Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Everybody!!! :D

Hello everyone!!!
My name is PandaHotdogs. Well... That isn't really my real name, it's an online alias that I created for myself one day when I was bored, but it's something you guys can refer to me by so I suppose that it serves the same purpose.

Anyway, today I decided to join my first ever play-by-post roleplaying website. I have never thought about roleplaying online before now so I apologize in advanced if anything I say/do is nooby. But I won't be a complete screw-up because I have had experience with roleplaying before, my best friend sometimes drags me along to his tabletop roleplaying nights.

I was having a look at the site before I registered and I noticed that someone can make their own playable-species, I think that for my first character I'm gonna do that so if anyone could give me any advice for that I would be very grateful.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody here, and I am excited to begin my roleplaying experience.... Let the fun begin! :D

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member="PandaHotdogs"]

Welcome to the Chaos!

Glad you found us, and I for one look forward to seeing a Panda traverse the galaxy!

If you have questions about the site or RP in general, just ask and we will be there to help you.

Have a scout around at the rules so you know the do and do not do limits, but just enjoy yourself and let your imagination run wild.

:)

Thank you for the warm welcome Asterion :)

I just have one quick question about something IC about the roleplay, by taking one look at the faction menu thingy I could tell that there were multiple factions for Jedi, Sith etc. I don't understand this, wouldn't the Sith and/or Jedi be more powerful if they all stood under one banner?

Stephanie Swail

[member=PandaHotdogs] No problem.

And yes, in an ideal galaxy they would be.

But of course in Star Wars it's never that easy.

We have many factions who serve the Dark Side and the Light. Sith and Jedi. However, each Sith/Jedi feels the Dark/Light side should be used to serve in different ways.

They all follow the same goal, but have different ways of going about serving the Dark Side for it.

An example; one of my characters, Connor, is a Silver Jedi. He is a Jedi, fighting against evil, but not a Republic Jedi because that faction was made by a group who wanted simply to have a team of Jedi who operated "differently" to the usual way of doing things. If you've seen the film 'The Expendables', that is what the Silver Jedi are like - out to fight evil, but bend the rules to do it without being as bad as the Sith themselves. ;)

There are no limitations here how a Sith or Jedi should really strive, and it allows writers to build new groups of others who share similar interests and ideas (and thus making new friends etc). For example, you may want to make a Faction called "The Sith Explorers" where you want to be a Sith and serve the Dark Side, but want to travel the galaxy hunting for hidden Sith treasure or relics etc rather than fighting or slaughtering Jedi any chance you get.

Does that make sense?

We don't like to limit anyone to anything here, bar the basic obvious rules. And it's Star Wars, so anything goes.

Stephanie Swail

[member="PandaHotdogs"]

No problem! End of the day, no-one dictates what your character does. You can be a Sith who seeks battle with everyone. You can be a Jedi who is peaceful and doesn't get involved in aggressive RPs. You can be a pilot who just goes on adventures with other fellow-minded writers.

You're here to have fun and explore the Star Wars galaxy as you want, and we'll be here to help you out and make it as dangerous, exciting or casual as you want. :)

[member="PandaHotdogs"]

Welcome to Chaos! Don't worry about "screwing up." The people here are very welcoming to newcomers and are always glad to offer help when needed. This was my first PBP RP experience, and I just jumped right in!

1000+ posts later here I am. It's an addictive place. :)

Looking forward to RPing with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom