Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harbinger-class Cruiser

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
I've never subbed a starship before, so this is a learning experience for me. My intention is to sub a heavy-cruiser, one that can tank hits, but dish them out too. It's supposed to take aggro, while the more specialized ships do their thing.

I'm not sure on what kind of armaments something like this would need, that's why they're incomplete. I would appreciate some advice, and thoughts, on how to turn this little thing into a pocket-destroyer. Chances are I'll have to do a dev thread for this, which is fine.

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]
[member="Krayzen Dratos"]

I'm doing my homework right now; I'll make up a critic about it later mang. Just one thing though. I would add the One Sith as a manufacture of that(alongside IronWrath Industries) because they might want you to reduce the production level b/c your company is Tier 2 iirc.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
My only thing to say here is that we already have a slow, tough, no hanger-ed, very heavily armed Cruiser in the Vanguard. I would get more use personally out of a light cruiser, or some kind of close-ranger brawler. That's on the gamesmanship side of the house.

As far as fluff goes, the Sith could use a somewhat large independent patrol cruiser. Right now we have the Vanguard with a tiny hanger and then size right up to the Torment with a obnoxiously large hanger but basically no weapons. There's a happy medium to be had there somewhere, and a ship styled after the 'ole Vicky-II just might meet it.

Otherwise the basic framework you have here is solid, and the template is well formatted and color coded, which makes judges happy.

One thing i try to do in general with a sub is not make any ship totally generic. Even a basic design (I've got a patrol frigate in the works) has at least one special 'thing' about it. It helps make each ship feel different and useful.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

I've changed it around, and turned the Harbinger into a cruiser that serves as that happy medium.

I'm not sure if my math is right on the weapons, so I'd appreciate a bit of feedback on that. The armament stuff is a bit confusing, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom