Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech H.T.E. Power Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
4108480-1451271728.jpg

Image Source: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/Images/10328/?
Intent: To Create power armour, to sell
Development Thread: Here posts 11, 16, 23, 37, 43, 48, 65, 93, 99, 109, 116, 124, 145
Here posts 6, 33, 50, 64, 70, 80, 85,
Here a thread getting mats
Manufacturer: House Thul Estates
Model: H.T.E. Power Armour
Affiliation: Elaines Housecarls
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Trimantium
Classification: Power Armour
Weight: 400kg
Quality: 10
Special Features: HUD
Independent air Supply (3hrs)
Hydraulic Strength
Deflector Shields 1/2 an hour
In built wrist blaster both arms
In built AGL on left arm
Fusion Battery
Can survive in any or no atmosphere wearin it
Internal comms unit
Proximity sensor
AC as standard
Ion and EMP protection

Description: This armour was designed for the use of veteran and elite units only, as it was too expensive to be used by anyone else. The armour was used by shock troopers personal bodyguards, and it's high armour rating plus deflector shield technology used, meant whoever was wearing it was a walking tank. The wearer could also use heavy weapons without any restrictions, as the hydraulic strength would compensate for any the restrictions. This meant the user could have maximum firepower available to them, and still keep moving.
As well as armour designed for ship hull, it also came with it's own deflector shield wo add to defense. This however had major draw on it's power supply, which was a fusion battery, and using this more thirty minutes, meant a battery change would be necessary soon. Also when that happens the wrist blaster become inoperable, and the hydraulics become sluggish, though they still work. To combat this having the power armour units work in tandem, and having more batteries brought to them to keep the power up.
On each arm they have a basic wrist blaster built in, incase there main weapon becomes inoperable. Also on their left arm they have an in built Auxiliary Grenade Launcher (AGL), and a small holder for three AG's on the left leg. This was gave the suit wearer some tactical options, in what grenades to take with them. The AGL was designed to help fire grenades, further than could be thrown in this case a hundred meters. Which was same has her infantry blaster, and most standard types that she knew of.
Due to it being a sealed unit, it was completely shut off from outside atmosphere. This meant the suit could be used anywhere, including on desserts thanks to inbuilt AC unit. Also in toxic atmospheres they can use their internal oxygen supply, and thanks to training that is required with suit, the average wearer could last three hours.
Also it had in built proximity sensor, this would alert the user to anyone trying to sneak up on them. Due to hud actually seeing everything, it was the same as seeing through a camera eye, which could also change type of vision being used.
The suit could take a Ion or emp blast and still keep working, though if it was direct blast from grenade, or multiple shots from a Ion blaster, then suit shut down. Though it could handle a few shots, or a blast from the grenade if something else had soaked a lot of the blast. If they are affected by it, they are stuck in the suit until repaired or cut out of it.
The downside to this armour was it weight, which meant the user would be advised not walk on ice. Also the size of it, meant they were not dodging any attacks. This was problematic when facing a force user, as they would not be able to evade a lightsaber. Though it would take a few seconds to cut through, they would have chance to try and grab them.
Primary Source:[SIZE=12.2222px] Infantry Blaster for AGL[/SIZE]

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Elaine Thul said:
Development Thread: Here posts 11, 16, 23, 37, 43, 48, 65, 93, 99 and ongoing
Thanks for giving me specific post numbers to look at; that it makes it a lot easier. Power armor by itself typically needs 10 posts just for that feature. A quality of "10" for an armor is going to require additional development.

Elaine Thul said:
Weight: 400kg

This is pretty heavy, which while certainly possible (Zero-G Assault Stormtrooper Armor probably weighs as much), I might consider making it lighter. There are probably some terrains and structures that they won't be able to cross because of its heavy weight. If someone hits this with an EMP device, there is next to no chance that the occupant will be able to move in it as well. Just something to consider.

Elaine Thul said:
In built AGL on left arm
Can you hyperlink this for ease of reference?

[member="Gir Quee"] edited added another post 109
Added some defence from emp and Ion, thanks for advice, though if someone does unload a lot on it yep they are stuck in there, till it gets repaired or cut out.
AGL no link to it, just standard one used on the blaster I make, nothing special.

Elaine Thul said:
may I ask what i need to do to bump the quality up.
When it gets to higher quality of armor class, it's equal parts of development and lowered production. The closest equivalent to this armor that I can find is this suit.

Based on that, I see two options:

1) Limited production at quality 10 with ~25 substantial development posts
2) Lower quality of the armor for a bigger production run and less development.

Let me know which one you want to go with.

Elaine Thul said:
if limited could it be used by unique veteran companies of troops?
If by companies, we mean hundreds of troops, this isn't likely. As a rough estimate, we're talking no more than 100 suits of armor at limited, and that's probably pushing it.

I like to keep rating 10 and do more dev
If I was to get it to point I could use it to equip a company of soldiers, how many post would I need to do?
Even other unique ones as well as my housecarls, how many would I need to do?

[member="Gir Quee"]

Elaine Thul said:
I like to keep rating 10 and do more dev
If I was to get it to point I could use it to equip a company of soldiers, how many post would I need to do?
There are some things that no amount development will get approved. A quality 10 power armor being employed in large numbers is one of those things. There would be a lot of concern and liaibility of abuse with large numbers.

Option 1 is probably the closest to that however. With Limited production, you could probably equip most (but not all) soldiers of a company with this power armor.

Elaine Thul said:
Even other unique ones as well as my housecarls, how many would I need to do?
If you want to make unique variants, that would probably be best addressed with a separate submission for each variant. The one exception to that might be if the changes are purely aesthetic and not in any way functional changes to the armor.

Elaine Thul said:
Gir Quee I edited to limited. How many troops would you be comfortable with me subbing, in the housecarl company wearing this.

This is probably a better question for a codex judge.

I'd rather not give strict numbers out for this, but with limited production, these shouldn't be very common on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom