Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone!

Rik'Tani

Cross's Gold-skinned Princess
Just for future reference: All food is laced with Spice. Anything less is disgusting here. Besides, Spice makes for crazy Rps! :p
[member="Matteus"]

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Rik'Tani said:
Just for future reference: All food is laced with Spice. Anything less is disgusting here. Besides, Spice makes for crazy Rps! :p
Lies. I'm a cop. Busting spice dealers is my thing.

[member="Malin Spritejägare"]
I can settle for a doughnut. Or two.

So.. forgive me for asking stupid things but how does one go about joining a faction? Or just getting started for that matter? I've been following along with the guide, but I'm not entirely ready to post up my character creation.. (because I can't settle on a faceclaim/avatar)

Beowoof

[member="Matteus"]

Just go to the Factions page and pick one you think you fit in. (Some may be a little inactive, however.) Then just click the 'Join Faction' button and you should be set!
Also, it's not required that you join a faction if you don't want to. There are many stories to be had without ever declaring a specific allegiance. Take me, for example.

Getting started isn't a job at all. Once you have your character posted, you can join in on a public thread or post an RP want ad in the OOC forum. Or you could even respond to someone else's ad.

[member="Malin Spritejägare"]

I see. Maybe I'll start off without one, try to find who I want to be as a character before jumping into stuff.

Another silly question, when my character app goes up does this account change from a writer to character? Or do I create a sub-account? Or how does that work?

Beowoof

[member="Matteus"]

You create a subbaccount for characters by going to your settings and then clicking on the Subbacounts index. You should be able to view and add character accounts from there.

[member="Yuri "][member="Malin Spritejägare"] [member="Rik'Tani"]

Thanks all for the warm welcomes and the help! Hopefully I RP with you guys soon! :D

Welcome to SWRP:Chaos, and I really hope you like it here and stay for a long time.

To answer your question about factions, the same question I had when I started, you can head over to the factions page and click on any major or minor factions that you like, and simply press the "Join" button to join. If you're looking to be an edgy sith, the One Sith, New Order, and other minor factions are excellent choices, while the Omega Protectoriate(Did I spell that right?) are sort of like the police force from what I've seen in-character. Of course there is also the Republic and the Jedi Council and such, if you're interested in doing good things and stuff. You don't really need to roleplay with those factions before you join, and can join as you please, and my only suggestion with that is that you make a quick intro topic in the IC discussion board that fits your character. (NFU means Non-Force User, FU means Force User, as I am aware that there are separate IC boards specifically for the two.)

Ah yes, characters. While you can create a subaccount by going to your profile page and either clicking the Characters button or Edit Profile and then navigating to Characters/Subaccounts, you can also use your writer account as your character if you don't feel it necessary. (Or in my case where I couldn't figure out how to make one until after I had already made my profile and character sheet.)

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, either via reply or through a PM, I'd be happy to help you out.

[member="Matteus"]

[member="Silara Vantai"]

:eek: Thank you very much for all of that. I appreciate it, as I haven't run into an RP community as friendly as this one in.. Oh. Never.

Kalama Rawe

K
"You must Rp when you get your character...or bad b-bad things w-will happen"

[member="Matteus"]

[member="Rik'Tani"]
Agreed. PM me some time so that we could work something out. Either that or we'll probably run into each other at some point.

[member="Asterion"]
Thank you, thank you

[member="Corvus Raaf"]
I'll be sure to! (Missing the reference.. :/)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom