Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Strengths/Weaknesses, Please :)

I am in the process of creating a couple of species, and here is one which I am having difficulties in regards to creating/coming up with strengths and weaknesses. It could be very possible that some of the distinctions are strengths/weaknesses; even so, I would like some assistance.

Here is what I have so far:

t66kyd.jpg

Name: Tsawa
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Touveluch
Language: Tsawani [use a Hausa translator], Galactic Basic
Average height of adults: 1.8m
Skin color: Anywhere from brownish red, orange, or green (usually dark green)
Hair color: none; their shugasiya (shortened from the full phrase "shugaban wutsiya", which literally means "head tail") are a speckled pattern of white and blue, white and grey, or (for the desert nomads) pale orange or pale yellow, and tan.
Breathes: Type I

Strengths: [2 minimum]

Weaknesses: [2 minimum]

Distinctions:

Head Tails - Like a few of the species in the galaxy, such as Togrutas, Twi'leks, and Chagrians, the Tsawa display two large headtails which normally rest on their shoulders and stop developing around the mid-twenties. The headtails, called "shugasiya", are primarily used to scare off would-be predators, and are an indicator of a Tsawa's mood. When threatened, upset, or under stress, the headtails fill with air and begin to inflate, growing up to two times their original size. Both males and females exhibit these shugasiya, but only males have the little horns on their head.

Vocal Chords - In both males and females, the vocal chords are always relaxed, resulting in deep voices for both. The tones are soft and rumbling, and have been compared to that of distant rolling thunder more than once by outsiders. However, as this results in their words being less distinct, it can be difficult for non-Tsawa to understand what they're saying, much less be aware that they are speaking at all.

Manual Control over Heart - All Tsawa have the ability to manually slow their heart rate to almost nothing, enabling them to move slower and blend in better with their surroundings, as well as slow any poison that might be in their blood. This ability has resulted in the Art of Slow Movement, or Motsakirin, from the words "Mosta" and "Jinkirin", which literally mean "move slow". More on this art is explained below.

Two Stomachs - The Tsawa have two small stomachs, one for softening their food and the other for breaking it down completely. This is because the Tsawa's diet consists of a lot of high-fiber food, which is tough to break down. Thus, after the food is chewed up in the mouth, it goes to the first stomach, called the "rumenium", where the food is broken down further until it is turned into a liquid having warmed smoothie-like qualities (yum yum!). It is not uncommon for older Tsawa suffering from indigestion to swallow small stones and pebbles to aid in the process, as indigestion is usually caused by incomplete decomposition. After the food is mush, it then travels to the reticomas, which extracts energy and nutrients from the mush (called Chyim) and turns the leftover waste into a smelly liquid called "yurquin". The yurquin then travels through a small intestine that extracts any leftover water and nutrients before going to the bladder to await excretion.

Average Lifespan: When left to their own devices, the Tsawa can live to be almost 150 years old, though the oldest one lived to be almost 230 years (it is believed that this individual, long dead, was a strong Force User). However, brutal subjugation and merciless disregard for the welfare of the enslaved individuals means the lifespan is more often than not 85-90 years. If they're lucky.

Races:

Dutse Tsawa: These are the individuals who live in the canyons and deltas formed by the various rivers. Their skin is usually a reddish colour similar to the deposits from the ancient waterways. Depending on which area you are in, there will either be a lot of boat makers or "dutsehaui" (sing. "dutsehau"), rock climbers. Because of their great nautical expertise, the Dutse Tsawa are the ones most commonly enslaved by the Oorlog.

Hamada Tsawa: The Hamada Tsawa are the desert nomads, travelling constantly and never really settling anywhere. Their orange skin and their yellow/tan shugasiya allows them to blend in with the surrounding rock and sand, and of the three these individuals are the most adept at Motsakirin, as there is very little cover in the desert. Similarly, their nomadic way of life and their ability to survive in a harsh environment has made them the hardest for the Oorlog to find, much less capture. Thus, retrieving one as a slave entitles that Oorlog to special perks.

Daji Tsawa: The Daji Tsawa live in the rainforests and swamps of their planet, and of the three are the most plentiful. Unlike the other two, however, these guys are at a "happy" medium in terms of slavery. As the forests and swamps are plentiful with the food they need, the Daji are considered the most "prissy" by the other two Tsawa groups in that they don't have to exert much effort for their food; this is an opinion shared by the Oorlog, who use the Daji primarily for housekeeping or, in cases of extreme boredom, as prey for sport hunting.

I deliberately didn't include everything after "Races" because a) I am not done with it yet and :cool: I don't think it would help much >.>

Gaea

G
I would say don't over think on the strengths and weaknesses.
I've created multiple custom species, and I've currently got the Actaeanis under review.
When it came to strengths and weaknesses I used to rack my brain over them and how to work it. Just sit back and relax. I can give you an example from a cannon species.
The Arcona species finds salt to be very addictive and that the addiction is difficult to break.
Maybe do something similar; like your species has a weaknesses for a common house hold spice i.e. pepper, nutmeg, basil, etc etc; that to them produces some form of a hallucinogenic state or because of their biology it produces a craving or an addiction.
Same thing goes for strengths.
Look at your species submission as a whole, including the image you're using and us that to create their strengths. From what I see with the image, they appear to be almost Togrutan-esc. Perhaps their conical horns are like the Gotal in that their sense based force powers are stronger, or they act like the Twi'lek Lekku and aid in storing memories and play a part in their language.
[member="Benedali Serrus"]​

[member="Empress Pandorea"]

Oooh I never though of that! Maybe a terrible sweet tooth, or being incapable of digesting any meat-based or dairy-based products....

Yeah. I'll think of something better xD

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

I don't have any dice, much less a 20-sided one D: but you also give me an idea.

Benedali Serrus said:
Head Tails - Like a few of the species in the galaxy, such as Togrutas, Twi'leks, and Chagrians, the Tsawa display two large headtails which normally rest on their shoulders and stop developing around the mid-twenties. The headtails, called "shugasiya", are primarily used to scare off would-be predators, and are an indicator of a Tsawa's mood. When threatened, upset, or under stress, the headtails fill with air and begin to inflate, growing up to two times their original size. Both males and females exhibit these shugasiya, but only males have the little horns on their head.
As I'm aware, lekkus, as they're called, assist in mental capabilities. However, [member="Valiens Nantaris"] is an expert on lekku.

Benedali Serrus said:
Manual Control over Heart - All Tsawa have the ability to manually slow their heart rate to almost nothing, enabling them to move slower and blend in better with their surroundings, as well as slow any poison that might be in their blood. This ability has resulted in the Art of Slow Movement, or Motsakirin, from the words "Mosta" and "Jinkirin", which literally mean "move slow". More on this art is explained below.
Uh, MAJOR strength/weakness. I love this idea. It's not incredibly over powered, nor is it lame. Weakness could be they risk death when doing this, strengths here are also very diverse. Better shots, faking their own death, etc!

Benedali Serrus said:
Two Stomachs - The Tsawa have two small stomachs, one for softening their food and the other for breaking it down completely. This is because the Tsawa's diet consists of a lot of high-fiber food, which is tough to break down. Thus, after the food is chewed up in the mouth, it goes to the first stomach, called the "rumenium", where the food is broken down further until it is turned into a liquid having warmed smoothie-like qualities (yum yum!). It is not uncommon for older Tsawa suffering from indigestion to swallow small stones and pebbles to aid in the process, as indigestion is usually caused by incomplete decomposition. After the food is mush, it then travels to the reticomas, which extracts energy and nutrients from the mush (called Chyim) and turns the leftover waste into a smelly liquid called "yurquin". The yurquin then travels through a small intestine that extracts any leftover water and nutrients before going to the bladder to await excretion.
Another good distinction to add to strengths and weaknesses! The could digest almost anything? Maybe they digest better, but are more at risk to dieing of toxins?

I'm trying to go off of the unique things that you have listed. We CJs LOVE unique submissions to judge, and I'd say it greatly improves your chances of having a fun, successful species!

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Oh noes its you D:

[member="Enoch Zambrano"]

Thank you xD Strengths and weaknesses were always my weak point (ba dum chhhhh) because I like to come up with them AFTER I begin writing with a character or species >.> That, and a lot of times (like you pointed out, lol) my distinctions ARE strengths/weaknesses, and no me gusta redundancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom