Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hairy Business (PM to join)

Ak's job was relatively easy for the first two hours after the jump to hyperspace. The dragon was still unconscious and Kitty was Kitty. That soon changed, however. Kitty devolved into her most primal self and the dragon began to wake up. Kitty, at least, was confined to her cage; there was nothing to stop the dragon from moving about the ship.

The last thing she remembered was being in more pain than she had ever been in her life, and being unable to move. She had been--or trying to, anyway--carrying a giant cat away from some hunters. But she had been on her home planet of Dathomir. Now, however, she felt cold, and it didn't feel like she was laying on earth. The dragon opened one eye and looked around. For a moment, sight and sound was a bit muddled. When they cleared, she noticed two things. One, that large cat she had tried to save was now in a cage. Two, she was no longer on Dathomir. Finding she was no longer paralyzed--and her pain lessened to a tolerable amount--the dragon jumped up. As she approached the cage Kitty was in, she noticed the Gurlanin nearby and realized she had seen him before--on Dathomir. Naturally, she assumed that he was somehow responsible for her and the cat's kidnapping. She growled and stalked toward the canine.

Initially, Ak didn't react to the dragon waking up. He wanted to see if it would remain awake; he was surprised when it actually got up. Then it started moving toward him and growling. Well... at least the antidote was working... Ak stood and moved away from the lightsaber he had next to him. "Uh, look, us fighting right now would be really bad for all of us. So why don't you just sit and I'll explain everything..."

The dragon growled more. "You were one of the ones hunting that cat. Why should I listen to you?"

To be perfectly honest, Ak wasn't expecting a response. He was silent in a bit of a daze for a moment. He shook his head a bit before replying, "I wasn't hunting her. She's an aquaintance; we were trying to stop those hunters from going after you."

She wasn't convinced. "Why is she in a cage, then?"

"She has to be. Look at her, if she were out here with us, she'd rip this ship apart."

The dragon looked at Kitty. She had to admit, she did look like she wanted to kill whatever moved. She looked back at the canine. "I still don't trust you."

"You don't have to. I'm not someone who should be trusted, anyway. But think about it, if you kill me, then what? You can't go back home. You'd be stuck on this ship for days with a raging feline and a droid that won't listen to you."

The dragon growled again, though with less conviction. She didn't really have a choice. Not only that, but as she looked at the canine, she couldn't help notice his eyes. They made her feel a little uneasy... or maybe it was that the antidote was starting to lose its potency. Whatever it was, the dragon moved to lay down somewhere away from the Gurlanin. She did move away; the laying down was more of a passing out, however. Ak sighed. He changed his form to the human one he had used on Naboo and Dathomir, then approached the dragon. He checked to make sure she was still breathing, then returned Kitty's lightsaber to her chambers.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
An hour after coming out of hyperspace above Felecat Kitty came to her senses and shifted into humanoid form. The dragon seemed to still be asleep which worried Kitty. She knelt down by it her ear twisting to get a better listen at the dragon's breath and heartbeat. It was getting labored and the heartbeat was irregular which was a very bad sign. "Droid! Take us down now, right next to the palace." Kitty shouted. Kitty then turned her attention to Ak Veh'rum. Seemed he didn't grab a lightsaber just to be safe, which was foolish but also probably for the better. A curious ignition and her affiliations would be made clear. She continued looking at him without saying anything. He was with her because she had needed his help, but now not so much. The thought to kill him did briefly enter her mind but she quickly disregarded it a little upset with herself she'd even brought it up. Was this an effect of the dark side or her upbringing? She wasn't that kind of sith. Well ok she kinda was but if they were innocent she tried to avoid killing them. Jedi who were more aligned with the dark side called themselves dark jedi. Maybe she should call herself a light sith. Once they got on the surface she could arrange his transport to where ever and he'd be out of her hair. Wait had she promised to compensate him for his trouble? Well didn't matter he'd probably refuse to leave until the dragon had recovered and been released. It would be so simple to force him. She was the princess of Felecat after all and heir to the throne, not that she had any intention of taking that responsibility. Once that time came and she refused the position someone else will take over likely a distant cousin or something. She'll arrange a deal with them to leave her operation alone. She'll probably have to find new people to work for her though notably her facility security which was taken from the military.

They made it past security without so much as a check. They knew her ship very well by this point and only a few of these ships were made. Even if another appeared it would be an associate of Kitty. Landing besides the palace Kitty used force speed to rush off the ship and into the palace. She passed the greeting party on the way and hastily told them to take care of their guests and make sure the dragon doesn't die. "Dragon?" Kitty didn't respond though already well into the palace at this point heading for her room. She picked up multiple vials of the rare and proprietary antivenom and started rushing back. It was very rare to see the princess in such a hurry so she attracted a lot of attention from servants and guards. A decent amount of them followed her back to her ship where Kitty found the dragon had been taking out of the ship....somehow? And naturally they were all rather fascinated by the dragon. Kitty looked for thinner scales and jammed the needle as hard as she could to get it past the biological armor.

"Ma'am. It's heart just stopped beating." One of the Felecatians looking after the dragon said.

"Well beat it yourself if you have to!" Kitty responded a bit irritated.

"Ma'am I'm sorry but, none of us are strong enough even if we jumped on the thing."

Kitty's tail twitched agitatedly, then she came up with an idea but her tail continued to curl at the tip back in forth in unrest. Her idea would mean revealing her true nature to Ak. Actually what did that matter now. It didn't. "I have an idea, everyone step away I'm not the best at this and you might get hurt." This was a power she wasn't very fond of using but it had been a requirement in her sith assassin training. Kitty used the force to feel out the dragon and where it's heart was located. Finding it she placed her palm above the area and used lightning to shock the area. It danced from her fingertips into the dragon as she did it in short bursts to try and simulate a heart beat. She stopped for a moment and put her ear up to it, nothing. She began again sending little lighting bolt over and over. Again she stopped and checked for a heart beat. "Bu-dum bu-dum." Kitty sighed in relief. "Her heart's beating again." She didn't even realize until just now with that sensed when she was feeling out the dragon with the force she sensed it was female and what's more she sensed much more than just an animal. This creature was sentient without a doubt. The way the force responded was unmistakable. "Take her to some proper guest quarters and have the one of the royal doctors look after her."

"Right away princess."

Kitty sighed she didn't like being called that but had to put up with it if she was going to use her parents resources. Now to deal with Ak. Kitty went back inside her ship and grabbed her data pad before walking up to Ak. "So, where are am I sending these credits? I'll also arrange your transport off planet to where ever you want to go."

Ak retook his true from and spent the remainder of the time in hyperspace keeping an eye on the dragon and Kitty. It was a very boring but necessary task. A few days later, finally, Kitty's ship exited hyperspace over Felacat. At that point, Ak stood and wandered around the ship to stretch his legs. After an hour Kitty returned to normal; Ak knew this because he heard her shout orders to her droid. He returned to find Kitty beside the dragon with a worried expression; she explained that the creature's heartbeat was irregular and the breath was labored. As they began the descent to the planet's surface, Ak became less concerned with the dragon and more concerned about Kitty. The Felacatian was staring at him. She didn't look like she wanted to say anything, either. Her expression was one of consideration, as if she were trying to determine the better of two options. Ak didn't like it. As the one used to causing others to be unsettled by a mere gaze, he wasn't overly fond of being on the other side of that. Before he thought to question Kitty, however, they landed.

Kitty hurried off into the palace she had had her droid land beside. Ak, not really knowing what she wanted him to do, stayed behind. He was going to just wait for her to come back, but he thought it might be a good idea to get the dragon off the ship. If she did die, she should at least be able to do so in the fresh air. Ak transformed into a dragon, the very same species as the one before him. He stood over her, gripped her with his paws, then began flapping his wings. If only Kitty were still here and in her rage form... It took the Gurlanin a few tries, but he managed to lift the she-dragon long enough to get her out of the ship. A group of Felacatians were making their way to ship and hurried over as Ak moved away from the dragon. One of them examined her just as Kitty returned. Kitty had the antivenom she'd mentioned a few days ago and injected it into the dragon. Just as she did so, the other Felacatian informed that the dragon's heart had stopped.

Naturally, Kitty wasn't happy about it. Ak was going to start chest compression when Kitty announced having an idea and ordered everyone to back away. Ak Veh'rum watched as Kitty used Force lightning to restart the dragon's heart. While she did so, the Gurlanin experienced the same feeling he had on Naboo, though it was a little different this time. Perhaps because she was doing good with her power? Everyone--Ak included--breathed a sigh of relief when Kitty announced the heart was beating again. After she was taken away, Kitty turned her attention to Ak. The Gurlanin tilted his head slightly. "A princess? Interesting. As for the credits, I'd like some of it in chips. The rest you can send to Coruscant." Ak thought for a moment. "Actually, I'd like to remain here until the dragon has recovered. I'd like her to see I was telling the truth when we spoke."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty rolled her eyes at the titled head and princess comment. "I'm technically the heir to the throne but I have no intention of taking that responsibility. Years ago my parents and the people didn't want me as the heir either so I'm doing them all a favor."

Kitty happned to have enough chips on her and handed them over to Ak. She then pulled out her datapad and transferred the rest of the credits. "Done." But it seemed his business wasn't done here. He wanted to stick around and did she hear that right? They spoke? Seemed he beat her to finding out the dragon was sentient. "Well here is the...ah!" Kitty was cut off as she felt her body lurch. "Oh no no no. Why? This doesn't make any sense." Kitty said seemingly out of nowhere. The context of her talking made much more sense as her form began to change. To most people nothing had seemed to really happen other than Kitty maybe gaining some muscle mass. But all the other Felacatians that were still around started running away. Typically a Felacatian only shifted if they were enraged and Kitty in particular had a reputation when she was young of raging frequently. She was slowly taking on a quadruped stance and bulking up until eventually she was a very large and threatening feline in multiple ways the size along being sufficient. "I don't understand why is this happening to me? Wait, I'm still in control." Kitty was in her full tiger like form and her clothing ripped to pieces laying unceremoniously on the ground. "What? I'm not an angry rage monster? I have never shifted and not been an angry rage monster ever in my life. As far as I know no Felacatian has ever involuntarily shifted and not gone on a rampage." Kitty was so confused. Was she dreaming? No she had always been in a passive way kind of aware of herself when raging unable to control her own action. Right now she had control of her action. Did she already rampage? Kitty looked around and a still in one piece Ak was evidence enough she hadn't. First the odd behavior, random rampage, and thoughts on dathomir and now this? With a great thud Kitty dropped all her weight into a laying position abruptly. Not long after tears began making their journey down her face. She felt like she was losing herself. She'd always had trouble controlling herself but there was always warning. A prelude, a grace period. This was random and broke all the rules she thought she knew. "What am I even anymore? I'm terrible excuse for a Felactian, a disgrace to my race and embarrassment to my parents. I'm not even a sith assassin anymore they've disbanded and I've abandoned the sith to do what? Even my master and true father doesn't see me anymore. He's out teaching his real daughter and getting possessed by ancient sith lords." There wasn't anything else to say. There was only despair. She let it draw the dark side to her, to cloak her and comfort her.

Kitty seemed annoyed by the Gurlanin's response to learning she was a princess. Or, former princess. "Oh. I see." Ak looked around. On planets like this, where outsiders were a rare sight, he liked to blend in. Normally, he would have taken a local form before even reaching the planet's surface. The circumstances of this trip, however, left him without a moment to do so. As he observed everyone, Ak realized for the first time that there was something about Kitty he'd found odd. She looked much more feline-like than the other Felacatians. If not for her lack of back joined legs, one could mistake her for a Togorian. He chose to take the form of a Togorian; if he were going to masquerade as a feline species, he at least wanted to look as much like a feline as possible.

Kitty handed him the chips he requested and Ak took them with an appreciative nod. "Thanks." After transferring the rest of his payment, Kitty started to address the Gurlanin's desire to stay for a few days. She was interrupted, however, by a strange occurrence. For a reason that was unclear to even Kitty, she changed forms. Naturally, those nearby started running and Ak took several steps back. Kitty's confusion grew as she went on to explain that this never happened--not only to herself, but to any Felacatian. She fell silent for a few moments, probably thinking or whatever. Ak didn't know what to say or do. He definitely wasn't going to go anywhere near her just in case she suddenly raged. But he knew as much about what was going on as she did, so what could he possibly say here?

Then Kitty dropped to lay down. She... cried. The big cat cried and questioned her identity, her very reason for existing, it seemed. Ak frowned and looked away. This was no business of his. He should just go find out where the dragon had been taken so he could check in on her progress. The sooner he could leave, the sooner he could seek out a new venture. Wait. This Felacatian had just paid him a considerable fee for a job they botched. And he had agreed to help her with it--he could just as easily have refused, told Nathan and the others. And then there was the fact he knew she is a Sith. She didn't know he'd known since before they even left Naboo. Kitty most likely didn't want just anyone knowing... so the Gurlanin could get even more credits out of her in exchange for his silence. Oh wait. She'd basically just told him herself with the Force lightning. So he could just go with turning her in for the botched job. She could just kill him, though. Well Ak could probably talk his way out of that. Once he decided on the amount of credits he wanted, Ak began laying the ground work. Albeit wary of an attack, Ak approached Kitty and knelt before her. He reached out and wiped her tears. "Stop crying. So you're different. So you left the Sith and your master went to teach someone else. It isn't the end of the galaxy. You've done well for yourself so far in spite of all that, haven't you? You're a predator. Lick your wounds and get back up." That probably would have sounded more reassuring if the Gurlanin had been in his true form. Oh well.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Ak for whatever reason she couldn't fathom was trying to comfort her. Stating she had done well with herself. Yea so what if she'd done well with herself. That wasn't the point. Her world was collapsing in on itself. That she was a predator and to pick herself up. How insensitive. He sounded like a lot like the rest of the sith. Minus the choping your head off if you don't get up part. But perhaps he was right in a way. There were still slavers to catch and experiments to be preformed on them and damn her if she'd let an unstable form stop her.

Banishing her despair aside Kitty was not filled with conviction. And maybe a hint of lust. She was only just now getting a good luck at Ak after he's changed his form and damn was he cute. If only he'd been born a Felecations here on Felacat she'd probably have taken a great interest in him. It wasn't that unlikely she'd met another of her kind who was afflicted with the same condition she was. Ryn'Dhal was his name. She had a short lived relationship with him. Oh well. She wanted to hurry up and have them say their goodbyes to one another so she can ship him out of her hair.

Kitty leaned forward and gave the handsome shape shiftier a lick. She then stood up and began heading for the palace. But out of nowhere she began shifting again to her bipedal form leaving her completely naked. Kitty let out a feminine squeal and covered herself up with her arms. This was so incredibly embarrassing and right after she licked him too! If this was the will of the force she was not happy with it! She had an idea though. Kitty force pushed Ak hard and then made a beline back to her ship. She always kept multiple spare clothes for situations similar to this. She quickly got changed and came back out pretending nothing happened and headed back to the palace again.

The dragon was being kept in a lavish and spacious guest room one of the largest ones they had as this dragon was super big. There were multiple doctors moving around checking on it's different organs and evaluating how healthy it was. She didn't know why she expected it to be awake already. Guess it was wishful thinking. Well this could turn potentially awkward with Ak. Hopefully he focuses mostly on the fact she force pushed him pretty hard.

Kitty didn't say anything. She just looked at him. Supposing she was going to say more or snap at him for his rather insensitive attempt at comforting, Ak stood and back up. As he did so, however, Kitty suddenly licked him. The Gurlanin blinked. Was that a thank you? Why didn't she just say thank you? But.. surely she couldn't have really felt comforted by what Ak said, least of all with the tone he used. Had she really not heard it or did she just not care? Why the hell did she just lick him? Before he could verbally inquire, Kitty got up and started to walk past him to her palace. After only a step or two, she changed back to her normal form... and she was naked... again.

Like last time, Ak didn't seem bothered by it, but was still compelled to look away. However, he didn't. He continued to look at Kitty. It had very little to do with her being naked and more to do with the fact she changed back right after licking him. '..Does she.. want me?' Ak thought. That had to be it, right? Wait, no. A few moments ago Kitty had changed to her rage form unwillingly. This was just coincidence. Still... Ak turned his attention back to Kitty. This time, being naked in front of people horrified her. She squealed and covered herself. Ak quickly took off his brown scarf, which was quite a bit longer and wider than he thought--would be good to cover his head and face if he ended up in a sandstorm--and wrapped it around Kitty. Well that was the plan, anyway. Right as he got it off, Kitty Force pushed him.

The Gurlanin let out a surprised yelp as he went tumbling a good 20ft away. Or maybe it was more than that. He could barely breathe, let alone think. By the time he got up, Kitty had gotten dressed and was walking toward him. She hurried by him without looking at him and he didn't try to say anything. Actually, her Force push triggered his instinct to fight back and her hurrying past made him want to chase her down. The second he thought of it, an image of Kitty in her rage form licking his face popped into his mind. He shook his head. That did not go with the predatory instinct he was having. Once he cleared his head, Ak followed the Felacatian to the large and fancy room the dragon was being kept in.

Unsurprisingly, the dragon wasn't awake yet. There was nothing to do but stand out of the way and watch the doctors. Hopefully they would be finished examining the dragon soon and have an idea of when she'd wake up. Ak made a point of standing away from Kitty. He leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest in thought. He caught himself more than once glancing over at her, trying to figure out what all that meant earlier. Unintentionally, he opened up a telepathic link with Kitty. "Why did she lick me?" ((Gonna use orange for telepathy)) Gurlanin could communicate telepathically with their own kind, but not with others. Ak, however, was unique among his kind in that he is able to forge telepathic links with other species, albeit after being around them for several days.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
The silence was broken with a telepathic questioning of her earlier affectionate action. She wasn't sure if it was an idle accidentally talking out loud kind of thing, if that was even possible or if it was intentionally directed at her. Either way she ignored it and and no desire to volunteer that information. Should be pretty obvious anyway. Time passed by and the dragon was showing no signs of waking. "Well I have other things to do. You can stay here or we can provide you with a guest room of your own. Just speak with any of the servants for anything you need." With that Kitty left.

First she needed to move her ship to a more appropriate spot. After that she made a trip to her buisness facilities and entered the secret restricted areas that continued the ex-slavers who she tortured and used as experiments to research the genetic splicing technology she was developing. As she check on the progress of things she found her mind wondering to Ak and the dragon. His current form was very attractive but if he didn't get the hint then he was just in the way. The sooner he's gone the better. But on the other hand he's able to communicate with the dragon. He could be useful for translating the dragon's language. She was essentially discovering a new sentient species in the galaxy and was the first to record it. Which was really exciting and she was genuinely curious about the majestic creature. How did they evolve intelligence? An apex predator of an entire planet has no need of it unless it's their intelligence that makes them the apex predator which is the case for most space faring races but was not the case with these dragons. She had powerful physiology which Kitty would love to catalog in her gene splicer. How have the avoided being out of touch from the galaxy? Dathomir wasn't that obscure, not like her home planet which received very little in the way of outsiders. Why develop intelligence but not body parts made for using tools? It seemed pointless evolutionarily speaking.

Night approached and Kitty retired to her room in the palace. The next day she woke up and headed straight for the dragon of whom was surprisingly calm. "Hey, my name is Kitty."

"No it's not!" The queen said who just happened to be passing by the door outside. It was coincidence and the queen wasn't interested in finding out what her daughter was up to now and kept walking about her buisness.

"Mom!" Kitty angrily protested. She thought they'd come to accept her new name after all this time but it seemed they were harboring some passive resentment that was being leaked out via teasing her. "Anyways I'm the one you rescued as well as the one who rescued you after I ungratefully attacked. Sorry about that, I wasn't in control." She had no idea if the dragon understood her and she most certainly didn't understand it with it's response just sounding like a typical animal. If Ak wasn't already there she'd wait for him. "Ak you can understand her right? Could you translate for me. Ask her if she'd be willing to learn the common language and teach us her language as well? I'd love to get to know more about her and her kind."

Kitty didn't hear him. Or she did and ignored him. Either way Ak was glad she didn't respond--but then he wasn't even aware he had spoken to her. When it was clear the dragon wouldn't be waking up anytime soon, Kitty gave the Gurlanin options for accommodations, then left to tend to some things. Ak stayed where he was for about an hour to observe the medics and their findings. After all, it wasn't enough for Ak to look like another species. Sometimes he needed to be that species. Once he knew everything about the dragon the Felacatians did, the Gurlanin sought out someone.

"I was told a room could be provided for me for the night," Ak said to the first Felacatian he ran into after leaving the dragon's room.

The servant girl Ak addressed stopped and looked him over before answering. "Yes sir, I can take you to a guest room. This way, please."

"Thank you." He followed her, looking around as he did so. He'd been in a lot of places but only one other time had he been in a palace.

The room the girl took him to was almost as lavish as the one the dragon was put in. "I hope you'll be comfortable here. Is there anything else I can do for you, sir?"

"I haven't eaten in days. I don't suppose I could get some food?"

"Of course, right away, sir." The servant quickly hurried off.

After he ate, Ak wandered around. As he explored he kept catching himself thinking about earlier. It baffled him because the more he thought about it, the more he reasoned Kitty had licked him out of affection, not gratitude. But why? They didn't know each other beyond the usual information you get when you first meet a person. Was she that lonely? Was she one of those that focused more on looks? She had been looking at him a lot after they came out of hyperspace. Maybe it was instinct or another side effect traveling through hyperspace had on her?

What bothered the Gurlanin about this was he couldn't stop thinking about it. He didn't feel anything for Kitty; how could he? And she was a feline, after all. As a canine species he didn't like feline species. She was pretty, though. Okay, so maybe he was just physically attracted to her. He growled at that. Pretty or not, she was a Felacat. Well, maybe he could just fall into the appearance he currently had and pretend he was a feline, too. He once got so into a disguise he forgot he was actually a Gurlanin. Sometimes a job required that, too. Ak shook his head again. He wasn't looking for anyone--just to fulfill his physical needs or otherwise--right now. The latter he actually didn't want. That would require him to put someone else ahead of him and that wasn't how he lived his life. No one mattered more than him.

Night fell and Ak headed back to his room. By chance, he saw Kitty who was presumably going to her own room. He didn't say anything. In the morning Ak went to the dragon's room and found she was awake. He changed the color of his eyes back to his natural ones as he slowly approached. "So do you trust me now?"

The dragon watched as what looked like another Felacatian--well almost, the legs were different--came in. But then his eyes changed. They were the same as that canine that had been on the ship. "You? But you didn't look like that before."

"I am shapeshifter. My name is Tor Ghel."

Before he could say more, Kitty walked in. She introduced herself, only to be interrupted by her own mother, who was simply walking by. Kitty asked Ak to translate for her. "For a few more credits," he replied before looking at the dragon. What? He wasn't an interpreter droid.

"I assumed those bipeds were hunting you. And that they were using that... thing," she said with a glance at Ak, "to track you."

After translating that, Ak posed Kitty's question to her.

"I don't know if it's possible to teach you mine, but I suppose I could learn yours. I really don't want this one--" again she gestured to the Gurlanin, "--near me unless it's absolutely necessary. My name is Twilight, Kitty."

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Ak agreed on the condition she pay him for it. "Of course naturally." Kitty replied but internally she was stressing a little. She was very quickly running out of credits and needed to pull off some jobs soon. The complication in that was she didn't want to leave those two here alone well they wouldn't be alone but not under her supervision. She could bring them along but that presented it's own dangers. They could get in the way of the job and may not want to come along anyway. Buut if she brought them along especially during hyperspace they could continue their translation quest and the soon that's done the sooner the two will be out of her hair. Actually the dragon was good company. She might not mind having her around though the dragon probably doesn't see it the same way.

Ak translated what the dragon was saying, which was crazy. It's one thing to have discovered the dragon was sentient and another to have it actually talking to you. She'd been around the galaxy and seen a lot most of the crazy stuff coming from the sith, but this felt up there.

So the dragon thought the hunters were hunting her. "Actually I attacked them but thanks for rescuing me they might have ended up killing me. Again wasn't in control of myself. And also she wanted to be kept away from Ak for whatever reason. Yup Kitty liked this dragon. "We only have to keep him around until I can understand you well enough on my own." Kitty said with a teasing smirk directed at Ak. As he translated Kitty got back to thinking. She really needed to do a couple jobs now to be able to pay him and she really needed the credits anyway. "I do contract work as a mercenary and sometimes an assassin, would you guys be willing to tag along?" As she waited for them to decide and possibly even have to explain to Twilight what a mercenary or assassin was Kitty pulled out her datapad and began scrolling through the available work.

Twilight was a little surprised to hear Kitty had been the one doing the attacking. When she saw Kitty for the first time, she assumed she was very simple. No predatory animal in their right mind, even simple ones, would walk right into a hunting party without realizing they were there. It would have been her own fault for getting killed, but Twilight had wanted to help her anyway. "I thought maybe you were ill or just simple and didn't detect those hunters." Kitty mentioned for a second time that she hadn't been in control of herself. Her head tilted to one side in confusion. "You couldn't control yourself? Were you ill?"

Ak translated that for Kitty then waited for the next thing she wanted to say to Twilight. It concerned learning Twilight's language and she learning Basic. Twilight commented that she didn't want Ak anywhere near her and Kitty responded, albeit teasingly, in a way that annoyed the Gurlanin. As if he were something or someone to be used then tossed away. "I could always refuse to translate for you. I'd lose nothing but the credits you're going to be giving me for this droid job." Still, Ak went ahead and translated.

Twilight's tail swayed some at what Ak told her. She liked this cat named Kitty. "That would be nice, but why is he the only one that can understand me?"

Just before Ak could translate that, Kitty asked them both a question. The Gurlanin frowned. His plan had been to get paid for the botched hunt--which he did, let Twilight know that he helped her and Kitty, and then be on his way. Now suddenly Kitty wanted him to come along on some contract job? He looked at the Felacatian, his orange eyes boring into her yellow ones. He walked up to her, his tail lashing behind him in irritation. "Maybe you didn't hear me earlier. I'm not an interpreter droid. If she decides to tag along, I'll have to go so you two can communicate effectively. Once you're done with your conversation here, I can finally say what I wanted to and leave. I'm not interested in your plans anymore." In stark contrast to his current emotion, Ak's words were oddly calming. Actually, it was probably confusing. The contrast was due to Ak losing focus, so his natural tone was seeping through. He was losing focus because he was thinking too much about Kitty's eyes. They were yellow... For some reason, he hadn't noticed before. He expected a feline to have green eyes, maybe blue. But yellow was so different. It was pretty, actually--they complimented her hair.

Ak lowered his gaze which didn't help. Now he thought about yesterday. There was left, right, the ceiling, the dragon behind him. He could have looked anywhere else. But nope, he decided to keeping looking at Kitty, just not her eyes. Ak dropped to all fours as he shifted back to his true form. His tail hung low, as if he had just been scolded. For a moment he didn't say or do anything. Then he got up on his hind legs, placing his paws on Kitty's shoulders. He licked her face, just as she had done to him the day before, then he walked out of the room.

Twilight didn't know what to say. Rhett--or Ak, whatever his name was--seemed angry but he sounded incredibly calm. And then suddenly he changed and licked Kitty? She was so confused, she forgot about the question. But now that the shapeshifter had left the room, she couldn't communicate with Kitty right now anyway.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
"Temper temper." Kitty said with a deescalating motion with her hands. It was true though he could refuse to translate and it was unlikely she could find anyone else who could. But just as all he'd be missing out on is some credits all she would be missing out on is communicating and learning more about this creature. Though with the conversation they have had so far Kitty's ears have been working overtime twitching frequently making it apparent just how much she's been paying attention to Twilight's speech and she's been learning quick. That being said communication was still impossible without Ak and it could be true she was more interested in learning about Twilight than Ak was in getting credits. If he does back out perhaps he's in need of a reminder of who he's dealing with. It's rare for sith to be so generous in their offers as Kitty has been and she wasn't above getting what she wanted by force.

Kitty didn't get to hear the latest translation of what Twilight had said as Ak get's rather upset over her question. As he speaks to her and it become more and more clear he's backing out Kitty's eyes lose their light heartedness and betray her displeasure and the looming threat that hadn't made it's way to words from her mouth yet. He spoke with surprising neutrality in his tone. She grew alarmed when he seemed to lose focus and what he was focusing on now she wasn't sure. Did she accidentally release her art of the small technique and let slip her dark side presence betraying her hostility? He shifted back to his native form, which was a shame she really liked that form and was already missing it. He looked almost defeated though. Kitty's aggressive disposition began to wane and be replaced with genuine concern for the Gurlanin. The strangely behaving Gurlanin then got on his hind legs and reached his front legs forwards. Her natural instinct was to respond defensively especially with her trust issues, but the force told her there was no ill intent to which as an assassin her senses were finely tuned for. Nope instead he gave her a lick and walked off. Kitty was left stunned as he left the room and Twilight seemed equally confused.

Now Kitty was faced with a question she hadn't anticipated. Was she interested in him in his native form? They certainly had a couple things in common and she was starting to find his personality intriguing. Navigating their difference in anatomy in their native forms could be a lot of fun. The more she thought about it the more her body and mind responded in kind. She licked her lips in a carnal anticipatory manner. Before getting up and chasing after Ak. "Me and Ak are going to have some fun I'll be back later Twilight." Kitty quickly caught up to the canine. "Where are you going? We've got some unfinished business." Kitty said in a suggestive manner. She'd take the lead if she had to and drag him into her room.

Ak wasn't intimidated by Kitty's darkened gaze or her unspoken threat. In fact, as he spoke his upper lip raised slightly to bare his fangs.

Twilight looked at Kitty after Ak left. The feline's reaction wasn't at all what she expected. The dragon would have been furious if someone dared to get so close to her and try to lick her. But Kitty seemed to be thinking about something and then licked her lips in a way that would have made Twilight raise her brow--if she had been a human. The cat then said something Twilight couldn't understand without the Gurlanin and left the room as well. While she was curios, she was more happy to finally be alone to rest some more.

Ak had just returned to his Togorian form when Kitty caught up to him. He inwardly groaned. 'Why is she here?' He was denied the option of just ignoring her because she got ahead of him and walked backwards, looking at him. "Where are you going? We have some unfinished business." That's what Kitty said before he had chance to question her. But the way she said it... Ak stopped and swung his arm out, pushing Kitty against the wall. He leaned forward, baring his fangs as he let out a canine growl and his eyes changed back to orange. Losing his concentration again already--fantastic. He sniffed at the Felacatian and his tail lashed behind him, betraying what he thought of her scent. He licked her again, however this time it was her neck and more than once. He did so thrice before stopping as if suddenly coming out of a trance. He growled again as he for a moment considered biting into the feline's neck. His tail swayed behind him slowly as he contemplated. His predatory instincts screamed at him to take advantage of the close proximity and go for the jugular. But yesterday--the way Kitty looked at him without saying anything, the lick she gave him, the unfortunate coincidental change afterward that left her naked before him. That last thing wouldn't have effected him at all if she hadn't licked him just seconds before. The Gurlanin growled a third time, but it wasn't predatory. It was carnal; he wanted the Felacatian and he wanted her now. He moved his arm so Kitty could move as he kissed her. The kiss was very brief and after Ak backed away from Kitty and started for his room. "So let's finish it then!" he called behind him.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty was admittedly rather startled when he ended up forcing her up against the wall. She very much did not need to take the lead it seemed. His action following were a mix of real threatening growls and lavish attention. She even sensed killing intent at one point. The licks sent tingles throughout her body and the danger very confusingly seemed to amplify it. Her heart rate very quickly spiking to levels she normally only experienced when a job went horribly wrong and she feared for her life. This time it was strangely intoxicating. After a kiss, Ak took off and Kitty found herself a little weak in the knees and took a little more effort and concentration to follow. fade to black

Waking up Kitty was somewhat surprised to find Ak still in bed with her, till she remembered all the fun they had last night. Kitty purred with the memory. What was far more surprising was how well of a rest she got. She hadn't slept that well since she was still traveling around with her step dad. "Still sure you don't want to stay?" Kitty asked the shape shifter teasingly.

Ak didn't go to sleep right away. He thought about what happened. How, he still had no idea because up until Kitty's lick Ak felt nothing, not even just on a physical level. She was just someone who made a better deal, offered him what he would have lost otherwise. He couldn't chalk last night up to showing appreciation. For one thing, he had already been given his promised payment. And they definitely didn't just go through the motions. So what happened? Well he didn't know much about her, just that she was a princess, a Sith, and apparently "Kitty" wasn't her real name. Maybe it was only physical... it just... felt like more than that for some reason.

The Gurlanin woke up the next morning to find Kitty still in his bed. He'd kinda expected her to slip out in the middle of the night. He smiled a little and without thinking about it, reached out to brush her hair out of her face. How ever confused about how they ended up here he was, Ak had enjoyed himself. Kitty woke soon after and Ak had to try to pretend he was just waking himself to avoid revealing he'd be laying there watching her sleep. Kitty seemed just as surprised to find they were still in bed together--she probably expected to have awoken to find the Gurlanin had left the planet. Ak's ears swiveled slightly when Kitty started purring. His eyes, which were back to their disguised color of dark brown, lowered a little at that as if he were suddenly feeling bashful. He still held a small smile though and his tail swayed a little beneath the sheet. The Felacatian's question brought his gaze back up to hers and his features returned to an unreadable neutral. "Staying in one place isn't my thing. Besides, I have no reason to stay here. I got the credits you promised for the job, and you know where to send the rest I requested for interpreting." Ak fell silent and seemed to be thinking. Being an untrustworthy being himself meant Ak never trusted anyone else. Kitty could always say she would send the rest of the credits but be lying. Even though he didn't want to, he would have to stay to make sure she actually paid him. The Gurlanin smiled, leaned forward and gave Kitty a kiss before whispering into her ear, "But good luck trying to convince me."

Ak walked to Twilight's room in his true form. As he did, he hoped the dragon would be asleep still; he didn't want to answer any questions she might have right now. Fortunately, Twilight was asleep when Ak walked into her room. He very quickly walked back out and went to track down a servant for breakfast. After eating, he returned to the room to find Twilight awake and enjoying her own food. The Gurlanin opted to wait for Kitty before saying anything. After all, he wasn't here for idle chatter. He sat in a corner of the room and watched the dragon. At least he could try to learn more about her species through her actions in the meantime.

Kitty

The Attention Seeker
Kitty was immensely disappointed to find Ak had no intention of sticking around after his job was done. As if to drive home the point he got up and left. The whispering in her ear sounded like he was taunting her. Sure this whole thing was on whim but it felt like more than that. Clearly Ak didn't have the same feelings. Kitty hissed to herself. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of begging him to stay. He was here to finish a job she still hadn't paid him for and nothing more.

Speaking of payment she didn't actually have the funds to pay him. Kitty groaned and flopped back on her back in the bed. She knew what she was going to have to do and it was embarrassing. Laying around for a moment Kitty worked up the will power to get dressed and ready. Combing her fur down and getting dressed in her favorite purple tank top and blue jean shorts. Leaving her room Kitty headed to the royal dinning hall where she knew she'd find her parents enjoying breakfast.

"Koneko what brings you here?" The queen asked blatantly using her given name. It's as if her mom knew she was going to ask for something and cornered her into playing along. Kitty held back a hiss. Her parents knew damn well that wasn't her name anymore and she didn't like being called it. Kitty sat down at the table and told one of the servants she'd have whatever meat the chef thought she would enjoy. "Can I borrow some credits to pay an interpreter. I'll pay you back." Kitty answered her parents.

"Can't you ever eat with us just to spend time with us?" Her dad asked this time surprisingly enough. She expected that kind of question from mom. Gah this was claws on a chalk board grating on her nerves. She had to play along though. "I suppose I could sit down with you guys more often I'm usually just so busy with my work."

"Speaking of that work, your sith activities not paying enough? If being with the sith isn't profitable then why not find other work like say with the jedi instead." The king hinted not so subtly. "Firstly the jedi largely aren't paid it's charity work they don't believe in wordly possessions. They're a bunch of brain washed monks stolen as children from their families, the parents having no idea the emotional suppression they'll be put through. Secondly I haven't been doing any work for the sith as of late. Been doing more freelance work." Kitty replied.

"And yet you are out of credits?" Her dad questioned. Her mom jumped in right after. "Tell you what. You tell us what you've really been up to and where all your money went and we'll give you all the credits you need for the interpreter with no need to pay us back."

Of course they knew something was up. This was a very difficult offer for Kitty. If she exposes what she's been up to they might shut it down. After all she's been using some of their resources on their planet for it. Was it really worth it for an interpreter on some curious side project. Her work with the slavers has become her life's mission. Kitty supposed she could just do a few high profile assassinations and get enough credits to move her operation outside of her parents sphere of influence. She didn't like doing those though as they usually involved people who had done nothing wrong except fight against corruption or injustice. A newly discovered sentient species though that has stayed in the shadows for a long time and likely will stay that way. This is likely the only chance to ever translate their language and accurately record their species.

Kitty settled on telling her parents. "I've been hunting down slavers capturing and torturing them while researching the ins and outs of biology and our molecular make up and also experimenting on them splicing their DNA with other species or completely altering it." Kitty said succinctly.

There was a long silence at the table as Kitty's meat arrived before her. She ignored it for now and waited for her parents reaction. Her father was the first to speak up. "Well as far as sith activities go it could be much worse right? At least it's just slavers and she isn't going around murdering people."

"I thought you were supposed to be different from the other sith and your goal was to change them from their radical ways." The queen spoke accusingly. "Nobody deserves torture."

"Oh but people deserve to be slaves!" Kitty yelled defensively jumping up and slamming her hands on the table digging her claws in. "Where were you guys when I was taken? For years many years I was but a pet a big lap cat for some rich pompous bastard. The sith saved me from that and what were you doing? Sitting on your throne enjoying the relief my absence gave you. The biggest threat to your reign the people's disapproval of me as your daughter creating peace for you."

"Koneko Arketa, you watch your mouth!" The queen yelled.

"That's not my name!" Kitty yelled back her rage boiling over as all the objects in the room began levitating and slowly being crushed.

Her dad in the mean time had his head down like he was ashamed there was more he could have done. Kitty tossed her datapad over to her dad with the information needed to transfer the credits and she stormed out of the room. The door opening for her with use of the force and then slamming it shut as she passed through. Only then did all the objects fall causing a lot chaotic noise.

Kitty made her way over to the room Twilight was housed in. She found Ak in there which was good that's exactly who she wanted to see. Let's get started. You'll have your credits before the end of today I'm just waiting on a transfer to go through.

It took much more than a day a few months actually before Kitty could fluently understand Twilight. However there was a major complication in that while Kitty could hear and understand the language she couldn't actually speak it. And visa versa Twilight was having a hard time speaking galactic basic. Either way Ak's services were done, he was paid and left like they didn't have any connection at all. Kitty put her team to work in developing a collar for Twilight that would translate other languages into hers. After spending some time with Kitty Twilight ended up leaving. Kitty offered to fly her home but she refused. She wanted to find where she and her kind fit in this galaxy so she took a public shuttle service and struck out on her own.

Meanwhile Kitty began scrolling through her work inbox and job boards to find some high paying jobs to recoup some credits.

While waiting for Kitty, Ak had decided to get better acquainted with Twilight's species by taking on her form. His initial plan had been to take the form of a Felacatian and just be coming in for the usual examinations, but since he had already entered the room in his native form, that plan was out. So Ak transformed and stretched his newly acquired wings. He looked at his tail, noting the fins; he looked at his claws; his eyesight was a lot sharper. Speaking of eyes... The Gurlanin looked over at Twilight to find her staring at him. The dragon was going to say something when Ak suddenly transformed again.

Ak felt a darkness. It was heavy and oppressive; he had felt something similar on Naboo. Kitty. This felt a little different, though. It was threatening but moreso than on Naboo, like maybe Kitty was about to attack someone. The Gurlanin hesitated going to find the Felacatian to try and calm her down. In fact, he hesitated so much that Kitty had already arrived by the time he decided to go. She had nothing to say to him other than that he would have his credits by the end of the day. For the remainder of the day, as a result of what he felt earlier, Ak made a point of speaking as though he were standing between two terribly hostile groups. His voice remained calm, his words like cool, soothing liquid flowing from a fountain. When Kitty's conversation with Twilight was over, the Gurlanin hurried to his room and stayed there for the rest of the day.

A few months. It was a lot longer than Ak wanted to be on Felacat, but Kitty wouldn't let him go until she was fluent in Twilight's language. At least Ak was to find out some things, like the name of Twilight's species. Apparently, she was a Nocnafuria. He had never heard the name before but now he could do some research later to see if anyone had any records of them. Over the few months Ak was somewhat forced to stick around, he actually began to slightly enjoy being around Kitty and Twilight. There was something... nice.. about the trio's arrangement. Twilight even started to feel a little more comfortable around Ak. However, at the end of the day, Ak would remind himself he was here for a reason: to get his credits. That was it.

By the time Kitty was nearly fluent in Twilight's language, Nocna, Ak was a little conflicted. He'd started seeing Kitty as more than a means to line his proverbial pockets. More than once the Gurlanin had caught himself thinking about the Felacatian beyond how long it would take her to learn Nocna or whether she was going to rage at someone. Specifically, he thought about their encounter in the hall not far from his room a few months ago. Since the day after that, he'd made a point of staying just over a Nocnafuria wing length away from Kitty.

The night before Kitty arranged for Ak to be transported off Felacat, she came to his room. The Gurlanin pretended he couldn't hear her, that he wasn't there. He knew what would happen if he opened the door. The next morning, after Kitty gave him his last payment, he left without a word to her or Twilight. Once he reached a space port, he got a charter back to Naboo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom