Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Her Way Has Come

xGSh2Rc.jpg

PRODIGAL SON
501st STORMTROOPER LEGION | ENIGMA PLATOON
8th AIRBORNE BATTALION 'ALL-IMPERIAL'
Katja Javik Katja Javik

HER WAY HAS COME
The expectations immediately levied unto Kriegan were already weighing heavy. When he was under alias- everything appeared much clearer. He could focus on each individual target and goal required of his training, but upon receiving his commission and unveiling his true self, the waters became much murkier. An element of politics and game playing were introduced into the fold. The 501st, while being the most veteran and war tried unit in the Imperial Army- its status and gravitas made it wrought with internal politics. Something only exacerbated by the fact Kriegan was a commissioned officer. Historically, in the Empire, matters between the brass were cutthroat enough as is.

Recent operations had seen Kriegan directly brush shoulders with special operations forces. A welcome opportunity to be sure but no doubt another matter of grooming him for greater responsibilities. The Empire needed more leaders in its ranks, it always had since the generation of defiant souls who'd originally fought the Sith Empire had fallen or severely dwindled in number- the newer generations needed to step up and induct themselves into the fold.

But this integration of Tavlar into special operations was only due to make more of a mark when word from higher up signaled down that an attache from SCAR would be a more fixed addition to Enigma Platoon of the 8th Airborne Battalion 'All-Imperial'. Katja Javik. They'd already worked within the same area of operations on Ilum but now she was due to play an advisory role to the green Lieutenant Tavlar. Aboard the NIV Dissident Aggressor, the main flagship serving as a mobile headquarters to a bulk of the 501st's operation, Kriegan summoned her to the operations room in order to bridge relations with Enigma's newest additions. Most of the platoon leadership had clocked out for the day when the door slid open to its fullest extent to reveal the Imperial Commando. The young Tavlar, a man no older than twenty snapped his gaze in her direction, shifting his gaze from a holoterminal in order to approach her and shake her hand, donning his Imperial Army Officer service uniform fit with fieldgrey and crimson piping along with a patch sewn into both shoulders representing the 501st Legion.

"Sergeant Javik, a pleasure. I wasn't expecting a permanent SCAR presence in my unit but- it is a welcome change. We're in the midst of preparing for our next deployment but even still, I thought it'd be fit to make acquaintances." He said, offering a faint smile as he spoke in his deeper yet still well articulated academy molded voice.

"How long have you been with SCAR? Last I heard you were one of their newer additions, not that I have much veterancy to speak from." He remarked.

It had not been a natural inclination towards the Empire that found her in Imperial ranks but rather chance. Having not been born within its borders or on a world ravaged by war that might have benefitted from the security of the Empire, she was not an obvious choice for an enlist, nor was she easily swayed by propaganda.

Her drive derived from her ambition and her ambition was entirely her own. She had no familial pressure to achieve which was something of a blessing, though it also meant she had no support to fall back on should she fail. It was through her own doing that she found herself where she was today, meeting, or rather becoming acquainted with since they had briefly worked in the same area previously, Enigma Platoon officer Kriegan Tavlar - a name that would bare weight to anyone in the Empire.

Even so, his name alone would not provide enough merit in her eyes. Respect was earned through rank and actions. His rank already gave him some calibre and an inherent respect as her superior but his heritage gave him no greater standing than any other - that would be earned. Since she hardly came from a family at all, let alone one with prestige, she wanted her worth to be determinable only by herself and so treated others with the same expectation.

After being summoned, she ensured to arrive in a timely manner. They would surely be spending more time together in the coming months, and possibly beyond, so she wanted to make a good impression. As much as she was silently judging his character, she expected that he was judging her in equal measure.

Her gaze settled on him immediately after entering the room and she met him half-way to exchange formalities and a handshake. "The pleasure is all mine." She replied. "I wasn't expecting it either, sir, but I'm glad to be here. I hope I can be of use." She politely returned a small smile in a gesture of friendliness while maintaining professionality.

If they were to be working together then she expected a certain degree of camaraderie would likely follow in due course. It was not a feeling that could be created artificially but a meeting such as this would certainly help.

"That's right. I've only been with SCAR for a couple of weeks now. I won't claim to have years of war stories but I like to think the yoke of the Empire is safe in the hands of our generation." She told him.

xGSh2Rc.jpg

PRODIGAL SON
Katja Javik Katja Javik
The particular wording which she'd chosen certainly supplied him with enough context of the lense she was approaching this interaction with. She was clearly ambitious from the onset, speaking of a scale far larger than what they'd be operating at. While Kriegan had fully committed himself to focusing solely on the work directly ahead of him, that mindset painted in her words drew a smile across his lips. But even so- there was work that had to be done. The Empire, as much a vast banner of authority and order it was- the Iron Sun still cast a shadow of dissent within its borders.

While recent developments would certainly see the 501st and Kriegan's platoon in particular deployed in proxy operations against the Alliance, the insurgency still plagued the Empire internally.

"I'd like to think the same. But- only one way to prove all of that, for better or worse." He remarked, showing his intent but not so much as to stir the conversation from a place set at a tone as light hearted as they had managed already.

"But you don't need to worry about feeling any sort of insecurity about having any sort of veterancy. I've hardly seen much in the way of true war as of yet myself. I'm not afraid to admit that I still have a great deal to learn ahead of me. If anything, I'm hardly more than a novice. But- it's no secret I have a sort of...legacy to uphold...and I plan to. You'll certainly play a role in that, Sergeant." He remarked in sincerity.

He began to make his way toward an open viewport, offering a glance of the side of the dreadnought they were aboard along with the sprawling surface of Bastion in its shadow. In his upbringing, Ravelin was home for some time and yet, oddly...he had no true desire to tread upon it's city streets again. At least, not for some time. Not now, not as he was.

"Your dossier says you're from Hapes...but what could ever drive you from there to the Imperial Army? Hardly anyone in a comfortable lot in life chooses this way of life. My apologies if I'm a bit too...prodding, but I know these few months will be trying for both of us- it's good to know the reasons why the men and women next to you are doing what they do. If that makes any sense." He remarks before he shifts himself and his attention to her, crossing his arms over his chest with a raised brow as he awaited her answer.

She gave a brief nod in agreement. Only time would tell the fate of the Empire in their hands but the future seemed hopeful, that was if they would be there to see it. At their positions, they should be willing to die for the cause if the time came - as his father had. It was only ever a thought at the back of her mind. There was no point in pondering on the inevitable.

It didn't take long for her initial impression of him to sway into a positive light. She could respect his sincere words, downplaying himself as nothing more than a novice, though she didn't believe that. They may not have had the same degree of experience as their superiors but extant training had left them more than prepared to diligently fulfil their duties.

She could sympathise somewhat with the pressure that accompanied the name he held, though she could not empathise. It felt like a world apart. While he sought to maintain his legacy, she sought to at least untarnish her own. "I'd be glad of it." She replied, gratefully.

Following his lead, she followed a step behind as he approached the viewport. It was not an unfamiliar sight but it was one that never failed to be thought provoking. She would never have believed she could find herself on an Imperial dreadnought. Even just being in space was once a concept that was far from reach.

Her gaze shifted back to him when he addressed her with a rather personal question but she showed no reaction to it. Even in the brief moments of their meeting he had earned enough respect to warrant an answer and now he would begin the process of earning trust.

"I understand completely. You can't understand someone without knowing their motives."
She agreed before answering his initial question. "My life wasn't exactly comfortable, so to say. My mother would spend money she didn't have on her... habits. I wanted to make something more respectable out of myself but I found so much more than that. I found the family I never had in my comrades. It was chance that I found the Empire really. I saw that the army was recruiting in the first town I travelled to off-world. They were willing to take a chance on me. I owe the Empire my life in that respect."

She tried to lighten the mood a little by adding. "I would ask you the same question but..." She offered a smile.

xGSh2Rc.jpg

PRODIGAL SON
Katja Javik Katja Javik
Her last remark let a faint laugh emerge from his lips and a nod of acknowledgement to her meaning. It was remarkably obvious to anyone upon immediate introduction what drew Tavlar to military service or rather, why the Empire drew Tavlar into it. He hardly ever had a choice in the matter.

"It's hardly an interesting answer to that. As soon as anyone can identify me they know exactly who I am and why I’m here. For better or worse, saves me time explaining myself and allows you more room to talk about yourself.” He iterates with a motion of the hand back to her, gesturing as she did to relax the tone of their conversation even more. An officer he might have been, he didn’t care for the often rigid and automaton interactions he’d often had with those in the Imperial Army since commissioning. Though those in his platoon’s staff had grown comfortable enough to speak their minds with him, many still merely addressed him as sir and a salute, hoping to keep every interaction with him brief and to the point in the hope of avoiding any needless slips of the tongue outside the lines of expected customs and courtesy.

“My story is hardly anything beyond what the records show. Born on Bescane, enrolled at MIMIC, commissioned into the 501st. This has been…everything to me.” He said, the smile dimming as he spoke. It wasn’t that he didn’t cherish the work, he did garner deep fulfillment from it. But he knew as much as he was now consumed by it- he would more than likely bare the same fate as his father before him. None of this was going to get easier, the better he did, the more that would be expected of him and all the harsher the falls would be.

“But of course- we’re all here to serve. What is it you hoped to gain for yourself, Sergeant? Or- Katja, if that’s more fitting.”
He remarked. It was a bit more endearing, humanizing even if it was a rarity in a military environment.

“The Empire will take a great deal from both of us in the days ahead…it helps to think about what you intend for your own well being in the mean time. Or at least- you have that luxury. I can’t say the same.” He remarked honestly. He knew well his adult life would more than likely be dedicated to the Empire. He accepted that fate.

Last edited:

She continued to find his apparent humbleness startling. In his position, it wouldn't be surprising for him to display a self-important attitude, though this was still early and whether or not the sincerity was just for show remained to be seen. At least for now it certainly gave her a greater feeling of comfort around him.

His body language suggested a relaxed tone to the conversation and he appeared to have a genuine interest, a feeling which was mutual. She had not used hollow words when explaining her presence in the Empire's ranks. She held a true connection to her comrades, as though they were family. Though she didn't know him well yet, she expected to feel much the same.

She nodded in agreement at his sentient. "I feel the same. For better or for worse." She replied. There was nothing for her outside of the Empire, even outside of the military. However, she at least had the benefit of not having a legacy to uphold. She could choose to leave and face no repercussions for doing so, though she wouldn't dream of doing so. She was bound to the Empire, only in a different manner.

"Feel free to call me by my name. It feels less militaristic. Not that there's anything wrong with that but there's a time and a place for it." She reassured. "I'm mostly hoping for honour, sir." She replied, adding the respectful title out of instinct, though it was a safe move as she didn't know how he would feel about being called by his name. "My family name doesn't have much in the way of honour so I'm hoping to change that. Create a new legacy, no matter how small, if possible."

In some small way she felt like she could empathise with him and so offered a small nod of acknowledgement of his words. "I can't imagine the kind of pressure you're under. I hope to help in any way I can." She replied.

xGSh2Rc.jpg

PRODIGAL SON
Katja Javik Katja Javik
There was an earnest sincerity to their conversation, a welcome change of place to the characteristic rigidity and adherence to customs and courtesy that most interactions within the Imperial Army demanded. They all understood why the customs existed but ultimately, it was hardly more than a pain that hampered day to day interaction. Within this space, Kriegan held little advantage in withholding candidness, certainly not with her. Though she wasn’t his platoon sergeant, an NCO with special forces qualifications was certainly going to be an asset.

They were due to be working closely with one another in the coming months. Both in the operations room as well as on the battlefield and in those matters, there needed to be trust in his ability to lead and her ability to execute the tasks required of her.

“Honor? Honor rarely gets few far I’m afraid. In my short time I’ve already witnessed many who lack it climb far higher than they should. But I understand why you value it. I understand your aim, to make something of yourself. Much of my path was laid out before me and such a luxury was not offered to you.” Tavlar remarks.

“The pressure isn’t any more than anyone else in my position. The name means little when it’s the same variables. All I hope is to execute every mission with as many troopers as I started with. That is my obligation to them, at the very least. Each of them fight their hardest to enact the Empire’s will…thus I will fight my hardest to ensure they make it home.” Tavlar admitted, leaning over the operations table for a moment before rounding it to make his way closer to her before speaking up once more.

“End of the day…our names and legacies mean nothing to them. But- yes. The pressure is immense. A platoon may not seem like a great deal in the scale of pleads and planets but still- its been many sleepless hours. However…” He manages a smile in spite of his sentiment.

“Your company is…certainly, rejuvenating, Katja. A welcome change to…most everyone else, to be honest.” He admitted. Surely she knew what he meant. The 501st, special operations as competent as they all were- were not easy to be around. Kriegan immediately fell at ease in speaking with her.

Last edited:

No matter how much she tried to suppress the feeling, she couldn't help but feel a small amount of self-satisfaction as she stood engaged in pleasant conversation with someone from such a revered family. No matter how humbly he viewed himself and how much respect he was garnering from her for it, she still felt more importance just by being in his presence, seeing as her own background placed her at a level of such unimportance that she was considered as nothing more than a drain on resources on her homeworld and by her mother.

While she didn't have an inferiority complex by any means, she definitely remembered where she had come from and she wouldn't let any acquired feelings of self-importance to taint her, even if they lingered there under the surface - they were words that would remain unspoken.

"I'd say our paths both had their benefits." She replied in response to him acknowledging the luxury of his own origins but she could recognise the negatives of his situation. They were both at two extremes of the same scale and neither were ideal. "But they both had their downsides in equal measure." She acknowledged.

She listened to him with intrigue as he compared his position to others and she found herself beginning to smile, a gesture of agreement. "You're right, of course. Legacies mean nothing compared to actions." She repeated his sentiment. "Legacies are the result of actions, whether they be yours or... the actions of those before you. I can only imagine the pressure." She told him, trying to empathise with him.

Katja offered a warm smile in response to his compliment. She couldn't deny that the feeling was mutual. "Yeah, this meeting somehow isn't what I expected. Forgive me, I just... I only knew you by your name until today. I don't know what I was expecting really but this is refreshing and I'm glad we're working together. I have every faith that you'll uphold your legacy." She told him.

xGSh2Rc.jpg

PRODIGAL SON
Katja Javik Katja Javik
To say he appreciated her vote of confidence was an understatement. Even if he hardly depicted it in his person, it was a welcome few warm words to hear, that she was assured he would uphold what was set before him. Of course, this line of work required that upmost, ever burning confidence to succeed. But to have confidence in ones self was a wholly different matter than to be reassured by another, even if it was a nigh stranger going off first impressions.

"Hardly what I expected either. When I was told I was receiving a special forces attaché, I was expecting someone a bit more...rough around the edges, as far as their personality goes but...in truth, I think you're quite the opposite. I'm glad I defied any such expectations myself." Kriegan remarked with a faint smile offered toward her.

"Regardless...I appreciate the vote of confidence. It means a great deal, Katja. Truly." He said, stepping toward her once more with a smile, stepping close enough to nearly graze his body against hers as he reaches for a nearby datapad, peering down for a moment before he shifts his gaze back to hers again.

"I know we're at operational capacity at the moment but...I trust they've sorted out your quarters while you'll be with us?" He asked, needing to tick this mark of housekeeping necessity before they could continue on under more casual circumstances.

"If not- I'll get you settled." He iterated with some level of reassurance in his tone.

Last edited:

"I know what you mean." She chuckled. "I've certainly met a few of those types, or rather... a lot." She smiled. While she had not yet had any issue with any particular individual and could generally get along with anyone as well as could be expected, there were occasions where she didn't feel like she fitted in as smoothly as some of her comrades, though it didn't bother her all too much.

"No need to mention it." She waved a hand idly to brush it off. "I know it can be a thankless role, not helped by its difficulty. In any case, you'll never walk through it alone." She replied in a gesture of camaraderie, or possibly friendship, it was up to interpretation.

Her gaze followed his down to the datapad and the movement of his hands before rising to meet his eyes again. "I... don't know." She replied with uncertainty. "If they have then no one has informed me, sir." She confirmed. It had felt rather sudden to her, so she wouldn't be surprised if everything wasn't in place but it wasn't anything that couldn't be amended.

"Don't worry about it. You don't have to do that for me. I'm sure you have more important things you'd rather be doing." She politely tried to decline, though she wasn't about to admit that she would appreciate his company. She wouldn't continue to insist if he suggested otherwise.

She was enjoying their conversation thus far, learning about what made him tick and the kind of life he led. He was an intriguing character and she felt undeniably drawn to him, in more ways than one.

xGSh2Rc.jpg

PRODIGAL SON
Katja Javik Katja Javik
"Except I do." Kriegan replied. She was under his command- thus- she was his responsibility in the mean time. While he was still novice to military leadership- he wasn’t going to make a habit of abandoning the basic principles of his obligation to his subordinates this early, even in a matter that could be delegated to someone else or abandoned to the winds of military bureaucracy to eventually handle. He hardly had the means to dedicate a suite to her but he certainly wasn’t going to make her suffer the night living with a stranger.

“Hmmm.” He thought aloud as he scrolled through the data pad. The 501st and by extension the Dissident Aggressor were both nearing maximum operational capacity- thus, he had to cross a boundary and hope she didn’t garner the wrong idea.

“Well- I’ve an idea, just temporarily. Follow.” He said to her before passing her to exit the operations room. Passing through two other corridors with a greeting of the day and salute to passing troopers they eventually found themselves in a lift.

“You can use my suite for the time being, if that is suitable for you- seems it might be some time before we can allot you permanent quarters aboard. I’m never around my quarters anyway, not lately. So- shouldn’t be an issue even if it…isn’t quite within regulation.” He said. The recent weeks had seen back-to-back deployments with no pause in sight, the same likely going for her as well thus it was more of a gesture of selflessness than anything else.

The lift doors opened to one of the officer wings, offering a corridor splitting off on either side to accommodate an officer suite each. After passing two of them, he flicked his key card to open the door. Within its armor rack, his argent and cobalt stormtrooper armor idly sat- several of the blaster and burn marks present from his last engagement on Ilum, accompanying the several scars and burns that newly marred his otherwise youthful features. A youth which was rapidly being cauterized from him in the fires of war.

Otherwise, it was certainly a step above normal barracks quarters with a separate bed room, bathroom, common area and kitchenette- all the essentials one could need.

“Make yourself comfortable, Katja. For now- use it as you please. Again, I promise I’ll not be in your hair much at all- not with the op tempo they have 8th Battalion on.” He said, offering a faint laugh. He didn’t seem to mind all too much externally.

Katja smiled at his response, though in hindsight she probably should have concealed it. She didn't want to add any needless pressure onto him but he seemed more than willing to help which she was thankful for. He could have easily delegated the task to a lesser officer but he seemed personally committed to ensuring she was settled, which she could respect. It spoke loudly about his character.

Without question, she heeded his command and followed him as he led her elsewhere in the NIV until they reached a room which he claimed to be his own. "Who followed regulation to its core, anyway?" She replied, quickly realising how it sounded. "I mean I follow regulation but I just mean sometimes it can be more flexible than others." She tried to clarify. They had just begun to get along and she didn't want to put a bad impression in his mind so soon. Her slip-up suggested she wasn't quite at ease as she could have been.

Upon entering the room, she took a few moments to look around. She tried not to seem too surprised despite not seeing such living quarters before. All she had lived in until now had been dormitories of varying capacity which were comfortable enough but a whole apartment-type quarters was beyond what she had experienced.

"Thank you..." She said idly upon entering the room, while her gaze took in the sights. Katja pulled the couple of pins from her hair that was holding it in place, heeding Kriegan's advice to make herself comfortable. She wandered over to the window and gazed out into nothingness, glancing over her shoulder after a moment almost as an invitation to join her.

"I could never have imagined I'd end up here."
She admitted before turning her gaze back to him. "But I'm glad I did."

xGSh2Rc.jpg

PRODIGAL SON
Katja Javik Katja Javik
"They only exist when they're convenient." Kriegan remarked in regards to regulations. The Imperial Military hardly stood alone in having pages upon pages of standard operating procedures and other regulations which detailed the most minute and insignificant details of a trooper's life. Most of them were broken to the lack of care of any superior officer and the others that weren't were mostly common sense or well established esprit de corps.

"What you mean say is- you have common sense." He corrected her in his own endearing way, offering a brief grin.

When she began to peer at the window a few moments after they'd entered the room, he joined at her side- a foot or so between them as he crossed his arms to view the endless starfield on the other side, the pale and bustling surface of Bastion pulling into view as the Dissident Aggressor loomed in orbit of the Empire's crown world.

"It's nice to play a small role in that then, fulfilling your wishes to be here. Even if my path was a bit...preordained, I'm glad to be here all the same. It's all...a great deal to learn and I know it isn't going to get any easier but- I welcome the challenge." He said, offering a faint smile in her direction as he uncrosses his arms.

"I apologize, you'd probably want some privacy here...I'm sure its been a hectic few days for you, Katja." He offers but even so, doesn't make any gesture to leave. Not yet.

Katja appreciated the honest conversation between them that served as a testament to their humanity. Many had tried to paint the Empire as nothing more than evil tyrants but they rarely saw the people beneath it all. She may have been drawn to the Empire by other means but it was the relationships she built throughout her service that kept her there, though not many were exactly through thought-provoking conversation.

She returned his smile and offered a nod of acknowledgement. They may have taken different routes to get where they were but their paths had crossed today and she wouldn't soon forget it.

"No, please. Don't let me kick you out of your own quarters."
She replied, her eyes switching back to him. While she appreciated the gesture, it didn't feel right to accept such a request, not that she wanted to anyway.

"Besides, it's refreshing to take a moment to have a genuine conversation, especially one without the overseeing of the ISB. I know the Bureau is necessary and I have nothing to hide but I've seen it instil unnecessary paranoia some people and they become afraid to speak their mind. I'm sure you can agree that our positions can be quite... isolating at times." She told him, meeting his gaze.

xGSh2Rc.jpg

PRODIGAL SON
Katja Javik Katja Javik
He certainly understood the meaning of her sentiment. The sheer nature of Empire, as necessary as Kriegan viewed it to be, was restricting. Such was the means and requirements to true order in the Galaxy. While nothing was wholly unwholesome about their interaction, a sliver of it felt forbidden, certainly so after they secluded himself to his quarters. That outer shell of professionalism could fall to the way side once they'd left the cold metal and holographic projections of the operations center. Now, they could interact unfettered.

"If you insist. I just don't wish to be un-gentleman-like." He said, in regards to him leaving his own quarters. He'd spent many nights choosing to fall asleep in his office as is. But if she insisted he stayed, it would be impolite to so quickly turn back on her hospitable desires.

In truth, this was the first interaction he'd had of this nature. Alone with someone in confidence, in comfort. It was...a good feeling, a calm liberation from the harsh rigidness of military customs and courtesy.

"I know what you mean. But I'd get no where if I wasn't candid with you as I hope the same would be for you." He said, his eyes meeting hers the same moment she looked to him in an almost awkwardly perfect timing to the shift in gaze to which he couldn't help but offer a smile as he stepped a bit closer to her.

"Was there anything else I could get you, by the way?" He asked, daring to place a hand on her arm, gauging her reaction by the look of her eyes back to him.

With almost every aspect of their lives overseen, it was difficult not to be on guard, even as a model citizen. There was something unnerving about knowing there were people waiting for you to slip up. While she was not so paranoid as to be wary of everyone she crossed, she had quickly fallen at ease with him and felt safe, which she supposed was a good virtue to have in someone who may end up saving your life on the battlefield.

They were comrades-in-arms first and fore mostly but stripped of their armour that seemed to be an afterthought.

"You've been more than accommodating."
She replied in reassurance. Regardless of propriety or regulation, she relished his company. It felt familiar in some inexplicable way.

"Of course." She agreed. Honesty was vital; it was just about creating the right circumstances. "You can trust me." She told him, truthfully. Everything she had was built upon the relationships she had formed with her fellow Imperials and it would serve her no purpose to betray them. She had everything to lose and nothing to gain in doing so.

Still, words could be hollow. She hoped that her actions would prove their authenticity.

She didn't rebuke his touch nor shift her gaze away but rather searched his gaze for intention. "No... I have everything I need right here." She offered a more overt verbal confirmation to his testing of the waters.

xGSh2Rc.jpg

PRODIGAL SON
Katja Javik Katja Javik

That last statement rose his hairs along the back of his neck as he spiked with nerves to her sentiment, their eyes locking once more as she spoke. He offered a faint smile in return, ultimately unsure of how to proceed in their interaction. To this point he’d never been so willfully secluded from the cold embrace of Imperial militarism and it’s sterile corridors.

Though in the irony of being aboard one of the Empire’s proudest dreadnoughts he could put himself a bit at ease. He hardly held any deep emotional attachment to her, as much as she was lovely company. It was more so the presence that contrasted anything else and the circumstances they existed within in that moment.

“If you say so…I can only agree, really.” He said in return.

“It’s good to have someone I can trust…be comfortable around. It’s…rare here.” He replied, inching himself closer with another step as his hand eased from her arm with a gentle glide to her waist with a loose caress.

“But here- the two of us…we don’t really have to worry about any of that.” He remarks before he loosely grasped her cheek in his other hand before pulling her into a kiss, screwing his eyes shut in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom