Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle HAVOC-Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
mobile_artillery_mk01_by_balance_sheet-d4htryr.jpg
H.A.V.O.C
Heavy Artillery Verified Ordnance Carrier

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: A semi-stationary heavy ordnance carrier
  • Image Source: Deviantart
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Black Flag (Prior permission received from [member="Darth Abyss"])
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: The Sith Ascendancy, Closed Market otherwise
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Quandanium Steel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification:: Heavy Walker
  • Role: Artillery ordnance vehicle
  • Size: 7 meters tall by 8 meters wide
  • Weight: 70 metric tonnes
  • Minimum Crew: 1
  • Optimal Crew: 2
  • Propulsion: 8-legged movement
  • Speed: Slow
  • Maneuverability: Low
  • Armaments: Moderate
    ​4x Rocket pod launchers
  • 2x Large self propelled artillery launchers
  • 1x Mounted heavy blaster on the bottom of the Pilot's cockpit

[*]Defenses: Average
  • ​1x small point defense cannon, designed to shoot oncoming missile out of the air

[*]Squadron Count: Around 4
[*]Passenger Capacity: N/A
[*]Cargo Capacity: No designated cargo space, hooks on exterior for backpacks
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Pilot ejection system
  • Self destruct mechanism
  • Self contained environment
  • Coordinate based firing system - Self propelled shells can only be shot with prior aiming
Strengths:
  • Fire power - This thing packs a hell of a punch in the right hands, skilled pilots can control all weapon systems at once for maximum efficiency
  • Tracking capabilities - Missiles and point defense system can track onto targets
  • All terrain (Mostly) - The 8-legged movement enables most terrains to be covered
Weaknesses:
  • Firing system - The vehicle's coordinate based system makes it very difficult for unexperienced users to make sense of how to fire it
  • Slow - This was never designed for speed. If it isn't being transported by a larger vehicle, you can expect it to take several hours to get into a suitable firing position.
  • Maneuverability - It cannot actually fire the self-propelled shells unless it roots its legs into the ground, or is on a flat surface
  • Firing arc - Most of the restriction is simply based on its design. If it wants to shoot, the target needs to be facing it
DESCRIPTION

Following the fall of Malachor, Black Flag immediately set out to create a heavy artillery vehicle capable of shelling targets from miles away. Introduce the HAVOC-Alpha, the first prototype for such a design philosophy. Knowing nothing but, add more guns with a skilled pilot. In doing that, they unknowingly fell into the trap of having a fairly situational weapon be very expensive. Auto-targeting systems on the point defense quickly drove the price up, along with the huge carcass. If you destroy your model, you're most likely being set back a few thousand credits. In its current state, it is very limited, with the only way of obtaining such a model to either be included in field tests or steal it from the manufacturing facility, which is, of course, no easy task.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Serenity Loveheart"]

Hi there, I don't see any huge issues with this just one thing;

Serenity Loveheart said:
Size: Large

I know the Template doesn't state it explicitly, but could you add some rough dimensions? Like is as big as an AT-AT(20m) or just a AT-ST(9m). Just a general size so people know when they RP against/with it :)

Alric Kuhn said:
[member="Serenity Loveheart"]

Hi there, I don't see any huge issues with this just one thing;

I know the Template doesn't state it explicitly, but could you add some rough dimensions? Like is as big as an AT-AT(20m) or just a AT-ST(9m). Just a general size so people know when they RP against/with it :)

Sure, I'll just edit in the dimensions [member="Alric Kuhn"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom