Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have a drink with me (Open)

It had been a long couple of months. Hopping from one rock to the other, basically just moving and grooving. Cait was tired of the freighter business, but she knew that was all she had. Retirement pensions from the Royal Marines were getting eaten up by diplomatic and budget troubles.

Figures.

The ex, General kept her cool though. After a long flight to Sullust she'd come back and taken leave from the Naboo Trade Company. Today she was dressed down as normal, but with her captains badge and credential tucked into her pocket. She didn't feel like explaining herself so she'd chosen a bar far off the main drag.

You could call it a hole in the wall. And right this second she was enjoying a beer, having a game of darts with a Rodian and forgetting all about the fact that her next job was days away and whole lotta parsecs from the verdant green fields she called home.

"Nice shot son!" She said, as the Rodian scored another bulls eye.

"You like that?"

"Yeah yeah, hold my beer guy, watch this!"

She passed her beer off, stepped up the line and tossed her first dart....

Naboo was beautiful this time of year. Viktor liked to visit as often as he could to enjoy the sights. After taking advantage of a little exploration Viktor stopped by a local watering hole. Viktor ordered an Ale from the bar before walking around the room taking in who was around. It did not take him long to catch sight of a game of darts. Viktor chuckled. His was more of a Pazaak and Sabbac player but he had decent aim.

Moving over towards the group in a measured pace he watched a few throws before he interject just after [member="Cait Sandusky"] took her shot.

"Anybody got next?"

Viktor wore a polite smile on his face to go with the nice suit. A look that was he usual default no matter where he went in view of the public eye. Having just finished with the negotiations between the Commenori and Yutani governments he could use a little bit of time to kick back.

[member="Viktor Alexander"]

She grinned, looking him up and down. His suit said money and she liked money. Though she worked real hard for hers and she hadn't much to spare. Still the casual suave of the man enchanted her and she nodded. The darts had all gone bullseye, which was really just a lucky fluke. She'd slaughtered her Co-Pilot.

"Pay up fool."

"Feth you Cait."

"Take a number my guy."

Calvin grunted and slapped a hundred credit chip into her palm. She wrapped Viktor around the waist.

"You do Darlin' fifty creds down and a drink on me. Oy baretender, we need three more beers dude!"

"Got it!"

Viktor chuckled.

"Now that is hardly worth the effort. Five hundred credits and a bottle of Corellian Ale."

Viktor took a sip of his drink giving Cait a smirk. If you were going to gamble then gamble. Nothing was worth doing unless you had something to lose. At least that was how he looked at it. Then again he had always had an addictive personally. Booze, gambling, women, and high stress adrenaline fueled recklessness. It was not worth living unless you truly felt alive.

Viktor reached out grabbing and hand full of darts and turned back to [member="Cait Sandusky"] practically daring her to take the bet and yet not saying a word. What was the look on his face? Was it confidence or arrogance plastered all over it?

Arrogance beset the man. But she liked it none the less. It was a face she'd seen many times back when she was a Brigadier General for the Royal Naboo Marines, and a weakness she hoped to exploit. Among other things.

"Alright then, bet."

She reached out her hand to shake his as their beers arrived. Since he didn't want his she took it and shot-gunned one. It spilled and foamed everywhere but the beleaguered captain gave two feths. It was shore leave and time to turn up to the max.

"This guy wants Corellia's finest Devin, you got that?"

"Sure thing hun."

She slipped him twenty creds. It was her penance for being such an animal in his bar, and he accepted her because she tipped well. Service workers gotta live too right?

"You take the first shots dude."

Viktor shook his head looking at his drink in his hand and called out to the bartender.

"The bottle please unopened and two shot glasses."

Viktor didn't shake her hand. After all a moment earlier her arm had been around his waist. They were way past hand shakes.

"Viktor..........my name is Viktor. Now anybody can hit a bulls eye once or twice. That takes very little skill. Can you do it consistently and under pressure."

Viktor smiled.

"The game is simple. Only the bulls eye counts. After each dart you take a shot. First one to miss loses the round. Best out of five rounds wins the game. Loser pays up."

Viktor didn't wait for a response. Instead he simply took a single dart and threw it hitting home. Turning to [member="Cait Sandusky"] he smiled opening the bottle pouring a shot and downing it.

"Your turn."

Viktor winked at Cait before handing the server a stack of credits to cover the bottle of ale and then some.

"Ok too easy."

He had a good first shot. She was getting a little buzzed. She took another sip and then stepped up to the line. He was pretty good, but she did this night after night. This was her routine, her living. Most folks only scratched the surface. She'd made an art of it.

"You ain't ready for this dude."

Then she tossed it. It spun in a spiral and then struck dead center, knocking his free.

"Score!!!!!!!!!!"

Viktor poured a shot from the bottle of Ale and held it out to her. After all the rules were throw and then drink. Her comments amused him. Not because they were funny but that they proved she didn't have a very good grip on what was happening.

"Perhaps not but are you? Ready for this? Now drink."

Viktor smirked looking around the Cantina. The outburst [member="Cait Sandusky"] made when her dart hit the board attracting the attention of a few of the other patrons close by. There was more going on than just a game of darts even if his opponent had not yet realized it. Maybe she never would. It didn't matter to Viktor either way.

He picked up a dart and lined up his shot letting the dart lose to hit home. Then he turned and poured a shot from the bottle looking at Cait as he downed it. Unlike his opponent Viktor's demeanor remained calm and collected. Uttering not a peep when he threw or when he drank. Calm and pressure and a really good poker face were skill sets that were worth more than a Fleet of Star Destroyers. After all Star Destroyers could be built and replaced. People with Viktor's abilities were much more rare.

"Alright I see you."

She drank, taking a shot and getting ever more tipsy. Yea it was time to lay it down on the younger man now. When he stepped back she stepped up. Except in in this case she missed, throwing a flyer. Then her lips pressed thin and she cursed.

"Feth."

She took another shot.

"Your turn, fly boy."

Viktor chuckled.

"Flyboy? Should I start calling you bar girl since even though you actually know my name but I don't know yours?"

Viktor smirked turning back he grabbed a dart and threw it. The dart embedding perfectly against the line separating between his target and then next spot over a hair breath from hitting the target. Almost as if he missed on purpose. If one could believe missing that accurately could be an accident. He poured himself a shot and downed it turning back to [member="Cait Sandusky"] with a smile.

"Oh dear it seems I missed. It looks like you may win this round with just a single throw."

Viktor smiled taking a step back and turning to the small crowd.

"Gather around folks...............gather around. It looks like the game begins now. Side bets................get in your side bets. The local favorite against the dashing rogue. Hero versus villian. The game is tied one round a piece. Your local hero can still pull off a win."

Viktor plays to the crowd as Cait moves up to make her throw. Viktor taking advantage of the combination of years of hard partying and the fact Cait probably started drinking a good hour before he did.

She smirked and poured another shot.

"Nah, Flyboy and Bar girl will do for now. Beat me in this game you can get my name."

Then she turned as the crowd began placing bets. It was a normal night gone super party. Folks were just getting off their shifts at the docks and factories and were beginning to stream in. Most of them were sopping wet, since it was down pouring out. Yeah it was a perfect night to get drunk.

And maybe Viktor would be the lucky guy to take the Captain home. Maybe not.

"Here goes."

She threw her own dart, and it hit, but only just so.

"Wow I'm getting worse at this."

She had been drinking. But several, several hours before Viktor.

Viktor smirked walking up to [member="Cait Sandusky"] leaning in close and whispering.

"Your name is not that important. There are plenty of games that can be played without knowing it."

Viktor lingered for another few seconds before he taking a step back and swinging around. In one fluid move it picked up a dart and slung it home. Completely a full spin facing her again he smiled.

"Ruh Roe."

Viktor poured another shot for himself downing it as he turned to the crowd. Shouting to the bartender Viktor upped the ante a bit.

"Bartender........... a round of shots for the bar on me."

Plenty of games eh? She chuckled. It looked like he had won.

"Well here's your creds. Let's grab a table dude. Names Cait, Cait Sandusky of the Millennium Hawk. Rip off I know right?"

She pulled out a seat for the both of them whilst Calvin went off in the deep end, going after some fresh new ladies.

"So where ya from Fly-Boy? Or do you prefer Viktor. What's your story?"

She had brought the shots, and took another. Then ordered a beer and sat back sipping.

Viktor shook his head.

"Throwing the towel in already?"

Viktor turned to the crowd paying off the debts himself for the people that bet against him before settling into the seat across from Cait. After all good will is often more useful than credits.

"Keep the credits I can live without them."

Viktor grabbed the bottle they had been using during the game and refreshed his glass the shots no longer need.

"Well Miss Sandusky my story is not all that impressive. I am fourth generation military with a knack for politics and partying. I travel around from world to world giving advice, negotiating deals, and making friends. And please call me Viktor."

[member="Cait Sandusky"]

Military. That word brought a horde of flashbacks for her. She grinned tipping the beer bottle and draining its contents. So he looked like a pilot. So was she, maybe they could swap some stories. Or maybe it was just a ruse?

But why would anyone wanna trick me? I mean I'm Cait, the normal citizen.

"Which service then? I'm retired myself. Naboo Royal Starfighter Corps, and the Royal Marines after that."

"Navy...........my father is a retired Captain and Academy Commandant. My great grandfather was an Admiral."

Viktor sipped his drink.

"I am technically on a reserve status as part of an Officer exchange program. I mostly do corporate and government negotiations for the moment. Admittedly I haven''t been on a bridge in a military capacity in a little over a year."

Viktor turned as another patron walked up to him. It made him smirk to see the way she acted. It was after all rather bold to infringe on the conversation of a Royal Marine regardless of which planet the Marine was from.

[member="Cait Sandusky"]

The newcomer was welcomed in by Cait. She simply waved and cracked the top off her next beer.

"Hmm I was Brigadier General in the Royal Marines. Got kicked off the Starfighter Corps. Higher ups didn't like the way I reefed on their birds and such. Now I just fly Freighters and live off my pension, though that's drying up quick. Good 'ol budget cuts for the GA war effort. Which faction are you a reservist for? Seen any action?"

Viktor laughed.

"With that habit of the dude's and Flyboy's uttered every other sentence I can image. Not exactly good for career stability."

He took a ship of his drink.

"Faction? I don't deal with factions. Only Governments and Corporations. My last combat assignment was back at home.....planetary defense fleet. My last advisory role was on Yutan with a pending assignment on Commenor. Though that one is in limbo seeing as Commenor is a Monarchy and Monarchs are usually wary of outsiders."

Viktor shook his head.

"Nobody in their right mine does budget cuts to military spending with the Galaxy in turmoil like it is. However I guess the Alliance believes they are too big to be challenged so why worry."

He chuckled.

"I bet the Republic and One Sith felt the same way and look where that got them."

[member="Cait Sandusky"]

"Yeah you are right. Though I don't think its a GA decision. I'm guessing it comes down more from the Naboo Monarchs. They are cutting retirement benefits to keep the force modern. Which is dumb but whatever."

She was unfamiliar with Yutan, the Coalition and some of the other agencies he mentioned.

"Tell me about Yutan and this Coalition?"

Viktor chuckled.

"I could no more speak about anything discussed between the Yutani government and I or the Commenor government and I than you could about some of the more high risk missions you lead or planned with the Royal Marines or the Starfighter Corps."

Viktor took a sip of his drink.

"What the respective governments I have worked with or will work with in the future decide is safe to be made known I am sure they will release in public addresses as they deem fit."

Viktor smiled.

"Lose lips sink ships Miss Sandusky and Officer to Officer you well know such things we do not do."

[member="Cait Sandusky"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom