Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He will give the Devil his due

The Acolyte waited for [member="Darth Ferus"] in the fraining grounds. Today, he would receive instruction on Force Barrier, and perhaps something of Makashi. He knelt in meditative posture, waiting on the Sith Lord.

The Darth wouldn't keep [member="Amaethon"] waiting long. Stepping into the room, the red man would stretch out. Dressed in his normal clothing he would offer a slight nod. "So yer lookin for some training then? Got a name?" He would fold his arms over his chest, frowning a bit.

"[member="Amaethon"] eh? At least it's a unique name.." The red mans voice would trail off for a second or two. But his eyes would snap to the boys figure upon being asked a question, a frown forming upon his own face.

"You were waiting for me. What is it you want me to teach?"

[member="Darth Ferus"]

Amaethon could sense Ferus' irritation at his question. However, he had the impression the Zabrak bladesman would be the type to mentally wander. Still, it was always best to tread lightly around a Sith Lord, he had learned. They were as peculiar a group as could exist.

"Force barrier, Lord Ferus," he replied "Perhaps Makashi later."

"Force barriers are pretty simple actually. Though, I'm surprised you don't already know it. Once upon a time they were taught in tandem with lightsaber combat in the Sith days of old. So, yes. Let's begin then. You know how to manifest the force right?" A quick double check to make sure [member="Amaethon"] wasn't some low apprentice. He couldn't teach someone who didn't know how to start after all. Rolling up his nonexistant sleeves, he would hold his hands in front of him.

"I want you to imagine the force flowing infront of you. Feel it, understand it. Then, I want you to halt it. Prevent it from moving any longer, do not let anything go through the force you froze. Imagine it like glass, able to be seen through, but air cannot pierce it." To demonstrate, the red man formed his barrier, it quick and about the size of the average shield. It was a pale purple, shimmering without any outside light.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Yes," Amaethon replied, concealing impatience and irritation at the question.

The Acolyte watched and listened intently as the Zabrak demonstrated. He then imitated those actions and raised an oblong barrier tinged also with violet. He held the barrier a moment then let it dispel. It had been simpler than he had been led to believe.

"Makashi then, my Lord?," he asked.

A rather plain look formed over the red mans face as he watched [member="Amaethon"] . With a slight wave of his hand, he would offer a nod. "Uh, yeah. Sure. Lets continue then. Makashi. Simple, elegant. To put this mildly, I want you to focus on your footwork, yes?"

Amaethon nodded then walked to the center of the courtyard. Drawing his lightsaber, he thumbed the ignition button and began to move through the patterns he had been taught. He paid special attention to the placement of his feet. He made certain to keep on his toes, his center of mass always straight.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Has someone trained you prior in Makashi?" The red man blinked as [member="Amaethon"] went about his own little dance. Ferus certainly hadn't shown him anything yet, but here he was, dancing about. Raising a brow the Darth would more or less wait for an answer, holding his hands behind his back.

The Acolyte froze, lightsaber parrying an imagined cut at his legs. He turned his head to [member="Darth Ferus"] and replied.

"Yes. As a Hopeful. I chose Form II."

Indeed he had, eschewing the other forms to specialize. He felt Makashi was inherently superior to the other styles, precise and efficient where the others were too simple or wasted too much energy. He maintained a working knowledge of Shii-Cho for it's blast deflection but mainly used the Force against non-lightsaber users. Amaethon had some knowledge of Forms III through VII, enough to recognize them at least, though not really to perform them.

There was a rather slow nod from Darth Ferus as he watched [member="Amaethon"] , a slight frown forming on his face. "So, what exactly do you want me to show you then?" It seemed the Darth wasn't really needed to teach, and yet he was asked to do so. It was, ultimately, seeming to be a waste of time. And time wasting was something rather insulting to the red man. His eyes would narrow slightly as he waited for his answer.

Amaethon tilted his head, considering the Zabrak. He sought insight, wisdom of a blademaster. How best to express this in few words.

"Insight. Strategy. Tactics. Deeper understanding. " He decided on, finally.

Perhaps it was best to spar with the Sith Lord.

"Might we...spar?" Amaethon asked.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"A spar?" The Zabrak blinked for a moment, looking [member="Amaethon"] over. He was silent for a short while before a deep sigh escaped his lips. "Very well. I can assist you with a spar." The snap hiss of a saber coming to life filled the air as the Darth pulled free his pale blue blade, letting the unique flat blade brighten up the room. He would keep his stance neutral, simply holding his blade to the side with his feet evenly spaced.

"Come at me then."

[member="Darth Ferus"]

The Acolyte smiled under his mask, sensing the Sith Lord's irritation. He didn't think much of him, but the red Sith would soon change his mind.

Amaethon ignited his curved-hilt and made a formal Makashi salute before coming into a fencers stance. His right side forward, he held his blade out and angled slightly downward. Coming forward, he made a series of jabs to probe for weakness...

Without moving from his spot, the red man brought up his robotic limb. [member="Amaethon"] had chosen to charge in blindly, and lessons come with failure. Bringing the whole limb down, he would go to simply brush the durasteel plated arm against the energy blade. This seemed almost suicidal to some, but underneath the durasteel coating there was a layer of Cortosis Ore. Ore that, when struck by a lightsaber, would turn the blade off, and deactivate it for a while.

Now, usually he wouldn't do this right at the start, but it was important for Darth Ferus to learn Amaethon's weaknesses, and what better way then to surprise him? Push him back would be a good answer. If the red blade of the apprentice touched his robotic limb and fizzled out, he would bring around his blue blade in a quick thrust to the boys open chest.

Otherwise, he would bring the blade around to knock the red blade away and slide his way back with a quick shuffle of his feet. If the arm missed, he would keep to the defensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom