Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hekler'Kok Midr-class Main Battle Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
modern_tiger_i_by_airborneleaf-d7a9awj.png

Image Source:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/100/2/8/modern_tiger_i_by_airborneleaf-d7a9awj.png
Intent: To create a Heavy Tank for HK, something I’ve neglected for some time
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Hekler’Kok Defense Industries
Model: Midr-class Heavy Tank
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Reactive Armor, Rocket Catching Cages and Different Co-Axial and Secondary Weapons
Production: Minor
Material: Titanium-Alusteel Alloy
Role: Main Battle Tank
Height: 2.3 Meters
Length: 7.6 Meters (Hull Length) 9.2 Meters (Total Length Including Barrel)
Width: 3.3 Meters
Weight: 60 Tonnes
Minimum Crew: 3 (1 Gunner/Commander, 1 Driver and 1 Loader)
Optimal Crew: 5 (1 Gunner, 1 Commander, 1 Loader, 1 Driver and 1 Radio Operator)
Propulsion: Tracks
Top Speed: 75 KM/H
Armaments:

• 1x Turret Mounted Proton Cannon (Maximum Effective Range of 4,000 Meters)

• 1x Hull-Mounted Heavy Blaster Repeater (45 Degree Traverse)

• 1x Co-Axial Heavy Blaster Repeater

• 1x Cupola-mounted Heavy Blaster Repeater (1,750 Meters Maximum Range) or any mountable weapon
Armor Effectiveness:

• Against Regular AP Rounds: 850mm

• Against High Explosive Rounds: 1700mm

• Against Energy Projectiles: 850mm (With Weak/Inactive Ray Shields)

• Against Energy Projectiles: 1600mm (With Full Power Ray Shields)
Squadron Count: 4
Passenger Capacity: 10 Soldiers can ride on it at their own risk
Cargo Capacity: N/A
Misc. Equipment:

• Broadband Radio

• Military Grade Radio Encryption Device

• Laser Rangefinder

• Military Grade Sensors

• Military Grade Tracking Systems

• IFF Indicator

• Military Grade On-Board Computer System

• Standard Damage Control Systems

• Ray Shield Generator

• Manual Turret and Gun Override System
Description: The Midr-class, Midr being Mando’a for Tiger, Main Battle Tank is Hekler’Koks newest entry into the market of armored vehicles and lets just say, it was done in style. The Midr should have been named the Monster instead due to its massive size, being over seven meters in length, nine if your including the barrel, over two meters in height and over three meters in width. Not only is it large, its well armored, having an effective armor of at least 850mm all around and ray shields to help deal with energy projectiles like blaster fire. The armament is nothing to laugh at either, the main cannon of the Midr, like much of its design, was based of the Skocha-class Main Battle Tank Produced by Tenloss Industries. The main cannon is basically a stripped down version of the J-1 semi-autonomous proton cannon consisting of just the barrel and the action, the reason for this was due to the cannons whopping stopping power and its ability to penetrate everything from tank armor to buildings. The Midr comes with its downsides though being slow compared to other tanks, if it get hit in one of its tracks it is basically stuck and even though it was three secondary weapons, it can still get swamped by infantry and lastly due to the Midr’s size and weight, it has to be transported by a heavy lift aircraft and it can’t be extracted quickly.

[member="Noah Corek"]
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon
Starwars Chaos
As of right now this submission bears a very striking resemblance to the Tenloss submission of the Skocha-Class tank. Had it just been a similar armament or design I would have likely had no issues with this, however, this submission looks strikingly near-identical to the Skocha submission with a different description, and the reason I asked earlier if it was a modification of existing technology was to save the trouble of having this discussion. In the factory there is no tolerance for plagiarism of any kind. Had this followed the proper procedure for modifications of previous submissions there would have been a way to work this out, but as it stands I am going to have to mark this as Denied for the following reason:
3. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
If you believe this was judged unfairly and wish to have a second try, you may submit a request to the second chance thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom