Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Heart of Electrum

Rhi's eyebrows rose as Forrest proceeded to dramatically rip his shirt in half. Okay. All right. He was a grown man, he could decide what he wore...

Arcturus expounded on the reasons she had listed... and Forrest immediately found loopholes, most of them involving new ways to commit violence. Rhi just shrugged. "If there are troublemakers trying to undermine us, by all means fight them. But if it's one of your siblings, you should leave it to us to mediate between you. I don't want you killing any of your brothers or sisters."

At this stage, with the eldest kid being a mere teenager and the youngest a literal baby, she couldn't even begin to picture what sort of sibling disputes might arise. But she knew they might occur one day. In fact, it was more or less inevitable. Rhi didn't want it snowballing into something she couldn't control, especially when it came to Anhur. She wanted to nip it in the bud here and now.

Feeling a touch of weakness at last, she added, "And, uh, when you do fight, would you mind bringing home some prisoners of war for your mother and father?" They'd make for good sacrifices.

Just saying.

Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Forrest Dinn Forrest Dinn

It was a shame to see the shirt ripped, it had been one of the first things he'd bought with his own money, at least in so far as clothes were concerned. Still he had given it without stipulations, a gift so to speak, so he couldn't lament its passing too much. Perhaps he'd have to learn how to sew his own, or see if someone in his sphere might choose to dabble in tailoring at the very least.
Just a few minutes into life, and already Forrest was musing about whether or not he ought to train warriors for them. An army so to speak. He pondered this for a moment, before slowly nodding his head. "That would make sense. There will be much need for armed services going forward, as Cities begin to crop up in our realms they will need guards if nothing else." Armies, well, he didn't much want to think about that.
"I have some men in my ranks who can assist, they are veterans of a great many wars. Together they are known as the Rhan-Tegoth; they are my elite troops, but I can set aside specific times for you to pool together your expertise to train a new legion."
As for his siblings? Yes, Rhiannon had made it known that he was not to fight with them but Arcturus took one step further. "You are not a mad dog, son. I will suffer no infighting, between you and your siblings or you and the other True Gods of our Pantheon. You will bring all Godly matters to our attention, as your Dyad, but also as your parents. Do not test me on this. Family is everything to me, and I would see this world and this Pantheon burned to the ground before I saw any of my children fighting. Is that understood?"
It seemed Forrest had not fully understood him when he talked of nation-ending wars. "No outright genocide, I would like both the Shaal and the Zaathri to survive long past our interference here. Thrive even. But wars are inevitable, and we will not keep you from carrying out the will of Anhur."
Should they start now? Arcturus slowly shook his head, and with a wave of his hand began to disperse the various items scattered about the floor which had made up the ritual itself. The salvageable items were piled neatly by the door, while the trash was set in a separate spot. Then he looked Forrest over.
"Tomorrow morning, before dawn" he reiterated, "I want you to take it easy today. We shall bring you to your room in the Sky Temple, and you will relax... Adjust to this new body of yours. You will let me know what, if anything, you immediately require adding to your space."
It was... Strange. Very strange. This was his son, yet it felt more like they were talking with a wayward Apprentice that sought to bit off more than they could chew right away.
A daunting task to be sure, but one he'd happily undertake.

God of War, Steel and Storms
Forrest though on what his mother had said. "No, you're right. There shouldn't be death among our pantheon. I can agree to come to you should there be a squabble. I suppose I should meet my siblings before judging how interactions might proceed."

Forrest smiled at the request. "Of course mother. Those who I don't use for my own purposes are yours to do with as you please." A way to placate the patrons and himself. Everyone would win. It made sense to share in the slaughter.

Yes, this elite group of warriors would be a good start, at least a way to begin training without having to use all his time doing it himself. He would need to get with them and see their abilities once his own training was complete. "a fine idea. We can train entire legions and seperate them throughout the lands, they can then decide if they want to train more or are confident enough to keep only themselves as the warrirors. At least, the squabbles among them would be enriching for my domain." Forrest said with a smile.

"Yes father, as you wish. No infighting within the Pantheon and no genocide. Rules I can happily abide by. As long as I have reign to oversee any war or serious campaign as my domain warrants. One my training and learning is complete I should have first seat when it comes to strategies and warfare. That seems only fair if I'm not to tread on my siblings domains does it not?"

Forrest nodded "I look forward to it farther. I intend to Master as many forms as I am able. All of them should I have the time." Forrest left with them and went to his room his only response when he saw what was already there was one they should have anticipated. "Weapons father. Every form of weapon we have."

Forrest seemed to agree, though it was difficult to tell whether his smile was sincere or placating. She couldn't glimpse his true nature, not even with the Force. Only time would tell what sort of child they had created here.

Arcturus was firm, at least, and Rhi stood in solidarity with him. No infighting and no genocide. Forrest was eager to begin his training, but Arc advised that they wait a day. "Your birth was taxing on us both," Rhi added, wrapping an arm around Arcturus and leaning in to kiss his cheek. "We need time to rest and recover."

The Sky Temple was a magnificent structure built on the highest peak of Zaathru's tallest mountains. Rhi gathered the rest of the family together in the throne room for a formal introduction. All of them were there: the twins Marcus and Eloise, Pharus Dystra , Zachariah Conway Zachariah Conway , Chernsemie Chernsemie . The infant Starlin was handed to Rhi by one of her Zaathri attendants; she cradled him in her arms.

"This is Forrest, your new brother," she announced. "He is Anhur, the God of War, Steel, and Storms."

The twins offered greetings. Pharus did not look impressed.

Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Forrest Dinn Forrest Dinn

Zachariah looked around.

He'd heard the names of all of those in the room with him, he'd even seen some of them around, however this was the first time they'd all been gathered together as one in the Sky Temple throne room. This was the first time that everyone whom Arcturus and Rhiannon claimed as family and members of their Pantheon had been together, and it was impressive.

The young boy hadn't expected the early summons from Rhiannon, he'd been preparing for another day of classes with Arcturus to further explore his connections with the Force. He'd been prepared for another day similar to the rest on Zaathru, peaceful considering everything he had been through. The Shaal had collected him and escored him down to the throne room.

Quitely, he listened as Rhiannon explained whom the new presence was.

Forrest, someone whom Zachariah had never met before. He assumed that he was another whom had been taken in by the Dinn's in the same way he had been. It was a fair assumption, they were caring people who took in the lost and beaten of the galaxy. Arcturus had taken in him in, for example, and was beginning to teach the boy to further his connection to his powers.

"War, okay. I know where to turn in a fight then"

He offered a small grin, happy to be the first to break the silence. He wasn't a fighter, he'd not yet explored fighting with his Master, so having someone to turn to would come in useful. He was already thinking of the many ways that Forrest could become a fairly useful bodyguard, should one ever be required. He hoped he'd have no reason to ask of course, but it came in useful to know.

Arcturus remained quiet as they led their new son through the Sky Temple toward his room. All was sufficient, he claimed, aside from a distinct lack of weapons, and he found himself simply nodding. "You will have your own armory, and attached training room. A bedroom is no place for swinging swords, my son." Not that kind at least. "But you may keep your personal weapons in here. Who knows when you might need them."
Soon the children were being brought together, and he simply watched as the youngsters stared and Zachariah piped up. "I'll be training some of you alongside one another for the foreseeable future" he informed them, specifically looking between the three eldest boys, and Semie. His eyes drifted over to Rhiannon too, though he much more enjoyed training her one on one. She was his beloved, his divine Goddess, and he would not have her sparring off against her own children.
Besides, it would be most unbecoming of them to air her weaknesses like that.
Forrest, Zachariah, Semie, and Pharus. "And you two little explorers," he added, turning his gaze to the twins, "We'll be starting afternoon training in a couple of days. You'll take a small nap afterwards, okay?"
With all of the crazy events as of late, they all needed to know how to protect themselves.
They could not simply stand around and rely upon Forrest entirely.

God of War, Steel and Storms
Forrest smiled at the child not much younger than his own body as the words left his mouth. "That's right brother, and if you'd like to learn a thing or two, you know which door to knock upon. But do so haltingly. I won't make things easy. Forrest matched the comment with a slight wink, and carried on to meet the rest of the family.

The two little ones warmed his heart immediately. Such youth and innocence called to him as even they were technically older than himself merre minutes old, but the knowledge and power that coursed through him spoke of a much different balance. That was the moment he began to wonder about his existence. He was made, not born like the others. Was he even the same? Could he find a love somewhere down the road like that of his parents? Was creators a better word for them? Could be one day have children of his own? Free will and future choices hit him like a hurricane tossing about the ocean. He shook the thoughts away. He had much to research.

He smiled down at the children as they looked at him for the first time. He reached out and lightly poked each on the tip of their noses. "We are going to become fast friends little ones. I can see a pension for mischief in you both." Forrest worried slightly about the feelings he felt so deeply for the two children already. That was an exploitable weakness, one he would need to try and suppress or snuff out completely, but as he looked down into the innocent eyes of the babes, he didn't think the ladder would be possible.

He understood now why they had brought him here so quickly. He was charged with the protection of the Pantheon, of the family. What better way to ensure that than to introduce the feelings of his siblings while his defenses were still non existent. He would need to train his mind quickly. That was the training he would begin today, on his own and as soon as he was able to get that chance.

Marcus' eyes crossed as he was booped on the nose. As his gaze refocused, visions of the Force kaleidoscoped behind the boy's eyes. His sister elbowed him in the ribs, pulling him out of it.

He looked up at Forrest. "Are you my older brother, or my younger brother?" he asked. Forrest seemed like an adult, but he'd only just been born.

"I'm the Goddess of Damara," Eloise announced proudly, tossing her red hair over her shoulder. "Marcus is the God of Dagda. We each get our own moon."

"We'll be starting afternoon training in a couple of days. You'll take a small nap afterwards, okay?"

"I hate naps," Eloise complained. "I don't need a nap. I can train all day long!"

Marcus was growing distracted again, lost in his own little world. He looked over at his mother, then at Pharus as if in a daze. Witnessing things that were to come.

But by the age of eight, he had learned that it was best not to deliver upsetting broadcasts of the future. Instead, he offered up happier news. "We're going to have another baby sister soon," he mumbled. "She'll be Goddess of the Sea."

"Darn it! I wanted the ocean!" Eloise scowled. "Star gets water, Mom gets rain, and now some other kid gets the ocean? It's not fair!"

For the children, godhood was one big game of fantastical pretend in which they fought over who got to be god of their favorite thing. Marcus couldn't help but crack a smile at her misfortune, which earned him a smack from Eloise. He hit her back, so she hit him again, and soon the two were playfighting together, apparently more than ready for their training to begin.

Chernsemie Chernsemie Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn Forrest Dinn Forrest Dinn Zachariah Conway Zachariah Conway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom