades back, it's not flashy, but it's good at what it does, it's reliable, and despite age, it keeps going.

So, with those on mind, what do people think about making our own series of 'hero ships' that reflect our characters? Not super-ships, per se, or massive warships, but ships that can become part of our character's identities?

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Excellent, excellent! Do you have any ideas for a way to build it into the faction?
Good question, cause I think it could vary PC to PC. Like Mig's I would almost say is the Clan Gred flagship (plus not a pilot himself), while Vaux has her custom TwinTail fighter that she refuses to replace with newer fighters, or Maroo's freighter that I still have to sub. It's really a hard one to put a set limit on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom