Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Hamal Matterfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamal Matterfire
Dellaltians_zpsgtuvwhzk.png

Name: Hamal Matterfire
Image Source: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/21/Swimming_People.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20060921035259
Affiliation: Silver Sanctum
Development Threads: Cold Desert [Ask]
Species: Dellaltian
Force Sensitivity: Yes
Appearance: As a member of the Dellaltian species, Hamal Matterfire has large blowholes on his face, which act in the same capacity as a nose would do with Humans, which could be described otherwise as nostrils. He has a small head, which is common to his species, which sits on top of a long skinny neck leading down to a large, muscular body common to Aquatic species.
Personality: Friendly, annoyingly calm
Weapon of Choice: Lightsaber
Wealth: Minor (Few hundred credits)

Combat Function: Matterfire could be considered a weak combatant for his rank, considering that he is a Jedi Knight. Whilst wielding a Lightsaber and having an adept knowledge of Form VI: Niman, he is more powerful in using the Force. If he manages to keep his opponent at a distance, then he would have a chance of defeating them after eventually wearing them down with his Force Powers, but if his opponents were to get up close and personal with a Lightsaber, then he would surely be defeated.

If he were to serve in a team of Jedi, he would definitely act as support, making sure that his allies were not attacked from behind or at the side and distracting the enemy, whilst a more powerful Lightsaber combatant could get in to deal the real damage.

Due to his main responsibility as an investigator, historian and architect of history and lore on the Force, however, his Lightsaber techniques remain unrefined, making him in comparison to other Jedi Knights, a weak combatant.

Skills:
Force Push (Adept)
Force Pull (Adept)
Force Stun / Stasis (Master)
Force Shield / Barrier (Adept)

Notable Possessions:
x1 Adegan (Kathracite) Crystal Lightsaber

Other Notes: Hamal Matterfire is a Dellaltian Jedi Knight who serves in the Silver Sanctum as a Silver Jedi. He was originally a member of the Jedi Order that served the Galactic Republic. He was one of the many Jedi who left the service of the Republic to pursue service to the Galaxy outside of it's borders, such was the founding concepts of the Silver Jedi and the reasons for their formation.

He was trained in the ways of the force by an unknown Selkath Jedi Master, who died during the war between the Galactic Republic and One Sith in the early 840s. His main attributes and strengths lay in his large repository of knowledge and history on the Jedi. With the Four Hundred Year Darkness resulting in the loss of knowledge and history, Master Matterfire has devoted the large majority of his life in the study of the Force and the history of the Galaxy, to regather what was lost from the ancient and one time gigantic archives of the Jedi. As such, his Lightsaber prowess has never been regarded as anything other than ordinary and his Force Powers have waned, although the ones he does know are pretty powerful, given his experience, age and wisdom in the Force.

It was because of his discoveries and research into the Force and the history of the Galaxy that he was awarded the rank of Jedi Knight. As such, he was crucial during diplomatic talks between the Silver Jedi and the Voss, with Voss-Ka becoming the eventual home of the Silver Jedi Order. His knowledge, experience and wisdom as a Jedi helped the Voss come to a better understanding of the Silver Jedi and the Silver Sanctum would would later be formed, improving relations between both cultures.

When the Silver Sanctum hosted a dominion over Korriban, the homeworld of the Sith, Master Matterfire was assigned to begin an investigation into the origins of the modern day Sith and what the Primeval had done when they had claimed the Horuset system during their crusade. As a result of this assignment, he was present on Korriban when Darth Ayra and her apprentice in training, [member="Joon"], crash landed on Korriban.

Heading to the crash site of the Initium, Master Matterfire would become intertwined into a series of events that would unfold on the cold deserts of Korriban, as he came closer and closer to uncovering the existence of the new Rule of Two, previously resurrected twenty years ago on Chandrila. Unbeknown at the time that he was dealing with a Sith Lord, hell bent on the complete destruction of his Order and the rest of the Jedi in the Galaxy, this Dellaltian Jedi Knight is on the verge of uncovering the best kept secret in the Galaxy.

Intent: To assist in the development of my and [member="Joon"]'s characters, whilst providing a worthy adversary for both of us as part of a plot point in our overall story.

Darth Ayra said:
Wealth: None
None? At all? Not even a few hundred credits? How does he eat when on mission? I find this unlikely

Darth Ayra said:
Appearance: Large blowholes on his face, where nostrils would normally be, found on a small head sat on top of a long skinny neck leading down into a large body.
Expand this to a paragraph

Darth Ayra said:
Skills: Force Push Force Pull Force Stun / Stasis Force Shield / Barrier
Rank these in some way in either 1-10, 1-100, or verbally like novice, adept, master.

[member="Darth Ayra"]

Overall, this submission doesn't seem very Jedi Master-esk, if you get what I'm saying. For a Jedi master to only know, 4 force powers and have only mastered one, and also his best lightsaber form he is only adept in seems very unreasonable. I'm actually going to ask you to beef up this guy's powers or reduce him to Knight level.

[member="KeCholo"]

Contrary to popular belief, not all Jedi Master's have the ability to wield a large array of Force powers nor were they all master level with lightsaber techniques. Jedi who had been apart of the Jedi Order for decades were given the rank of Jedi Master, to become teachers, scholars and trainers to the younger generation of Jedi or when they were recognized as being exceptional / elite in a certain field.

Hamal Matterfire, as a Jedi Master, is an exceptional / elite historian, architect and scholar in the Force, which is why he is a Jedi Master. To give you an example of a Jedi Master who forewent the study of history etc in the Force would be Lord Hoth. Whilst he was an exceptional combatant, he sacrificed his study and understanding of the Jedi. He was incredibly basic in his understanding of the Jedi ways and beliefs, despite being the strongest Jedi warrior of his era.

Consider Matterfire the direct opposite to someone like Hoth. Ergo you do not need to be an exceptional warrior or having a vast array of Force Powers to be a Jedi Master and to give the character such powers / abilities would be against the idea and plot that I had in mind for the use of the NPC. Please also keep in mind that the character is only going to be used in one thread, as the threads adversary for my character and my apprentice.

[member="Darth Ayra"]

I am quite familiar with the Jedi promotion and such, however I can't see a historian or librarian being this weak. Someone who would have studied all these things would have doubtless practiced and preformed those skills.

[member="KeCholo"]

Sorry that it took me so long to make the edits. I have taken on board your criticisms and suggestions. I have lowered Hamal's rank from Jedi Master to Jedi Knight. I hope this resolves further issues with the NPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom