Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

So I just found this site and I am majorly impressed. It's been nearly ten years since I last played a character or developed a story line and I am really looking forward to getting started. I have spent the last couple days reading the rules and a basic starting stuff but was wondering what to research first so I could be up to speed in the timeline. Or should I go straight for starting a story or character? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Nai' Frerstal

N
Welcome! I recommend looking at the timeline, and get some info about the factions

[member="The Cosmic Debris"]

Evasion Studios
Doing some research is an awesome way to get started. We have a lot to offer on the board. Your writer account for instance can be the main hub for all characters. So you can create characters from your writer account and have them show up as 'characters' which is really helpful those reading posts. We also are very big on faction involvement, with dominions, invasions, skirmishes, and the like. There are duels as well. Private and public threads and a HOST of people to play with. Ask any questions you want and welcome to Chaos!

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member="The Cosmic Debris"] - Welcome to the Chaos!

I'd start, as the others say, by getting to know the Timeline we are setting the RPs in, and then really just browsing the threads to get an idea of what we do here and how we work.

If you have any questions, just shout and we will help you find your way.

It's not as daunting as it may look - hope you enjoy your time here! :)

[member="The Cosmic Debris"]

I know it can be very overwhelming trying to wrap your head around it all--this place basically creates its own canon, and there's a lot to take in. I myself have only been here a short while, and I know what you mean when you say "majorly impressed." This place is vast and amazing. I started with the timeline and then some of the tutorials/guides which will help you to understand how this forum works--mechanics such as ship and tech creation may be new concepts--they were for me. After that, take a look through the factions section--that too will give you a better understanding of what's actually going on here. And have an extra tab open for the map while you're doing it.

And, it may be a little unorthodox, but I stand by my previous citations of [member=Darth Vornskr]'s bio as what basically equates to the Hitchhiker's Guide to Chaos. Besides being very, very pretty, it will provide you with a convenient window into the history of the RP, which is really good to know. It can be found here: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/307-darth-vornskr/

Hope it's not copyrighted....Kaine, please don't sue me!

Greetings and welcome to the board, [member="The Cosmic Debris"]!

I believe the above have answered your questions- after that, just make your character and jump in! Hope to see you in the mix of things soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom