Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guns Guns Guns

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Rusty"]

So much had been going on as Matsu sat there working to set up operations with the mining guild. They were working to move forward and expand their operations into something that would ensure they were expanding across the galaxy. Subtle and less interesting then how some of the others liked to do things but she was quiet about it and had been building up factories with the converters. Nico was the one who recommended working with after checking some of their stuff. So meeting as she sat in the small office being set up in the main city under the min chamber of stone and buildings. "When our guest arrives, have him sent in to meet with me." There was a confirmation from the droid and Matsu leaned back in the chair.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
The appointment was set for 0915.

Rusty did not arrive at 0914. He did not arrive at 0916, or 0915 and 30 seconds. He stepped through the door at exactly 0915.

Punctuality might not have been something most beings set value by this day, but the Shard was not most beings. When he made an appointment, he kept it, come hell or high water.

Today, the Shard was dressed in an expensive business suit, custom tailored for his droid chassis. His booted feet barely made a sound as he crossed the threshold into the room where the meeting was to take place. He carried no weapons, which would have struck those that knew him as odd, but he didn't want to give the wrong impression. In his left hand was a briefcase loaded with datapads and documents, as well as a design console that would help draw up any rough plans for products they might decide on. His right hand was empty. Both were covered in bantha-leather gloves, expensive black ones that both matched the suit and covered his lethal-looking metal fingers.

Ordinarily, Rusty would have worn a hood to disguise his true nature, but today wasn't one of those days. His skeletal head didn't gleam. Being overly reflective was a good way to get shot. But it had been thoroughly cleaned, though all the cleaning in the world couldn't quite erase scuffs and dings that resulted from years old hard combat.

His silver photoreceptors, which normally glowed with a sinister silver light, had been slightly adjusted to look more cheerful.

All in all, the Shard was ready for this meeting. Or at least, he was as ready as he'd ever be.

"Good morning," he said, his robotic voice a basso rumble. "My name is Rusty. It's a pleasure to meet you."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Rusty"]

Matsu looked up as she rose with a bow to the man.. no looking at his face she was detecting more electronic then life as she rose back to a standing position. "THank you for coming please have a seat." The jedi master remained there and had another bow of her head before sitting in the seat that lifted her. She was shorter then most jedi she knew and so needed to be there to have some presence while the holoprojectors of their projects were on the desk. The ranger's gear for what Willa had wanted and designed a massive rifle for sniping from extreme range and a plasma shotgun that was compacted. "I was glad to see you accepted and after seeing your work on an old friends sword I was rather interested in getting some help making things."

Rusty

The sword was probably a reference to the blastsword the Shard had forged not long after opening the shop. He was pleased to hear that word of his work had gotten around. In this business, reputation was everything.

"I would be more than happy to assist."

Rusty opened the briefcase and fired up the design console. The holoprojector hummed to life, projecting a blank input field into the air above the desk.

"So what exactly would you like built? I can do all sorts of arms and armors, though I feel I should warn you that I don't yet have access to exotic materials like phrik or cortosis. If you've got some certified stashes of your own we can work with them, but otherwise, we'll have to stick with more conventional materials. Mind you," he said with a slight chuckle, "you can get a lot more mileage out of the more mundane stuff than you'd think."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Rusty"]

Phrik and cortosis were nice for things but in the practical produced sense she couldn't see more of them. Even with the phrik and cortosis mines they had making it would be a lot more then she wanted to sell or give way to... but there was some better materials easier to produce. "Phrik and cortosis are nice but I do prefer hybrid plexisteel. Lightweight and strong plus we have can make more of it." She leaned back in the seat sifting through the designs. "One of the weapons we were looking to develop was an orbital sniper rifle, laser based as to avoid drop and with extreme range and power. Mountable for a starship."

Rusty

"Mountable for a starship as in you want this thing to be used on a starship, or as in you want to have a guy on the ship who can pick out things on the ground with it?""

Making a laser-based weapon with those capabilities wasn't entirely impossible. Blasters might require an immense amount of energy to reach the ground from orbit with the bolt intact, but lasers were basically just light on steroids. They could be tuned to account for atmospheric attenuation, and could be made invisible. It would still take a lot of power, and the equipment would be a bit on the large side. If this was a device that was mounted on a ship, the Shard would honestly rather make something along the lines of a turret. You could tap directly into the ship's power, you could make the actual work of aiming it a lot easier, and you could fit some badass optics on it.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Rusty"]

She was looking at him and had a grin on her face. "I want to get them something that can be aimed and have more accuracy then an orbital strike rifle. Painting a target is good but nothing is so accurate to just be able to hit there and avoid the others. I want to minimize wnton destruction and it will also possibly provide a way to deal with other dangers we have in space. The jedi have found larger creatures and things that people do not know how to fight. Size though and power is the issue, first indication was to get it able to be tapped into the ships power supply and handling the abilities with the optics could be requiring something special."

Rusty

Perfect.

"In that case, I can definitely make this happen. What I'll need from you are supplies and access to a ship."

The Shard began sketching out plans on the design console. He started with a basic turret, not unlike what one might find on a light freighter. It was basically a transparisteel dome with what looked like a cannon barrel sticking out of it.

"It's not going to be easy, but I think it will be worth the effort."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Rusty"]

If it was easy she thought then it wouldn't be worth doing and with the right work up she could likely get the fabrication from their converters for the equipment they could make. She had some exotic resources at her disposal speaking with a grin. "THen it will be nice to see, we have been working on equipment namely new weapons for our ranger's line. The rail pistols and ballistic knives have become popular." There was also the bodygloves they ad made that worked nicely for protection before armor was applied to them and her favorite the toolkits with all the modular tubes for weapons. "We have the machinery to start fabrication quickly. One of our many things for building up and keeping costs down."

Rusty

"I think I've got a proprietary design for an electromagnetically propelled pistol that'll serve your rangers well, and could easily be adapted for a ballistic knife."

The design was simple and more rugged than most coil or rail guns, and while it used more power, it was easier to maintain.

"Well, when would you like to start?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Rusty"]

Matsu looked at him and he was thinking of ways to make what she had said already but her hands came up and opened a panel on the wall with the force. Energy going out while she presented. The seven weapons from the ranger's series were there in their most efficient form while she spoke. "Oh we have those, the ranger's series we developed and can maintain is power and build to be a commando's dream. Rail pistol, sonic shotgun, near minigun assault rifle, ballistic knife, biometric handgrips, alternate fire modes, customized camo skins that can be changed and twenty two underbarrel attachments."

Ranger's Line:
SHG-001- Ranger's Field Pistol
SSM-002- Ranger's SMG
SSG-003- Ranger's Shotgun
SAR-004- Ranger's Assault Rifle
SSR-005- Ranger's Sniper Rifle
SGL-006- Ranger's Launcher
SCK-007- Ranger's Combat Knife

Rusty

"So...you're wanting me to manufacture these items?"

The Shard would have frowned, if he had a face.

"Please bear in mind that I don't yet have the facilities to handle mass production. If you're willing to invest, I can have the facilities built and we can start production in a matter of weeks, but I want to verify that this is what you had in mind first. Also, we'll need to draw up a contract for that."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Rusty"]

"We have the ability to handle mass production and would be glad to invest to help you reach that. What I want is to get your help in making the more advanced weapons such as the orbital rifle and advanced plasma projectors we have working in some of the designs. We are jedi and have some ideas but we are not weapon makers, artisans who can make nice looking hilts for sabers sure but weapons for soldiers and their armors. We only go with what we know." She sat back a little and they had plenty of gear but helping build more weapons that could be reliable and in the field was important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom