Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hardly the Business I'd Worry About | Private

Nx4EL6j.png

a weekend in the country, what a horrible plot

Red Lotus Offices | Nar Shaddaa | 1749 Local Time

Isobel Nakano was damned tired of spreadsheets. It seemed like no matter what business she was running, it all boiled down to spreadsheets. Tracking people across assignments? Spreadsheets. Ordering supplies? Spreadsheets. Ensuring the delivery of products to the correct locations? Well that was a sophisticated network of logistics -- no, just kidding, spreadsheets again.

A knock at the door drew her attention from the spreadsheets, and Isobel rubbed her eyes with her fists briefly before she called out: "It's open." An assistant entered with an armful of folders and approached the desk. "What's all that?" Isobel asked, regarding the folders skeptically. Do not say more spreadsheets, she thought acidly.

"Contracts for the new models," the assistant said. Her name was Bobby Cavendish -- well, Barbara, but neither she nor her sister (an equally statuesque stunner named Laurel, but who went by Larry) went by their first names. Bobby was a tall, slender young woman with golden hair and brilliant grey eyes. Her talents were wasted as a personal assistant, of course, but she seemed to enjoy it, and she was good at it. Larry, on the other hand, couldn't be kept out of the field. Lovely girls. Couldn't be more different. "And there's a -- man -- to see you."

"Why did you say it like that?" Isobel asked, reaching for the contracts.

Bobby raised her eyebrows and leaned closer, her voice conspiratorial. "He seems... very well armed."

Isobel glanced at her calendar as she set the contract folders down. "Luckily for us, I am, too," she said absentmindedly. "But, uh... have some of the girls on hand. Just in case."

"Just in case," Bobby agreed. A beat, then: "So you'll see him?"

Isobel stood and smoothed her blouse, tucking it into the top of her pencil skirt. "Of course," she said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "He has an appointment, after all. I think he might have a job for us, and don't you like credits? I certainly do." She shrugged into her blazer, then flipped her hair out from under the blazer and said: "Send him in." Isobel remained standing so she could greet her visitor when he entered, prepared to offer a refreshment and a seat before getting down to business.

Last edited:
Cameron had not wanted to wake up at way too in the early morning on Tatooine before he had decided that he could no longer stay there. While the Jed'aii he had interacted with had assured him that it would be hard for most to find his estate - well, Cameron was not in the business of taking chances. And since he was changing over to their belief set later on, and had agreed to it, Cameron knew his old home on Tatooine needed to be shed. This was why after packing the bulk of his useful goods into his ship, Cameron had decided he needed to find real estate. Real Estate Jedi and Sith, and even the more zealous of the Jed'aii would not be able to find. While he did respect Asha, he didn't want to deal with any holier than thou, force their belief set upon others type. It was one of the reasons he tried his level best to stay out of the Force Wars entirely.

Upon coming to this location, Cameron had come obviously armed. A lightsaber he needed to replace with a new one was belted at his waist. Two rifles were slung across his back. He had three pistols, two blaster, and one Slug Thrower, along with Ammo / Gas packs for each on his person, about a dozen packs to be precise. All in all, he was heavily armed.

"Hello," said Cameron respectively when he was allowed to enter her office.

a weekend in the country, just imagine

Isobel regarded the man who darkened her doorway, eyes tracing over the fellow and the obvious weaponry.

Bobby -- as ever a master of understatement.

"Good evening," Isobel said in her slightly posh accent, beckoning him inside. "Have a seat. That is, if you can." She moved around the desk and patted the backrest of one of the guest chairs. "I was just about to get myself a fizzy water. Can I tempt you? I've got something stronger, too, if you prefer."

When the question about refreshments was settled, Isobel returned to her desk, set refreshments down, and sat, crossing her ankles. After adjusting her blazer, she cleared her throat and picked up her pen.

"Now. What is it Red Lotus can offer you?"

"I would like to hire your services to act as real estate agents, and purchasers. With as little involvement from me as possible." He said. He accepted a bottled - and clearly unopened regular water as the drink of choice - one he knew hadn't been tampered with. After he did he took a seat. "In short, I will soon be moving from my current home and wish to choose a suitable world to put my new one on." He said, as he looked at her. "Due to former affiliations however, I do not wish it to be obvious that I am the one who has purchased the new location. This is where having the Red Lotus do the shopping around for the place comes into play." He said. "And you would be handsomely rewarded with credits to do so, covertly." He then handed over a Datapad. "On here are the specifics of the kind of world I would like to set my home on."

• Temperate World
  • Very Low Jedi / Sith presence / Force Using Religion Presence on said world
  • Has a space port
  • Has a chunk of land I can build on.
  • Ideally an out of the way world.

He looked at her. "There is also a second kind of planet, in the second file on the Datapad, should you be unable to find such a world."

Last edited:

a weekend in the country would be charming, and the air would be fresh

Isobel listened intently to this new potential client, her eyebrows furrowing slightly. When he had finished, she leaned forward and accepted the datapad, though she didn't yet look at it. "I want to caution you -- well, I'm more than willing to take this on and I can have a team of analysts on it after the weekend -- but Red Lotus isn't really a real estate brokerage firm, nor do I employ any attorneys here. My people can track down a location that suits your requirements and even act as straw purchasers, but we're not necessarily equipped to do the legal legwork and deeding would be your responsibility. If you're amenable to that, I can have a contract drawn up to begin our retainer."

Only then did Isobel turn the screen of the datapad back on and she examined it.

The demands weren't terribly tricky. There were probably a thousand worlds that fit the outward criteria. "Some clarifying questions, if you don't mind. When you say temperate, what does that mean for you? And is there a particular size of spaceport you'll be needing? How much land will you require to build on? And lastly, when you say 'out of the way', how far off the beaten path do you mean? How close to trade routes do you want to be?"

"A planet with a mild environment. Large enough for one to five ships. About 15 to 20 acres." He replied. "And by out of the wayI mean that most Force using religions would not think said world would be my home." He was not going to be dragged into power struggles or the Force Wars. "As long as it does not have a temple dedicated to force users I do not care about proximity."

Last edited:

a weekend with that woman -- in the country -- in the flesh

Isobel considered her guest thoughtfully for a few moments, her dark eyes narrowing ever so slightly.

The man apparently had a high opinion of himself. Isobel didn't follow these Force Wars enough to know whether it was a valid concern, and it didn't really matter. Whether the fellow was accurately gauging the risk or deluded to high heaven, it didn't seem like there was harm to satisfying his requirements. And if his credits were good...

She cleared her throat and took a sip of her drink before leaning forward.

"I think we can manage that," she said with a smile before turning to pull her desk drawer open, from whence she pulled a datapad of her own. She turned the screen on and navigated through the files. "This isn't the sort of thing we typically do, so I'll need to modify our existing contracts, but that shouldn't be too difficult. How it works is, we'll collect a retainer fee, and then weekly we'll invoice you for the expenses of our scouting team. At the conclusion of the expedition, when we've located a property that meets your needs, we'll collect a completion fee and that will be that. Unless, of course, you'd like to continue to keep us on retainer. But we can cross that bridge when we get to it."

As she was speaking, her lithe fingers raced across the datapad screen, making adjustments, such that by the time she had finished speaking she had entered the fees and objectives. Isobel slid the datapad across the desk at him. "You'll just initial in those three spots, enter your payment details, and then electronically sign at the bottom."

"I'd definitely like to keep you on retainer for future jobs." He replied. Competent help that was not tied to the Jedi, Jed'aii, Sith, or any of the numerous other Force Using Cults was hard to find these days. While he may have decided to join the Jed'aii, he was not sure he wanted to live with them. This is why he was making sure he had a home of his own. Should they turn on him, he would have a location off the beaten path to live in. He initialed in the 3 spots, entered the payment details, and electronically signed the document.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom