Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Healing Waters

Carosi XII
div-orange.png

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Fair enough, you can be the responsible one today," she teased as he playfully nudged into her. Valery then watches him climb onto his board, and inched closer while he summoned the camera. An arm wrapped around her, and she instantly smiled brightly as several pictures were taken. She knew they'd look a little awkward, but Valery never lacked her confidence going into something like this.

Vera was going to just love it.

"Perfect! And do you really think you can talk me out of something like this?" She snickered and poked a finger into his side as if trying to tickle him, before she separated a little.

"Lean forward a bit to get going, and use your rear foot to hit the accelerator!" She winked and, as he likely expected, blasted off down the easy straight path the track started with. A Noble did not go slow, and it showed as she leaned into the first bend and continued.

"First one to the falls!" Of course, she ignored her little head start for it.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"If I wanted to persuade you, I've got a couple ways to get you off that board." He just grinned a far too familiar grin as he let the camera hook back on his waist. Then focused the board underneath him. He tilted on the board tested his weight. Then shot off like a missile without any hesitation in him. He went right after Valery, too large of a grin on his face this time around as he leaned forward, crouched low.

He learned how to surf early on. After his first time at the ocean, he learned on his own. On a hoverboard like this no less, not that he was particularly open about it with most. Just wasn't something that came up.

A Noble did not go slow, after all.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Carosi XII
div-orange.png

Well, that left her blushing but she didn't show him her face and just kept going. Not because she believed she could actually hide anything from him, but just to avoid having to see that grin she felt burning in the back of her head.

Eventually, though, after a very quick start she did look over her shoulder to see how much distance she had created. Only to find out he had launched after her like a bullet, and was closing in fast. Why did he always have to be so good at things she wanted to beat him at? First making burgers, and now even her crazy lava-surfing idea.

"Hey!" Valery called out when he passed her, and after shooting him a glare, she decided on a little trick of her own. With the Force summoned underneath her board, she launched herself up into the air without taking lava up with her. She wanted to fly over him without making it rain molten rock.

So when she did, Valery shot him another dumb grin. Was she cheating? ...no. All of this seemed extremely fair to her. She made her landing on the lava right after, and ended up right beside him after she got her balance again. "Not too late to give up, love!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm not one to give up!"

Lava surfing was certainly different than actual surfing. And dune surfing. But there was something familiar about it. Lava, heated rock. He just grinned as he watched her sail overhead before he, too, reached out with the Force. Similarly under his own board, but that was as far as it went. He pulled on the Lava itself as a rune flashed under him. Earth, movement, acceleration. What was a speeding bullet became a blaster bolt as he instead relied on the manipulation of the molten rock rather than the acceleration of the board itself.

"Especially when it means competing with you, love!"

Carosi XII
div-orange.png

Good, she was hoping that her little challenge would only fire him up and-

"Hey!!"

Valery knew exactly what he was planning and doing as he tapped into the Force. She could practically feel the runes form through their bond, bur could only watch as he took off and left her behind. "That's cheating!" Valery called after him, albeit with a chuckle and the justification to launch herself like a blaster bolt as well.

Kahlil would reach it before her, but they both approached the gigantic falls and as soon as she reached it, she jumped and surged through the air. Once airborn, Valery moved into a handstand and showed off a little, just for her husband alone to see, and went back to standing up straight when she landed.

"Extra points to me!" She called out, as the finish line was getting closer and closer.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No more than you!"

Kahlil snickered lightly before glancing towards her just as she decided to do a handstand. In a Lava field. He fully sputtered into a laugh before shaking his head to focus on speeding to the finish line. Extra points for her indeed, but he was focused on winning. Absolutely focused on wining at this point.

"I'm still going to win!"

Carosi XII
div-orange.png

"Yeah you are!"

Valery grumbled a little, but her expression stayed playful as she followed after him. At this point, she knew that she couldn't beat him to the finishing line anymore. Not without pulling very risky tricks, and she wasn't going to let her competitive spirit push her to that point. It'd either endanger herself or even him.

It sucked to lose to a cheater, but she'd live.

"Not fair," Valery said with a huff and pout, once she made it back to land after crossing the finishing line a second or two after he did. She already knew he'd give her a smug look for winning, so she pretended to focus on picking up her board and putting it away for a few seconds.

"You'll have to make it up to me for it," she then tried with a smirk of her own.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh, I have nothing to make up for I don't think. That little trick you did earlier was quite impressive, for a cheater anyway."

He was, indeed, fully smug and grinning at her as he took off his own board to put it away. "You've got a weird double standard, Miss Noble. I won under your rules, so doesn't that mean I'm the one who should be getting a prize, mm?"

Carosi XII
div-orange.png

"For a cheater, huh?"

Valery inched closer and stopped right in front of him, her eyes searching for his to go into a bit of a staring contest. With a grin and everything on her face. "I just made a show, but you used runes to get faster," she argued but what he said next got her to raise an eyebrow all the way up.

"Is that so, Mr. Noble? What kind of prize are you thinking?" She bit her lip to hold back an even bigger grin, but it was hard not to give in to those feelings. A hand then slipped up against him, and she just looked at him with a smile.

She had really missed all of this.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm thinking.."

He leaned in close, letting his voice drift into a whisper as he did so. He was grinning wide, an all too knowing grin at that, as he let his voice whisper directly in her ear.

"We go out for lunch."

Then he stepped past her, knowing full well how his voice would affect her.

"C'mon then."

Carosi XII
div-orange.png

"I'm thinking.."

Valery's eyes widened, and her heart was already starting to beat much faster when he leaned in. Hearing his deep voice shifting into a whisper caused her breath to hitch, and when he gently spoke into her ear, she blushed. It was only a lunch date, but the delivery had her toes curl up in her shoes.

He knew exactly what he was doing to her mind.

"C'mon then."

Rather than a verbal answer, Valery suddenly hopped onto his back, arms and legs wrapped around him and hoping he'd quickly support her rear a little. "Hmm, a lunch date would be nice. Talk about a few other things that aren't so depressing." She definitely had a few things to discuss with him. But now Valery suddenly leaned in closer to whisper into his ear. "Then I have a great idea for dessert as well."

She could play this little game as well~

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil blinked slowly as he felt her suddenly jump on his back, but he didn't hesitate to hoist her up and keep her propped against him. For him, it was plenty easy to walk around like this with her. And he laughed. Glanced over his shoulder to her as he walked towards the restaurant he had in mind.

"I bet it's full of cream, huh?"

Carosi XII
div-orange.png

As they walked back to the tourist hotspots with restaurants, Valery leaned in close to kiss his cheek. For this entire trip and well beyond, she wanted to show her affection and enjoy every moment with him. After everything that happened, she never again wants him to feel like-

"I bet it's full of cream, huh?"

Valery's whole face turned red instantly, and her grip around him tightened, "I will b- I mean, sure! Or uh... yeahhh." She stopped herself and a soft squeal of embarrassment followed that only faded when they finally reached the restaurant. She was still all blushy and hiding her face against him when a waitress walked over.

"Oh you two are just adorable!" the woman said with a bright smile. "I'll show you a table for two and give you some time to look at the menu. Please, follow me." She turned and after guiding them over, Valery hopped off of her husband's back to sit down, still a blushy mess but smiling lovingly again at the very least.

"Oh yeah, they don't serve alcohol here and they don't like junk food. So I'm going with a salad, and these two XL sandwiches and hmm.. maybe some fruit and-" She stopped, looked up, and realized she was ordering a family meal just for herself. "...I'm hungry and I haven't eaten anything good in a while. So don't judge me," she said with a chuckle.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil just watched with a raised brow as she ordered, but the smile softened as he nodded with a chuckle.

"No no, order all you want. This is for you, love. All of this is for you." He wouldn't have it any other way, personally, but he did want to make sure she felt comfortable enough getting her whatever she wanted to eat. Especially if the world was so much more.. Pure, with their options.

"Alright?"

Carosi XII
div-orange.png

"Alright," she said, this time not with a blush of embarrassment, but a very grateful and affectionate smile. As much as he loved to tease her, he always knew exactly when he should support her as well. Being able to order whatever food she liked was perhaps a silly thing, but she really appreciated it.

Soon enough, the waitress came over and offered both freshly made fruit juices, before taking the rather huge order of food. She seemed a little surprised by it, but no complaints were made.

"So, our talk at the hot springs got me thinking. I'm going to listen to you and take more time off than I first planned. I really need this, so people can just... wait." She chuckled at the idea alone, "But I figured we could also spend that time doing something fun together when we're not doing something with the kids. Maybe... you want to help me with shooting lessons again? We started them but ended up getting busy and I think it'd be fun to learn. From you."

She leaned forward, over the table, and placed her hand on top of his.

"What do you think?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil ate about his own salad, nothing fancy, just watching Valery. Smiling. Enjoying spending time with her. They didn't get many moments like this, so it was always a welcome relief. Always a welcome relief. He did raise a brow though at her request. Blaster training? It certainly was something he could teach her. But she'd always been adamant about her own lightsaber skills. He grinned, squeezing her hand gently.

"I think I'll teach you how to be a spacer."

Carosi XII
div-orange.png

Valery was about to dig into her pile of food like a gremlin, when she looked up to see Kahlil looking at her. He smiled and seemed to be really enjoying himself, which in turn made her smile back at him. As simple as this was — just having lunch together — it felt really nice to just be with the two of them, worrying about nothing and just enjoying life.

With how busy they tended to be, she felt they didn't have enough time for things like this.

"Wait really?" Valery perked up, clearly excited at the idea. "We could take the Bastion, do some shooting practice and you can show me whatever you want about the spacer life!" She grinned and stuffed her mouth full of food, before swallowing it all down at an unnaturally fast pace.

"I also wanted to ask if you could train and spar with me a little more, so I can build up my strength again. So maybe when we leave here today, we can get started with all of that?" She looked at him with a bright smile, and big pleading eyes.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We can do all of that, of course. There's no real hurry behind it all, but it'd be good for you to learn some things more than just being a badass Jedi, huh?" He was teasing, of course, especially with the grin he had on his face, but that wasn't the real focus anyway. Or the truth. He took another bite, chewing slowly before glancing around the area. Chuckling.

"After everything that happened, you're still eager to get out there and get stronger. It's amazing, really."

Carosi XII
div-orange.png

"A badass Jedi, hm?" She smiled brightly, knowing he thought of her that way. Not that it surprised her at all, of course, but she liked hearing these little compliments sometimes. Even if he was teasing her at the same time. "But that would be fun and interesting. I've always focused so much on just being a Jedi, but I want to learn other things too. With and from you." She met his grin with one of her own now.

Learning how to be a spacer was like getting a glimpse into his past too, and she always loved that.

"After everything that happened, you're still eager to get out there and get stronger. It's amazing, really."

Now she did blush just a little, and stopped eating like a gremlin for a moment to smile lovingly and squeeze his hand back. "Of course, I always want to get back up when I fall. I've lost a lot of strength, and getting it back with someone who understands me as well as you do will make it the easiest. You know how far you can and can't push me, and..." she smirked. "You're a lot of fun~"

"So if anything, you're amazing. You always have been for me."

There was one other thing on her mind, but for now, she just looked him in the eyes and melted a little bit. Was she being a silly romantic again? Sure, but after everything that happened, it was only natural.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"A part of me, the selfish part, would rather you not get your power back at all. So I can protect you, so you're not out and about where you can get hurt." Kahlil let out a sigh, frowned even a little. "I didn't hesitate to use the dark to save you. Didn't even cross my mind that I shouldn't."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom