Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Gunfight in Al-Campur (HSC Dominion of Sriluur)

The Human

T
The twin Rodians on their assault did not expect such resistance, much less from flamethrowers. The one attacking Varm Nul Varm Nul would screech loudly and start jumping off towards a different section of the Hanger Bay, actually caught on fire. A good idea to be honest, if acid won't do it, fire can! The other Rodian would also break pursuit, noticing them fleeing the scene in particular. Without much prey to follow, they merely were ready to lick their own wounds, having backed off with one of them with some pretty bad burns.

-------------------------------

The words of Azar, this human Azanti he was going to try and predict from the tendrils sticking out of his face, was before him. The group that was in front he was questioning earlier were now off to the side as two of the slaves near the doorway seemed spooked and backed up. Sitting on the impromtu throne, his fingers tapping onto the ends of the stone thrones arms, he spoke with that gritted voice.

"The word I been told, meant conqueror, freedom...rogue slave. I assure you, I am not the later of which they so speak of. I came to this world for a few deals...a few deals, that seemed to have fallen through specturally."

His ability to sense in the Force was extremely dull, he had no true ability to figure out if a Force Sensitive was nearby or not without focusing on the individual purposely. Leaning back on the throne, he did not know the individual and while killing the person quickly would get him back on schedule, he did entertain the idea of wondering who this person was or how the person got past a lot of rather hungry and vicious just made killers.

"I am now curious how you got in here. Cane either represents nobility, power or injury, I do not believe for a second the third option is even close to viable. What is your reason to be here on the eve of this...great escape."

Varm Nul Varm Nul Azar Kortun Sly Chance Sly Chance Sal Katarn Sal Katarn A'ti A'ti Amun Amun Ferro the Hutt Ferro the Hutt BB-G4 Hachi X-0 Hachi X-0

WojtekBiker.jpg

Theme

THE CALVARY HAS ARRIVED​
The blurg riding Posse could see off in the distance, a swoop cutting across the desert towards them. The swoop's roar of a wide-open throttle, the robust, throaty growl of a big V-twin repulsors and the thrumpy exhaust would echo across the horizon. The furry pint sized rider straddled hard to the saddle, his arms stretched wide on the handle bars, shento cigar gripped in his lips while the hot Sriluurian air whistled through his hair and flapped his head scarf about. The Ewok's eyes were protected from elements by a dark and fashionable sunglasses adding a bit more badassery to the little savage.

Why was Wojtek there? How did he get his fussy paws on a oversized swoop bike? Is that cigar in his mouth?.................... So many questions, non that need to be answered in that moment. The ewok Hutt enforcer was there and there was only one reason Gorba would let the little beast out. Wojtek was a promise, a promise of severe consequence. Some of those in the posse would recognise Wojtek, most probably thinking he was Gorba's pet but eitherway, he should not be fired upon as he jetted towards them.

Azar Kortun

A
The Human

Azar studied the room around them and the figure atop the throne, speaking in that odd voice. He felt there was a hollowness to the figure, which he could not place.

His curiosity was piqued. "Freed slave, is it? Interesting concept. Are we ever truly free? Or are we enslaved to ourselves?"

At the comment of the cane, his mouth twitched. "I am an old man, though I have been fortunate to keep some of my looks. As for how..." He turned and gestured to the door. "Someone left the door open. I thought it looked welcoming. I would fear to think what sort of deal you would seek that would end in bloodshed and violence."

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
A nerfherder in a past life, Sal felt a pang of nostalgia amid the crushing heat and sweat-drenched adrenaline as he swung a leg over the closest blurrg and yanked on the reins. Behind them, an explosion went off, stalling the Kanjiklub horde for a moment. Sal twisted around in his saddle and spotted a figure he did not recognize running along the rooftops. Hachi X-0 Hachi X-0

Thanks would have to wait.

Kicking his heels in, Sal urged his mount forward until they were racing across the desert at full tilt.

He pointed and shouted over the braying and panting of the blurrgs. "We'll head for that rock formation. Saw a private landing pad on our way end with a nice lookin' courier."

Probably the luxury shuttle for some Houk mining executive. He might not be too happy about them lifting the shuttle, but the choice was that or get torn apart by a mob. And Sal weren't itchin' to fall into their hands anytime soon.

No sooner had he thought this than he heard more commotion behind them. Turning again in the saddle, he saw that the Kanjiklub warriors had got some of their own mounts and were in hot pursuit. A few also looked to be on repulsor sleds.

At that moment, an Ewok on a speeder bike zoomed into view. Sal grunted. Wojtek. Another one of Gorba's hired hitters.

"Little late," he rasped over the bike's thrum.

Varm Nul Varm Nul | Sly Chance Sly Chance | Amun Amun | Azar Kortun | BB-G4 | Aurelius Baldor | The Human | Ferro the Hutt Ferro the Hutt | Wojtek Wojtek

The Human

T
There was a strange silence in the Throne Room as the left hand gently tapped onto the side of the throne. Each tap echoed in the room, as if remembering something. Glancing upwards, the masks see through eyes would try to look towards the aging individual from the other side of the room.

"Freedom comes from nothing more than the willpower to allow it. I never been a slave in the technical terms, though I know what the idea of being pressed into a job."

"As for what...caused such a deal break down...those here did not wish to follow what I demanded. I wanted a few people for myself, those who I would...allow their gifts to thrive. They denied such a request after a large sum of credits have already been transferred and requested me to leave the planet with a destroyed starship conveniently outside of mine. It did not take long to destroy some of the individuals mentally...physically...and then turn their most precious commodity against them."

"While I could speak further, I must still inspect more...potentials. What they do with the planet after I leave, is up to them. I am taking who I want, strong warriors to add to my fleet. If they keep the riff raff off the planet, so be it."

Azar Kortun

Varm Nul

ꜰᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴀᴡ? ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ sᴇᴇ
SRILUUR
AL-CAMPUR

varm_spacer_test.png
At least there was a destination in mind.

Varm Nul recalled the flight in, and had a vague recollection of the landing pad Sal spoke about, though the Duros had been in thought about other things. Still, the human was the only one with an actual plan, beyond fighting back or continuously riding around, so it was as good as anything. Not only that, but the blurrg Varm Nul rode on hadn't taken kindly to the new rider, which the bounty hunter tried not to take personally, and insisted on pulling the reins and causing all kinds of issues to make it difficult to stay on the saddle.

"All right, to that private landing pad, then," Varm Nul muttered, as he gritted his pointed teeth and readjusted on the saddle. He had started to slip off to one side, before he used a small burst of boot thruster to realign himself. "This damn thing is goin' to be the death of me..."

But, there were also some other developments. The first of which was the mob, which was now equally mobile, to which Varm Nul drew one of his blaster pistols and aimed backward, before he opened fire and tried to ping a few that were giving chase. The other was the rapid approach of a small, furry alien on a swoop:

"...is that an Ewok?"

Azar Kortun

A
The Human

Azar tilted his head, considering. "You are indeed correct. Freedom is there for all who have the will to grasp it. I fear it is something that many in the galaxy do not know, to the detriment of themselves and their interests."

Someone forced into a job, but not a slave. Riddle upon riddle. Mystery after mystery. "Do you have a name? Or did that die with your bargaining?"

He allowed himself a small smile at the little jest, but did not dwell on it. "You claim to speak for freedom and yet sought to purchase others? Do I understand your words? Would that not make you just as bad as the Hutts you rally them against?"

His voice had raised slightly so any of the freed Kanjiklub members could still hear it. It was one of the easiest methods of dissuading potential enemies. Distract and separate them from each other. Whether it would work, he could no more guess, but it could at least level the field from this other's apparent numeric advantage.

The Human

T
The words started to become twisted from the other man, making his eyes behind the mask narrow a bit in displeasure. Though it was rude to not give a name, he felt that none would match what the mind had become. Tapping a bit more rapidly on the left arm of the throne, the words did bring dissent among some of the freed slaves though they seemed a bit reserve. They saw what he had done and how he could do it, time and time again. The Human kept his anger for now, looking upwards for a moment as he answered.

"Purchasing, training, allowing their freedom to blossom. I admit, I only wished for a select few...but perhaps this was for the better."

Slowly, he finally rose from the throne and began to walk towards some of the freed Kanjiklub, being a bit slow as he spoke with his right hand gently tapping on the back of an individual.

"Think, all they knew before hand was life was hell. Slaves, turned or born into it. There was never any peace for them, it was always the fight to keep themselves alive, moving...going forward. It took only those fools to fight against me, that I decided to show just how much hidden strength each one had."

Going towards another one, his left hand rather expertly pulled a spear from the ground that was embedded of the remains of some poor guards shoulder. Flipping it upwards into both of his hands, he flicked it around gently and rolled it between his fingers.

"All it took...was someone to show that strength could be turned into a use. A power that could be harnessed and used, numbers always win against those of smaller kind and those that sought to diminish said abilities, underestimation per say. They banded together behind a select few that wished to help expand their power, their own ability to free themselves, to achieve victory against their foes. While I would say I, we as a group stormed into this chamber, they done the damage."

Carefully, he turned while holding the spear, as if having some strange attachment to it as it flicked rather expertly in his left hand. Standing next to the throne, he overlooked the older individual. The words would effect the Kanjiklub as some may converse a bit more, admitting to some of the things to be true. He seemed to have been a natural leader at some point, or at least, knew how to speak.

"Through their triumphs, their victories against their own foes, those you call the Hutts, they are now freed. Broken from their restraints, their chains of bondage and allowed to make choices for themselves for the first time in days, months, years, decades...maybe even a century. Only they, can now guide destiny, those that wish to decide on their own path. I still seek the warriors I require, perhaps a bit more difficult now to convince...but the Force has guided to this exact moment, it had freed them...just as it gave me life without warning."

"If you ask if I have a name, I have not determined it yet...at least, a name I am content with...nor do I seek the ideocracy of a title beyond Lord. So....Lord it is till I know what to be named. I am sure some of those freed, may give the same sentiment when named by their captors."

Azar Kortun

Azar Kortun

A
The Human

Anger. Displeasure. Subtle threats. The sensations Azar felt through the Force curled his lips upward. This one could be a tasty meal, indeed, or perhaps a useful tool in the future. He just needed to continue to find the right buttons. The right hooks to slide in gracefully until they became the strings that make a marionette dance.

"The lives of all sentient beings are that way," he responded with a shrug. "A fight. A struggle to survive and to persevere. That is what has driven the wheels of evolution for millions of years. If they were so weak as not to see that freedom was always in their grasp..." He shrugged again before resting both hands on the top of his cane. "That is their own choice."

The spear was an interesting choice for a weapon. Archaic, perhaps, but useful in the right hands. Whether or not this... nameless one had the right hands was yet to be determined.

"Lord is another illusion. A word that many pretend grants power. But it is nothing. A breath lost to the wind immediately after being spoken. Those who grant them seek to cement their own image of power."

His eyes swept the room, taking in the bodies and the remaining freed slaves. "Your destinies are and have always been your own. Seize it with your hands and let no one claim to give it you. You only get what you can take in this world."

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
As the Ewok covered their escape, the Howlrunners made their way to the outskirts of the city, where they found the landing platform. Sal would have felt worse as he blew a hole through the lone guard keeping watch over the shuttle, except that the horde of bloodthirsty Kanjiklub were still on their tail. He didn't much plan on stickin' around to see what they had in mind for him and his little posse.

The shuttle was a luxury vehicle and consequently in exquisite working condition. Had too many bells and whistles for Sal's taste though.

While Azar debated the finer points of free will with the instigators of this uprising, Sal and the Howlrunners prepared to leave this planet and make a report back to the Council on what had transpired today.

Varm Nul

ꜰᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴀᴡ? ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ sᴇᴇ
SRILUUR
AL-CAMPUR

varm_spacer_test.png
It seemed Sal's plan worked out good, as Varm Nul approached the shuttle.

The one calling the shots proceeded to take a shot, which put the lone guard of the vessel down, and then it was time to load up.

"Ain't got time to waste," Varm Nul said in a gravelly voice, as he slipped off the blurrg and landed with a thud. With pistol still in hand, the Duros was really tempted to shoot the ugly riding creature, but didn't. Barely. "They're comin' in fast, get on that shuttle!"

To better provide some time, since Varm Nul wasn't really the one who was suited to breaking into a starship, he pulled out his second blaster pistol and began shooting. Now that he was free from the jostling blurrg - which had run away, proving it had some intelligence - the blaster bolts started to impact the approaching enemy with pinpoint precision.

Still, no matter how good his aim, there was no way Varm Nul could take them all out before they arrived.

"Now or never."

The Duros walked backward, so he got closer to the shuttle for when the ramp opened...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom