Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Have some downtime

Mira Ashikaga

M

Objective: Have fun?
Tag: Amina Denau Amina Denau

Mira was never the biggest fan of her job. But, she knew better than to try and waste time filling in places that were already taken by her brothers. So, she'd rather do what she could. That ended up being probably one of her least favorable positions, combat. She trained hard, and still practiced daily, to ensure she was as capable as she could possibly make herself.

Thus, today was a blessing. Nothing special, nothing work related, just a party. A local one that she'd heard of. It wasn't necessarily massive, some semi-rich people. There was a band on the stage, a bar that was quite long, and plenty of floor room with tables, and a dance floor. Mira herself was rather averagely dressed. The host had already hired guards thankfully, and they didn't seem to poorly prepared either. She even noticed quite a number of cameras. But they and the security itself was discreet enough to not really bother anyone. It was quite nice what all they'd done with the place.

She was just here to cool off, have a drink, maybe a dance, have a chat and socialize. Just take to whatever happens, didn't really make much difference to her at the moment. She wanted to leave the planning out of it, just this once. Not be the guard, or the enforcer. Just another party-goer.

Hopeless.

Hopeless was the only word Amina could think of to describe her current situation. Exiled from her home world, from her family and friends... her people. She had no money, no home, no plan. The shuttle that took her from Raamen had brought her to an unfamiliar planet. One so unlike the world she grew up in. Here, things were built for purpose, rather than beauty. Buildings were built high into the sky to fit more people within. Vegetation was scarce. It all felt... different. Amina tried to find things to appreciate in these new surroundings... A feeble attempt to adjust her attitude. Crowded living meant she could hear life, laughter, coming from all directions. New smells wafted towards her senses from food carts selling things she'd never tasted, mouth watering things. This world gave her a sense of possibility, like any dream you had might actually come true.

Just as she started to be filled with a new sense of vigor, the blaring of a horn snapped her back to reality. She looked around and realized she had walked through an intersection. She waved sheepishly at the angry driver and hurried out of the road. "Focus Amina, you're going to get yourself killed when you've only just arrived." At that moment it started to rain. "Of course it's raining." She hurried down the road looking for shelter from the sudden storm.

She found herself at the entrance of a nicer looking club, she could hear laughter and music coming from inside. She hurried past a security guard who eyed her with a raised eyebrow. "What must I look like?" she mused. Knowing she likely didn't look her best, she found the nearest bathroom to access her appearance.

After a few minutes of damage control she stepped out into the party. Amina was in her element now. She was practically raised in stuffy parties with even stuffier people, royals and nobles who wanted nothing more than to have superficial conversations and brag about their wealth. This party seemed to have it's fair share of money in attendance, though, these people seemed to have business wealth than royal wealth.

She needed to start building relationships with people like this, people who could help her become established. She may have nothing now, but years of training to run a kingdom must count for something. The rough plan she was formulating in her mind included the following:​
  1. Achieve some sort of notoriety or power through some unknown business venture or government.​
  2. Gain a substantial amount of wealth and power.​
  3. Overthrow the Raamen monarchy (I.e. her parents)​
  4. Regain her rightful place on the throne.​
Four steps. Only four steps to be back where she belonged. This party seemed like a good first step. Make friends with the people who have money and power so she could learn to do the same. "Here goes nothing." Amina began making her rounds around the room.

Mira Ashikaga

Mira Ashikaga

M

Things were goings, well, as expected. Nothing really special or exciting but nothing really bothersome. She didn't mind that, that was about what she was here for anyway. Still, doing nothing always had that slightest nagging feeling of wasted time. The frustrations of wanting calm but not being useless.

She tilted her head as she saw someone rush in and head to a bathroom immediately. She didn't bother with it, much. Though she did start to wander to herself sipping from a drink, Could she be hiding weapons? Could she be trying to hide something? Or herself? Mira glanced towards the doors for anyone that looked to be searching, then chuckled, That's not your job right now. Shut up and enjoy yourself. Could come up with a reason to be suspicious of just about everyone here, a bartender that's a little too slow could set you off. Chill out.

The Ashikaga tried to move on, chatted a bit with some people. Just common chitter chatter, she was relatively aware of the business side of things, especially when it had to do with its practical aspects. She might not be the actual show runner, but she made sure that she knew enough to spot problems as she was very much involved in making sure things ran smoothly when they hit the ground. Or space routes.

Eventually she noticed the woman again, she fixed herself up well. She was moving around the room quite comfortably. Her original haste seemed to have vanished. Could have just been just a momentary problem then. That, or good acting. Some people were just like that. She waited till she was nearer and chose to approach offering a smile and nodding her head to her,
"Greetings, seems like you're quick to get yourself known? I'm Mira Ashikaga by the way." A simple greeting, she wasn't in a rush, nor was she trying to press her too hard.

After making her rounds for a few minutes, Amina felt her spirits lifting. This was where she was meant to be, among people with like-minded ambition. Forming bonds, making deals, negotiating... These were the things she was raised to do. It felt good to be in her element, even if it was in a club rather than a royal court.

A parched tongue brought her to the bar for a refreshment. "Your best emerald wine, please." She smiled when the bartender placed her drink down in front of her. At that moment a woman approached her.

"Greetings, seems like you're quick to get yourself known? I'm Mira Ashikaga by the way."

"Hello Mira, I'm Amina Denau of Raamen. I suppose I am eager to become known. I am away from home for a while and looking to start some business ventures, make some contacts."

She hoped that answer was just vague enough to avoid conversations about her recent exile, hopefully news pertaining to Raamen didn't travel this far into the galaxy.

"What line of work are you in Mira?"

Mira Ashikaga

Mira Ashikaga

M

She let out a hum, Raamen, she wasn't too familiar with that planet. And most she knew didn't reference there home when giving introductions. Unless they were politicians or nobles. She added that she was in fact on a mission of sorts, fair enough, this wasn't a bade place for it. Mira nodded as she spoke and then took in a breath thinking about her own line of work, "Depends I guess. Technically, security for the Ashikaga Group. Not what I would have chosen personally, but my brothers kind of took the good spots and I didn't feel like just staying on the same ladder. Pharmaceuticals, weapons, entertainment, guess we do quite a bit. Naturally I don't personally get involved in everything. But I get around."

She shrugged, "It is what it is. Anyway, what brings you from Raamen? Noble? Politician? Most people don't refer to their home when introducing themselves unless there's a lot of them or they're high ranking." Mira said voicing her thoughts, "Probably chose a fairly good place though. I'm not in charge of the money moving but I'm sure plenty of people here are. And the Elysium Empire seems to have plenty going on."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom