Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

So, hello first and foremost. I have looked over the site for a few days and finally convinced myself to join up since I am a fanboy (Kinda goes without saying doesn't it). Secondly, I know nothing but the basics about forum RPing, so bear with me.

Evasion Studios
[member="MWither"] Welcome to SW:RP Chaos. If you like someone's style of writing that you've seen in threads, feel free to contact that person and ask them for tips on how they go about it. That would be my best advice, aside from reading articles on story telling.

So this might seem like a dumb question. But Character Items. Its very vague in the Character Creation section on what all is available when starting up. Obviously anything requiring development would have to wait, but what about equipment and ships that are Mass, Minor, or Limited production?

Furthermore is it acceptable to make factory submissions for something simple that shouldn't require a Dev thread before completing character creation?

Evasion Studios
The General rule of thumb is this: If it's canon, feel free to take it. Just give good reason as to how your character came across it. As an example of what would be questioned, consider this. We would doubt highly that a sixteen year old kid from the streets of Taris would own a fleet of X-wings, and be the master of fifteen Hunter Killer droids. It's a ludicrous example, but as long as you give fair reason canon tech is fully available.

Evad said:
We would doubt highly that a sixteen year old kid from the streets of Taris would own a fleet of X-wings, and be the master of fifteen Hunter Killer droids. It's a ludicrous example,
It is nowhere near as ludicrous as some of the examples running through Character Creation, trust me. -_-;;

Welcome to SWRP. If you feel anything is unclear, don't hesitate to ask. We like to clarify. On the subject of "items," keep it believable. There are limitations on what can be owned by single characters. Ships over a certain length are owned by a faction, not a character. Any lightsaber-resistant materials require development and Factory threads. And so on, and so forth.

Evad said:
The General rule of thumb is this: If it's canon, feel free to take it. Just give good reason as to how your character came across it. As an example of what would be questioned, consider this. We would doubt highly that a sixteen year old kid from the streets of Taris would own a fleet of X-wings, and be the master of fifteen Hunter Killer droids. It's a ludicrous example, but as long as you give fair reason canon tech is fully available.
Pretty sure The Republic had a sixteen year old Supreme Chancellor at one point, for perspective.

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay.

Welcome from another relative newbie. I have three pieces of advice:

1. Enjoy yourself (or else what's the point?)

2. It's better to ask forgiveness than permission (you can't use this as a defence but in general I know I was too timid to begin with)

3. Enjoy yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom