Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellion Quel

Hellion Quel

Warrior from a Broken Home
Just because I lived on a planet with only bugs of massive proportions and a crazed brother for companions doesn't mean I lived on a planet devoid of knowledge. I was proof of that. My brother was proof of that. The plants, the bugs, the planet itself was proof of that. The Force nurtured us, and in return, we promised each other —and The Force— that we would make the world right.

I saw the future. The past. I would be turning in my grave if I were dead. To watch as people gifted with The Force tore each other apart with this strong belief that they were fighting for the more righteous, the stronger side of the same Force... it brings one to tears.

My own people will soon ask me to choose a side. Fight for the light, or fight for the dark... but I will not choose. There is no dark. There is no light. There is only life and death. There is only you. Most of us would assume I believe in Potentium teachings, but you forget I didn't have those. I had a datacron, a brother, and The Force itself. I had nothing but rational to lead me. And I found my path: cleanse the world of its savagery.
commission__rand_by_adelenta-d4gccxr.jpg

Name: Hellion Quel
Pronunciation: [HELL-ee-on] [kwel]
Aliases: N/A
Marital Status: Single
Faction: (Eventually) Mandalorian
Titles: N/A

Species: Alderaanian/Keganite (Life-bearer)
Culture Affiliation: (Eventually) Mandalorian, Sith
Sex: Male
Height: 5'8" or 1.7 meters
Weight: 155 lbs
Eyes: Silver (Yellow during extensive combat)
Skin: Fair, Light
Hair: Black, Messy
Scars: N/A

FORCE SENSITIVE: YES
Voice Sample: Troy Baker
Theme Song:

Birth Date: 827 ABY (Technically 3648 BBY)
Birth Place: Bilbousa, Nal Hutta
Hometown:
Da'Nor, Delantine System (Outer Rim, Skye, Near LotF territory)
Death Date: N/A
Age at Death: N/A
Death Place: N/A
Resting Place: N/A
Manner of Death: N/A
Last Words: N/A

Relatives:
  • Darth Quel (Quel Taijutz): Father/Deceased
  • Darth Cabonarl (Friffit Taijutz): Mother/Deceased
  • Yufoi Hale: Aunt/Deceased
  • Darth Parthalus (Cehinda Hale): Uncle/Deceased
  • D'Aioghe Quel: Brother/Alive
  • Ashara Quel: Sister/Unknown
  • Zannah Pehluos-Quel: Adopted Sister/Unknown
Allies:

To be announced

Enemies:

To be announced

BACKGROUND AND BIOGRAPHY:
BIRTH:
Hellion was born to two Sith Lords of the Dark Council —Darth Quel and Darth Cabonarl— all the planet of Nal Hutta, just outside of Bilbousa, on the year 3648 BBY. His birth was the third mark of betrayal of the two Darth to their council, given that this was the third time that they had broken a cardinal rule: to never have children. His eldest sibling and only sister, Ashara, was given to Dark Council member and friend Darth Parthalus temporarily for care, and was the reason why Quel and Cabonarl had to go into hiding. Parthalus, filled with greed and envy of Quel and Cabonarl, sold them out in order to keep Ashara for his own. The birth of Hellion gave away their position on Nal Hutta to Parthalus, who used Ashara and her immediate force connection with Hellion to locate them. As such, Hellion’s parents were forced to act quickly, and in being chased by Sith Acolytes and Parthalus, sacrificed themselves to send Hellion and his older brother D’Aioghe off the planet, frozen in carbonite programmed to release them upon the point that the pod they were sent off in reaches a Type I atmosphere planet.

FIRST YEARS:
The first couple years of Hellion’s life were difficult, but extremely fruitful. After having landed on the planet Da’Nor by the year 827 ABY, Hellion and D’Aioghe were left completely helpless, having only a datacron, two lightsabers, and each other. Hellion, being just a small child, maybe not even 8 standard months old, could do nothing to fend for himself, and D’Aioghe was severely blinded by hibernation sickness. Luckily, D’Aioghe quickly grasped how to see using the force, and was able to fend for both himself and Hellion until Hellion was around the age where he could help too. Hellion was taught from time to time some of the force teaching of their parents, thanks to the datacron they sent them with and D’Aioghe’s religious studying of it, and by the time he was three Hellion could already push and pull things using the force. By the age of five, he and his brother began to practice their proficiency with a lightsaber by sparring with each other using sticks they carved into lightsaber-esque poles.

ADOLESCENCE:
Around the age of eight, Hellion grew curious of the Force. He began to understand it as something D’Aioghe could not grasp: as a way of life. Hellion began to design his own philosophy around the Force, against D’Aioghe’s will, and slowly began to use the Force with that view in mind. He slowly started to become stronger than D’Aioghe, and eventually, by the age of thirteen, surpassed D’Aioghe’s affinity for the force, being able to implement it in ways that D’Aioghe couldn’t comprehend. Because of this, D’Aioghe began to see the Force in a way much like his parents had at some point, and took Hellion as his apprentice, swearing to himself that as a Master he would never be defeated by his apprentice without having pushed him afterwards.

TEENAGE YEARS:
Hellion, under the instructions of his Master, began to study the various lightsaber techniques shown to them via the datacron. Whereas he and D’Aioghe both studied Ataru, Hellion seemed to have this natural finesse for Djem So, a technique that he would not know was a form of lightsaber combat till later. Similarly, Hellion had an affinity for the fluidity of Shii-Cho (with no real knowledge of it) and the elegance of Makashi (with only limited, informal knowledge of it). He practiced with these affinities outside of his brothers sight, typically late into the nights or early at dawn.

JOURNEY TO MANDALORIAN TERRITORY:
After enchanting the Rapax, Zoya, Hellion's mind was instantly open to rest of the world. No longer bound by the shackles of his life on Da'Nor and instead fuelled with the curiosity and passion to explore and fulfil his promise to the world, Hellion searched for smugglers to smuggle him to any other planet other than Da'Nor. Upon his search, Hellion had returned to his makeshift home only to find it devoid of his brother. Defeated briefly by anguish, Hellion ravaged through his belongings until accidentally activating a message buried within the datacron from his mother. Hellion was left both a special message from his mother, Darth Cabonarl, and given the names of planets of which he should visit, two of which being the planets Wayland and Ilum. Sparked again with curiosity, Hellion searched for a transport to Wayland first things, and smuggled himself on the first ship that he found heading to his destination

Personality and Traits:
Hellion, having not been exposed to many people, is somewhat detached from the general idea of a social contract, and has some slightly annoying tendencies as he tries to grab hold of the concept, such as general rudeness, disrespectfulness, and sarcastic attitudes. On the flipside, Hellion as a person is a bit reserved, and does tend to reflect attitudes from his first impressions of and meetings with people. He at times can be flirtatious —though rarely playfully, as playfulness is not a concept he has a clear understand of—, and more often than not it stops after the first couple of lines, generally because it’s really just thoughts on his mind at the time rather than some crafty game to attract people. Hellion has a variably strong control over his emotions, generally choosing to use the emotions he feels that he thinks best helps those around him, whether that be being sympathetic or being aggressive. Though generally well composed, Hellion does have bouts where his rage consumes him, which is extremely taxing on his body due to his uncontrolled swell of the dark side of The Force. Despite having descended from a long line of Sith, Hellion shows an unwavering will to never pick a side, even if that means fighting against his own nature. He is strong, resilient, stubborn, but is innately caring, sweet, and defensive —which may involved defensive tendencies towards feelings for others (i.e. jealousy, envy).

STRENGTHS:
  • Reasonable, won't be quick to kill an injured enemy or stop in the midst of bad negotiations
  • Strong with the force, thanks to family, and is a quick learner
  • Resilient, despite not knowing defensive strategies. Can take a hit
MIDLINE:
  • Sympathetic, thinks too much with his heart and not enough with his head, but can make allies easily (if they get passed his horrendous social skills)
  • Strong willed, keeps his mind on the goal but doesn't consider stopping in his tracks, regardless the cost
  • Eager, always wants to learn and excel, but is prone to danger (curiosity killed the cat)
WEAKNESS:
  • Sith Blood, drives his away from his goals and views of The Force at times, filling him with dark side energies
  • Righteous, believes his vision and his vision alone is the salvation of the galaxy, and will be quick to make enemies with those who oppose him
  • Soft Hearted, easily swayed by those in need or those that have grown close to him (for he grew up having a master, not a brother)
  • Socially Inept, has yet to understand the various concept of the social contract, and struggles socially as a consequence
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIGHTSABER PROFICIENCY:
Hellion's only true experience with the —and furthermore his only true knowledge with the lightsaber— was solely based on the contents of the datacron left for him and his brother by his parents, his brother's interpretations of those teachings, and Hellion's own view of the teachings, shaped by his own mind and connection to the force. He did, to an extent, appear to be naturally gifted in using this saber for duelling purposes and elegance, but not in a form similar to that of Form II (Makashi) lightsaber combat, and appeared to have the fluidity of a Shii Cho master, but knew nothing of Shii Cho or its purpose. Left for him was his mother's saber, passed down for generations, which he quickly grew attached to, and hoped that one day he would be able to add his own touch to it (for that, in his mind, would forever bond him to his mother and the rest of his family). Other than the informal training Hellion received from his brother, he has no real knowledge of lightsaber combat.

Styles of Lightsaber Combat Mastered:
  • None
Styles of Lightsaber Combat with Advanced Knowledge:
  • Form V: Djem So/Shien (Major)
  • Form IV: Ataru (Minor)
Styles of Lightsaber Combat with Limited Knowledge or Learning:
  • Form II: Makashi (Very Limited)
Styles of Lightsaber Combat with No Knowledge:
  • Form I: Shii Cho
  • Form III: Soresu
  • Form VI: Niman
  • Form VII: Vaapad/Juyo
FORCE PROFICIENCY:
Hellion's knowledge of The Force is completely innate and thanks to his bloodline —and no thanks to his brother's inability to teach anything pertaining to The Force well. Though Hellion's knowledge of The Force is remarkably vast for someone of his age, his ability to harness it is a little bit lacking, and without having much experience with having to use it, Hellion can only implement basic Force based abilities, with the exception of Alchaka, which he uses in order to meditate. His Force Senses are his most greatly attuned Force abilities, those of which he need very little practice to get a grasp on. Because of his inability to implement some Force based abilities, Hellion generally grows tried rapidly while implementing them, most of the time tapping into the dark side in order to continue using these abilities, though unknown to him.

Force Powers (Basic):
  • Push
  • Pull
  • Jump/Leap
  • Force Lightning (Never Used)
  • Telekinesis
  • Force Sense
Force Powers (Major):
  • Dark Transfer
  • Malacia
  • Alchaka
Limited | Basic | Advanced | Mastered

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHIP:

KILLS:

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:

THREADS (IN ORDER OF CHARACTER PROGRESSION):
PROLOGUE: LIFE ON DA'NOR
Part 1 | Da'nor
  • No Thread Yet – The Force, Training Part 1
  • No Thread Yet – The Weapon of Choice, Training Part 2
CHAPTER 1: EXPOSURE
Part 1 | Da'Nor
Part 2 | Wayland
Training Received | Training Given | Spars & Duels | Dominions | Invasions & Skirmishes | Faction | Event | Development | Misc.

Use the float option if you wanna put the picture to the right.

:D

Great work! Looks fantastic! Look forward to seeing the additional information!

[member="Hellion Quel"]

Hellion Quel

Warrior from a Broken Home
When my brother wasn't paying it any attention, I snuck around one night browsing through the contents of his beloved datacron. That night, I found a small holorecording of our mother... something that I wasn't expecting, and it was made specifically for me. Under the dark hood of the Sith I would call my mother, lips moved out of sync with what I heard, and it was not till she pulled the hood down that I finally began to listen to what she said: "You are destined for great things... Know this, and let the world know of your destiny. Take for you what your destiny tells you to take. Make for you what your destiny tells you to make. Be stronger than the Sith who thought you weak. Seek vengeance upon the world."

I did not take what she said to heart. Instead, I took what she meant. In her eyes, I saw the words, "Hellion, I love you. Let that be your strength." I took those words, and the words she said, and years in the future, saw a Mandalorian walk around in magnificent armour. That same day, I made that armour myself, changed it myself, made it my destiny. Forged into it my heart, my soul, and engraved into the words and the feelings of my mother. I stood in front of the face of my success. Troan'Bralov. My destiny.
commission__mandalorian_by_aiyeahhs-d88m8gy.jpg

source: http://aiyeahhs.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Mandalorian-498203746

Intent: To provide personalised armour for Hellion that works well with at least most of the Mandalorian armour traditions as well as allow him to still use The Force without hinderance
Development Thread: To be Announced
Manufacturer: Mythosaur Customs & Arms
Model: Troan'Bralov Mk I (Face of Success, Model 1, "Fortuna" | Modelled off of Casur de Resa)
Affiliation: Hellion Quel
Modularity: Semi-Modular
Production: Unique
Materials:
  • Armorweave Suit (Desh-Terenthium-Pyronium)
    55% Desh
  • 30% Terenthium
  • 5% Pyronium

[*]Major and Minor Body Elements
  • Beskar Major Body (60% of Body)
  • Ciridium-Nutorium Minor Body (40% of Body, 1:1 ration alloy)

Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 20.4 kg
Quality: 8.5

Special Features:

Left wrist/ Gauntlet:
  • Datapad and Holocom
  • ​Crushgaunt
  • Kotol Dart Launcher
Right wrist/gauntlet:
  • Crushgaunt
  • Toxin Dispenser
Helmet:
  • Audio Transmission
  • Heads-Up-Display (HUD)
    ​Weather Conditions, Radar, Armor Integrity, Vitals Information

[*]​Photochromatic Visor
[*]Thermal Scanner
[*]Night-Vision
[*]Motion Tracker
[*]Minor Life Support System (20 min in locations without oxygen)
[*]Comm-Link
[*]Targeting System

Accessories:
  • Covertec Lightsaber holder(Left Side)
  • Spring loaded Lightsaber Shoto sheath (Right Side)
  • CR-24 Flame Rifle (Right Side)
  • Basic Climbing Gear (Either Side)
    ​Grappling Hook and Lines (Either Side)

Description:
Hellion's trust in the strength of The Force gives him little need for all the fancy gadgets that the usual Mandalorian armour comes equipped with, however, the thrill of having just a few of those things was enough of a pull factor to draw him to some of the basic systems that Mandalorian armours tended to offer. To coalesce his Force potential and the Mandalorian culture, Hellion required a lighter suit than most Mandalorians, and opted to avoid having gear such as jet packs or rocket boots, and opted for minimal systems that would interfere with his ability to sense things using The Force. He did however, decided to keep true to traditional Madalorian colouring schemes, and made his armour a combination of red and grey, red to honours his parents, grey to mourn their loss and their inability to have ever been at his side.

STRENGTHS:
  • Armour is light weight, allowing for more mobility and quicker movements
  • Fairly defensible against most standard weaponry
WEAKNESSES:
  • Lack of essential systems leaves Hellion in the dark if ever abandoned by The Force
  • Relies heavily on close quarters combat, and can be picked off from afar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom