Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Hammerhead Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
wTDQNMl.png

Warning large photos
uBjXTar.jpg

GgdZiB3.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To Develop a new Destroyer
Image Source: Eve (photos I've taken myself)
https://i.imgur.com/GgdZiB3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uBjXTar.jpg
Canon Link:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Outer rim Coalition + Inquisition Industries™
Model: Hammerhead class Destroyer
Affiliation: Ancora, Inquisition Industries™, ORC, SJO, closed market
Production: Minor
Material:
Durasteel interior
Quadranium frame
Alusteel hull
Alusteel reinforced bow plating
Glasteel Viewports
Classification: Destroyer
Length: 1,550m
Width: 300m
Height: 340m
Armament: Average
Heavy turbo lasers
30 port
30 starboard

Ion cannons
30 port
30 starboard

Octuple heavy Turbo laser cannons
3 port bow
3 starboard bow

Point defence lasers
25 top
25 bottom
25 port
25 starboard

Defenses: Moderate
Heavy plated bow
MC 1011 Delphus.2-class Double Redundancy Shield Projector
Chaff launchers
Point Defense Emplacements
Reinforced frame
Em shielding

Hangar:
squadrons
B-Zero (2)X3
Split wing T-90 (12)X2
Maneuverability Rating: Low
Speed Rating: High
Hyperdrive Class: 2 backup 4
SPECIAL FEATURES

Communications Array
Encryption Network
Holonet Transceiver
Standard Detention Cells
Tractor Beams x 2
Shield Generator x 2
Reinforced Frame
Reinforced Quadranuim Hull
Chaff Launchers x100 (anti missile)
Inertial Compensator
Standard Life Support Systems
Standard Navigational Systems
Standard Sensor Array
Scanner System
Escape Pods
x40 Assault boarding pods (x20 port - x20 starboard)
Catapult pressor
X6 Docking clamps
Repulsors
Biometric scanners
Hanger man operated turrets
Containment field
Hydra
Opal
MC1005 Dolfin-class Communications Array
MC1003 Tetra-class Targeting/Tracking Array
Electromagnetic shielding
Strengths:
(Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)

Bow Butt - The bow of the ship has been strengthened with multiple layers of armor plating. This allows the ship to ram others without any serious damage. This feature is also complimented by its speed.

EMP - The ship cannot be affected by outside sources of electromagnetic weapons

Weaknesses:
(Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)

Structural weakness - Once past the shields the the amidship and aft are the weakest areas of the ship meaning enough hits from bombers could cause the ship to stop functioning or even destroy it.

Sluggish movement - while the ship has a more than average speed it cannot turn as well.

Forward - The heavy turbo lasers and Ion cannons cannot rotate to face the stern meaning it is more vulnerable to an attack from the rear.

Description:

The Hammerhead Class Destroyer is the newly developed destroyer designed and funded by Inquisition Industries™ but manufactured by the Outer Rim Coalition. The design of the ship resembles that of a Hammerhead Cruiser and corvette but with a more sleek and smoother look. Unlike its lookalikes The Hammerhead Class is a much larger ship and capable of more firepower. The purpose of this ship is close to mid range warfare.

The Ship also uses many internal systems to help boost its effectiveness. Hydral helps ship coordination in situations where sensors are been jammed. Data is sent out to other ships via the Hydra network. “The MC1004 OPAL-class comm laser is a specialized communications transmitter which can send compressed microbursts of communications to other allied forces in system without suffering from Ewar and Stellar jamming effects.” There is much more too.

Travis Caalgen

T
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Travis Caalgen

T
Sanya Val Swift said:
Hangar: squadrons B-wing X4 B-Zero X6 Split wing T-90 X4
This is way too high even for a star destroyer. With your current ratings, I suggest that you lower squadron count to six ('Moderate').

Sanya Val Swift said:
Defenses: Average Heavy plated bow MC 1011 Delphus.2-class Double Redundancy Shield Projector Chaff launchers Point Defense Emplacements Reinforced frame Em shielding
I'm concerned about this. The shield submission states that it is 'heavy triple layer defence' which does not sound like an 'Average' rating at all. I would suggest possibly raising this to 'Moderate', as I don't really know the technical schizzlewizzle with Reshmar's submissions. With that, I would also need another genuine weakness to add balance.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

Oh, my apologies.

The issue was that I didn't look at the subs themselves so I immediately assumed them to be squadrons of 12 fighters each. You may restore the fourth Split wing squadron, but please add an indicator of how many ships they are (i.e. 4 squadrons of 3 each) to avoid future confusion.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Travis Caalgen"]

Yeah my star fighters very quite a bit depending on their capabilities for balance. Anyway thanks for letting me put that back on :). Is there any other issues that need resolving?

Travis Caalgen

T
Sanya Val Swift said:
B-wing X4 B-Zero X6 Split wing T-90 X4
I still need you to add how many ships are in a squadron.

Sanya Val Swift said:
Long range - unlike most designs made by Inquisition Industries™ this ship lacks long range meaning it has to be closer to attack efficiently, because of this it means enemy starfighters have less distance to travel to target and would have to be in an equal range to other capital ships firing arc.
This really isn't a weakness. Think of having long range weaponry as being First Class on a flight instead of regular coach, it's a lovely additive. I would ask that you find another weakness to take its place.

Travis Caalgen

T

The "Hydra" Mesh Networking Program that you mention in your submission is not open-market nor does your ship share any affiliations with the technology.

Please remove it or ask the submission holder for permission to use it.

You have 14 squadrons on a ship that can only carry 5 with these ratings. Please reduce your hangar size. The size of your squadron counts are intentionally lower so that ships can carry less of them per squadron, in order to balance out the strengths of those submissions, or because of the size of the ships, and do not mean you can increase the squadrons a hangar can carry because of a lower squadron count.

Sanya Val Swift said:
Reinforced Ultrachrome Hull
I do not see this in the strengths, or reflected in the defense rating, nor do I see a restricted materials mission. You can either provide a restricted mission and adjust your ratings to reflect this being included and add it to your strengths, or you can remove this. If this was in error, please remember to check the rest of your submission beyond materials for things you might have missed before submitting in the future.

Sanya Val Swift said:
[member="Nadja"]

I honestly don't get the logic your going by. Non the less edited >.>
c004b60a49c879ead456a73a36c6c26b.png

Hangar size is also taken into consideration as a rating, and by increasing your hangar and other ratings without compensating by lowering others/production you make your submission unbalanced. Thus, prior to your edit, having 6 squadrons in your hangar was too large of a hangar size when accounting for balance when taking the other ratings into consideration. Keep in mind that the size of the starship should be taken into consideration during this process of balancing.

We have a spreadsheet linked at the bottom of our Starship template which you can utilize to help see how changes in ship length and ratings, as well as hangar size, can impact the balance of your submission. It doesn't take into consideration the addition of various features, such as major stealth systems or special sensors, but it provides a very good example of what is acceptable and what isn't.
1039315eb3fdb126ed760bb3f04ec67c.png

We also have example submissions in the starship templates beneath each variant, such as the Balanced Star Destroyer template, which provides an example configuration of what is balanced for a 1700m Star Destroyer.
deecac01a850aea9647b2375a92739e7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom