Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply He Pulled First

photo-1525268323446-0505b6fe7778

Beneath the twin suns, the stranger walked, with his big iron on his hip. Covered, though it was, by that leather flap of his black jacket. He walked beyond the harlots, the spicers, the pedestrians and the speeders zooming in between the city streets of Mos Eisley.

His boots, black as his jacket, stepped on sand and spat up dust, though his gait was not one of someone in a rush. His pace was steady, and though his build was tall and heavy in comparison, he was but a stick of tumbleweed in the breeze.

One wrong movement and he’d be blown into the wind. He didn’t hide or deny it and neither did the cantina in the distance. ‘The Oliphant’. Sounded okay, better than some of these other chumps and their establishments anyway, but it wasn’t unheard of for scum to come in for a bite or a drink and then some.

The entrance gave way and in stepped the stranger, quiet as night, shifting eyes left and right, not yet taking another step. He looked across the patrons like a sportsman getting ready for the pitch, and some looked at him, but others were too busy eating, drinking and talking. Then he found him.

Howdy, pardner. His target was in the corner of the cantina, sitting and eating alone, so the stranger approached, below the vocals and guitar from the bar’s ceiling speakers.

“The spaceport's good, fifteen from here but I figure you'll be all right if you leave in the next two minutes.” The stranger said as he pulled out a chair and sat down at the other end.

The other man, a Zabrak in a jacket, looked up. “Well, correct me if I'm wrong, my friend, but you gave me till high noon, right?"

"Yeah. Now you have two minutes."

"You know, I've been coming here ever since I was a kid. Ever since this was old Jawas and old Tuskens and, tell you the truth, I love it here, I really do. I Ioved it then and I love it now, so I'm not gonna leave, so have a meal with me, okay? Ya hungry? I swear, you pass up...this is the best bantha steak in town, I swear to the stars. Much better than that crap we were eating in Metameur, you remember that? I don't know if that was Mandalorian or Mon Calamarian. I don't know what it is but it was crap. Remember that? I hated it."

"I didn't mind it." The stranger shrugged. "I had some fish dish I quite liked. One minute."

The other man smiled as if time had just rewritten itself. "But a second ago, you said two minutes. What...what's going on here?"

"Time flies, huh?"
The stranger laughed.

"You. You're a character. I was telling my friends this morning how yesterday you come to me and . . . "If you don't get out of town in twenty-three hours, I'm gonna shoot you on sight." Come on. What is that? They thought it was a joke. They started laughing."

"You tell them about the man you killed, the way you did it?" The stranger stared. "'Cause I found nothing funny in that."

"Then maybe I should've killed you, huh? Maybe I made a mistake."

"Well, we all have regrets."

"Cut me a little slack here, okay? Does nothing count, that I let you live?"

"Oh, I'm giving you the same consideration right now. You can get up and go. Thirty seconds."

"So, what are you gonna do? In front of all these people, you're gonna pull out a blaster and you're gonna shoot an unarmed man?"

"You're unarmed, huh?"

"Hey, you got eyes." He opened his jacket. "You see a piece on me?"

"Twenty seconds."

"Okay."

"Ten."

"You know what?" There was anger in his tone now. "Seriously, you come in, you interrupt my meal, you won't eat with me. This is bullshit. This is supreme bullshit."

There was a moment of silence, eyes into eyes. Then the Zabrak’s hand came up from beneath the table and a blaster came with it.

-BLAM!-

The Zabrak slumped back, eyes lifeless, a scorch in his chest. Before him, the Human sat, holstered his pistol, and got up, making his way to the bar. Reaching in his jacket, the bartender could glimpse the Sector Ranger badge pinned to it, as a hand came out with credit chips.

“For the mess.” -Click- “Whiskey. Neat.” -Clack- “And a bantha steak. I hear it’s the best.” -Click-

Zad wondered if the bartender would get the reference. For a moment, the latter just blinked.

“He pulled first.” Zad reassured. Not that it mattered. That big time spicerunner wasn’t the first person to get shot in a Mos Eisley cantina in broad daylight. And he damn sure won’t be the last…

Wearing: Liar's Flesh

Armed With: Turncoats

A soft clap would sound in the back after Zad Ruzed Zad Ruzed so thoroughly dispatched his opponent.

"Bravo, sir." came the Coruscant accent of an unusually fit and muscular, tall woman of advanced age with a shock of platinum hair, in a skintight silver catsuit. She was not far from where he sat, merely content to observe the altercation.

Upon hearing her voice, those closest to her realized she was present, and grew visibly discomforted. Others, knowing exactly what she was, got up and walked out.

"Aren't you worried he's got friends? Not that I'm one of them, mind you, but this does seem like it will escalate..." The unusually fit, elderly woman posited.

Sure enough, she saw one Rodian in the back stare at the body, and then go running out of the Cantina.

"See what I mean?" she asked.

Truth be told, the Ranger was in no position to hear anything beside the music above him.
That and the commotion of other patrons going about their business, despite conditions.
Or, rather, well, because of them, given this cantina, like this city, was used to blaster shots.
It happened often enough. Most folks kept eating, drinking, as a Ranger took his own shot.

He knocked back the whiskey, licked his teeth, and patiently waited for his big bantha steak.
A woman sang overhead, voice solid, lyrics liquid, drums like ones made for an army march.
To the Rangers. Ranger Ruzed lifted his whiskey for a second shot as a woman’s voice arced.
It wasn’t the singer’s. What began as a soft clap and ended had cemented that Ranger’s gaze.

The Ranger turned to her at first, then to others who suddenly sprung up and left the cantina.
Great. Run away from the lady. Real smooth. Real rude too. Zad hadn’t. This wasn’t some arena.
He didn’t know exactly who this woman was except that she knew how to fit into that catsuit.
Silver, like her hair, while her face pushed in age but didn’t betray a good-looking gal to boot.

Ranger turned again, drink in hand, as that Rodian ran out the back into the high suns.
There goes another one. “Hope he paid his tab.” The Ranger sipped. “Or no comin’ back.”
That meant one less friend as far as The Oliphant went. “He can go and get his chumps.”
He shrugged. “I got my own friends.” He patted his jacketed thigh. “Wanna drink, ma’am?”

It was a sincere gesture posited toward this woman.
She was evidently dangerous so as to be ran from.
Yet where are a Ranger's manners in this instance?
He ain't a black bunny and she isn't a white rabbit.

Lucretia Lister Lucretia Lister

"Delighted," The Woman said standing up and smoothly walking over to a seat next to him, hips swaying.

"Lister..." The Woman introduced herself. "Lucretia Lister."

(Clip of Bond Theme Plays)

One of the patrons, who was mentally unstable, twitched about in curiosity looking for the OOC music. After a few moments he gave up, as he was the only one in there that could hear it.

"Adventurer, Philanthropist, a couple of other things in between those." she explained, her silvery, fifty caliber pistol secured in a matching silver holster. "Here to retrieve valuable property stolen by unsavory sorts like that fellow you just dispatched."

"And what of you? What brings you to these parts?"

Zad Ruzed Zad Ruzed

“C’mon, bartender, change the song!”
Cried some other drunk guy at the bar.
“Okay.” So the song inevitably changed.
Something something 007: James Bond.

Lister. It kinda sounded like death’s whisper.
Lucretia Lister. Sounded fancy, no mistake.
Whether she was a lich from some grave.
This music was catchy to this here mister.

The patron twitched as four walls closed in.
The Ranger blinked, thinking it appropriate.
Cleared throat. Adventurer. Philanthropist...
Sounded spicy yet it sounded dangerous.

I dig it. The Ranger sipped. Do. Done. Did.
Gaze drifted to her silver holster at her hip.
Or at her wotzitwhozit. Made no difference.
This chick’s shooter was as sexy as this music.

A woman here to retrieve valuable stolen property.
The Ranger lingered on that. From sorts unsavory.
“Business. Justice.” He answered, jacket open at that.
“Mission. Take your pick.” Favorite part. ID in the hand.

“Zad. Zad Ruzed.” The ID tag didn’t lie despite the smile.
The man sitting before the woman was not baring teeth.
Nevertheless, he showed interest in what she’d briefed.
Rodian might bring friends, but maybe in a little while.

“What kinda property are ya lookin’ to retrieve?”
Could be a Sector Ranger was what she’d need.
Could be a Sector Ranger was what she loathed.
Oh well. Zad lit a cigarette and let the smoke blow.

"Business, Justice, and a mission?" Lucretia asked, intrigued, as she stared at his ID.

"Those are some of my favorite things, Mister Ruzed..." She low key purred, her silver catsuit reflective like chromium up close, reflecting everything around her, even Zad's face.

"As for the property..." she said studying his handsome face. "I am currently allied with a medical corporation in the Rimward Trade League known as Bacta-Works of Epica. A shipment of an experimental Spice Based Medication for treating Post Traumatic Stress in Soldiers and Civilians was attacked. The perpetrators killed everyone aboard the Gozanti cruiser. They are hoping to reverse engineer the formula. It's properties do work, and it's non addictive, but unfortunately these same properties can easily be abused in the wrong hands."

"As a matter of fact..." she added, gesturing to the corpse. "I'm pretty sure this guy's friends know where the shipment is. I was actually about to go to their place later on, try to get what I want the sneaky way."

Lucretia glanced out a window.

She spotted four guys, heavily armed and armored, matching in lock step to the bar.

"But then you come along and demonstrate a far more stimulating way of going about it." she purred flirtatiously. "Bacta-Works takes the potential for abusing their medicines and products extremely seriously. More serious than most medical companies do. I'm sure they would be very happy to supply the Sector Rangers like yourself with all sorts of nifty equipment. Medicine is far from their only specialty..."

She glanced out the window. They were on the verge of entering. Other patrons started to panic and leave

"Ah, the locals..." Lucretia joked, voice like velvet. "Full of such charm..."

Zad Ruzed Zad Ruzed

Last edited:
Maybe a few minutes had passed. Maybe it was a jukebox playing a new song. Whatever.
Stranger things tended to just happen in a crazy galaxy where hills of beans didn’t matter.
Whatever that means. Zad Ruzed was content to gaze at his face off of her outfit. Creepy.
His reflected image was a bit. Something was up with this old chick more than clothing.

Her story was certainly something. RTL was known to Zad, but medicine wasn’t his thing.
It seemed to be hers though. PTSD. Medication. Stolen shipment. Retrieve it. Do. Done. Did.
Creases in either person’s face aside, the woman’s eyes held Zad’s gaze while he’s listening.
“Steak.” Came a plate his way but he didn’t bother to taste just yet, content with his whiskey.

None of this, however, was of much interest for one Zad Ruzed aside from being a Sector Ranger.
He had heard enough to do his duty, especially given the medicine, but then things got personal.
“My guy? That right?” He looked over at that corner where a corpse patiently awaited a coroner.
What are the odds of that, old man? Then again, Buck was a thug but a top dog in a spice cartel.

It made sense, less coincidence, that the piece of shit would be connected with such elements.
“You’re welcome.” Zad lifted his drink, offering for her to take her own (if she had ordered one).
Maybe she might’ve interrogated Timmy Buck before a Ranger shot him up but wasn’t fussed.
My kinda gal. At the offer of a reward for his services, Zad offered a shrug. “Huh... Medicine...”

He could probably use it. He tended to get hurt in his line of work. Of course, so did his enemies.
The Timmy Bucks of the galaxy didn’t need much but the perps he put behind barriers kinda did.
“What sorta nifty equipment?” He sniffed, smelling something. It wasn’t steak. “Catsuit, maybe?”
He joked. Maybe. Yet Lucretia turned her head as some of the patrons once again made an exit.

“Yeap.” Zad responded on the topic of charm, shifting an arm.
The flap of his jacket pulled back, he didn’t stand, he just sat.
Hand on the handle of his pistol, holstered, beneath the bar.
The entrance gave way. Four morons entered but hung back.

“There,” pointed a Devaronian toward the cantina’s corner.
“Yep. He’s dead.” Observed the Ishi Tib. No shit, simpleton.
“That’s him.” Devaronian came again. They paced forward.
“That’s close enough.” Zad said. They looked at each other.

“You,” one spoke to the woman.
“Get out of the way or get shot.”
Armed, armored, they paused.
Won’t last long. Zad bit his cig.

Lucretia nodded in confirmation at his pointing out the corpse. And gave a luxurious smile as she thanked him for the drink, taking a sip.

"I'm afraid the Catsuit would be a two for one deal..." She purred quietly as she took out a small folded Catalog of what Bacta-Works was currently selling.

"Painless, non lethal weapons, ration chocolate, Synth Bacta. Hell, they even sell soap..." She explained, smiling as the four entered.

Lucretia took another sip as they demanded she get out of the way.

"Pardon med, Mister Ruzed, this really is a wonderful drink. I'm afraid I won't be able to finish however..."

Like greased lightning she moved, smashing the glass and it's contents into the face of the one who spoke, performing a twirling kick into the one one her left, sending him head first into a support beam and knocking him out cold, the arc of her flying, silver covered leg carrying it into the jaw of another, using the kinetic energy to flip her whole body out of the way of a punch from the guy on the right while the man whose face she had smashed the drink into wailed helpless agony on the floor.

The one guy still standing drew a knife and swiped at her, but the elderly woman, whose catsuit clung so tightly to her body it was seemingly painted on, dodged the swipes expertly, retaliating with swift, timed and rapid blows to his mid cage, before flipping backward in a ballet like manner, kicking the knife out of his hand at the same time and catching it as she landed on her feet, the other guy coughing brutally. But they were all alive. She hadn't even maimed or crippled them beyond what a Bacta Tank could easily fix. She had been relatively nice...

Lucretia slipped a large wad of credits onto the counter of the stunned bartender. Over 7000.

"Terribly sorry for the commotion." she apologized sincerely to the bartender. She went back to the table with Zad Ruzed Zad Ruzed , holding one of the coughing ones up for his scrutiny.

"Would you care to interrogate one, you handsome pistoleer, you?" she asked pleasantly of Zad Ruzed Zad Ruzed

Mr. Ruzed. The words rang in his head more than these idiot gunmen’s did.
It wasn’t the first time someone addressed this mister as “Mister,” but still.
When she said it, he got shivers. Good or bad, well, couldn’t really figure.
The woman couldn’t finish the drink he’d given her. And won’t kill Mister.

Neither would they finish her. He would make sure she wouldn’t get hurt.
A Ranger had a duty to protect more than the elderly, whoever she was.
Not much older than him, surely, with a grin that won’t quit as it curved.
Mr. Ruzed will end the gunmen in an instant. Finished. They’ll be done.

Then, it happened so fast, like lightning, quicksilver, as the lady flashed.
Zad heard a smash of glass, watching as one goon moved backward.
Flew, more like, while this guy’s hand is ready-steady, still on blaster.
Ranger kept his grip at his hip, he didn’t shoot, nope, didn’t unholster.

Moments were seconds in his vision as limbs twisted, arms and legs.
Dayum. Zad cocked a brow at how the silver cat kicked into the head.
By this point, amid an anguished voice, it felt safe to lift whiskey glass.
The Ranger afforded himself another sip—queue a knife and a dance.

Oh man… This chick was as much of thunder as she bit into his ribs.
Fists and kicks, his weapon flipped. Suddenly nobody moved one inch.
“Shit.” Zad blinked as the white ninja approached him with a thug in tow.
“Couple things between adventurer, philanthropist, indeed.” Blew smoke.

Cigarette kept between his teeth, the Ranger rose and sighed at that thug.
Who coughed as a cloud of smoke dissipated into his face. Handsome, huh?
Zad never fancied himself anything more than an old man, despite white teeth.
I was old even at twenty-one. Was just too young, dumb and full of cu— “Go easy!”

Thug pleaded. Zad cocked that brow again, then looked to his left as another stirred.
Right hand at the handle of the big iron on his hip, Ranger refrained from drawing it.
“Don’t get up.” He cautioned one who groaned. “If you get up, then so does my gun.”
No one moved. “You.” Mr. Ruzed looked at Catsuit’s present. “Gozanti make bells ring?”

The thug, upon the mention Zad Ruzed Zad Ruzed made about the Gozanti, could only shrug sheepishly.

"I fethin' knew that job was gonna come back to haunt us..."

Lucretia punched him. Hard.

"It would serve you right if the ghosts of that crew you and your buddies slaughtered started following you around." she growled dangerously, tightening her grip on his neck from behind.

"They said Bacta-Works was more aggressive than most medical Corpos." the thug grumbled. "Should have listened..."

"The MedSpice! Where is it?" she demanded.

"Compound up north, in the Jundland Wastes...few dozen armed security. Sonic Rifles..."

"Sonics?" Lucretia questioned, aged brow furrowing. "Why sonics? Little fancy for your type around here..."

"Jedi come here more and more often." he simply replied.

Lucretia looked up at Zad. "This waste of breath knows more than he says. I can see it in his eyes."

"Maybe if you make it worth it to me, I'll talk." the thug postured.

Lucretia spared Zad a wry glance as if to ask 'Seriously'?

“Oof.” Zad offered at the punch to the other one, cig still lit between his lips, watching the fool from his stool as though he ought to be so nonchalant, and why not? His partner, or whatever, had the scene under control with her fist on the nerf herder. Do. Done. Did.

Another song came on. Jukebox got a mind of its own? The Ranger thought, cocking a brow, thumb on the hammer of his iron, and no need to cock. He turned toward the bar, searching for the bartender, but spotted only an empty counter. It is what it is.

The thug coughed up meat and spilled the beans on where this PTSD medicine might be. ‘Might’. Well, yeah, this was one Ranger who knew torture wasn’t always effective and, while this wasn’t torture, this guy might still be a liar.

Sonics, huh? Hit like a comet to Jedi and Sith and whozitwotzit given they couldn’t be deflected by their lightsticks. Zad thought about that as a hand moved across the floor.

-BLAM!-

It was his pistol’s turn to cough. There was no scream, just a yelp, the bolt striking the floor right beside another guy’s hand to distract from reaching for that blaster.

“Try that again and you'll be counting missing fingers.” Zad reassured, turning his attention to Lucretia’s best friend held by the neck. A waste of breath, she said. Well, she’s got that right.

“Howdy,” the Ranger greeted her friend, his iron resting on his thigh, eyes into eyes. “You ever been to Reyers?”

The thug blinked back like he had just been asked what his midnight snack was last night while he was high.

“Supermax. Sounds like a hair gel when you think about it, but Reyers’ll make you think twice.” Zad sighed. “They call it the Rock. Only outer space surrounds you, first off. Ain’t gettin’ off the asteroid once you get on and no one can hear your voice.”

He glanced side to side, made sure nobody was trying anything funny. “Guards can. They make you strip, give you new clothes, like any other prison, but you still feel naked, exposed, once you’re in your cell. Seven by twelve. Ohhh that Reyers bed is like barb wire, baby. Barely a bucket to piss and shit in. Duracrete walls so thick you’d need a starship cannon to put a dent in ‘em, but you don’t even have a window to see a boat come and go.”

He blew smoke. “They say insanity is what drives inmates to throw feces. Is it, really? Hell, on Reyers, I think the truth is it’s just to give ‘em something to do. Guard looks at you, says: ‘This is the rest of your life’. That box, where no one speaks to you unless it’s time to breathe, eat, sleep. Your entire existence is limited to four walls, a floor and a ceiling, painted green as vomit, isolation, and the only entertainment is yourself, to be honest.”

Flicked ash. “Those guards, see, they get bored too. They’ll come into your room with stun batons. Maybe you think you done nothing wrong, but you did. That’s why you’re in prison to begin with. Be on your best behavior? They’ll maim you anyway. Gotta keep entertained, hey?”

Was the Ranger’s story entertaining his listener?

“I can give you a ticket into Reyers if you want it.” He tapped a finger on his gun. “Then again, a bolt between the eyes might make you feel more alive.” Shrug. “Or you can tell my friend and I everything you know. It’s up to you if you wanna talk or have a quiet time.”

The thug looked at both of them and snorted at the threat Zad Ruzed Zad Ruzed made

"I'll take my chances at Reyers. I know a few of the guards. They keep a cell open for me."

"Oh, that was such a poor answer..." Lucretia observed, hand clamping down on his neck with brutal strength.

"But don't worry. I know just what to do with your sort."

The thug's eyes developed a look of concern as she suggested to Zad that they take a trip...

Later on.

"Aggghhhhh DON'T DROP ME! DON'T DROP ME!"

The thug was dangling over the infamous Sarlacc known as the Pit of Karkoon. It's tentacles stretched out from the center of its toothy maw recessed into the sands. They had taken Lucretia's luxury speeder, silver like her catsuit, and she casually held the rope attached to his leg.

"Zad, I think now, right now, is the perfect time to interrogate him." Lucretia suggested with a smirk as the thug screamed.

Well, damn. Hell. Dayum. An invitation to Reyers prison was one thing. A bolt between the eyes?
That was another thing entirely. Stars alive. Maybe it’s the other way around? Didn’t matter a mite.
Zad Ruzed’s tactics had failed, those of a take-you-in-alive and of a bring-you-in-after-you-have-died.
Not to worry, didn’t matter, because even this idiot didn’t actually know folks at Reyers, Lucretia knew a lie.

“Oof.” The Ranger reflected on the dipshit’s new wound. Before too long, the trio had moved on.
On their way out, Zad had made sure to blast back at the cantina’s exit. It came with a new song.
Cry, more like, at the guy who just didn’t like to listen. There went a few fingers for him to count.
Reached for a blaster to blast the back of him and her but ended up squealing like a pig or cow.

Oh well. The authorities would deal with them and they’d clean up the mess of one Timmy Buck.
“Hoo-wee, Lucre.” Could he call her Lucre? Their passenger didn’t matter. Would have to forget.
If she didn’t want names remembered, that is. “I’d say you got a sadistic streak and then some."
Lucretia was a mysterious figure, no mistaking it, but her skin was steel, suit silver and no sweat.

“Now?” The Ranger blew a cloud of smoke into the wind. “Now’s the time to interrogate him?”
The thug squealed like a stuck pig. A cow was too good for him. “OH LEMME GO OH PLEASE”
Zad enjoyed that breeze. Nothing beat that sandy, dusty tease, like a lady’s fingers on his skin.
“Ya sure you want me to let ya go?” He snagged the rope. Thug screamed. “I DON’T MEAN—”

“Oh? No. Nah. You don’t mean ‘let you go’ as in become that Sarlacc’s next snack.” Said Zad.
“NOOOOOO!” The Ranger sighed. “Coulda done this over drinks in that cantina, but nuuupe.”
“I’M SORRYYY—” Sarlacc sounded hungry. “Gozanti.” He repeated. “And do tell me the truth.”
If eternal digestion wasn’t enough, a pistol included no balls. “Or you fall. Ain't no goin’ back.”

Some thugs were just such, just thus, weak of heart.
However, even the cowards of that bunch were smart.
Had enough intelligence to know when to give in, that is.
If he didn’t? There were other prisoners who would let slip.

"The MedSpice! We took it all! It's all at the compound, all of it! Last I looked, we were still having trouble reverse engineering the formula! Three tons of the stuff! OHH NOOO NOOO DON'T DROP ME..."

"Drop you? How terribly uncivilized." Lucretia replied dryly. "Security we should know about?"

"Like I said! Bunch of guys with Sonic Rifles. Like thirty in total! They got sonic grenades and Thermal Detonators! They got Droidekas too! Y'know, the rollers. Like three Droidekas!"

Lucretia looked at Zad Ruzed Zad Ruzed .

"Just one Droideka is migraine to deal with..." she noted but then added with a smirk.

"And Lucre is a perfectly acceptable shorthand for addressing me." she purred seductively before addressing the thug again.

"We're almost wrapped up, scumbag. Any exterior defenses I should know about?"

"Mines! A whole minefield!" the thug answered. "Sonic mines!"

"Where do we disarm them?" she asked, tilting the vehicle to lower him into the pit more, making him scream.

"Small cave north of our HQ where we set up overwatch! It's got the perfect overlook to the whole place! OH PLEASE DON'T KILL ME. I DON'T WANNA BE DIGESTED FOR A THOUSAND YEARS! AGHHHHHG!" he screamed as a Sarlacc tentacle latched onto him.

"How many entrances to the cave!" she demanded.

"Two! The second entrance is smaller, to the west! AGHHHHHGH! Three entrances to the compound itself!!!"

"If I was working for any other Corpo, your ass would have already gone into that pit..." Lucretia snapped, pulling out her pistol and shooting the tentacle off him.

Lucretia piloted out of the pit, dragging the thug slowly across the sand a bit behind them before coming to a rest. Lucretia hopped out of the speeder and went over to him.

"You're lucky I am in the employ of Bacta-Works." she said sharply before punching him.

"You will be taken into Custody, tried, and likely be executed by firing squad." she snapped at the thug before turning to Zad.

"Zad, let's get this man back into town and see that he is properly locked up...THEN we can plot to deal with his accomplices properly...

Sonic sonic sonic. That word was heard in turn so much that Zad Ruzed couldn’t help but rhyme it in his head with “comet” and “honest” and “chronic” and “vomit” and so on so forth. O’course, he made mental notes of everything else the guy said, from ‘mines’ and ‘three tons of the stuff’ to ‘three Droidekas’, ‘grenades’ and ‘detonators’, ‘three entrances’, ‘cave’ and then came a tentacle to tempt the fool into being dishonest amid sonic sonic sonic.

Hmmmmmm… The Ranger sighed cigarette breath into the whipping wind. Three tons. Three Droidekas. Three entrances. He breathed in clarity; sweet, salty, sour. Lucky number three, maybe? Not for this unlucky thug of an idiot. The prisoner's interrogators held the power, like those who patrolled Reyers.

“Damn,” Zad expressed somewhere in between speech and sentences. Lucre, as she pleased, was a storm and a force to be reckoned with. The Ranger suddenly wondered where he was needed in this interrogation. This chick almost intimidated even him as she effectively questioned their friend.

The kind o' woman to put Jedi mind tricks to shame and no mistake. A pistol coughed but the not-sonic shot did not take testicles off but a tentacle. Nice. To say that he liked his partner in solving crime was an understatement and no mistakin’ it.

“That’s one way to get a tan,” Zad said as their passenger was dragged through the sand under the sun and then some. It was just dumb luck that this thug had decided to resist the Ranger’s words at first to in turn be greeted with a sudden punch after being delivered from a Sarlacc’s stomach.

"Zad, let's get this man back into town and see that he is properly locked up...THEN we can plot to deal with his accomplices properly..."

“Him and all his girlfriends, I reckon,” Zad took another drag. The ones back at the cantina, Timmy Buck, everyone. “But I can’t guarantee this heavily guarded compound will only lead to stuncuffs.” He shrugged. “Sometimes the bad guys just gotta die.”

Whatever Lucre’s response, the dynamic duo were off.

“AW HAYL” Their prisoner cried as Zad shoved him in the back. “WHY YA GOTTA BE SO ROUGH, HUH?”

“Cuz you’re goin’ too slow, amigo.” The trio approached the police station, or some sorry excuse of one. “Ain’t got all day. Other faces as ugly as yours gotta pay, ya dig?”

“I’MA SUE YA. HER TOO. YA KRIFFIN' CHICKENSHITS.”

-SMACK!-

“GAH!”

A slap across his noggin might teach him. If it didn’t, Zad would be sure to punch him like Lucre had done and then some.

“What’s this now, then?” Spoke a lawman as he stepped out upon the sand. He looked about as friendly and trustworthy as Buck’s thugs. Long as he ain’t drunk but willin’ to chew the cud.

“Zad. Zad Ruzed.” The Ranger offered his badge. “And this here feller is your new prisoner.”

"Oh believe me, Zad, I am all too aware that sometimes, blaster bolts solve problems very easily. I can't stop a servant of the law from going action hero, I however, still represent Bacta-Works, and am obligated to uphold it's reputation as a humanitarian organization. You do you, handsome. I won't object..." she assured as they pulled up to the police station and she roughly helped haul out the thug...and brought out a two holodiscs from a machine in the dashboard containing the same recordings of her evidence against the man, one of which she handed to Zad.

"He's been a very naughty boy." Lucretia added. "Exceptionally naughty."

The sheriff eyed her. Unlike, Zad, who was impressed, facing eldritch horrors were common enough in these parts that he was not at all taken in by Lucretia's gorgeous, curvy athletic figure, and the back of his mind instantly told him something was terribly off about the woman and her seemingly painted on catsuit that creepily reflected everything around it.

He kept his distance, despite her friendly smile, and in fact made an excuse to get closer to Zad, masking his absolute terror as he casually eyed the thug.

"Yeah. I ain't surprised this garbage did it...matter of fact we got his friends in lock up..." he said quickly. "Even the Hutts won't protect him..."

"See to it they don't." Lucretia advised politely. The Sheriff was quiet. The thug looked between the pair."

"I'll take him." The Sheriff spoke, eager to get away from Lucretia and doing his best to hide it.

As he hauled the thug off, Lucretia called out to him: "Get ready to have more guests in lock up!"

The Sheriff could barely conceal his terror of her as he hauled the thug inside.

"Locals. Such an unfriendly bunch...oh well..." Lucretia sighed heading to the back of her silver speeder.

"So Zad... what's your fancy. Silent? Or Loud?" Lucretia asked as she popped open the trunk, pulling out two Capture Pistols with diamond studded holsters.

"Either way I'm going to look fabulous." she chuckled confidently.

Inside the trunk were a number of quite deadly but perfectly legal to own weapons for Zad to pick out...

Zad would admit that he hadn’t quite gotten it. He’d seen enough anomalies in his experience.
From brown-robed monks with laser swords to those with black robes; from intelligent to idiots.
It wasn’t everywhere on Tatooine he’d seen a shiny silver catsuit, maybe, but this was different.
Either his ‘partner’ already had a reputation on this planet or, eh, of her figure he is too taken in.

A man could easily be blinded by the eyes of a woman, never mind her figure; fact, no mistake.
Whatever the case, this Sheriff knew something that the Ranger didn’t, if more than her curves.
Tabling it, Zad stiffened his lips as if to nod in satisfaction that the others had been taken away.
Locked up, to be specific, and even the Hutts wouldn’t protect him. Good. It’d make shit worse.

After all, a pair of Ranger and Bacta-Works had a whole fortress and then some to take care of.
Lucre advised politely while Zad counted the ‘lawmen’ and their shooters. Wasn’t much to trust.
Then again even if they're thugs with badges they had some sense. She isn't to be messed with.
She proved she could punch but those diamond holsters offered another punch from her guns.

“A proposition, huh?” In that moment, that rough and tumble Ranger could do with a proposal.
“I like to be heard.” He shrugged, pulling his TM-357, similar to a RSKF-44, but no tech creation.
Not yet, anyway. “Long as I have my Proposition.” Only di’kuts named their guns, said someone.
Ruzed didn’t care. His pistol ventured with him everywhere. But another blaster was his betrothal.

“Then again,” Zad said as he lit a cigarette, pulled out a rifle and slung it over a shoulder.
“Thirty guards…” Cig ‘tween lips, he breathed. “Three droidekas…” Took grenades in turn.
“Sonic rifles, detonators…” He had his backup pistol and knife. “Two ways into the cave…”
Damn. Who the kriff is this chick? That’s a missile launcher. “Where you get this, anyway?”

"A girl like myself picks up things in her line of work..." Lucretia answered proudly. "A trophy weapon here, a trophy weapon there..."

"But that's a story for another time..." Lucretia purred playfully. "Let's get this show on the road..."

One hour later.

The drive had taken a tad longer because Lucretia had stopped five minutes to survey the site ahead with a small electrotelescope. The cave was part of a natural rock spire with a balcony carved from it at the top.

"We should hit the cave first. Remove their ability to trigger the mines and then we can figure out either someway to lure them outside or then plot our way inside..." she explained as she continued her piloting, though once she was in eyesight range she activated the built in jammer, approaching from the blind side of the balcony, parking behind a rock and hopping out, pulling out her pistols, as there were too many tall rocks jutting from this side of the area to approach safely with it.

"I move fast. Hope you can keep up, Handsome." Lucretia said playfully as she went ahead through the obstructions, spotting a sentry ahead, playing cards.

Lucretia pulled out her pistol and shot him right in the face, the non lethal blaster bolt having reduced noise and flare as it traveled, smacking him right in the forehead as he tumbled from the folding table he had been stationed on, out cold. The sound of him falling however, drew the attention of his friends who rushed out of the cave to tend to him, only for one to spot Lucretia in full sprint towards them, doing a baseball slide as one raised his rifle and completely knocking down before she flipped back up, silver covered legs swinging into jaws, pistols firing in unison. Within seconds all three were down, knocked out, and Lucretia waited at the mouth of the cave for Zad Ruzed Zad Ruzed .

"Would you care to initiate the next dance? I simply must compare notes." Lucretia requested, ready to back him.

"Ready when you are."

Rocket launchers. Detonators. Neither really fazed the Ranger. Zad Ruzed accepted her answer.
He didn’t need to see licenses or permits, not for this mission, whatever Lucre’s claim on legality.
She said she picked up things, trophies, here and there, chocolate brown eyes giving a silent wink.
A Ranger’s main concern, however, was whether they had the weapons for the mission. She purred.

Show on the road. Zad could dig it. An hour later, the desert suns in his vision, a Ranger squinted.
Electrotelescope, macrobinoculars, whatever served to peer yonder. Zad both stared and listened.
Lucre had indubitably mentioned making their way to the cave instead of the front center entrance.
“I dig it.” Zad responded. The caves would be guarded but not as much as the front doors expected.

Time passed. The Ranger’s partner mentioned she moved fast. She had already proven it.
With fisticuffs, wit and then some. She was as intelligent as she was dangerous. Is that it?
Maybe that was his missing piece, what others seemed to see beyond garments so silvery.
Whatever the case, he clicked his teeth. “I can mosey, baby.” His own big iron at the ready.

The caves were a great way to infiltrate. The mines were one thing besides the droidekas.
There were only three between thirty guards with rifles, grenades and thermal detonators.
Zad put his thoughts away, Lucre went ahead toward the guard playing cards. Oh mama…
Lucre didn’t wait. She didn’t play. Bolt right to the face. A risky endeavor. Cue the blasters.

All the while, the Ranger had hugged a rock wall, keeping a distance, letting his kitten dance.
She wasn’t his, he wasn’t hers, though they were each other’s as a temporary team at least.
Maybe it means something in poetry, but Zad isn’t really poetic, and neither is his Proposition.
Three enemies were down in seconds. So thirty means twenty-seven? The Ranger counted.

He spotted one victim of Lucretia’s own proposition groan. Stun setting. Mm-mmm... Dangerous.
He might’ve just as surely killed them but he appreciated the non-lethal attempt of preservation.
“Ain’t much for comparison after this,” Zad hinted. He moved ahead to join her at cave’s mouth.
“Minefield won’t get activated now,” he stated. “But those three droidekas are at the compound.”

Guarding front entrance. It made sense in retrospect. “Well,” Zad sighed. “Here’s what I reckon.”
He holstered his pistol and unslung his rifle, checking it. “We got a beeline for the side entrance.”
It fit his grip. “You’re a woman proven of precision,” he grinned. “So cover me, lady. I’m headin’ in.”
He did not wait. Didn’t delay. If things went south, Zad would need someone to cover him anyhow.

So he tossed Lucre his rifle if she didn’t already have one.
Zad Ruzed preferred his pistol anyway; that smaller gun.
He will negotiate his way across rock, sand, then some.
Maybe Lucre wanted to follow him but no proposition.

If not, Zad made his way steadily for that side entrance.
There was a guard at the door, another along a catwalk.
A catsuit would sing that guard tunes within this minute.
Zad had to keep from being spotted so he hugged a rock.

"Eight o'clock," he signaled.
Lucre would have her visual.
Zad waited for a blaster pop.
Only then would he move on.

Lucretia caught the rifle Zad Ruzed Zad Ruzed tossed her.

It was hefty and had a stun setting. Lucretia, still bound by Bacta-Works mandates headed to the section of the cave that allowed her to better cover Zad's approach. She spotted him, signaling to hit the ones in his way.

With a practiced professionalism, Lucretia held her breath and fired twice, hitting the guard in the head and knocking him out cold, then immediately sniping the second guard in Zad's way. A third came out to investigate and Lucretia shot him twice also.

"I think you're good, Zad. I'll join you shortly. I can't do any more good from this position. Besides, you're much more delightful up close..."

Lucretia began sprinting to his location. This was going to be fun.

When she reached him, she grinned.

"Let's show these bastards why crime doesn't pay. Ready when you are."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom