Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech "Hammer of Angramar" MA-45 Artillery

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Reach out and touch somebody"
035b42fd934bd5db476d6bb81d9b667a.jpg

Intent: To Create an Artillery piece of The Ancient Eye
Image Source: This is as close as i could find
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

Manufacturer: The Ancient Eye
Model: MA-45
Affiliation: The Ancient Eye
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Reinfiorced Durasteel. Plasteel. Electronics. Titanium. Synthmesh rifling.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Artillery
Size: Very Large
Weight: Very Heavy
Ammunition Type:
- Anti Bunker
- Energy Blast
- Anti Armor Baradium Missile
- Baradium Bisulfate Bombs
- Baradium Tipped Misses
Ammunition Capacity: 1 shot
Reload Speed: Avarage
Effective Range: Battlefield
Rate of Fire: low
Stopping Power: Extreme
Recoil: high
SPECIAL FEATURES

- Ground Claws
- Traverse and Elevation Advanced System
- Orbital Layout Display
- Cooling System

Strengths and Weaknesses:

+ Destruction: The power of the this weapon is incredible.

+ Long Range: Easily makes distances of battlefield range, capable of targeting and engaging the rear of an enemy armor.

+ Versatile and Multi Purpose: It can load different types of ammunition depending on the target.

+ War Ending Salvo: Once it calls for fire the salvo is unleashed by the team it is an incredible display of power that has an large area of effect.

- Immobile: Once it's in place, moving it is an arduous task.

- Emplacement: To get this on the battlefield and procure a proper emplacement requires time and effort that is incredibly significant. To employ the hammer is a hard thing to do.

- I need eyes, I need grids, I need boots: For the hammer to find it's target an infantry or scout element needs to have eyes on the target, call for fire using grid location and triangulate. You are not going to hit your enemy on your first call, you need to correct that triangulation and get those rounds on target, Then call for the salvo.

- Expensive: You can't just crank these out like Soeht action figures, each one is a massive investment.

- Ammo: The Shells are massive, they require cargo lifts.

- You better have protection: Much like the X-99, the pressure of this weapon is deadly without proper gear.

DESCRIPTION

It's good that Ankhypt is a desert planet because the tests for the MA-45 would have leveled the entire plateau of a good sized island. A marvel made from the minds of those scientists who care only for the destruction and annihilation of enemies and care only for war and wanton destruction. A quick end to a battle can be achieved if these weapons are let loose on a battlefield for too long, death of something is certain if they are allowed to touch down on the soil of the battlefield because when they start firing the tectonic plates of a planet shake in response. What previously would sound like a geologist or a weather expert talking about forces of nature becomes actual military records when speaking about the MA-45, dubbed the Hammer of Angramar by the artillery regiments of The Ancient Eye.

The size of a single shell are as large as large as an infantry personnel carrier and the pressure it releases when it fires will kill the soldiers working around it without proper protection. The firing arc has been perfected but it operates much like the ancient artillery pieces, using firing arcs and exercising the theory of artillery meaning that there is margin of error that needs to be corrected in battle. This weapon system needs specialization to be used, special vehicles to be moved and deployed and requires massive manpower to bring to bare.

It was inspired by [member="Isamu Baelor"] and the Longhorin.

A single one of these weapons is a powerful tool in the battlefield but they are not designed or intended to be used as single weapons, they work as a salvo team and can fire for effect seven or more rounds with a good crew in less than twelve seconds each. That is a total of twenty eight shells once fire for effect salvo has been called in on a single beating zone in less than one minute. Grass won't grow there for a long time.

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
[member="Mythos"]

Considering this is a heavy, long range arty emplacement, I'd like to see your reasoning for the Average reload speed. I did a little research, namely on the M198 Howitzer and that has a maximum firing speed of 4 rounds per minute.

Either give me some reasoning with some sources to back your Average ROF, or drop it to Low and I'll stamp this approved. Tag me when you're done, thanks!

Mythos said:
Recoil: None
By the nature of physics, launching a physical projectile without any form of backwards momentum from the device firing it is impossible. You're firing artillery shells, this should have a large amount of recoil - like entire artillery cannon moving kind of recoil.

And simply from a balance perspective, your weapon fires across the range of a battlefield, reloads at an average rate, and has an extreme damage rating. None of this is balanced by adding no recoil to the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom