Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle Hellstorm Heavy Assault Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
dt7a1_dragon_superheavy_flame_tank_by_duskie_06-da4c4e8.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a Tank for use by the RMIA Forces and those who hire them.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: RMIA
  • Model: Hellstorm Heavy Assault Tank
  • Affiliation: Closed Markets
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Quadranium Steel, Speeder Parts, weapon Components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Assault Tank
  • Role: Assault Tank
  • Size: A bit larger than the average tank; 14m long
  • Weight: A bit heavier for a Tank (102 Tons)
  • Minimum Crew: 2
  • Optimal Crew: 6 (1 pilot, 5 gunners and 1 commander)
  • Propulsion: Repulsorlift
  • Speed: Slow: 70 km/h
  • Maneuverability: Very Low
Armament: Extreme
1 Heavy electromagnetic plasma cannon (Main gun, 360x50 firing arc)
Twin Flack guns (side mounted to the main gun)
Rear anti-personnel repeating rail gun turret (180x30 firing arc)
Mine load out (holds 10 terrestrial mines appropriate for the size of this vehicle, rear deployed, may be chosen by the user)
2 Forward mounted Missile launchers (Surface to surface, great for anti-vehicle missiles, RPGs, etc. May hold 4 for each tube, user's choice once more)
1 Top mounted SAM missile tube (Ordinance holds 2, user's choice, however a pair of homing missiles are recommended for the user)

• Defenses: Very High
Deflector Shield
Ray sheild
Re-enforced Quadranium steel hull
  • Squadron Count: 9
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
  • Passenger Capacity: 2
  • Cargo Capacity: 100kg
SPECIAL FEATURES
Long range encrypted comms
Satellite Up-link capability (when on planets that posses satilites, or when friendly ships are in the area)
Air purification systems
Advanced Sensor package
>>Bio-metric scans
>>Infared
>>Ultraviolet
>>Electromagnetic (however there is a "flash" effect on this scanner that blinds it temporarily when the main gun is fired)
>>Heat
>>SONAR
Environmentally sealed interior
Scanner Jammer

Strengths:
  • Guns, so many Guns: This vessel is literally bristling with weapons. From an anti-personnel rail gun, to the electromagnetic plasma cannon that can level buildings, and twin side mounted flack cannons that can roast whatever is left, this thing was made to change the fate of the battle field.
  • Weapon Range for days: The Electromagnetic Plasma cannon and Flak cannons on this badboy give it effective ranges in a 2-3 mile radius on a flat surface. That means even across a city, this thing could be railing you down--provided it has a clear firing arc.
  • Incredible Defenses: This pocket puncher has both shielding systems and a pretty thick hull. It takes some serious firepower to nail this boy.

Weaknesses:
  • Weak Aerial Defense: This tank has two Anti-Aircraft missiles and that is it when it comes to aerial defense. Swarms of TIE fighters or even a pair of x-wings flying in proper formation could smack this badboy down a few pegs since the ship can only fire one missile at a time (and don't even get me started on that reload time too, just fast enough to smack that sucker in to defend from the second pass).
  • I don't goes fast: Slow speed and low agility means a rock sipping camomile tea could out-juke this weapons platform.
  • Awkward firing arcs: While the rear anti-personnel gun is fantastic for keeping bad guys off from behind, they do nothing for the forward and sides.
  • Heavy: It goes without saying that a tank of this size is no light weight. It takes up a lot of space, so drop pods or other forms of orbital/air deployment sacrifice what they could carry in other stuffs to bring one of these to the battle field.

Description:
When you want a tank that can punch with the best of them, you buy Hellstorm. This tragically expensive vehicle is designed with the idea that quality beats quantity, and when you want to send the best... you fire from the seat of a Hellstorm.

There are almost as many guns in an outer rim cantina as there are on this vessel. Top that off with the shielding array and re-enforced quadranium hull, and you have yourself a defense that all but levels its offense. Hazards like extreme cold, extreme heat, no atmos/low atmos, and airborne toxins are rendered useless against the Hellstorm's environmentally sealed condition and air purification. With the Long range comms, satellite up-link, and advanced sensor package its the perfect command vessel for the local aspiring dictator or a just a great opportunity to send selfies as you obliterate those who stand in front of you.

The biggest problems, even more than the lack of maneuverability and speed, are the firing arcs. With the anti-personnel gun placed out back, anything small, lucky or fast enough to approach from the front is going to be on this things access hatch like white on rice. And, while the electromagnetic plasma cannon and flack cannons have amazing range--they lack the ability to combat anything coming at them from above, a pair of plucky aces or dedicated TIE pilots could hit this thing till its shields go down and its hull breaks. Add to the fact that this thing is slow on her feet and lacking in maneuverability, they could take their sweat little time. A savvy general would keep at least two anti-aircraft vessels not far away to combat this problem.

Ardgal Raxis said:
Prohibitively expensive: This tank is not designed to be deployed en mass and destroyed without a second thought. Its price tag prevents them from being squandered in such a manner.

Due to our lack of a set economy, this is a bit of a fluffy weakness. I am cool with it being in the background, but your other weaknesses keep balance fairly well, so I'd say snip this one out of there. Otherwise it looks pretty good. I'd maybe suggest adding a bit of length to give more reason for the large loadout and slow moving/turning, but I won't require it.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Hi [member="Ardgal Raxis"]!

Ardgal Raxis said:
Weight: A bit heavier for a Tank
  • If you could please give me a weight in metric here, especially given that weight is listed as a weakness.

Ardgal Raxis said:
Maneuverability: Very Low

Ardgal Raxis said:
Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • You have two conflicting ratings here. Please choose one and remove the other, though given that the armaments and defense are rated as Extreme and Very High, I would prefer the very low rating to remain.
Also, I love that someone is finally using the electromagnetic plasma cannon. One of my favorite weapons in TCW!

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Thanks, I like it too! :)

Got that maneuverability thing taken care of both are very low. Also, I put the weight as 102 tons, which is 1.5 times that of the M1 Abrams, I used it for reference. If you need more weight than I totally understand about that!

[member="Ardgal Raxis"] this was removed due to an oversight in the speed rating for this submission. The speed rating was listed as slow however its' speed is 150kph which is nearly twice as fast as the fastest repulsor tank in canon I can find. Would you mind just lowering the speed to around 70kph and all will be golden?

Apologies for the mistake in judgement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom