Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

had an argument. maybe i'm stupid maybe i'm right.

well! me and my dad got into it about Anakin having a father or not. he said he was fathered by the force which is partially correct BUT! Anakin's father is The Emperor in a way. Palpatine manipulated the Midi-chlorians inside of Shmi's womb to create Anakin. i knew i read something about this but I don't like fighting with him.

but i'm still willing to hear if my knowledge is outdated so feel free to flood me with corrections if i'm wrong.

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Vader had a vision to the effect that you're right:

EaKCSOq.png

I am not sure if this is still canon or not, or when that comic was made. But I knew that Palpatine at some point was suggested to have manipulated the Midichlorians to create Anakin.

I know the old, legends idea behind it was that Plagueis and Sidious tried to manipulate the midichlorians to create life.

The Force got mad at them and said "I don't listen to you!" and made Anakin, the Chosen One. Either way, neither of them actually really even knew where the life would end up starting anyways, they were just trying to bend the Force to their will and it didn't work.

In new canon it's less distinct, and it's important to keep in mind that that vision was also partially the result of a Kyber crystal resisting him and trying to keep him from bleeding and corrupting it, taking advantage of some of his doubts and insecurities to try and sway him away from that path. Probably shouldn't be conclusively taken to say that Palpatine actually directly made Anakin.

And beyond that, without directly having access to Shmi herself and knowing where the life would form, even if it was fully under his control, how would he have known where to send Maul to begin with?

TheReal_McChicken

Occasional Roleplayer
It absolutely makes sense, though I just don't understand why he didn't send Maul to collect Anakin almost as soon as he was born...

Maybe he needed to wait and see if it worked? To see if Anakin really was as powerful in the force as he needed to be? Also I guess he needed Anakin to become a Jedi so he could destroy them from within.

Eh, not much to debate. The whole "Palpatine is Anakin's real father/creator!" idea has been perpetuated for a long time, and Palpatine himself even used it against Vader as a way to keep Vader unsure, off-center, more easily manipulated.

It's just that the other published materials, over time, have taken pains to make sure that claim isn't actually legitimized and proven correct, complete with the part where the experiment to create a Force sensitive being was a failure because the Force rebounded on Plagueis and Sidious and made the Chosen One instead. It's fun to leave the question available in universe, but the out of universe intention was always that Anakin was made by the Force itself, not by Palpatine or Plagueis.

Be careful what you wish for.
To borrow a phrase from a character from another Disney vehicle: "He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy."

No matter who might have contributed to his birth, it was Obi-Wan that was a father to him (even if he did reference them as "brothers"). Just my opinion.

Seriously? :D It's Yondu from Guardians of the Galaxy 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom