Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Gun-totin, Drinking, Smokin Hoss That You Can Bet On (Mando Enclave)

Today was field day.

With recent activity spiking, and a host of Newer, or New-ish mandalorians on the block, it was going to be my job to run the range today. Allow people to practice their aim either from standing, kneeling, prone, or even from the air. The point of getting everyone out here was to freshen up on some good ol' skills with your weapon of choice. As the saying goes, I'd rather be in a shoot out against a man with a thousand guns, than a man with one. Implying that the man with one gun, was so goddamn good at his job, he only needed that one gun.

Today, was where we were going to just have some good ol plinking around. Practicing our shot, or just having some fun with friendly competition. If people wanted to bet credits for best shots, then they could go for it, or if they just wanted to hang out and learn some tips and tricks from some of the more veteran people.

The Hunting rifle I owned was slung in front of me. Of course I had my pistol too. Never hurt to freshen up the skills you learned when you were young. Hell, I could think back to when my mother was teaching me to hunt vermin away from our farm fields. Now, its used to kill some of the worst people this galaxy had to offer. So still vermin.

"Alright everyone. Pay attention please!"

Standing up onto a table so that anyone who was here could clearly see me, and hear me. I clapped my hands together once like I was about to spill some juicy secret.

"While I am sure all of you know how to handle a weapon well, I am running the range today. So I'm just gonna go over the rules just because it never hurts. One! Always keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction. If that means holstering it, laying it on the ground with no charge or round in it, or down range. No before anyone asks, Pointing up is also not safe cus gravity is still a real thing here. Two! if you are not on the firing lines for the range, you should not have a Firearm in your hands. Slings, holsters, or holding equipment is fine if you are not on the line. Third, Your booger hooker is only on the trigger of the firearm on the line. No dry firing chit just cus you want to test out the hairtrigger. Four! For the love of all that is Manda, please keep all proper protective equipment on. Yes I know we may have not used them back home or out on the job, but this is a range. Safety is first here. Please. Now go and enjoy yourselves!"

Last edited:
Untitled812_20230801212140.png

Objective: Target training, support
Tag: Tarre Priest Tarre Priest OPEN
Equipment: In bio

Untitled852_20230822200401.png
Celt stood with her Enrico tucked into her shoulder, working the action smoothly and sending several slugs in quick succession down range and into the target. It wasn't the most powerful rifle by far, but it was good for training as it didn't do much of the work for you, classic lever actions also had a certain tactile pleasure to fire.

The Alor'ad had listened intently to the safety briefing from Tarre Priest Tarre Priest , it was similar to the talk she had given many times during training and what she had told the boys she had come here with not an hour before. This was his range, his rules.

After finishing off her full load she looked at the two kids that were here under her ward, one was Saxon by birth, the other a foundling, they were about the same age and seemed to have taken each other more like siblings than mere vod, it was good to see. "I told you, you are pulling the trigger, you need to squeeze it. Look at your brother, his muzzle doesn't lift like yours." she corrected as she reloaded her weapon. One of the brothers seemed to struggle with his own rifle. It was basic stuff, but they were young and had not long picked up their first real weaponry.

The boy tried again, making similar mistakes but she could see he was trying, trying too hard. "You need to relax, it's just a gun, and it's just target range, you are surrounded by vod, and yet you look so uncomfortable?" she asked, raising her eyebrow underneath her helmet. She aimed down range and began to fire again, standing casually and talking to the boy between shots "If you allow the gun to just be an extension of you, and operate it as naturally as you might operate your own hands, you will find you can free up your mind to focus on hitting your target, perhaps talking to students, perhaps planning what you want to eat tonight." she was aware that focus was essential when using a weapon, but was using this as an exercise that remaining relaxed would make them more effective.

Reggie Rau

R

banner17.png

STORM
SHOOTING RANGE | KESTRI
TAG: Tarre Priest Tarre Priest | Celt Saxon Celt Saxon

roxydiv.png

banner.png

WHITE WEDDING

She was settling into the Enclave well enough.

Reggie had found a family within it again. Never replacing the one she had, but definitely one that filled the emptiness. But just sometimes, she still took off on her own on the frozen planet to spend time with her white noise.

It usually involved firearms.

Today was no different in that regard. Well, maybe a little, as today she decided to join a group of Vode on the range instead of being solitary. One she recognised as one of the sisters she had made since joining the Enclave - Celt Saxon Celt Saxon .

The guy giving the safety briefing, however, was still unknown to the young Rau. She had to get around more instead of just waging war and travelling between the Iron's Hearth and the Tavern. Perhaps she'll get to know more armours that way. Either way, she listened. Not that she needed reminding. More like trying not give a rat's ass.
"Please. Now go and enjoy yourselves!"

"Finally." she said under her breath before taking a stance and putting five rounds from the battle rifle into the V of the target - all through the same hole, all while her helmet was sitting at her feet.

Since Rodia and the beating she received from the damn Jedi Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , she had been exceptionally diligent in her training - including how to take out a bloody eye from 100 paces away.

She had definitely taken it personally.

She'd be damned if she took a defeat again at the hands of some monk.

Getting down from the table I had stood on, landing crouched, I stood up to dust myself off just a bit as watched the line. There were not many shooters at the moment. I figured they were loading up weapons, or just taking them out of carrying cases. Chatter about what which firearm, or what ammo they would use to practice. Some moved to the separate ranges that had longer distances for sniper platforms, or the range for moving or flying targets. The group I was watching though, was someone I had worked with previously who was watching over the foundlings. Showing them, training them, raising the next generation of Mando'ade in how to not just defend themselves, but should it be necessary to wage war. Something that seems closer and closer to be in our near future.

I closed the distance to watch her. Just standing by as she herself was firing rounds from her own rifle. Might have been something new she was using, or just plinking. My attention was drawn to one of the foundlings. Having trouble with the firearm, they were looking into the chamber of the slugthrower. Without hesitating, I knelt down next to them.

"What seems to be the problem."
"I fired the round, but the next one isn't working."
"Let me see right quick."

Angling myself to face down range, I took a hold of the rifle from the foundling's hands. Opening up the bolt, This was one of the firearms that used a charging system. Not a chemical to cause a burning explosion. Inspecting it allowed me to see it wasn't quite in full battery. Closing the chamber, I re-racked the charging handle, took aim at his target way off to the side and fired. it went off.

"The charging handle on this one you need to really rack it a little. Give it some umph. Try it."
"Sir."

The foundling took a hold of the weapon, charged it properly this time, and fired the weapon. Nodding my head, I stood up and gave one last little bit of advice.

"Count your rounds. Otherwise, you might end up empty and wasting time on a shot that isn't there."
"Thank you."

Turning to look at the Saxon Mando, I nodded quickly as she dealt with one of the other foundlings who may have been having problems. As they say, A gardener waters and tends his crops, like the Mando'ade protects and raises the tribes. All of those who had taken the verd'goten trained and aided the foundlings who were not directly sponsored by an individual Mandalorian. These ones were likely found on a mission, and accepted joining our ranks. Which is why a few of them were here with Saxon. Instead of just one.

Walking down the line a little more, I saw a Mando that I had not met before. These days, it seemed more common place for me to meet new ones than to remember the old faces who were lost to war, or just missing in action. While I had heard them firing their own rifle, quite rapidly, and with some force, Everything about their body language said they were angered and almost seething. Something was going on.

If I could lie, I'd say I wanted to stand right there and try to just calm them down. With a weapon in their hands, that would be a little more difficult. Instead, I decided to be a little more tact about the situation here. While I had not been counting this particular mandos rounds, I had an idea.

"You had four or five rounds go into the same spot from a cold start. That's actually really impressive. Something's got you ready."

People who just came out to have fun, or practice, may not have that fire that drives them. Or the adrenaline that they can harness and control to place down shots on a target like that from a cold start. Something that this woman was thinking of was getting her fired up. Getting her into the mindset of shooting something or someone that bypassed that warming up period most shooters had.

Celt Saxon Celt Saxon Reggie Rau

Last edited:
Untitled812_20230801212140.png

Objective: Target training, support
Tag: Tarre Priest Tarre Priest OPEN
Equipment: In bio

Untitled852_20230822200401.png

The boy listened to her words and began to get an improvement in behaviour from his rifle, it gave her a moment to observe the other vod. "Nice shooting Rau." she said to Reggie Rau , one of her sisters in what was lovingly called the Beskar Baddies. Were they baddies? Recent reports of the battles she had engaged in seemed to paint that picture at least. Tarre Priest Tarre Priest walked over to them too and Celt regarded him respectfully.

"How are the younglings doing at the moment?" she spoke more generally, rather than of the specific ones at the range today. "It's been a while since we had a real war, half of these kids weren't even alive when we fought to mawites, think we are ready for the Alliance?" She knew she was ready, but the Alliance outnumbered them considerably so in all out war it was likely even the youngest mandalorians would need to pick up arms, this range tutor would have a good handle on how they were doing as a group.

"Hey Reggie... CATCH" Celt flicked a coin that she had been polishing up in her hand down the range. It spun and flashed in the sunshine as it flew through the air. Reggie would hopefully know she meant it as a challenge for the sharp shooter to shoot the moving target, not run down the live range to actually try and catch it.

Last edited:

Reggie Rau

R

banner17.png

STORM
SHOOTING RANGE | KESTRI
TAG: Tarre Priest Tarre Priest | Celt Saxon Celt Saxon
GEAR: In bio

roxydiv.png

banner.png

WHITE WEDDING

"You had four or five rounds go into the same spot from a cold start. That's actually really impressive. Something's got you ready."

The voice behind her had her lift her cheek from the rifle.
"Always gotta be ready. Yesterday it was Sith and Maw, today it's Jedi." she said, lowering her rifle as she turned to look at his visor. From where she was initially from, it wasn't uncommon for Mando'ade to permanently wear their helmets.
"Regina Rau." she said, holding out a hand for the traditional greeting.

The sooner she made friends around the Enclave, the better.

She was fighting alongside them, after all.

"Hey Reggie... CATCH"

Blue-green eyes caught sight of the coin as it flew threw the air downrange. Knowing full well what her shield-sister wanted, the rifle immediately sprang to her shoulder again and a split second later, a particle round burned a hole through the coin before it started its descent.

"Thanks Celt." she said, lowering the rifle again. "How many of those are yours?" she asked then, nodding her chin toward the kids around her.

Foundlings and kids were very much unobtained luxuries in Clan Rau. She wasn't exactly used to them.

She wondered if there were even any of her Clan members left in the Galaxy after the battle on Thyrsus.

Never truer words have been spoken. The woman clearly had the mentality of someone who had been fed up with war, but still thrived from it. Someone who knew how to handle a weapon. As I began to give her the traditional greeting she offered to me, it was instead interrupted by the Saxon Mandalorian. Without hesitating, I backed up to give her some room as the coin that had been flipping through the air was shot clean through. Hitting a small, moving target, in the air, with no real backstop. Luckily, there wasn't much for a couple kilometers past the backstop for that reason of a stray round flying past, or over.

Once she had interacted with the other mando, I once more returned the greeting. While I would not interrupt their discussion for the moment, considering the woman could have probably shot me out the sky even if I made it difficult, I decided to play nice today. Not make rivals when first meeting someone.

When their pieces had been spoken, I returned to the possible conversation with this mando in the red armor. Regina Rau

"Tarre Priest. Who taught you to shoot like that?"

It was a very simple question. But it would also show her background a little depending on the answer. Secondly, as someone who typically only carries a sniper or a hunting rifle around, I whole heartedly loved to see when someone could make fantastical shots like that. Not that I was jealous, but more so loving the fact that guns were a part of my religion.

Reggie Rau Celt Saxon Celt Saxon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom