Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello All!

Pond Steele

P
Hello all! Wonderful to be here, meet people, and learn of your ways of roleplaying.

Any tips, tricks, or allyship is most certainly welcome.

Look forward to meeting and roleplaying with you all.

{Stay Kawaii!}

Pond Steele

P
[member="Connor Harrison"]

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

I have many questions, but for now one that's on my mind is simply this: how do I get starting weaponry, money, or even food in the case?

Thanks in advance!

[member="Pond Steele"]

There is no "official" credits system on this site. Simply out, we trust you to use the amount of credits that makes sense for your character to have. Be it form killing bounties or owning a company, every one has a different amount. It's mostly just trust & logic! Don't be buying entire planets if you're just a bar tender or something.

After you create your character, (No approval system yay?!) you go down to the Factory and find the Technology Creation Sub forum. Then you find the template ,copy & paste in a new thread and once you're done a factory reviewer will come along and tell you if anything needs fixing! Weapons and such do need approvals.

Hope I could help you a little!

[member="Pond Steele"] You're welcome.

And as [member="Kira Fenn"] said, there is no real "rule" about having to do anything to get credits and certainly not food.

We assume our characters have access to food as their circumstances allow - supplies, rations etc. Half the time it's just assumed we eat as our characters want, unless you want them to suffer a little or come across some hardship which affects them (ie: lost on another planet, captured etc).

It's all real logic when it comes to credits and weapons; we assume our characters have got a basic blaster maybe from their past, or come across a weapon at some point but as long as you don't immediately turn up with a small army and bzillions of credits to buy a fleet of warships or governments, you'll be fine.

Main thing is give a reason for everything you have through your RP and character development, and you'll be ok and it will work.

The important thing is to have fun and not let details like credits and food weigh you down when you just want to get out there and get into things! :)

Pond Steele

P
[member="Kira Fenn"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

Thank you both for that little bit of help! I'll be sure to get some background done later on to get myself properly situated with something of the sort of shelter and weaponry.

Another question popped into my mind, and I'm sure it'll be the last for the night: Do people usually discuss things such as joining factions, groups, killing and collecting bounties in private messaging before-hand?

[member="Pond Steele"]

Usually joining a faction gives you a new forum and usually there will be introduction sub forums within that! PMing is totally normal as well, I recommend PMing anyone you're interested in interacting with! There are also Skype Groups for most factions. As for discussing bounties- I'm not entirely sure myself yet, but there is a bounty board.

Edit: May I suggest The Shadow Dynasty for a faction? ;D

Pond Steele

P
[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Thank you! Because I'm new and not familiar with the site as other members are, I'm not very picky who I roleplay with in the next few days. If I create a character, do you think I could arise your interest with interaction with them? Don't feel forced into saying yes, I'm completely open to anything that happens right now.

Pond Steele said:
[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Thank you! Because I'm new and not familiar with the site as other members are, I'm not very picky who I roleplay with in the next few days. If I create a character, do you think I could arise your interest with interaction with them? Don't feel forced into saying yes, I'm completely open to anything that happens right now.
If you got an idea shoot! :)
If its something off the regular day to day life of a jedi its always good to pm the idea first.

Pond Steele

P
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I did have another question, if you think you can help answer it. As I've studied some of the large and small factions, I've found myself wondering which one would be best for each character, if any at all? Do you have an idea, or a way to find out which faction fits your character, if any at all?

[member="Pond Steele"]

Welcome to the site! The party can now begin...

Vr7lKfY.jpg

[member="Pond Steele"]

In truth there is no best - because few characters are stereotypes. It's about what works for you.

Corvus has been in the Republic since day one. She's a Jedi or their Order and it was a perfect fit.

I have a character Maja who has been in and out of Factions (and has been around as long as Corvus). Never really settled in one place too long. Spent most of her time not in a Faction.

These are the two extremes. You'll find where on the continuum you fit in soon enough. Just be aware who your character is. What they want and which (if any) Faction will help that. Try some out. Join a few and see which feels best for you. Sometimes it's less about a great character fit and more about the members.

There is no right or wrong answer I'm afraid. Which in a way makes it more fun :)

Pond Steele

P
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Thanks plenty, I'll be sure to get around to seeing what I can do with what, and who. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom