Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech H01 Artificial Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
2iiTXMt.png
[Image Unavailable]

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To produce an artificial intelligence geared towards commanding and coordinating multiple high-maintenance systems simultaneously.
  • Development Thread: [X] [2852 words]

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Designer: Hannibal Oryen / Hegemonic Automaton Researchers / Saiba Group Researchers
  • Manufacturer: Hegemonic Automaton
  • Model: Hermaeus-Series Artificial Intelligence
  • Affiliation: Customers
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Durasteel, Circuitry, Gabonna Memory Crystal, Xylen

DESCRIPTION

The H01 Artificial Intelligence is the culmination of several months worth of effort in analyzing an ancient Rakatan artificial intelligence recovered from an abandoned foundry. Fondorian droid engineer Hannibal Oryen and a number of other researchers from both Hegemonic Automaton and Saiba Group teamed up to construct a newer, more efficient artificial intelligence capable of overseeing large installations, such as foundries, fortresses, and star destroyers.

In essence, the role of the H01 isn’t to act as a souped-up piece of slicing equipment, nor is it to defend against attempts at slicing. Like the AXIOS system developed by the old Empire, the primary aim of the H01 is to reduce the need for manpower aboard starships. This mostly amounts to monitoring and controlling targeting systems, life support, navigation, and nearly every other imaginable technical duty on board a starship. The ones that don’t actually require a physical presence, that is, such as loading turrets or effecting repairs.

H01s typically only respond to their designated owner. In their dealings, they are relatively strange. The level of intelligence needed for them to operate grants them a higher semblance of a personality. In their dealings, H01s appear eccentric, witty, and relatively arrogant. They neglect to openly condescend or deride those they speak with, but there is no mistaking the undertones of what they say. Frequently, the names they choose for themselves are flowery and rather ridiculous.

The strengths of the H01 include that it is highly intelligent, highly adaptive, and easily capable of executing a variety of commands to cope with changing tactical situations. On the down side, it holds no special defenses against slicing beyond what its resident system holds and cannot engage in slicing activities.

There is, of course, also the matter of the necessary power supply. To operate effectively, the H01 requires exorbitant amounts of power. This frequently takes the form of a second generator being installed at its location. H01s are very difficult to produce, install, and transport, and so they do not see very frequent production, especially given their high cost.

It is also better to afford the H01 an adequate amount of time to familiarize itself with a system. Randomly installing an H01 into a foreign system and asking it to perform all manner of activities is simply not an option. For maximum results in command, coordination, and so forth, give the H01 at least three days to sit without issuing complex commands.

Like all Hegemonic Automaton products, the H01 Artificial Intelligence has the capacity to go rogue. Customers are highly advised to regularly memory-wipe their H01 Artificial Intelligences. A H01 AI that shrugs its restrictive or loyalty protocols can pose a direct threat to crew on naval vessels or personnel in any manner of facilities- either by manipulating security systems or through craftier malevolent means.

Hegemonic Automaton is not responsible for H01 Artificial Intelligences that assume sapience.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Hannibal Oryen"]
Alright. Read through everything and such. Only two things I need clarification on.

What are these?

Hannibal Oryen said:
Gabonna Memory Crystal, Xylen

And I'm assuming this cannot be used as a player character. Is that assumption correct?

[member="Popo"]

I don't see why it couldn't be a player character, as long as the person playing it doesn't try to circumvent the established weaknesses.

I'm adding links to those two things. There was a dev thread done some time ago that re-discovered a source of Xylen.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Hannibal Oryen"]
Mkay. I figured the two things were canon, but wasn't sure lol As for the PC ability, not hugely keen on it, but it's a balanced enough submission that any PC will have some pretty good checks and balances so that should work out.

Approved pending secondary, abuse and suffer the wrath of Popo on chili night.

[member="Tefka"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom