Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[GUIDE] How NFU's Can defeat FU's

Ok here goes. this a sore subject for a lot of folks who feel like the only way to "Win" is to play FU's here on Chaos. I've played tons of NFU's here so I totally understand that, as I have seen plenty of FU's force god into the glorious beyond and such.But first lets slow down.

You're here to tell a story first and foremost. So this is not a super competitive uber guide on how to win all the time all day every day. what I've compiled here is a list of strategy’s and weapons that will work well against force users and their explanations why.

Lets begin.

One upon a time Darth Force God and Republic Trooper Nerf face went head to head.

Nerf face thought he was this awesome commando type. He launched a massive salvo of blaster bolts at Darth Force God, but Darth Force God was like

Naw man, I use my lightsaber to deflect all that.

So then our brave Republic Trooper Nerf face goes rage mode and is like,

I throw ten grenades at you and shoot you ten million times.

Meanwhile Darth Force God is all powerful. He force pushes the grenades back and uses Force Grip to immobilize Trooper Nerf Face. Next he attacks with his Saber, oh no!

Of course Nerf Face will try and dodge, but Darth Force God is like, "Oh you cant get away man, I force gripped you!"

Ok pause.

I've run into this a million times, people force pushing, pulling etc on other characters without consent. This a blatant GM for starters, For seconds there is clear cut way that Darth Force God can be defeated here.

Obviously blasters are not gonna work. So you have to go unconventional. See the thing with the force is that it requires focus. So while Darth Force god might have you in a force grip, its up to you as the writer to decided. Furthermore he need to maintain focus or lose his grip. Performing a million actions while using static force powers is ridiculous.

Here's an example of how to get out.

Trooper Nerf Fae draws his Sonic pistol and Lights Darth Karkheads shebs up. Good luck using the force to dodge that and hold your opponent in place. I hear report buttons clicking already. Don’t count on that lightsword either, you cant deflect sound with it. See what I'm getting at?

Ok so here we go. Weapons that can't be deflected by Lightsaber!

1. Sonic weapons cant be deflected by lightsabers

2. Shotgun rounds are very very difficult to deflect with lightsabers, especially something like say, An ArmaTech Dragon Breath round, which literaly just shoots fire at the target.

3. Concussion rifles cant be deflected by lightsabers as you cannot deflect compacted air moving at a high rate of speed.

4. Some sabers can be shorted out by water

5. Jorus Merrill used Cortosis dust shotgun shells to short out the sabers of his enemies often.

That's three Canon weapons right there to do your bidding for you. Two unconventional.

So lets get into countering Force Powers.

The Force is great, but it has limits. A character realistically cannot perform a hugely complicated dodge of above weapons and try and maintain complete focus on the powers they are using against you. So don’t fall into that trap, its ridiculous.

Here's a few ways to counter force powers

1. Use distraction. Distract them from using their force powers, either by throwing something as simple as sand in their eyes, using a concussion weapon, whatever. Break their focus.

2. Kite them. Deal damage and then run, don’t just stand there trying to spew blaster bolts and grenades, it's all going to get deflected or force pushed back. Shoot and move, return, shoot and move. Staying in the open will be the Death of your NFU unless you got some kind of Uber armor.

3. To prevent using force dodge and all kinds of crazy movement stuff you can always throw a cryoban grenade into the area and try and freeze them down

4. which brings us to four. We talked about blasters and such, lets talk grenades. Most RL grenades have three second fuse. The second the spoon releases, the timers on and cannot be reset. IRL when we wanna have it not tossed back at us, we "Cook it" or let the timer run down close to one as possible without blowing ourselves up, and then toss it.

By the time it reaches your target, unless they pull some serious dickery its going to explode. Either on them or near them, hell even in the air.

Cook grenades, don’t let em get thrown back.

In closing I realize this kind of an aggressive guide, with a bit of bias. Here's the most important part. If you feel like you're being treated unfairly or if you're being God Moded against, reach out civilly Via Pm and try and resolve the issue. Trying to ram through it is going to cause more drama. Trying to GM back is going to cause more drama. Pressing the report button during a situation is a last resort,most writers are nice people and will edit accordingly.

Good writing is a give and take. You take damage, they take damage back and forth till one body hits the ground, or gets the Kark out. So if you both decided you aren't going to get hurt, it will never end. Here be two Immortal men, locked in epic combat until the end of days and the trumpets sound. Don't be that RP'er.

I find it best to get away from the "Win V.S. Lose" mentality and just agree ahead of time who will win. Or just go with it. I don’t mind having my character take a saber to the chest. It just gives her more background and opens up more plotlines in the future.

As a very last resort, if your FU opponent is total Nerf, just don’t RP with them any more. Simple as that.

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
People hate Force Unleashed for bringing too many Deus Ex Machina-s into canon, but it really shows how even Starkiller can be countered with strategy and creative uses of tech.

Basically...

SCIENCE!

Us in the Jackals mostly NFU's use sonic weapons which are suppose to make it extremely hard for the Force users to use force powers. but We always just get people that will somehow dodge it or just illogically use their force powers the techniques you put are really good but really it's up to the force user to be responsible about how they post

Everything available to a non force user is also available to a force user, we have force user toting technology, e.g. Kezeroth, who is not only a Gendai force-user who uses a vast array of technological armaments(nothing against Kezeroth, makes sense if these things are available why wouldn't he use it, and he lives for so long yeah he could learn it).

And that's leaving out his other armor, my point is this for everything a NFU can do a FU, can do better, we can be creative but so can they and use our weapon's against us. There's the argument that they wouldn't have the time to learn all this while mastering the force, but character usually mine threads and nothing is stopping anyone from amassing these skills and technology, so lets not pretend it's a fair playing ground for one second, a witty plan doesn't cut it, being smart doesn't cut it, nothing short of orbital bombardment gives NFUs an advantage, and even that can be used by a FU.

Flannigan Mcnash said:
so lets not pretend it's a fair playing ground for one second, a witty plan doesn't cut it, being smart doesn't cut it, nothing short of orbital bombardment gives NFUs an advantage, and even that can be used by a FU.
Give me your best FU and I will use an NFU to beat them.

Or you can put them up against Fatty/Triam and he will do it.

It is entirely about breaking down the opponent's posts and using everything they do against them.

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

I find it funny how you have so many grenades.

So lets talk about realistic expectations? Don’t drop in and flame my guide. If you've nothing nice to say, don’t speak.

Hijinks

Cheshire Shi'ido
[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

For every Force Power, there is usually a countermeasure. Very few don't have technological counters or some kind of NFU-useable protection. You can also just use strategy. Dark Tendrils can be outflown, and many other attacks are line-of-sight.

Basically, a smart and well-dev'd set of gear can protect against anything.

WlMDAmG.png
Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users, often involving the use of profanity. If you mistook my post as 'flaming' [member="Vassara Raxis"], we've reached an error in communication. And this is a public thread after-all and I truly don't believe a pessimistic post equates to the saying "If you've nothing nice to say, don’t speak". How can we talk about problems if we can't talk about the not nice things.​

nothing against Kezeroth, makes sense if these things are available why wouldn't he use it, and he lives for so long yeah he could learn it
If you mistook that as a jab I did clarify right after bringing it up that he was but an example. I won't derail your thread any further, best of wishes.​

Soon (tm)

(Also I find that when writing one of my Force Users, if you loldodge everything I throw at you with a pair of badly written sentences, i'll often just shake my head and walk off. So if that's the way you want to beat an FU...)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Vassara Raxis"]

McNash ain't flaming. He's right. The only thing that gives an NFU leverage over a FU is friendly communication and compromising OOC. For everything else, there's Mastercard. :D

[member="Vassara Raxis"]
NFU's can be really strong if you write correctly and have a good writing opponent. It all comes down to the FU PC writer actually writing his character realistically. The most powerful Sith/Jedi Master in the galaxy will still be hard pressed to block a mini gun barrage in his best day. Overall, if you are not fighting a Sue, it's balanced.

PS: We need to thread SOON!tm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom