Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech H.T.E. Proximity Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
proximity_mine_textured_01.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Blow people up, if advancing on a position
  • Image Source: here
  • Canon Link: Please link
  • Restricted Missions: None
  • Primary Source: None
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: House Thul Estate
  • Model: H.T.E. Proximity Mine
  • Affiliation: Open Markert
  • Modularity: None
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, scanner, explosive material
  • Explodes if scanners are set off, with in 1/2 meter of it
  • 5 meters of shrapnel aoe
  • 3 meter of Ion damage
Strengths:
  • once armed, can not be disarmed
  • Can be buried
Weaknesses:
  • Does not know the difference between friend of foe.
  • The scanner pulse can be detected
DESCRIPTION
The proximity mine has a life of one year, then the mine will exploded used or unused. The scanner which determines when it explodes, is set at half a meter away, so anything bigger than a small mammal, will set it off. This will not detect stealth technologies or force users, but if they step on it, then it would still go off.

The blast comes in two parts, a frag part with packed full of ball bearings as well as a the shrapnel from the casing. This explodes releasing the ball bearing, and this also shatters the outer casing. This blast could hit anything within five meters, and get through small gaps in armour. The second part of it, is an ion burst that can disable electronics on vehicles. This causing them to crash, if not protected form the blast.

Once the device is set to on, it can not be disarmed, nor can it tell who is coming.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
<p>Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.</p>

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
Howdy. Couple things to clear up, and then you should be good to go.

This blast will hit anything within five meters, and get through small gaps in armour.
Would you mind rewording this part to make it a little less absolute? We try to avoid phrasing that makes it seem like someone has to take a hit. We both know that walking away from something like this unscathed isn't likely, but it's not up to us to determine whether or not someone takes a hit.

Also, I'm a little confused on the two part blast thing. Does the ball bearing charge pop up like a bouncing Betty, or is the whole thing just one stationary charge that blasts put shrapnel and projectiles? If you could clear that up in the description, that would be great.

Thanks much.

[member="Elaine Thul"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom