Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hekler'Kok MWS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
ysbb819.jpg

Image Source: http://cdn.topwar.ru/uploads/images/2014/858/ysbb819.jpg
Intent: To create a modular slugthrower weapon system that could be market to basically everyone
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries
Model: Hekler'Kok Modular Weapon System-1
Affiliation: Hekler'Kok/GA/OP/Allies
Modularity: Yes
Production: Production: Minor (Kits are sold on a case by case basis)
Material: Lightweight Durable Polymer (Shell), Durasteel-Titanium Alloy (Inner Workings) and Tungsten-Titanium Alloy (Barrel)
Classification: Slugthrower
Size: Handheld
Length: 71.3 Centimeters (Shortest) and 111.8 Centimeters (Longest)
Weight: 1.4 Kilograms (Lightest) and 3.7 Kilograms (Heaviest)
Ammunition Type: 5mm, 5.56x45mm, 6.8mm, 7.62x54mm and 8.6mm
Ammunition Capacity: 10, 20, 30 or 45 round box magazines and 100 round belts
Effective Range: 450 Meters (5mm), 575 Meters (5.56x45mm), 650 Meters (6.8mm), 775 Meters (7.62x54mm) and 875 Meters (8.6mm)
Rate of Fire: 450 RPM (Lowest) and 950 RPM (Highest)
Special Features:
  • Can be swapped between various weapon calibers (5mm, 5.56x45mm, 6.8mm, 7.62x54mm and 8.6mm)
  • Barrels can be swapped between Carbine, Standard and DMR for longer range and accuracy
  • Lower receivers can be swapped between semi-auto, burst fire and fully auto
  • A tri-rail handguard allows for the mounting off things from laser sights to underslung weapons
  • A optics rail allows for the mounting of anything from a Holographic sight to a high zoom optic
Description: The HK MWS-1 was dreamed as the ultimate weapon system for both the common army or special forces. The first problem that HK ran into with the MWS-1 was the idea of having a rifle fire multiple different types of cartridges, they were able to solve this by making the bolt carrier adjustable to the five different cartridges that the rifle fired and from there it was simple. To change out the cartridges besides changing the setting of the bolt carrier you need to replace the lower receiver to be able to feed the rounds effectively into rifle and replace the barrel to fit the round you've adjusted the bolt carrier to. The rifle comes in three standard barrel configurations the 26.7 centimeter Carbine Barrel, 36.8 centimeter Standard Barrel and 45.7 centimeter DMR barrel. While the main modular systems of the weapon system is the lower receivers and barrels you can also swap the upper receiver to make it a belt-fed light machine gun. Of course the MWS-1 suffers from the same downfalls as normal slugthrowers, low capacity, the contempt that most people get for using slugthrowers and the low techness of the weapon. Of course there are a few upsides as well, the cheapness of the weapon, the durability of the weapon and the fact that unlike blasters slugthrowers can be suppressed more effectively.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Noah Corek said:
Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries
Please hyperlink "Hekler'Kok Defense Industries" to its formal Approved Company submission.

Noah Corek said:
Ammunition Type: 5mm, 5.56x45mm, 6.8mm, 7.62x54mm and 8.3mm
Which 5mm and 8.3mm cartridges are you trying to replicate? Is the 6.8mm essentially one of the varieties of the 6.8mm Remington SPC?

Noah Corek said:
Ammunition Capacity: Varies

Noah Corek said:
low capacity,
While exact magazine and belt capacity will vary a little bit, I'd put "Low capacity" in parentheses in the ammunition capacity.

Noah Corek said:
Effective Range: 500 meters (Carbine), 700 Meters(Standard) and 875 Meters (DMR)
This gets a bit tricky, as effective ranges are not only a function of barrel length and twist, but also of the cartridge itself. For example, most 5mm cartridges that I'm familiar with have a very small chance of hitting any target at 875 meters.

Without getting into a mess of ballistics tables, I'm curious if you can think of any ways that we could better explain this. I will sleep on it myself and see if I can think of anything in the morning. I can't think of an elegant solution to this currently.

Noah Corek said:
Rate of Fire: Various

While I understand that the exact rate of fire varies based on the fire setting chosen the cartridge chosen, can you give me a maximum cyclic rate that his weapon could achieve? (like "up to 800 rpm")

Noah Corek said:
Lower receivers can be swapped between semi-auto, select fire and fully auto

Would you elaborate on the "select fire" mode? Is this a burst setting? I'd also recommend using a selector switch that allows each lower receiver to switch between fire modes.

Noah Corek said:
unlike blasters slugthrowers can be suppressed.

For the longest time, this was true. However, recently there have been some canon examples of silenced blasters, such as here and here.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Gir Quee"]

1. I hyperlinked the company
2. 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum, yes the 6.8 Remington and I change 8.3mm to 8.6mm it was a typo 8.6mm is the .338 Lapua Magnum turned into millimeters
3. Rewrote the ammunition capacity section
4. Changed the ranges to reflect the cartridges instead of barrels
5. Added highest and lowest rate of fire
6. Took out selective fire and added burst fire instead
7. Added the phrase 'more effectively' to the end of that sentence

[member="Noah Corek"], it could be that my computer or the site is acting funny, but I currently don't see any changes in the original post.

What you've described as doing though sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom